The Video Game Thread

Genadi

So I see that NBA 2k16 is getting released early (tomorrow) to people who pre-order the game

How often does this happen? It seems like an actual incentive to pre order a game as opposed to just getting it on day one. I know that I preordered gears 3 so that I could access the multiplayer beta and other similar things, but a full early release for a game based on pre-ordering seems like a much better incentive than anything I've seen.

Fifa 2016 should be called Fifa 15: Reskinned. I have noticed absolutely no changes, right down to the servers going down within an hour of getting Fifa (and that was 8 hours ago and they're still an unstable mess 7 minutes is the longest I've stayed on without a disconnect). Career mode is exactly the same, with the added bonus of training... which consists of skill games... oooooh. Even most of the free transfers are the same! The transfer system is the same, in other words, rubbish and unrealistic.

The jump between Professional and World Class is as always, ridiculous. Professional is too easy, whilst World Class has me in "WTF" mode with decisions and mistakes by AI players on my team.

There are NO new game modes, just the same tired old s*** they rolled out last year. Oh sorry... there's the much anticipated Womens Tournaments, because that was what every Fifa fan was screaming out for when it came to additions. Now I can give randomly generated free kicks away with boobs.

The only other thing is Ultimate Team draft(?) I'd give my thoughts on it, except as stated above, I've not been able to get on to Ultimate Team because of the 8 hours the servers have been playing up.

I'm sure there will be those fanboys who get a little hurt by my negative opinion towards the game, but look at it with an open mind because you can't tell me that there is a major difference in gameplay - not enough to charge £50 for anyway.

Oh there is a positive however, I get to play as NEC in Holland again now they are back in the Eredivisie so that boosts my score rating for it.

Day 1 Score: 3/10

FIFA 15 was pretty horrendous too. An awful tackling system and an equally hot-cold passing system made it such a frustrating game to try and play seriously. Yeah I'm not blowing £50 on the new one, no thank you.

I'm sure there will be those fanboys who get a little hurt by my negative opinion towards the game, but look at it with an open mind because you can't tell me that there is a major difference in gameplay - not enough to charge £50 for anyway.

I honestly don't see much conflict on this thread over opinions apart from new members taking stands before realizing people don't really care.

I'm speaking for myself but if I see an opinion that I disagree with but it's well written and listing actual flaws I just ignore it. If I try to argue something like that it comes down to battling opinions which is just useless. You're not going to change your mind and I won't change mine.

On the other hand if it's an opinion filled with ignorant comments or plain out lies then yes I will argue until the break of dawn but stuff like that isn't common on here.

Anyways I just think your fanboy comment is more suitable to reddit or official Fifa forums than here.

I just got Blood Bowl on XB1. I have NO idea what I'm doing lol. Just turned it on though so I'll keep you guys posted on my progress. So far? Seems easy to get into but the music is straight up cheese on wheat. Maybe I'm spoiled by MGS5's beautiful score but this is basically low fi mini keyboards. Kinda gives it an old school charm though. Maybe it'll grow on me...

Fifa 2016 should be called Fifa 15: Reskinned. I have noticed absolutely no changes, right down to the servers going down within an hour of getting Fifa (and that was 8 hours ago and they're still an unstable mess 7 minutes is the longest I've stayed on without a disconnect). Career mode is exactly the same, with the added bonus of training... which consists of skill games... oooooh. Even most of the free transfers are the same! The transfer system is the same, in other words, rubbish and unrealistic.

The jump between Professional and World Class is as always, ridiculous. Professional is too easy, whilst World Class has me in "WTF" mode with decisions and mistakes by AI players on my team.

There are NO new game modes, just the same tired old s*** they rolled out last year. Oh sorry... there's the much anticipated Womens Tournaments, because that was what every Fifa fan was screaming out for when it came to additions. Now I can give randomly generated free kicks away with boobs.

The only other thing is Ultimate Team draft(?) I'd give my thoughts on it, except as stated above, I've not been able to get on to Ultimate Team because of the 8 hours the servers have been playing up.

Oh there is a positive however, I get to play as NEC in Holland again now they are back in the Eredivisie so that boosts my score rating for it.

Day 1 Score: 3/10

I picked it up yesterday and tbh, can't really argue with a lot of your post.

FUT draft is solid concept. It's a good way to try players you'll struggle to afford (and have next to no chance of packing) and the rewards are rather good. Stupidly however, if you play the single player version, you receive the same rewards for beating the AI on amateur that you do on the higher difficulties. To make matters more confusing, the better you perform, the chances are that the AI difficulty will get raised for the next match. So my mate (sensibly) started it on professional and smacked 3 goals past the AI in the first match, 4 goals in the second and then found the third match was set to world class and lost 1-0. I started my draft on amateur and made sure I only edged my games by 1 or 2 goals, faced a team on semi-pro in the third game (kept the score to 2-0) and then faced the AI on amateur again in the final. Easiest jumbo pack and premium pack I've ever won.

Outside of FUT though. Yeah, women are there now. Career mode is effectively dead to me because playing the AI on world class is like pulling teeth this year. I could handle it on 15 without much trouble, but with skill moves and pace being nerfed in 16, it's so hard to create decent chances as the AI intercepts even the safest of passes... that's after you've spent half an hour trying to get the ball off of their players in the first place. Also as last year, the cpu plays every team identically. It's horribly generic and as cheap as ever - the cpu gets freekicks for the merest of touches (like shielding the ball) and you can see their goals coming a mile away as they ride 2-3 tackles in a row, your clearance just drops limply outside the area and your covering defender decides that now is the time to randomly burst forward to nowhere in particular.

Gameplay-wise, I quite like the emphasis being on holding possession more and working for your chances a bit more, but matches again an evenly matched human opponent can be painful. The auto-defending needs to be toned down, because it's far too easy to just pack the midfield and track back whilst holding contain and letting the AI do most of the dirty work.

Basically if you have human friends or enjoy playing randoms online, you'll get something out of this game. If you simply want to play offline or career mode, etc, then I probably wouldn't touch this unless it receives a pretty drastic patch.

I just got Blood Bowl on XB1. I have NO idea what I'm doing lol. Just turned it on though so I'll keep you guys posted on my progress. So far? Seems easy to get into but the music is straight up cheese on wheat. Maybe I'm spoiled by MGS5's beautiful score but this is basically low fi mini keyboards. Kinda gives it an old school charm though. Maybe it'll grow on me...

Played Blood Bowl on PC. Game was terrible. Should have looked it up first before wasting money on it

NBA seems cool so far. Just wish I didnt get forced to play as a pretty much black character in their story. Also dont like that they give you a name to call you. Frequency Vibrations? Really? Im a suburban white kid... I should have the choice to be a standard white kid. My opening scene is my white character calling a black female sister... Like am I adopted? The slang and everything is just a turn off. I want to speak like I grew up in a good neighborhood not in a lower class one. Dont wanna sound racist but I want my white character to act like a normal white guy and not some kid from the hood.

Just would appreciate different voices also. That would be awesome. 1 voice actor for the entire career mode? ehhh

HS environment is very well done I must say. Playing the first game now and so far im impressed. I think players so make too many shots though. But ive never seen a HS basketball game.

I honestly don't see much conflict on this thread over opinions apart from new members taking stands before realizing people don't really care.

I'm speaking for myself but if I see an opinion that I disagree with but it's well written and listing actual flaws I just ignore it. If I try to argue something like that it comes down to battling opinions which is just useless. You're not going to change your mind and I won't change mine.

On the other hand if it's an opinion filled with ignorant comments or plain out lies then yes I will argue until the break of dawn but stuff like that isn't common on here.

Anyways I just think your fanboy comment is more suitable to reddit or official Fifa forums than here.

Yeah the comment wasn't aimed at any one here. It was at those who read it elsewhere. I posted it on another forum whee the douche to decent member ratio goes the other way and then just copied it here. Probably should have deleted it for here.

Not sure if it was posted, but Deus ex : Mankind Divided will release on Playstation 4, Xbox One, and Windows on February 23, 2016

*drools*

I'm really hoping that, despite the pre-order crap they've been pushing, it's actually decent. Human Revolution was decent. That's all I really expect at this point.

Hmm really? I was hoping it was regular football just with Orcs and stuff. Might check the new one out than

It's based on the tabletop game. If BB1 wasn't your thing at all, BB2 probably isn't either. It's just a prettier BB1 with better UI. That's all it really can be, otherwise it wouldn't be Blood Bowl. If you're looking for Madden with fantasty characters, that's not what Blood Bowl is or ever will be.

A spinoff that plays like Madden would be pretty awesome though, have to admit.

Mutant Football League would be what you're looking for. It's the spiritual successor to Mutant League Football for the Sega Genesis back in the early 90s. The creator of Mutant League Football started a failed kickstarter to get the game funded a few years ago and now its release is finally drawing near. It's due to be released sometime in 2016.

Keep in mind, the gameplay footage in this trailer is pre-alpha and not indicative of what the final product will look like.

*drools*

I'm really hoping that, despite the pre-order crap they've been pushing, it's actually decent. Human Revolution was decent. That's all I really expect at this point.

Decent ? Human Revolution was a masterpiece :p i've finished the game 8 times, and in 8 run, i've never find the game boring

the first was THE masterpiece. I agree. i've never done the second. And the last edition of Deus ex add the option to do the game without any kill , boss included

HR was the second. >.

*puts fingers in ears and hums loudly*

Mutant Football League would be what you're looking for. It's the spiritual successor to Mutant League Football for the Sega Genesis back in the early 90s. The creator of Mutant League Football started a failed kickstarter to get the game funded a few years ago and now its release is finally drawing near. It's due to be released sometime in 2016.

Keep in mind, the gameplay footage in this trailer is pre-alpha and not indicative of what the final product will look like.

There's a new Mutant Football League? :D How did I not know about this?!

I'm really enjoying Blood Bowl 2 on xbox 1. Played it quite a bit today. The controls work very well. The presentation is solid. As a total newb I'm enjoying the campaign system but it really is basically just one long tutorial. I could see how veteran players would be annoyed by it. Overall I'm still learning but it's s fun game.

Outside of the 90s midi background music it's a very solid title.

I'm stuck on a mission int he campaign... I don't know maybe I missed something. But literally like my guys are no where near the ball and go for advantageous blocks yet still keep getting knocked down no matter what. And how the eff do turnovers work? Are they random? My guy will be no where near the ball and go for a block with a buddy and still cause turnovers... never had a single one go my way yet. How come sometimes I roll a "Both down" but only the attacker (MY FRIGGING GUY) is the only one that goes down?

I'm really enjoying Blood Bowl 2 on xbox 1. Played it quite a bit today. The controls work very well. The presentation is solid. As a total newb I'm enjoying the campaign system but it really is basically just one long tutorial. I could see how veteran players would be annoyed by it. Overall I'm still learning but it's s fun game.

Outside of the 90s midi background music it's a very solid title.

I'm stuck on a mission int he campaign... I don't know maybe I missed something. But literally like my guys are no where near the ball and go for advantageous blocks yet still keep getting knocked down no matter what. And how the eff do turnovers work? Are they random? My guy will be no where near the ball and go for a block with a buddy and still cause turnovers... never had a single one go my way yet. How come sometimes I roll a "Both down" but only the attacker (MY FRIGGING GUY) is the only one that goes down?

Turnovers happen whenever you fail something - be it an attack, a dodge, a pass or a catch - so you need to plan out what you want to do and then complete the safe options first.

Usually i do this

1. Pick up my players on the ground that I know I dont want to move.
  2. Look for 2+ dice tackles and then complete them
  3. Move players into a position that would allow me to make more 2 dice tackles and then complete them
  4. Depending on the severity of the game, I may pass or look to build a cage.
  5. If not, I look at 1 die tackles
  6. Finally I look at desperation moves such as going for it, or running through multiple tackle zones

Finally look at the Cabalvision pop up when you pick dice as it will show you whats going to happen.

• A skull is bad. It means your player would be knocked down causing a turnover.
  • Arrows are push backs. Some skills give the opponent the option to pick what square
  • The explosion symbol. The opponent is going down.. No exceptions.
  • An explosion with an exclamation mark. Opponent will go down unless he has the block skill where he will be pushed back instead.
  • Explosion and Skull. Both players are going down unless one has a block. If you don't have block, then its a turnover. (This sounds like your example. The oponent had block, you didn't)