The Video Game Thread

Genadi

I want to see what they do with Career mode. In EA UFC (and most MMA/Boxing games) the career mode basically gets bogged down with tedium as you "train" for fights. If the career mode is good and I'm sending mroe time fighting than I am doing some boring minigame, then I'll buy it. The graphics look A LOT better. And I'm hearing 250 fighers?? Jeez

I wouldn't say that. It's obviously based on it, and the gfx are the same but those hardly needed improvement. :p Still, there seems to be some changes to head movement and the submission system.

some change ? It's from the Fight night, there's no improvement. You still can't see the power in the punch too..

If the career mode is good and I'm sending mroe time fighting than I am doing some boring minigame, then I'll buy it. The graphics look A LOT better. And I'm hearing 250 fighers?? Jeez

I'm expecting that to be true. With the roster finally there, this is probably the game the first one should've been.

Just watched Rampage give EA UFC 2 a spin. They play a little wild but it looks awesome actually.

EA implemented a "Ultimate Team" in the game, just like FIFA.

That's right, EA UFC is dead. EA will stop looking after the other game mode, and will concentrate on the ultimate team..

EA implemented a "Ultimate Team" in the game, just like FIFA.

That's right, EA UFC is dead. EA will stop looking after the other game mode, and will concentrate on the ultimate team..

Agreed. Like they do with Fifa. Every mode is exactly the same this year as last (except you get a crappy womens tournament NO fifa fan really cared about) but you also got more options in Ultimate Team.

Nothing EA said about Fifa is true. The goalkeepers still make more errors than any real life keeper, the AI players on your team don't close down (despite you setting it up under tactics) leaving the opponent AI to have more space than they should, the free kick giveaways are shocking still (exactly the same as 15 despite them saying "we've workerd on it") We all know the only thing EA worked on was how to squeeze even more money out of the idiots who want an Ultimate Team Messi or Ronaldo card. I built my team with coins I won from matches rather than buying any Fifa Points out of sheer bloody mindedness as they were given £50 for a game they said they'd fixed when in fact they hadn't.

"EA Sports. It's not in the Game... now hand over your wallet" would be a more suitable slogan for them.

I love it. Genuinely the most fun I've had in competitive FPS since the early days of Team Fortress 2.

I mean, part of that is because I don't like online FPS games, so haven't played many. But even so, it's really fun.

Phew.. I found a dirt cheap copy with Vegas 1/2 and picked it up.. It was only £12

I was wondering if anyone has played Telltale's Game of Thrones game. It is on sale on Steam and I do enjoy TellTale's games (I own the three Walking Dead games, Wolf Among Us, and I just bought Tales from Borderlands) but I am not sure if GOT is worth it.

You see when I look at games on Steam I tend to put more weight behind the negative reviews because I want to know the bad aspects of games from reviewers. Normally, not always, I tend to agree with what they say. If anyone has played it and would like to share an opinion on it, it will be greatly appreciated.

I am a fan of the show, so I understand the world in which the game takes place. So there will be no learning curve due to that.

I was wondering if anyone has played Telltale's Game of Thrones game. It is on sale on Steam and I do enjoy TellTale's games (I own the three Walking Dead games, Wolf Among Us, and I just bought Tales from Borderlands) but I am not sure if GOT is worth it.

You see when I look at games on Steam I tend to put more weight behind the negative reviews because I want to know the bad aspects of games from reviewers. Normally, not always, I tend to agree with what they say. If anyone has played it and would like to share an opinion on it, it will be greatly appreciated.

I am a fan of the show, so I understand the world in which the game takes place. So there will be no learning curve due to that.

I have completed the first 2 (or 3) episodes of it. I like it so far. It plays like the other Telltale games. There is some nice interaction with the main cast. I'd recommend it if you are a fan of the show and of Telltale's work.

It's a good and entertaining game. But like all Telltale games, one have to understand that it's more of an interactive movie than a 'game' in the classic sense.

Also, the ending is... less than than fullfilling, and does more to set up a season 2 than wrap up season 1.

But overall, it's a very entertaining game. If you like Telltale and Game of Thrones, you need to play it.

I'd echo the others here. If you like GoT and Telltale's other games, you really can't go wrong with Telltale's GoT game.

I don't know what kind of negative reviews the game has, but the only valid ones that I've heard are about the ending being a bit lackluster. As long as you go into it expecting to play it as a series (and really, why wouldn't you?) and aren't expecting the end of the game to feel like a conclusion, it's a perfectly good Telltale game.

Some people rag on the art style, but I have zero problems with it. TWD was based on a comic, so is designed to look like a comic. GoT is based on a medieval fantasy series, so is designed to look like an oil painting. I think it achieves that perfectly well.

Yes, I have finished the game, and Telltale does a great job of introducing and developing new (relatively, they are mentioned in the books I think but not in the series) characters into the universe (with some HUGE shocks as well, just the GoT way that I love), and in turn, makes me anxious for them to be introduced to the franchise outside of the game and the books in some way. Just get the Forresters on TV already! :p

As smurphy said, the likes of Tyrion, Cersei, Daenerys, Margaery, etc. also appear, and we interact with them in junction with the events on TV. We are kind of present at the two major "weddings" and play a part in influencing some other events. The ending can be disappointing, but knowing that there is a second season coming up and this season pretty much dug the foundation for its events, you shouldn't have that much of a hard time with it.

I enjoyed the fighting QTEs as well (they work well in the game), but I guess the things I said might have been enough to help with your decision, as gameplay isn't a game breaking aspect of the Telltale games. I'd definitely recommend the game, as I certainly had a great time playing it. Speaking as a fan, you won't regret it.

Thanks for all the replies in regards to GOT.

I have played the first chapter of Tales from Borderlands and I am loving the game thus far. The humor in it is right up my alley. Having never played the actual Borderlands games before this game I was a little apprehensive about trying this game out.

Thanks for all the replies in regards to GOT.

I have played the first chapter of Tales from Borderlands and I am loving the game thus far. The humor in it is right up my alley. Having never played the actual Borderlands games before this game I was a little apprehensive about trying this game out.

I preferred Tales from the Borderlands to GoT and I am a huge GoT fan and have only played Borderlands casually. Regardless, if you have enjoyed any of the other Telltale games, you will enjoy both of these