The Video Game Thread

Genadi

A little more info about WWE 2K15:

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/08/12/wwe-2k15-first-hands-on-ign-first

I like the sound of the overhaul but I'm a little worried about the grappling to open the match. I mean, really, does every wrestling match start with that sort of grapple? What if I just want to get into a slugfest and take it from there?

If there has been a heated rivalry that's been going on for a while, and finally, the two workers get the chance to get their hands on each other, is grappling going to be one of the first things they want to do?

The rivalry between Rollins & Ambrose comes to mind. Their feud has been pretty intense so I'd imagine when they face-off again, they won't start the match by just getting into a grapple, surely? Of course, I could be wrong and that might be exactly what happens ;)

Still, my point is, it would be better if this was optional and would give the match opening more options. If somebody initiates the opening grapple, then fine, I'll grapple with you, but if somebody opens the match by trying to unload rights and lefts then that's also fine; I see how you want this one to be.

But overall, I'm happy they're going with big changes and can't wait to see some gameplay footage.

Fair enough, seems like I completely mis-read.

Sooo WWE is coming out with a CCG..tomorrrow...

It looks exactly like the NBA 2K14 mobile card game, which is both good and bad. The good is it is a solid little game that is fun, the bad is I played way too much of the NBA one. Also the NBA one was tied to NBA 2k14 as a way to earn virtual currency, which I am now terrified will be coming over to WWE 2k15. It be one thing if it is only used in the new carrier mode but if it is like NBA 2K it will be part of everything and hurt the overall experience of the game (assuming it is in the game at all).

Yeah tell me about it, SvR 07 looked more realistic than 2k14 for gosh sake. Excited to play the game and feel just how much realism there is.

I'm going to wait until release to start judging this year's game. All we really know so far is a bit of the roster and we've seen a few character models, and even fewer in action. There's still 10 weeks but... theres only 10 weeks left lol. It's strange in today's gaming media that a game releasing that soon is still being so heavily guarded. But, we'll see.

Slugfests usually involve strikes, which are the direct opposite of grapples, which is what triggers it

Straight from the article:

"During this period, you can still do running or standing strikes, as well as Irish whips, so you still have options, but the full extent of the grappling game doesn’t open up until some decent damage has been dealt."

Anyway, here is a bad cell phone video of some guys playing the demo at Gamescon. Notice they didn't grapple once in the video.

http://youtu.be/v9nvqUln-Qk

Been playing a fair bit of Payday 2 recently and definitely thinking of playing more. Trying to figure out where to play it as I got it for Pc and then it was free a while back and ps+.

pc is probably the superior version of the game but it means sitting at my desk and playing it at 1280x1024 (as my decent monitor blew) or I could play the sofa friendly ps3 version on my 40' tv but that's a neglected version

Been playing a fair bit of Payday 2 recently and definitely thinking of playing more.

How is it compared to the first one? I did get the first and played it for a while, but it overall felt a bit unpolished and too unforgiven with difficulty in several maps...

How is it compared to the first one? I did get the first and played it for a while, but it overall felt a bit unpolished and too unforgiven with difficulty in several maps...

Never played the 1st one so can't really compare.. It does get pretty silly when you get zerged. I can't really see the chief of police going 'Well, these 4 guys have massacred hundreds of officers already. Lets throw in another hundred'

There are still exploits and glitches but it definately seems fun. AI is still just there for a meat shield and won't even take any loot bags :mad: I was watching a guy called Gopher play it on Twitch and I just had to start playing again. So looking forward to a silenced shotgun