The Video Game Thread

Genadi

Diablo 3 on PS4 is very solid. I am enjoying it very much. The controller scheme is incredible. The online is smooth. The game runs like butter no matter how much insanity is on your screen. I have it on PC and rented on PS4. But it's so good that I'm just about to pull the trigger and buy it.

I have the PC and PS3 basic game. Not wanting to pick up the expansions till I get a PS4 soonish.

I've been a fan of the series since the beginning.

I also have to say, folks, that the Playstation Gold Headset is friggin AMAZING. Sounds sooooo good. I paid $80 for it on amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Gold-Wireless-Stereo-Headset-playstation-4/dp/B00HVBPRUO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1409143378&sr=8-1&keywords=ps4+headset

*Grumble grumble* Once more screwed over by being in the UK.. Getting it from Amazon would cost £75.39 (or $125.15)

That sucks dude. How dumb are the pricesetters to think that dollars are one currency and the others will just have the currency sign change.

I think they used to claim it was because of the cost of shipping units to the UK in the first place, but even digital products are effected. Some places have it right. iTunes and Amazon seem to keep the price the same for US & UK when it comes to music, but when it comes to hardware and software, it almost becomes a case of switching the currency symbols.

Physical

PS4 in US is $399 (£240.61)

PS4 in UK is £329.97 ($547.17)

Destiny (XB1) in US is $59.99 (£36.17)

Destiny (XB1) in UK is £44.97 ($74.57)

Digital

Madden 15 in US is $59.99 (£36.18)

Madden 15 in UK is £48.99 ($81.22)

Its the digital issue that annoys me the most as its no hassle to have an american profile on a console and get PSN cards

Then again.. I haven't even gotten around to Steam and their localised charging

I think they used to claim it was because of the cost of shipping units to the UK in the first place, but even digital products are effected. Some places have it right. iTunes and Amazon seem to keep the price the same for US & UK when it comes to music, but when it comes to hardware and software, it almost becomes a case of switching the currency symbols.

Physical

PS4 in US is $399 (£240.61)

PS4 in UK is £329.97 ($547.17)

Destiny (XB1) in US is $59.99 (£36.17)

Destiny (XB1) in UK is £44.97 ($74.57)

Digital

Madden 15 in US is $59.99 (£36.18)

Madden 15 in UK is £48.99 ($81.22)

Its the digital issue that annoys me the most as its no hassle to have an american profile on a console and get PSN cards

Then again.. I haven't even gotten around to Steam and their localised charging

Damn.. And yeah I've heard horror stories of Steam's localized charging.

Nice :D I love mine so far.

Also, on a side note. The end of the Walking Dead Season 2 game gets the achievement of making me cry, joining The Last of Us. But, holy crap, the feels :(

I really want to get the 2nd season of Walking Dead. Had it on my PS3 but it conked out on me and i lost the save. Does any of the decisions from the 1st game carry over like they said?

I really want to get the 2nd season of Walking Dead. Had it on my PS3 but it conked out on me and i lost the save. Does any of the decisions from the 1st game carry over like they said?

I did notice a couple conversions, although at this point I forgot the specifics. When the game starts, the game looks for your season 1 file and it goes from there pretty much.

NOTE: from what I saw on YouTube series. Never played the series, but intend on getting it for PS4 and playing the s--t out of it :p

I just bought the new game from Klei (Don't Starve, Mark of the Ninja) called Invisible, Inc - and hot-damn the game is not only already loads of fun to play (its early access) but also incredibly challenging. In a nutshell, it's turn based espionage, stealing and looting in corporate buildings while constantly being under pressure from an ever raising alarm count and patrolling guards.

It's a roguelike, so don't expect much hand holding, but the level of polish is already quite nice. The challenge is insane alright, but I keep going back for more. Another wonderful Klei game I can only recommend.

I just bought the new game from Klei (Don't Starve, Mark of the Ninja) called Invisible, Inc - and hot-damn the game is not only already loads of fun to play (its early access) but also incredibly challenging. In a nutshell, it's turn based espionage, stealing and looting in corporate buildings while constantly being under pressure from an ever raising alarm count and patrolling guards.

It's a roguelike, so don't expect much hand holding, but the level of polish is already quite nice. The challenge is insane alright, but I keep going back for more. Another wonderful Klei game I can only recommend.

Ah.. I picked that up when they only offer orders on their site and was called Incognita. Its gone through some massive changes (if you get shot at, your dead being the biggest) but you're right, its a lot of fun. For those that have YouTubed it.. Avoid The Yogscast videos. They really sucked at it (I can only shout PING! at the screen so many times)

I am getting my PS4 on December 1st. Very excited about it.

December is an excellent time. I have both PS4 and Xbox One and I have to say I somewhat regret both purchases. It's not a technical thing it's just that the games this year were very underwhelming on both sides. Very few, if any to be honest, have felt "next gen" to me. They just are slightly sharper current gen ports for the most part. Then again, with the economy and everything this year seemed like there weren't a lot of huge games with high anticipation anyway.

But still, by December you'll have a great back catalog to work with and plus huge games coming out with Dragon Age, Far Cry 4, new COD, GTA 5, and the REAL new metal gear solid instead of that glorified DLC that they charged $30 for last year. Early 2015 there's some good stuff coming out too.

I need a suggestion here. I kind of want to play one of the Metro Redux games, whether it be 2033 or Last Light since you can purchase them individually. Never had any experience with Metro before if it helps. Which redux would be recommended. (Basically, which old game was better)

I'd reply with a bit of a different answer - the first Metro game got a far bigger overhaul than the second one (simply and only because the second one is newer and nothing more), so between the initial and now the new edition of the first game is a bigger difference than there is between Last Light's initial release and the redux version.

I have both original games and while right now I consider the first game's redux, I think the second one isn't really needed cause nothing much was changed in comparison. Both games are quite good though (old and new), so far as playing goes, can deffo recommend both games. And if you don't have the games yet, might as well get the new versions of both.

I'd reply with a bit of a different answer - the first Metro game got a far bigger overhaul than the second one (simply and only because the second one is newer and nothing more), so between the initial and now the new edition of the first game is a bigger difference than there is between Last Light's initial release and the redux version.

I have both original games and while right now I consider the first game's redux, I think the second one isn't really needed cause nothing much was changed in comparison. Both games are quite good though (old and new), so far as playing goes, can deffo recommend both games. And if you don't have the games yet, might as well get the new versions of both.

Thanks for the recommendation :D

Finally got around to giving Watch Dogs a shot. I'm pretty underwhelmed so far. Combat is sort of bad and driving is just...not even remotely fun. Movement isn't fluid and seems kind of clunky. Hacking is fun, but not fun enough for me to get passed the other stuff so far. I have it for a week, so I'm still going get more into it to give it a real go, but so far I'm just not seeing what all the hype was about.

I also got Wolfenstein: The New Order, but have yet to check it out.

Finally got around to giving Watch Dogs a shot. I'm pretty underwhelmed so far. Combat is sort of bad and driving is just...not even remotely fun. Movement isn't fluid and seems kind of clunky. Hacking is fun, but not fun enough for me to get passed the other stuff so far. I have it for a week, so I'm still going get more into it to give it a real go, but so far I'm just not seeing what all the hype was about.

I also got Wolfenstein: The New Order, but have yet to check it out.

If you want a better "Dogs" game, give Sleeping Dogs a shot, it's one big love letter to Hong Kong action movies. And gameplay-wise, it takes from the best open-world games (the melee combat is just like the Arkham games, for instance).

If you want a better "Dogs" game, give Sleeping Dogs a shot, it's one big love letter to Hong Kong action movies. And gameplay-wise, it takes from the best open-world games (the melee combat is just like the Arkham games, for instance).

Hong Kong action movies is all you needed to say and I'm sold. :p

Have you ever played Stranglehold? Chow Yun-Fat reprised his Inspector Tequila role from Hard Boiled for it. It was a blast.