August DOTM: Real World

August DOTM: Real World  

44 members have voted

1. 1. August DOTM: Real World

• The Final Countdown's "Ring of Honor--We Don't Imitate...We Innovate (2002)"
    • BoomKing's "WCW 1999: The Kings Are Dead; Long Live The Kings"
    • jw_forever's "WWE 2006: New Year, New Stars, New Beginnings"
    • Save_us.Necro's "WWE 2010: The NXT Great Revolution"
    • Totti's "WWF 1998: What if Bret had stayed?"
    • Nevermore's "ECW Worldwide"

Real World DOTM nominee's:

• [thread=39102]The Final Countdown's Ring of Honor-We Don't Imitate...We Innovate (2002)[/thread]
  • [thread=73206]BoomKing's WCW 1999: The Kings Are Dead; Long Live The Kings[/thread]
  • [thread=58732]jw_forever's WWE 2006: New Year, New Stars, New Beginnings[/thread]
  • [thread=142186]Save_us.Necro's WWE 2010: The NXT Great Revolution[/thread]
  • [thread=51187]Totti's WWF 1998: What if Bret had Stayed?[/thread]
  • [thread=15014]Nevermore's ECW Worldwide[/thread]

Guest cmdrsam
This was a very hard vote for me here. I read each and every one of these. But Final Countdown got my vote. But again this was like do I want my front teeth out our my jaw broken. But everyone listed here are worthy reads.

Near impossible to pick, I swayed between Boomking and Totti. In the end I had to flip a coin (truthfully). Boomking has exceptional comedy in his diary, and Totti has somewhat of that old keefmoon magic in being able to make the entire roster relevant and the storylines engaging and dynamic.

Congrats to all nominees. I should preface it with a congrats to TFC, looks like you're closing in on victory and its thoroughly deserved. You have been a long term servant of the real world scene and I commend you for that. In actual fact, all the nominees here are long term writers and having tried real world before I know how hard it can be to carry on sometimes. Its a credit to you all to be nominated in a truly exceptional period of diary writing.

Well done on the victory TFC, much deserved and to win in that manner is also very, very impressive.

Thanks, totti. Honestly, I was pretty surprised to win by as large a margin as I did. I remember when first starting my diary, I was immensely pleased just to get 2 or 3 predictions per show. Winning DOTM seemed like a pretty tough task back then. Now, I seem to routinely get between 15-20 predictions per show, and I've just won DOTM for what I believe is the 4th time. Seems hard to believe.

A big thank you to everyone who voted for me, as well as to all the other nominees for contributing to keeping the real world scene going in the absence of some of the bigger names of the past. I'm very pleased to be a part of the real world scene in this great community, and even more pleased that so many of you seem to be enjoying my little diary. I hope I can continue to entertain you.

Archived