I'm a big fan of brand splits regardless of promotion size or style - I always liked the idea of putting out two products that merge in and out of each other's stories very easily. With that said, I understand that it's not always practical unless you're willing to go into the live editor.

I think the most obvious ones in C-Verse are TCW and SWF; I've never tried it with TCW but I've done it a couple times in SWF with little success (though that's probably just me never getting familiar with the SWF roster like TCW's). I do find it fun to take lower promotions on brand splits, running two events (one per brand) a month. It doesn't always pay off financially but it helps handle the roster better when it's split.

How often do you guys do brand splits?

I have some time this morning since I have Monday's off these days, so I'll probably have a lot to say on the subject. I have three MAJOR brand splits in my global WCW game (originally MAW). All of them are setup fairly similar in size. I love brand splits and it's a great source of massive income. Besides, I have more fun doing Mayhem vs Takeover vs Stampede than WCW vs TCW vs NOTBPW. :o

Each brand has their own television show on multiple networks. My Monday Mayhem and Thursday Takeover brands are featured on American-Sports 1, J-Network East 2, Maple Leaf Sports for Mayhem (Canada On-Air for Takeover), and TV-Mex. I just switched my Sunday Stampede brand from GNN Total Sports to CBA. I have that show expanded onto J-Network East 2 as well. I need to acquire a deal with another network in Mexico to have coverage for that brand.

I have A LOT of workers on my roster (active and non-active). My Mayhem brand features 48 men and women (women's singles division included). Takeover features 54 men (cruiserweight division included). Stampede features 52 men and women (women's tag division included). Each brand has about 10-12 non-active workers (referee's, managers, road agents, announcers, colour commentators).

Each brand puts on their own monthly PPV (weeks 2, 3, and 4) on Friday's. January (RC Tourny) and December (Champs Night) PPV's feature workers from all brands. A lot of people probably think I'm crazy in how I use brand splits, but I've always had the motto (when it comes to drinking :p) - "go big or go home."

After grabbing the CBA deal for Stampede, I was able to bring back my B-show that I cancelled a few weeks prior. I started a new TV deal (after expanding) with CBA and brought back my Saturday B-show. I wish it was possible to have FOUR brand splits. I would love to have my three major splits setup how they are and a fourth minor brand setup as well. It isn't that much of a pain to go through while booking my B-show, but it'd be more helpful to not have the clutter I have. I can't imagine Adam adding a feature that would only benefit one person. :(

I love doing brand splits, even in a small fed where it's not as beneficial. I'm just very interested in how some of the more experienced players handle it so I can try and maximum the experience

I do it with smaller promotions sometimes as well, after I get some money built up to run more shows.

The reason I do it ussually has to do with my over-bloated roster, and wanting to finally use most of them during the weekly shows. Kind of hard to do that with one show, and stay in budget.

I tend to use brand splits for organization purposes. When I have a number of young talent on the roster that I want to develop, plus a B show to do so, a brand split is an easy way to organize who I want on the main show and who only needs to be on the B show.

Its also an easy way to make money for national promotions, as running two or three brands means you can run several house show loops.

I have some time this morning since I have Monday's off these days, so I'll probably have a lot to say on the subject. I have three MAJOR brand splits in my global WCW game (originally MAW). All of them are setup fairly similar in size. I love brand splits and it's a great source of massive income. Besides, I have more fun doing Mayhem vs Takeover vs Stampede than WCW vs TCW vs NOTBPW. :o

Each brand has their own television show on multiple networks. My Monday Mayhem and Thursday Takeover brands are featured on American-Sports 1, J-Network East 2, Maple Leaf Sports for Mayhem (Canada On-Air for Takeover), and TV-Mex. I just switched my Sunday Stampede brand from GNN Total Sports to CBA. I have that show expanded onto J-Network East 2 as well. I need to acquire a deal with another network in Mexico to have coverage for that brand.

I have A LOT of workers on my roster (active and non-active). My Mayhem brand features 48 men and women (women's singles division included). Takeover features 54 men (cruiserweight division included). Stampede features 52 men and women (women's tag division included). Each brand has about 10-12 non-active workers (referee's, managers, road agents, announcers, colour commentators).

Each brand puts on their own monthly PPV (weeks 2, 3, and 4) on Friday's. January (RC Tourny) and December (Champs Night) PPV's feature workers from all brands. A lot of people probably think I'm crazy in how I use brand splits, but I've always had the motto (when it comes to drinking :p) - "go big or go home."

After grabbing the CBA deal for Stampede, I was able to bring back my B-show that I cancelled a few weeks prior. I started a new TV deal (after expanding) with CBA and brought back my Saturday B-show. I wish it was possible to have FOUR brand splits. I would love to have my three major splits setup how they are and a fourth minor brand setup as well. It isn't that much of a pain to go through while booking my B-show, but it'd be more helpful to not have the clutter I have. I can't imagine Adam adding a feature that would only benefit one person. :(

How about two people :p

Love brand splits just shame i can't make them work usually

Archived