The Minor Questions Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does the revenue shown generated from Pay-Per-View take away the revenue given to the PPV company?

My first PPV with strikeforce geenrated $2.7million and my income from that was $2.7million despite the PPV handler supposedly receiving 70%

I would certainly think so.

If the UFC does just 300,000 buys on a PPV at $55 a time, that's $16.5m. So with your $2.7m haul, it seems reasonable that the 70% has already been skimmed :)

The finance screen only tells you what is going into your bank account, I believe.

A question for Adam or anyone who knows the planning:

When is it suitable to start a long range game? I reckon there'll be an update that will contain more fighters who will debut later on. When can we expect that? Februari? March? I'm still in my XCC game but am eager to start a GAMMA game soon enough. :)

It's possible through the editor, but otherwise, no.

How would one go about setting up a TUF-like show? Would I have to put fights on smaller events such as UFN?

im not sure how you would do tournaments, but with my promotion i got a tv deal with a smaller tv station and set the quality to minor. with a high level national promotion i can headline the events with mid level regional guys.

I've only seen side control as well, too. Strange.

Ok, so how does it affect the reputation of the gym?

When its fighters win, the gym gains. When they lose, especially in a streak, the gym loses credibility. I don't think it'll impact training though. Only the skill level of new 'trainees'.

When its fighters win, the gym gains. When they lose, especially in a streak, the gym loses credibility. I don't think it'll impact training though. Only the skill level of new 'trainees'.

I see, as I stated before I created a world class gym in Scandinavia and want as many europeans as possible to join the gym :)

Has anyone had any luck with getting a fighter to sign to this? I'm playing as XCC for awhile and while I have not yet re-negotiated with any of my current champions, none of the people I've hired seem to go for it.

Is it:

A) Just another part of the negotiation, where I have to offer more money, win bonus etc. etc. to offset it?

B) Only applicable in certain situations (like they have to have a belt on them first in order to be willing to negotiate a champion's clause and everyone else I've pitched it too is just giving me weird looks because they don't have a title on them)

C) A size factor? Where it really only comes into play if you're X size?

bump

I think you just get told when they enter negotiations. I also think it's a news article that promotion X is approaching person Y, and I've noticed those articles only come up with either big names or people I've short listed.

Don't know if you get an email though...

Try shortlisting everybody at the start of the game where there's lots of hirings and see what happens.

I get the email notice when its someone employed. I'm more talking about unemployed fighters. There are a number of fightes who start out with just a few fights. I would prefer to let them get a few local fights under their belt, but I don't seem to get any notification if they're negotiating a deal with another promotion until its signed. And these are fighters who are shortlisted.

Will the database updates be continuing for much longer? I'm just running a seperate one atm that converts the default and edits it slightly so I'm just wondering if it'll ever be complete and it'll go back to exe updating like WMMA 2 did.

You'll have to explain your question a bit better, I'm afraid I don't understand what you're talking about.

I believe he is asking if there are any more planned database updates coming soon.

In the beta-to-retail there was a DB update. There is also rumors going around the Mod thread that a Men's Bantamweight division will be added to the game as well.

So perhaps he is wondering if there will be continuous database improvements over the next, say, month or if what we currently have is as good as it's going to get for awhile.

I don't really see them as being "continuous" database updates....there was a minor one between the beta and retail, and there's the Bantamweight one that isn't even close to being started, that's all!

If that's what was meant though, the Bantamweight addition will be sometime next year; I haven't the faintest idea when it'll start, as that depends on the artists, nor how long it'll take, as that'll depend on how many characters there are and what my schedule is like.

Archived