The Minor Questions Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It boosts fan interest and also the popularity of the fighter if he wins. Winning a fantastic prestige belt gives more of a boost to pop and reputation than winning a poor one.

I didn't know about the popularity boost. That's pretty cool.

Has anyone else changed their rules, and if so have you noticed a change in the outcome of your fights? For the first 3 years of my GAMMA game I used the default rules (3x5 min rounds, 5x5 for title fights, no soccer kicks, no knees to the head of a downed opponent) and I found I had a lot of fights going to decision. I then changed my rules to allow knees to the head of a downed opponent and changed my fights to 1x10 min round and 2 x5 min rounds for standard bouts and 1x10 min round and 4 x 5 min rounds for championship fights. I've noticed that I now have very few fights going the full distance! I much prefer this system. Does anyone else have any similar experiences?

I went to 10 minute rounds (3 10 minute rounds in non title fights, 5 when the strap is on the line) early in my save and I rarely get decisions anymore. I adjusted my rules so the ref will break the fighters and I allow all strikes. I started seeing an increase in better fights but I cant say that I never had a bad fight again.

Matchups and luck are still important here.

Just got the game today and I am having trouble signing new talent. I played WMMA 2 previously and can't apply the way I handled negotiations to WMMA 3.

The main issue seems to be contract length. On 2 I was negotiating 6-4 matches for 24-18 months respectively.

Anybody have any guidelines for contract length in WMMA 3?

I'm playing as GAMMA.

Thanks

It wouldn't make any sense to have it as all new fighters are generated via Regeneration.

Out of curiosity...what is the average turnaround on regeneration?

I remember in the earlier versions it would be the same day or maybe day later...with WMMA3 I had 8 guys retire from the game world last month...and only 2 new guys debuted, and one of them wasn't a regen.

Is it something I've done wrong?

Note: I started the game prior to applying the most recent update...just got around to buying the game yesterday

• 3 weeks later...

sup guys!

I'd been a fan of this game since the second edition and 3 days ago I just got the 3rd edition because I wanted to see the improvement of the 3rd one. So far is freaking great.

Here is my question. I noticed that in the 2nd game I had easy control of my roster and control them where are they gonna fight by changing their fighting weight and minimum weight. So what I did on the 2nd game was hire a lot of fighters then add 3 weight classes then distribute them in order to have a decent amount in all the weight classes.

Now I tried exactly the same on 3rd edition and even though I changed all of them. I noticed that the weight class in their profile stayed the same and I can chose them to fight at their current weight class. For example Li-Kong is a Featherweight but he is like 5'5" and I added Bantam and Flyweight so based on his height I edit him to be a Flyweight just to add some real talent in that division. But even tho I did all the changes, he only appears as Featherweight. I also check his Current Status and he claims that he prefers to fight at Flyweight. I tried to add a fight in the flyweight but there is no one in that division as every single person has the same exact problem. How can I change all this so I can have a complete new division?

Help me out guys! :confused:

Still getting injuries at 100% Recup for everyone.

What do these stats entail? There's nothing about them in the Help data, for some reason.

Experience

Conditioning

Dedication

Experience-How much experience they have.

Conditioning-Their cardio & how much energy they lose for cutting weight.

Dedication-How much they are dedicated to the sport.

You will get injuries no matter what.

Yeah I know I'm not gonna eliminate injuries, was just wondering if it would make a bigger difference.

Dedication will be helpful if that's the thing that makes them leave for breaks.

Thanks.

How much impact does experience have on matches? I would like more information if possible, thanks.

Yeah I know I'm not gonna eliminate injuries, was just wondering if it would make a bigger difference.

Dedication will be helpful if that's the thing that makes them leave for breaks.

Thanks.

How much impact does experience have on matches? I would like more information if possible, thanks.

I think more experience, the better. As you will know what to do.

Archived