The Minor Questions Thread

Yep.

I would feel bad hosting 16-man tourneys in one night because it could potentially be hazardous to health or something. Kinda unethical even. :p

And in a slightly selfish perspective, it sucks from a booking stand-point. Depending on your roster size, you could probably recover from sending 3 or 7 fighters to a losing momentum, but 15 people is a LOT of fighters to have out of an immediate title hunt. At least if you space out the tournament, you have time to get the losers back into winning ways.

I'm a roster whore. I always have large rosters, and I always do 2-3 GPs a year, plus small one-night tournaments if I have a ton of contenders.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On a sidenote:

to make your WMMA game more fun, it's actually better to change each CEO's attitude to Megalomaniac. You can see who the CEO is by editing the company in question (the founder is the CEO). GAMMA and ALPHA-1 will always steal workers away without question, something that (in my games, and they were plenty) almost never happened. You can also edit their 'booking skills' in the form of reputation. I'm not quite sure that it adds better booking, but so far in my game all AI events looked pretty good from a booking standpoint. But then again, it's just the start of the game so there you go. :p

I'm sure that, with a community efford, we can make the career experience a whole lot more fun if we continue to add narratives, relationships and all of these little things to the standard database. I think it creates a richer experience altogether. But if you just want to host a number of matches, I guess you could do without it. :)

edit: For the CEO's... perhaps you should cancel that suggestion. So far it didn't all seem that effective. Perhaps it doesn't do anything. Logic would say yes, but I'm unsure what 'reputation' means for them.

Does anybody know whether hyping a particular fighter would put a penalty on his stats (the pressure, essentially)? Sometimes it results in a letdown, but that can easily be something else, like some destiny-related stuff (being a choker who can't perform in big matches etc.)

Uh, I remember somewhere in this forum, Adam said that hyping does absolutely nothing to the outcome of the fight. I'm fairly sure I've gotten some pretty clear results from the obvious favorite losing to an obvious nobody because of a huge hype...but I know Adam said that somewhere, so he'd have the right answer.

Uh, I remember somewhere in this forum, Adam said that hyping does absolutely nothing to the outcome of the fight. I'm fairly sure I've gotten some pretty clear results from the obvious favorite losing to an obvious nobody because of a huge hype...but I know Adam said that somewhere, so he'd have the right answer.

Yeah, I think I see underperformance from the favourite/the underdog overperforming with Huge hype, so only use Large unless it's a Lermontov v. Kyle mismatch

Maybe it is just my imagination, but I would swear it affects the outcome.

There was an autobooking in WMMA1?? Can't remember exactly. Why in god's name would you enable that for? :p You really just like to watch the matches? In that case I'd recommend a game as an unemployed bum. You could set owner reputations to 100% (though I don't think it does anything like in TEW). I also recommend reloading saves if the resulting cards are not well booked. The AI will often switch even the main event around, unless it's superobvious. :p

Yeah, I just posted in the suggestions forum how much I miss it. Not exactly as a booking tool, but as a meter to know how psyched everyone is for a fight. There could definately be things like that in a future version that also focuses more on the franchise part of the MMA world. Perhaps they should be optional as I'm sure a number of people won't like it, but it could be great to have.

Yeah, I just posted in the suggestions forum how much I miss it. Not exactly as a booking tool, but as a meter to know how psyched everyone is for a fight. There could definately be things like that in a future version that also focuses more on the franchise part of the MMA world. Perhaps they should be optional as I'm sure a number of people won't like it, but it could be great to have.

Honestly, of all three games, WMMA 1 was my favorite.

-Loved all of the Corporate options

*finance (comp/free tickets, admin levels)

*marketing (region strategy [basically you can "invest" monthly in a region to improve popularity regardless of events], just marketing [how much you spend advertising PPVs/TV show/non-ppv events to improve buyrates/views/etc])

*sponsors (primary, secondary, tertiary [loved that you can actually find sponsors, rather than just have to settle for the miniscule/random sponsorship money you get now])

*merchandise (quality, stock strategy/quantity)

*media (department quality, press conferences)

-Reputation was nice

*fans

*media

*fighters

-Booking was awesome for a rookie like me

*Advice (advice on booking events [how many fights, where fights should be, etc.], how exciting the events are expected to be and fan reaction, estimate of audience size and profit vs fighter pay)

*Meeting (lists champions, lists all potential fights and expected interest of said fights)

-TV Shows

*Show Type (weekly, monthly, tv special [like current tv shows])

-Rules

*Spiking (yes or no)

-I loved the Play-by-Play report, it was like reading a real one (the only thing that didn't make it perfect was that you couldn't do it round by round)

-Latest Topics At The Blurcat Forums...

*"fighter last name" is a lil biatch

*how do i move topics?

*why all the love for "fighter full name"?

If only it didn't freeze for me so often and the lastest Weidtverse mod was for WMMA it would be the only one I play.

Well now that you mention it... :p

A question: what do you people think has the most prestige: prelim PPV cards or TV matches? Obviously TV prelims are meant for the 'lesser' fighters, but what is the 2nd best card value? Personally I favor TV matches but for some reason I tend to book the better matches on the PPV prelims, just because - when recalling past fights - you can deduct the fighters' best periods by wachting how many PPV fights he had (that aren't in fact PPV's because of company size).

In reality, I believe it's also changing toward TV more. TV main events > PPV prelims.

I'm not being critical, just commenting, but I think the "how do you gain user points?" is the most commonly asked question in this entire giant thread.

Actually it was answered a couple of topics down (need to show from the beginning to see it, and still on the first page at least)..

To answer it though:

You get points after the 2nd, 4th, 8th, 10th, 12th and 15th year. Those are the only times.

The only other way to gain points is using the random dice chance in the beginning while creating a new game... It may take a few times or many depending on how unlucky you are, but if you constantly back-out and create a new game and use it, eventually you'll hit a lucky one with mostly 8-10s in everything.

Is it cheesy?, of course!, but just an option though, lol.

And it's not that it does a lot, or limits the experience in any way.

Negotiation can be very useful when booking a huge company, as it's tedious to finetune every frickin' negotiation there is so you'll welcome the chance to get deals right away. I'd use the auto-deal function, but it only signs a 2-fight deal, which makes it a worse option then the manual deal, which I loathe. :p

I guess promotion gains you quicker popularity as a promotion, but that is also quite irrelevant. It's not a competitive popularity race like in TEW. This game is chill and doesn't really pressure you. Eye for talent is useful if it matters for you. Matchmaking seems borderline useless to me.

I know people are always looking to 'powergame' and all, but this really isn't the game to do it, quite frankly. So I wouldn't spend minutes trying to optimise it. If you want to powergame, just steal all the big name fighters from every company.

So is there really no way to cheat a guy back to your company if you accidentally lose him? I am POSITIVE I renegotiated with one of my top stars, but according to the game I didn't and he was just signed right from under me without me even knowing. So do I really have to watch some other company just not use him more than once a year for 4 year now? There should be a way to correct things like this.

Of course you can control the fight from the bottom, but it the game says: "he ends up in guard (and has control)"; it means from the top position.

@Kholdrum: There is no way, apart from resetting the game to last sunday by loading the backup. Normally, when stolen by other promotions, you'll still have a chance to get him if you negotiate the last day before he would sign with them.

Of course you can control the fight from the bottom, but it the game says: "he ends up in guard (and has control)"; it means from the top position.

@Kholdrum: There is no way, apart from resetting the game to last sunday by loading the backup. Normally, when stolen by other promotions, you'll still have a chance to get him if you negotiate the last day before he would sign with them.

damn, i've already gone forward too far for that

i guess i'll have to move on without him. he was getting up there in age anyway but damn i wanted to keep him

How often do relationships form? And is there any notification or do you have to just keep an eye on the fighters' profiles.

Not very often. You can control the frequency in the options tab in your current game, but even when set to 'high' it's still not happening a lot. That said, there is not a lot of meaningful output to having relationships. You do get notes for near-brawls or tension during weigh-ins if it's bad (but it doesn't have an impact on the fight as far as I know. It's not more 'vicious' or that they want to destroy each other), or might not be able to match fighters when they're friends.

Archived