The Minor Questions Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just do two 8-man tournaments a year on a TV show, with all the competitors having 5 fights or less. You could, technically, do two 8-man tournaments, for 16, and have the winners and the rest of the brackets compete on a 'finale.'

The way I always did TUF was sign the guys I chose to be on the show then go out and do the matches in quick match.In real life the fights don't count on their records and neither does this.Just keep track then go back into your game and pit the winners against each other on your finale.

I string it out a bit more...

24 guys under 25yo in a single division with zero losses on their record. (All on 6-fight contracts)

Four groups of Six, round robin, then the winners of each group meet in a 4-man tournament as the finale.

To earn a new contract they have to win at least 3 matches in their group.

Stretches it out over 2-2.5 years per season, but normally the semi-finalists are all good to Main and co-main events for years afterwards!

The way I always did TUF was sign the guys I chose to be on the show then go out and do the matches in quick match.In real life the fights don't count on their records and neither does this.Just keep track then go back into your game and pit the winners against each other on your finale.

I did this once. And depending how far they got, that would be how much their popularity went up (so they can headline the card). So the finalists would go up to Low Level National (via the editor), as an example.

The problem with that, in my opinion, is two-fold. First, you'll need to export the fighters to a blank database because otherwise you're quick-matching their base stats, not the stats they're at currently in your game. But this problem at least has a fix.

Secondly, stats change so often in the game, and you're putting them in your quick-match at the same exact stats; so basically it's like they arn't training to get better after each fight. Also, destiny has nothing to do with anything in quick match - so you can end up with a winner that has a terrible destiny roll in the main game. But unfortunately, if you're trying to do TUF in a timely matter, there's no real fix for this aside from doing a combination of 8-man tournaments.

I string it out a bit more...

24 guys under 25yo in a single division with zero losses on their record. (All on 6-fight contracts)

Four groups of Six, round robin, then the winners of each group meet in a 4-man tournament as the finale.

To earn a new contract they have to win at least 3 matches in their group.

Stretches it out over 2-2.5 years per season, but normally the semi-finalists are all good to Main and co-main events for years afterwards!

This is more like a Grand Prix type thing. I do crazy stuff like this every game, and just list them all as 'Grand Prix' winners in my notepad (and give them a title very briefly, then vacate it, so it's on their history). My challonge account is filled up with brackets from dozens of Grand Prixs across tons of saves.

• 2 weeks later...
If they're fighting in a ring, they'll gradually get more comfortable in the ring. Vica versa. If you they never fight in a ring, then that particular comfort level won't really change. Most people seem to come in with at least some comfort already.

On a sidenote:

to make your WMMA game more fun, it's actually better to change each CEO's attitude to Megalomaniac. You can see who the CEO is by editing the company in question (the founder is the CEO). GAMMA and ALPHA-1 will always steal workers away without question, something that (in my games, and they were plenty) almost never happened. You can also edit their 'booking skills' in the form of reputation. I'm not quite sure that it adds better booking, but so far in my game all AI events looked pretty good from a booking standpoint. But then again, it's just the start of the game so there you go. :p

I'm sure that, with a community efford, we can make the career experience a whole lot more fun if we continue to add narratives, relationships and all of these little things to the standard database. I think it creates a richer experience altogether. But if you just want to host a number of matches, I guess you could do without it. :)

edit: For the CEO's... perhaps you should cancel that suggestion. So far it didn't all seem that effective. Perhaps it doesn't do anything. Logic would say yes, but I'm unsure what 'reputation' means for them.

I took your idea and made a couple CEO's in my game megalomaniac's and now they sign good fighters left and right. It has totally increased my game playing expirience and I was wondering if you or anyone else has any other tips, tricks, or suggestions that would make my playing expirience more exciting?

Download Eyeball's expansion pack, and the community 'Fighter Share' pack if you haven't already (assuming you're using the default data). Having a continual influx of fighters all the way up to like...2006 or something, is awesome.

• 2 weeks later...
Does the quality of the show affect anything for tv shows? Increased attendance, better timeslot, channel more willing to split costs, etc.

attendance, views, what type of matchs the fans would like to see. EX. Major want PPV level main events, etc...

The problem with that, in my opinion, is two-fold. First, you'll need to export the fighters to a blank database because otherwise you're quick-matching their base stats, not the stats they're at currently in your game. But this problem at least has a fix.

Secondly, stats change so often in the game, and you're putting them in your quick-match at the same exact stats; so basically it's like they arn't training to get better after each fight. Also, destiny has nothing to do with anything in quick match - so you can end up with a winner that has a terrible destiny roll in the main game. But unfortunately, if you're trying to do TUF in a timely matter, there's no real fix for this aside from doing a combination of 8-man tournaments.

Actually, there is a fix for the second one. Make a copy of the game save and run the fights there. I'd recommend two four-man tournaments so it's done faster. Then note the changes in skill and popularity for each figher and transfer those changes in the original game before doing the final.

But if you don't care if the fights are on the fighters' history(so they're not really "exhibition matches" like they should be), you could also do the quarterfinals, semifinals, and finals on separate shows. I do two weight classes at a time. The quarterfinals for each are on separate shows 2 weeks and 1 day apart, then the semifinals for both are on one show ~2 months after that(the first day that all fighters are available, barring a lengthy injury, then I replace that fighter just like they do in real life), and then the final is ~2 months after that. I recommend doing 1x10 rounds or 3x3 rounds before the final as fighters seem to be ready to go sooner than 3x5. The timing is perfect, because it takes about 5 months to do a season, then you're ready to jump right into the next season after it. Or, if you only want to do one season a year, you can spread out the shows a bit more.

This is more of a major question than a minor question but I don't like starting new threads so here it goes. What I am wondering is if there is going to be a WMMA4? Not when, I don't care when and I know Mr. Ryland doesn't divulge that information until the right moment; I just want to know if there is going to be one. I don't see any reason why there wouldn't be one, after all I have no idea how sales for this product have went this year but this is just something I have been thinking about lately and I wanted to bring it up.

Archived