The Minor Questions Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is there way to copy the default database? I want to create a smaller world but don't want to manually input the game regions data for every area. Is this possible?

As far as I know, making a copy of the Default folder (found under Databases in your game directory) should do the trick.

Is there any point at which my owner will begin allowing me to sign my "Main Event" guys? I'm playing XCC in 2003 and am Low Level National but Vince Whitman won't let me go over $5,000 in contract negotiations and I lose anyone I make popular. I only have 1 main eventer left and she's just about to leave after this fight. I also have over $2,000,000 in the bank so it's not like we're poor.

Usually when i play MW i tend to turn off regeneration initially in order to keep the real-life aspect to the game, but obviously at some point regeneration has to be turned on in order to keep the game world running. So i was wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to what is the right time to turn this on? (after 1 year?, 2 years?) Or whether it's best to just keep it turned on from the beginning?

I think you better wait a couple more years than that. The normal database is already quite stacked. Maybe 5 years or something? You don't want new regens with superstats after just one year. Imo they screw up the experience. But then again, they fighters who retire most quickly are the ones who's picture you want regenerating.

I'd just try to dl some of the mods who lenghten the amount of fighters.

Adam said the latest patch changes include some bugs and increased injuries. He didn't mention which bugs. There were still a few I knew off, but they were all minor ones. Does it matter? Patches are almost always worthy of your download. :p

It is realistic. I'll use the UFC as an example, purely because it's the most visible. After you fight, you go back to your changing room to be checked out. You have to cut off all your wraps, remove any braces, pads, tape etc before you're examined.

If you have a cut, no matter how small, you get a suspension. If your hands are swollen, you'll get a suspension. If you have swelling on your face, around your knees, ankles or feet, you get a suspension. If you complain of any pain in a joint, you get a suspension. If the doctor suspects ANY injury, you get a suspension until it's proven otherwise. You get the picture :)

One thing that you learn from training, let alone fighting, is that everyone gets hurt all the time. If you've dominated a fight, chances are you've been punching someone lots...using the kind of gloves that are used for MMA, you're gonna get hurt doing that. Same goes for grappling - 15 mins of hard grappling and you're going to pull something.

Sorry to quote such an old post in this thread, but it is also worth noting that many sports injuries occur after the adrenaline is pumping, but the body isn't exerting itself. Most ACL tears, for example, happen this way (you just ran around like crazy and are standing still for a moment when you hear/feel a "pop" and fall to the ground). I've been in some brutal sparring sessions without issue and yet I have dislocated fingers from getting them stuck on people's clothes, not realizing it and tugging a little. Injuries are freaky, man.

Not a question relating to the mechanics of the game but rather how people tend to play the game... When people have a series tied at 1-1, would you go straight for the rubber match or make the challenger earn the rematch?

Basically, I had a pretty dominant Middleweight Champion in Dexter Darling, who beat Neil Napier in one of his title defences in a decent match. Their second match has just happened, seventeen months later, in which Napier made Darling submit (holding onto a triangle despite being powerbombed) to win the title. The match was rated Great.

Now, do I go straight for the rubber match? On the one hand, I think that Darling should be made to earn his rematch; on the other hand, I've got so many prospects on the verge of title shots that I think Darling will probably end up slipping down the pecking order before the rematch even gets a chance to happen, which makes me think that I should probably cash in and get it done now.

Thoughts?

I want all of my title fights to be as big as possible. So I give the loser 2 more fights so he can get a winning streaking going back into the rubber match. That's me though. I do make exceptions for retiring fighters I like, and such. But that's the ideal scenario. Also, it's worth noting that I'm perfectly willing to go more than the trilogy philosophy. If two guys have proven they're best, why provide the fans with a lesser product? Newer matchups are preferable, but not if that means that Jon Fitch has to twiddle his thumbs while Dan Hardy fights for the strap. No thanks.

In your spot, I just match him as best I can and hope for the best, and who says the third fight has to be for the strap? If you have good prospects on the cusp chances are Napier's reign won't be that long. You can always do it on T.V. later, or something along those lines.

I wanted to suggest a feature that would anable fights like the last UFC PPV, where they had the main event be a little like boxing, where weights were matched as both didn't really care about competing in some specific class.

However, isn't this already in the game? If you let them face off in Openweight it gives you the impressions that they will try to maximise their weight, BUT in fact they try their best to match each other's weight. In fact, I've had fighters who normally are expert in making weight (and end up 10 lbs heavier) go down for openweight. Or I might be mistaken. Any of you people noticed that?So the game basically has the feature. It only screws up the rankings of the fighter.

• 2 weeks later...
Is there a specific stat that causes fighters to take time off to spend with family and friends? i'm sick of one of my top ranked fighters taking 11 months off after every fight and i can't seem to find a way to stop it (i thought it might be dedication, but he seems to have decent stats there so i thought i'd ask here)

For long time players of the MW mod.. How long does Anderson Silva stick around for before retiring? I mean at 37 years old, does he retire quite early on or does he hang around for a decent amount of time?

Not sure if i should leave him as normal or set his Retirement Age stat to 'old' or 'very old'? But then again another question i would like to know is how old is 'old' & how old is 'very old'? I mean i guess 37 would be considered old in MMA terms but if i was to put the stat at very old, would he be still around heading into his 50's for example?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Couture=Legend" data-cite="Couture=Legend" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="29647" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>For long time players of the MW mod.. How long does Anderson Silva stick around for before retiring? I mean at 37 years old, does he retire quite early on or does he hang around for a decent amount of time?<p> </p><p> Not sure if i should leave him as normal or set his Retirement Age stat to 'old' or 'very old'? But then again another question i would like to know is how old is 'old' & how old is 'very old'? I mean i guess 37 would be considered old in MMA terms but if i was to put the stat at very old, would he be still around heading into his 50's for example?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The vanilla game starts with a few fighters in their mid to late 40's. I haven't seen a 50 year old fighter active in the game. I created a 76 year old rookie fighter once and he announced his retirement after winning his first match. I was wondering how long grandpa was going to stick around.</p>

I'm sure this has been asked and answered a few times, but... How many months is optimal for 5 and 6 fight exclusive contracts? Most of my contracts are for 4 fights and I always get those. I lose a few important negotiations because my favorites often want longer contacts and I seem to guess wrong a bit too often. It stinks losing a guy I built up because he's so happy he wants to stick around longer and I botch it up trying to keep him. Any tips?

• 2 weeks later...

For 2012 in my USA Close Kombat game, I'm starting with a PPV every other month, with USACK on ESPN cards in the other months. As we sign more prospects, we'll run more TV shows which will become prospect-exclusive, sort of the USA Close Kombat training grounds.

As those young guys develop and get noticed, they'll start featuring on the PPV's. I'm sticking to 6 PPV's a year, maybe one extra PPV to showcase some of the top prospects who get on winning streaks.

Could someone explain very briefly how TV/PPV deals work? What level does my org need to be to be signed for a deal? And which is easier to get? Shouldn't TV shows be acquired before PPV's for example, or is it the other way around?

As a general rule, you are able to get TV deals before PPV deals. To find out what the requirements are, or to change them, check out the in-game editor. You need the minimum amounts of company popularity and size.

OPTIONS -> MODIFY DATA -> PPV Carriers or TV Stations

As for events I roll: depends on the size of the promotion. I think it's pretty silly to only let fighters fight twice a year. Because it's easy to set-up in the game, I tend to go for monthly PPV's and as many tv-shows as possible (bi-weekly AT LEAST, with lots of fights).

As a general rule, you are able to get TV deals before PPV deals. To find out what the requirements are, or to change them, check out the in-game editor. You need the minimum amounts of company popularity and size.

OPTIONS -> MODIFY DATA -> PPV Carriers or TV Stations

As for events I roll: depends on the size of the promotion. I think it's pretty silly to only let fighters fight twice a year. Because it's easy to set-up in the game, I tend to go for monthly PPV's and as many tv-shows as possible (bi-weekly AT LEAST, with lots of fights).

That's a format I like to use as well. Sometimes if I have a series of big fights, I'll wait 2 months for a PPV, but I use the TV shows as sort of a proving ground for young, unproven fighters, or ones who are on a losing streak to try and get their momentum and aura back. That's how I got Rich Clementi back on track and made him a top contender in my Lightweight division.

Archived