The Minor Questions Thread

if I wanted to find out who truly is the best p4p fighter in the world by making all the best fighters the same weight would a fighter at BW power translate to 185 lbs? like is a BW power at 80% the same as someone at 155 lbs at 80%?

The weight gap makes for a difference. Relatively, a 100 power BW would be 'ant-strong' in relation to the HW, as he can only do so much against someone of a bigger size.

But theoretically, you're just creating a constant factor. To truly see who is most skilled from a technical standpoint, one would have to equalize all physical parameters. You're just doing one (the most relevant one), so you might as well stage an openweight tournament, however unethical it may seem.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quick question I am playing right now where is a list of weight classes. I am curious what the limits are for flyweight and if there are any I could have but don't know about. Thanks.

WMMA3 won't produce worldwide rankings below Flyweight, FYI. You can still use weight classes like Atomweight and Strawweight, but those fighters will only show up in your company rankings or the worldwide Pound-for-Pound rankings. I'm sure that WMMA4 will have support for those lower divisions though, especially since women's MMA is so much more popular now.

You can also add a Super Heavyweight division if it doesn't already exist in whichever database you're using. WMMA3 will rank them just fine.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="pdandy" data-cite="pdandy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="29647" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Outside of deducting money from my bank account, does bonus money have any other impact? Is there a difference between setting 1500 and 15000?<p> </p><p> Thanks</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm 99% sure it doesn't do anything, as it was never announced as a feature. Just a way to spend your $$'s to save them from stacking up.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="29647" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>im assuming the answer to this is no. but if a fighter say loses 10 fights in a row all by stoppage will he consider retirement early even if his destiny is to retire late in his career? just been thinking about my tomato cans recently and what to do with them. </div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I definitely think that factors in. Out of all the games I've played, the ones who lost the destiny lottery and string up the losses seem to consider retirement more quickly, though I've never tracked the stats so I'm not sure.</p>

Pretty sure it helps create aura, which sort of acts like a secondary form of reputation.

Are you sure? Adam defines aura as a "short-term rep" (see the manual). Menace is how "menacing" he looks and affects popularity rise, so it's strictly tied to his looks. It would make little sense to have it effect solely short-term reputation as looks are a constant in this game.

Menace -> how fast he becomes popular (as a badass attracts more fans)

Aura -> his 'hype' (based on last couple fights, like Cerrone & Arlovski lately)

Why does Russia not put on any local shows?

If there are too few fighters, they will not put on shows. So the db needs to be populated enough. And you have to make sure the fighters are actually based in Russia. This was a problem for the CVE database which is fixed at the moment (though I haven't uploaded the new data). It will be in order for WMMA4.

If there are too few fighters, they will not put on shows. So the db needs to be populated enough. And you have to make sure the fighters are actually based in Russia. This was a problem for the CVE database which is fixed at the moment (though I haven't uploaded the new data). It will be in order for WMMA4.

I have at least 60 Russian fighters and unless signed up, they sit without fights.

Every other region is fine however.

I have at least 60 Russian fighters and unless signed up, they sit without fights.Every other region is fine however.

Yeah, I forgot that was kinda the bug: Russia doesn't seem to have a status as active region. I 'fixed' it by moving them to other locations in the mod, but the problem remains. It's probably been taken care of in WMMA4.

I have at least 60 Russian fighters and unless signed up, they sit without fights.

Every other region is fine however.

a solution to this is to modify where they're based out of, so if you based them out of Europe they will fight on local shows. Not the ideal solution but a solution to the no fights prob

Actually (I tested looking to clarify this issue specifically) neither do Central America and Elsewhere.

I didn't realize that, but lucky for me I don't have any fighters in Central America. An annoying bug nonetheless.

Yeah, I forgot that was kinda the bug: Russia doesn't seem to have a status as active region. I 'fixed' it by moving them to other locations in the mod, but the problem remains. It's probably been taken care of in WMMA4.

a solution to this is to modify where they're based out of, so if you based them out of Europe they will fight on local shows. Not the ideal solution but a solution to the no fights prob

Yeah, basing them in Europe is probably the best solution. Thanks.

I'm going to assume the answer to this question is no but will fighters ever regen as the retired guys son or blood relative if the relationship isn't there already like in the case of Roope Kuqi. For example if James Foster retires and regens is it possible that regen becomes his son, (yes I know he already has a son that debuts in 2013)

I'm going to assume the answer to this question is no but will fighters ever regen as the retired guys son or blood relative if the relationship isn't there already like in the case of Roope Kuqi. For example if James Foster retires and regens is it possible that regen becomes his son, (yes I know he already has a son that debuts in 2013)

Nope. Regens will never have pre-existing relationships with anyone.

That said, if WMMA4 takes a lot from TEW2013, you'll be able to edit relationships in-game and make that happen, so cross your fingers for that.

I'm starting another GAMMA game as my other one is into 2010 and just massive, but I'm about a year in and wondering what effect does location (prestige) have on an event?

I want to run James Foster vs Raul Hughes and both are from Illinois so that would seem ideal despite the location prestige being only 60%. Would it do better in some ways if I put it in Nevada or California? Is it harder to grow by running the small markets?

I'm starting another GAMMA game as my other one is into 2010 and just massive, but I'm about a year in and wondering what effect does location (prestige) have on an event?

I want to run James Foster vs Raul Hughes and both are from Illinois so that would seem ideal despite the location prestige being only 60%. Would it do better in some ways if I put it in Nevada or California? Is it harder to grow by running the small markets?

It just determines the AI's preferences. Higher prestige means AI companies will be more likely to run their shows there. Shouldn't make a difference for you.

That's cool to know. I usually try to only stay in bigger states but now I'm probably gonna start branching out then.

Yeah, with a UFC/GAMMA-sized company I usually make a table in OpenOffice with all of the U.S. states, as well as other game areas, divided into tiers (where I keep track of the 'last visited' dates) so I can try to give them all their due attention.

Archived