Ironman/Toughman title

In my save game I am thinking of implementing an "Ironman" or "Toughman" title belt.

I had hoped to put "no time limit" so the fight would have to be ended on a finish, but now I'm thinking that I might put it just at 1 x 60 minute round, which makes it quite likely it will end by finish.

This will basically be another title for some of the bigger guys and those who are "finishers", not those who typically win by decision.

My only thought is what to do in the event of time limit expiring .. Go to judges or just make it a draw? (Which would make the challenger always have to finish the champ in order to win the belt).

One of my concerns is that these fights will a lot of times probably be boring. There will be some quick finishes that garner good ratings but a lot of times if they go for a while I'm sure the fans won't like that.

What other rules can I put in place for these individual fights to promote finishes and non-boring matches?

Will allowing fighters to close guard or not close guard make for better matches?

I have that refs can stand up fighters who are inactive.

Has anyone else tried something like this before?

I would say rules should be:

Decision (10 point must)...just because I hate draws.

6 Rounds, 10 mins each.

Strikes to a downed opponent are legal

Referee can separate fighters when incactive

Closing Guard is illegal...makes finishes more likely.

Everything else legal

Fighters are not given a 10 count.

I would say rules should be:

Decision (10 point must)...just because I hate draws.

6 Rounds, 10 mins each.

Strikes to a downed opponent are legal

Referee can separate fighters when incactive

Closing Guard is illegal...makes finishes more likely.

Everything else legal

Fighters are not given a 10 count.

My only thought with creating a draw was that I am hoping the fighters try to finish .. I don't want them trying to point their way to a decision in this format.\

However, do fighters adapt their styles based on the rule sets in place? I have no idea.

That being said, if they did, perhaps the champ would play it more safely too since he knows he can't be out pointed, he has to be finished, if there were draws in place.

Being the special kind of MMA geek that once flew to Russia then took a night train from Moscow to St Petersburg just to see an event with these rules...I'd guess that as accurate at the WMMA3 fight engine is, these bouts will be pretty boring no matter what the rule set.

I'd look at the kind of fighters you're using, and try and go for those with good offence/power and weak defence/chins. That way you'll avoid long, drawn out, gassed grappling battles.

I meant no time limit.

Most 'Vale Tudo' bouts had a time limit back in the day.

The 'no time limit' bouts are more often than not the stuff of legend, or the odd serious grudge match.

'Vale Tudo' as a term is Portuguese for 'Anything Goes', and was more a reference/catch all term for the rule-sets of BJJ vs Luta Livre fights in Brazil than anything else.

Being the special kind of MMA geek that once flew to Russia then took a night train from Moscow to St Petersburg just to see an event with these rules...I'd guess that as accurate at the WMMA3 fight engine is, these bouts will be pretty boring no matter what the rule set.

I'd look at the kind of fighters you're using, and try and go for those with good offence/power and weak defence/chins. That way you'll avoid long, drawn out, gassed grappling battles.

What fight was that

What fight was that

Been a few times. Went over for a lot of the 2Hot 2 Handle/M-1 shows as a they were getting fighters from the gym I was at in Holland. The time we took the night train (which is an experience in itself) was called something like IAFK Championship. It didn't help that they had the biggest cage I've ever seen a fight held in...there was literally no way of cornering a fighter, so most bouts were reaaaaaaly loooooooong.

Archived