Do you watch the fights?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Do you watch the fights?

• Always
    • Usually
    • Sometimes
    • Rarely
    • Never

Just interested to see how many people actually sit and read the text during matches. I know allot of time was put into this for WMMA3, however in my view this was something i rarely used or even cared about. Obviously i would sometimes read the text for the super major fights, but 90% of the cases i did not care, all that i really cared about as a matchmaker was who won and what would i do next based on the results.

Interesting to see what most people do.

Not voting as I dont really fit into any category. I just skip until something big happens (takedown/knockdown/big strike) then read the next few events to see if the fight could finish then go back to skipping until something big happens.

It all depends. I scroll through all the fights I have some interest in. I general give every fight a handful of clicks just to see if someone gets KOed in the first couple of minutes or something.

I watch fight that I find really important or exciting and I check out all my shortlisted people's fights . (Great feature.)

I hardly ever read/watch the fights. I just skip right to the results.

Basically what i do. It is interesting that around 50% of all people actually only watch sometimes or less. What is funny is that if we start this poll in 3-4 months from now it will be ALLOT lower because most people will be already bored of watching the fights by then. You will only maybe get 20% hardcore people which will sit through most or all their fights once they have been playing it for some time.

I was just watching a semi-final tournament match between Takanori Gomi and Nate Diaz in my Dawn of MMA game.

In the middle of a serious exchange of winging punches from the two... I get this gem.

"Diaz puts on his best mean face and stares a hole right through his opponent."

I laughed so hard I nearly spit my drink out. Little gems like that alone make the commentary worth reading, and I really like the new addition of the commentators giving their insight at round end.

OMG this match engine is fantastic :D

I am loving all the new additions to the PBP.

Also, i just watched a fight : Luiz Machado vs Chan Wan Wah.

Wah dominated Machado early, and on the 2nd time he knocked him down he went in for the kill.. After watching numerous Machado fights, i thought to myself "bad move Wah"

Next thing you know, Machado has slapped on a choke from the bottom of the guard & Wah is left wondering how the hell he lost that fight!

Watching the fights gives a real sense of what your fighters can do in the ring/cage, far more informative than looking at scouting screen and saying "the dude can wrestle..."

Archived