tips for making more exciting fights discussion

I have my 100th show comming up in my GAMMA event and I wanna do it real big and make it the best card ever.

here's some of the things I do so far to make more exciting fights:

1) Look for interesting style matchups. I find that it works better if you have a Standup guy vs a standup guy or a standup guy vs a wrestler. Wrestler vs wrestler seem to be more boring fights (tho not always)

2) Look at performance ratings. Try to match lower-rated guys that can be exciting with higher-performance rated fighters, or just have two high performance rated fighters go at it.

3) Look at match history. If two guys have had great fights against others more often than not, you will have a great fight on your hands.

Anyone else have some things they do to beef up fights to make them more exciting?

-Add 10 count knockdown rule (longer matches)

-Muay Thai vs. Muay Thai

-Huge hype for the match

-No referee saving on the ground (not sure - just feel like there's more dirty boxing if the rule is enabled)

-1 10 min. (the rest depends on how long you think they will get tired + time of KO)

-I think standup vs. wrestler only works if it's early KO. Later even if well timed takedown counter KO seems to have less than excellent rating

-Low striking elusiveness

-No 10 count must system

-Soccer kicks allowed

I'm not sure myself but it seems to reward more than it hurts. I had assumed it was the finances that took a hit but again I'm not sure. For hyping one fighter, yeah sure but hyping the match itself? One Great/Fantastic/Excellent fight makes decent to boring fighters near equal to the exciting fighters of the ai promotion since it seems the ai does not use hype at all.

The only way I've gotten really, REALLY good match outcomes have been through huge comeback wins - as in, one fighter gets completely clowned for the first four rounds of the fight and then comes back to win by flying gogoplata/armbar combination in the last 3 seconds of the fight.

This is not easy to plan for, though, and is mainly nice when it happens, although I guess you could try to recreate Minotauro/CroCop and have a strong striker with good takedown defense fight a grappler with insanely good chin. Sooner or later, that striker is getting taken down and is likely to get tapped.

Other than that, I find that blatant mismatches are best for garnering huge results. Remember how much fight fans LOVED watching Wanderlei Silva murder undersized Japanese cans in Pride with wild brawling and knees? Put on Godzilla vs Bambi, you're likely to get a good fan rating.

JUST BLEED!

Archived