C-Verse 2007: The Hype Thread

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
IIRC, they were national in 2007.

Yeah they are it is really weird with grading system (importance x pop) change they have to be ridiculously high popularity rating and when you put thwie TEW 2007 Pop in 2010 they are WAY under national but should be according to the data, I don't know which way to go with them, any thoughts anyone?

TEW2010 is canon... using data pulled from progress towards the Hall Of Immortals, none of the NOTBPW main title reigns have ever counted, so it looks like they've never quite been big enough to be National.

I think they should be at cult, smaller than they are in 2010... it will allow for a smaller starting roster (which might be easier when trying to put a roster together), it will put them on a roughly even footing with CGC for a while AND it will stop those soulless wrestling robots from being the scourge of the gameworld that they are in 2010, which always makes me want to beat them to death with an army of angry panda bears.

If you're worried about talent leaving too soon because they're too popular for NOTBPW then be sure to give folk a lengthy contract to start with. Otherwise I see no reason to assume 2010 isn't canon and that it was just 2007's Pro Wrestling Hits writers having a bit of a blip when working things out. :p

<p>Another question I've got, Playboy Jack Sawyer, he is excellent in 2007, not so much in 2010 in his bio for 2010 it says:</p><p>

<strong>"The buzz in the industry was that Sawyer was going to be huge, and could possibly even herald the return of the lost art of the male manager to North America, which led to TCW giving him a short trial in 2008 - unfortuantely, reports of his greatness turned out to be overblown, and he was not hired full-time by the unimpressed TCW management. Since that blow Sawyer has been quietly working the independent scene, with the buzz about him now almost completely gone."</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Using 2010 as Cannon he shouldn't be great but for most other I've kept 07 stats, as they seem logical but what do you guys think, for now I'm leaving him at 2010 standard but thats just because its easier</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="20LEgend" data-cite="20LEgend" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="30238" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Another question I've got, Playboy Jack Sawyer, he is excellent in 2007, not so much in 2010 in his bio for 2010 it says:<p> <strong>"The buzz in the industry was that Sawyer was going to be huge, and could possibly even herald the return of the lost art of the male manager to North America, which led to TCW giving him a short trial in 2008 - unfortuantely, reports of his greatness turned out to be overblown, and he was not hired full-time by the unimpressed TCW management. Since that blow Sawyer has been quietly working the independent scene, with the buzz about him now almost completely gone."</strong></p><p> </p><p> Using 2010 as Cannon he shouldn't be great but for most other I've kept 07 stats, as they seem logical but what do you guys think, for now I'm leaving him at 2010 standard but thats just because its easier</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Similar issue with Richard Eisen, with 2010 as Canon he shouldn't be so good on the microphone but in 2007 he is excellent what fo you guys think as he is one of the CV's key players</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="20LEgend" data-cite="20LEgend" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="30238" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Similar issue with Richard Eisen, with 2010 as Canon he shouldn't be so good on the microphone but in 2007 he is excellent what fo you guys think as he is one of the CV's key players</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Personally, I'd knock Eisen's down to the level he's at in 2010. His bio suggests he isn't the Cverse version of Vinnie Mac, and is rarely seen on-screen. Reducing his entertainment stats fits that.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="jhd1" data-cite="jhd1" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="30238" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Personally, I'd knock Eisen's down to the level he's at in 2010. His bio suggests he isn't the Cverse version of Vinnie Mac, and is rarely seen on-screen. Reducing his entertainment stats fits that.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Was thinking so, do you reckon thats about right for Playboy Jack then?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="20LEgend" data-cite="20LEgend" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="30238" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Was thinking so, do you reckon thats about right for Playboy Jack then?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Sawyer's a tough one, because I seem to remember him being pretty useful in '08 but he's next to useless this time around. If it were me, I'd keep it at the '10 level but that's only because I'd be using that as the definitive canon.</p>

I think Wolf won the international title in the summer 07 while he was in The Syndicate

But it wouldn't have been known as such then. The first reference I remember even seeing to The Syndicate was when TEW 08 came out and veteran members may remember how I railed against it. I so much preferred the creatively unsettled TCW of 07 to the Syndicate based version 08 had.

Wolf's bio specifies he turned heel to join the Syndicate during 2007, so I assume that's where he won the International title, yeah.

It's possible Richard Eisen's mic skills were so good around that time because 07 was when SWF were doing their 'Election' storyline - as in, Eric and Jerry competing to see who would take over the promotion from their father. - Which is another nice starting storyline for ya.

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone is interested in joining in with this mod then PM me, I am struggling to do all the work and it is over facing me, if anyone would like to do anything I would be grateful. USA is completed for workers all roster prestige sizes popularity condition and bios. The main annaoying area is changing the stats, so any help would be awesome additionally I would love someone to work all the title linages back to TEW 2007 January, if anyone can help to get this out soon rather than later post here or PM. If not I will still work on this but don't expect it soon.

Thanks, :)

Archived