Modern Warriors 2 (RELEASE)

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bisping is hugely underrated in his skillset. Your not a Bisping hater are you?!

He has tremendous defensive BJJ, so scrambling, control from the bottom / guard should be higher, his ground escapes are very good, the footwork and striking is a good notch above nearly all in the MW division and his conditioning is, generally, excellent.

You also have sub defence listed at ~25% - he has never been subbed and only ever lost to Evans (which he probably won), Hendo and Wandy. His ability is high level gatekeeper as a minimum imo and I am not a UKTT member from the UG either :)

For instance, you have Leben with 63% for footwork and Bisping with 57%. Not a massive discrepancy but for everyone who watched Bisping outwork, outstrike and generally dominate Leben, mainly via vastly superior footwork, these ratings don't make much sense.

Feel free to tell me to step off - your mod, your rankings tbf.

Haha, I chuckled. I could name at least 10 better strikers in the MW division.

Anywho, thanks for the update man, loving it!

I am genuinely not trolling but please do name 10 better strikers, taking into account I said a notch above nearly all, not all. Those who I think are above Bisping, as strikers in the UFC:

Silva (ldo)

Vitor

Belcher

Wandy (probably not on pure technique tho...)

Please name 10 better strikers in the MW division. I think he beats Okami in a pure striking battle, Nate is a tight fight in the striking department; Nate may get the nod slightly but this is a close run thing. Stann's improvement was huge in his last fight but this was a firefight against a brawler - was this a one off or will the upward curve continue? Until his next fight or three, I reserve judgement on Stann.

I am genuinely not trolling but please do name 10 better strikers, taking into account I said a notch above nearly all, not all. Those who I think are above Bisping, as strikers in the UFC:

Silva (ldo)

Vitor

Belcher

Wandy (probably not on pure technique tho...)

Please name 10 better strikers in the MW division. I think he beats Okami in a pure striking battle, Nate is a tight fight in the striking department; Nate may get the nod slightly but this is a close run thing. Stann's improvement was huge in his last fight but this was a firefight against a brawler - was this a one off or will the upward curve continue? Until his next fight or three, I reserve judgement on Stann.

I find my self agreeing with you, technique wise Bisping is definetely one of the top in the MW division not necessarily power wise but he does seem a bit underated, however like said your mod and it can easily be modded by people themselves :)

Randy Couture's stats need scaled down abit, he's unstoppable! Has anyone ever had him lose?

Also Edgar, Shogun, Overeem, Mousasi & Aldo could do with an upgrade, they seem to lose regularly & not necessarily to the best competition.

(I base this on results i keep seeing when i'm playing & not from looking at there stats so i could be completely wrong)

Randy Couture's stats need scaled down abit, he's unstoppable! Has anyone ever had him lose?

Also Edgar, Shogun, Overeem, Mousasi & Aldo could do with an upgrade, they seem to lose regularly & not necessarily to the best competition.

(I base this on results i keep seeing when i'm playing & not from looking at there stats so i could be completely wrong)

Agreed on the above statement based on results from my own games.

I'm having an issue. I'm playing as KOTC, and on the UFC cards, there are constantly main-events for the title of being a TUF winner from season 2 or 3. For example, BJ Penn beat Amir Sodallah in a 5 rounder to be the TUF 2 Light Heavyweight Champion.

Hominick was on my list to take a look at; the other guys I will check out to. But from what I've seen upsets are just more likely in wmma3, and weight seems to play a much bigger factor.

Initially i would've disagreed with this in Randy Couture's case as it did seem like he was far to good, however since you posted this i've had Shogun knock him out & Machida beat him by decision so either it was indeed just upsets or he wasn't as unstoppable as i first thought lol!

Probably a stupid question, but little confused by something just want to understand. You released Modern Warriors and Modern Warriors 2 in the same month some I'm curious what's the different. Is there a reason you made a sequel rather than just patching number one? Is there any difference that may make some prefer the first over the second or is it just a simple update?

I'm having an issue. I'm playing as KOTC, and on the UFC cards, there are constantly main-events for the title of being a TUF winner from season 2 or 3. For example, BJ Penn beat Amir Sodallah in a 5 rounder to be the TUF 2 Light Heavyweight Champion.

I had this issue in previous incarnations of the game as well; I find it works best to just delete those 'titles' from the database.

Am i right in saying that you used the Fighters Only World MMA Awards for the 'end of year awards'?

If so then those awards began in 2008 with the results being as follows;

Fighter of the Year:

Anderson Silva

European Fighter of the Year:

Michael Bisping

Female Fighter of the Year:

Gina Carano

Breakthrough Fighter of the Year:

Demian Maia

Fight of the Year:

Chuck Liddell vs. Wanderlei Silva

Submission of the Year:

Georges St.Pierre vs. Matt Hughes

Knockout of the Year:

Wanderlei Silva vs. Keith Jardine

Leading Man:

Dana White

Best Promotion:

UFC

Best MMA Brand:

UFC

Ring Girl of the Year:

Arianny Celeste

Best Overall Clothing:

Tapout

Best MMA Gloves:

Fairtex

Best MMA Shorts:

Sprawl

Best Media Coverage:

MMA Junkie

http://www.mmaworld.org/showthread.php?t=10903

Probably a stupid question, but little confused by something just want to understand. You released Modern Warriors and Modern Warriors 2 in the same month some I'm curious what's the different. Is there a reason you made a sequel rather than just patching number one? Is there any difference that may make some prefer the first over the second or is it just a simple update?

It just kind of depends. If it's a smaller update that is fixing a few errors I'll just call it 1.1, 1.2, etc. If it's a bigger update I'll call it a new version. I added quite a few fighters in the last update so I called it 2. You can rename it as you see fit. :)

I had this issue in previous incarnations of the game as well; I find it works best to just delete those 'titles' from the database.

Huh, I've never noticed that. The titles are not set to active so it must be a bug. Does anyone know if a patch has corrected this or should I put that in the help forum?

Huh, I've never noticed that. The titles are not set to active so it must be a bug. Does anyone know if a patch has corrected this or should I put that in the help forum?

I posted this in the help forum awhile back & although i was never told that it got fixed (or if it was even a bug in the first place), i've never seen it happen since.

Fully understand that walking weights is a WIP, but thought I could at least help and point some out to help save you time: (I'll edit this as I encounter more, these are simply guys I use who miss weight regulary due to walking weight and really shouldnt)

Chris Horodecki - Should be closer to 170 so he can make lightweight easily

Tomasz Drwal - Should be closer to 200 so he can make middleweight easily

Wes Shivers - Should be closer to 280 so he can make heavyweight easily

Ed Ratcliff - Should be closer to 170 so he can make lightweight easily

Joseph Ambrose - Walking weight should be lower to make him getting to lightweight more realistic.

Frank Trigg - Walking weight maybe at 185-190 so he can have a better chance at making welterweight.

Rory Markham - Walking weight should be lower to allow him to cut to middleweight easier.

Terry Martin - Walking weight should be lower to allow him to cut to middleweight easier.

Thales Leites - 200 or so. He's not a big middleweight by any means (overly muscular) so I doubt he even cuts much weight at all.

Yushin Okami - 200 or so. Hard to make middleweight from 230.

Tim Sylvia - Ideal weight maybe 300 pounds making him a super heavyweight. His last fight he weighed in at 311 AT weigh ins. If you assume he cut at least 10 just by working out it means his walking weight is like 325 or higher.

Some suggestions:

Marcus Jones should be retired.

Possibly rename Joseph Ambrose to JJ Ambrose?

Possibly rename Kevin Ferguson to Kimbo Slice?

Redo the CEOs? People like Mike Goldberg dont do it for me! lol. I know its just a minor, mainly useless thing but thought I'd mention it.

Possibly add some of the "freaks" like Ray Mercer, Jose Cansenco, James Toney, Batista, ext. some could be set as retired or something, but would be fun to activate in the game sometimes just to see what happens.

Love the mod!

EDIT:

TITAN FC Results from 11/28/2011. I know you'd stumble upon them anyway, but I just love to point out the fall of Tim Sylvia any chance I can.

Tony Cardello def. Billy Thomas via TKO in round 1

Mirsad Bektic def. Mac Bailey via TKO in round 3

Jon Hollis def. Brian Phillips via KO in round 3

Alonzo Martinez def. Deryck Ripley via Submission in round 2

Anthony Gutierrez def. Jacob Aiken via TKO in round 1 (pro debut for both)

Drew Dobor def. Bobby Cooper via Unanimous Decision in round 3

Drew McFedries def. Gary Tapusoa via TKO in round 3

Aaron Derrow def. Rich Clementi via Submission in round 3

Jason High def. Rudy Bears via Submission in round 1

Abe Wagner def. Tim Sylvia via TKO in round 1

Archived