Coach Mau and his Career

The National Champions Are Named: SAN DIEGO STATE UNIVERSITY! CONTROVERSY ARISES! The 11-1 SDSU team has been named the National Champions according to the GDCS Rankings! The #2 ranked LSU Tigers just beat them in the NC Game but they're not #1. Hmm! The other two polls, however, name the Tigers as the champions. Heh. Advancing to Offseason: [b]Evaluation on 2019 Season[/b] Team Performance: A Recruiting: A Talent: A Board Expectations: A Prestige: A Overall: A+ Now we're back to the top of the heep! This is what we needed to rise back up to the best of the best. Next season will be different though.. we'll be better! Lots better!

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[b]Potential Draftees:[/b] OLB Jerry Hester, Sr, Texas [b]Job Offers:[/b] I don't think I could force myself to leave this team at the moment. Maybe if we've won 10 championships in a row, but not now. I've got what looks to be about 10 or so offers. Some of the offers included, Mizzou, ASU, Wisconsin(OH, LORDY! ME WANT!) and Ohio State. That makes things real freakin' interesting. I didn't think I'd get an offer from my (in-game) Alma Mater. I am torn, real torn here. Texas hasn't been that great to me, but we're on the rise! Why would I leave, right? But Wisconsin has the best running back in the country at the moment. He's got a shot at 2000+ yards after his great 1800+ yard performance this year. Gosh. I have to call my mommy about this one. I may sleep on this offer. If I do well again, I may get another offer from them...so... I dunno!!! Cripes. I think I'll keep the Texas job just because.

[b]Transfers[/b] We lose a few players to other teams during the transfer state, it's okay as they weren't going to be starters this year anyways.. It's sad to lose 'em, but it's all right. [b]Recruiting: Week One[/b] We've got 21 scholarships to hand out and plenty of money to use once again. This will be a very tough recruiting season since I've got the worst Recruiting Package possible this year. So, we'll have a lot of questionables. [b]Week Two[/b] - No signings Lots of Green players interested in playing for us, not as many Blues as in the past, but that's all right, we've got a very talented team as is, at least for two more seasons. We've got the best OT in the country wanting to come to our school, so hopefully we can nab him! That would really solidify our OL big time. We've got a great line as it is, but with this guy.. holy crap. Barno 4000 yards rushing!! ;) [b]Week 3[/b] No signings. We keep losing big time players that we were going after, including the best kicker in the country. We'll just have to find another, I guess. [b]Week 4[/b] - One signing/ We found out today that we'll be losing LB Hester to the NFL Draft this year. That's too bad, he was a great player, he'll be a good pro. Good luck, kid. Whew! that I didn't go to Wisconsin. They lost three of their best players, including the best back in the country. They'll have a down year now while we're still soarin' up. Players committing to Texas WR Doug Forsey - #3 rated recruit in the country!! STUD ALERT! [b]Week 5[/b] We don't sign anybody once again... and we lose more players to conference foes.

[b]Week 6[/b] - We nail a good couple of guys here. The rest are pretty much going to be backups with some shot to starting. Players committing to Texas OT Mario Delhomme OT John McKeller - #104 WR Jason Craft -#129, another good WR. We'll be set there for a while now. OLB Chris Stroud CB Abe Behrman WR Anthony McCrary [b]Week 7[/b] We continue to solidify our WR Corps along with finally getting some help in the secondary.. better help. Players committing to Texas WR Robert Slaughter CB Dhani Gaines CB Bruce Weaver [b]Week 8[/b] Nothing left out there for me to record here.. lol [b]Final Signings[/b] The following recruits ended up coming to Texas: WR Doug Forsey, 5-stars West Point (West Point, VA) National Rank: 3, Regional: 1, Position: 1 WR Robert Slaughter, 4-stars Robstown (Robstown, TX) National Rank: 205, Regional: 37, Position: 19 CB Abe Behrman, 4-stars San Antonio Christian (San Antonio, TX) National Rank: 237, Regional: 39, Position: 23 WR Anthony McCrary, 4-stars Ruskin (Kansas City, MO) National Rank: 247, Regional: 43, Position: 28 OT John McKeller, 4-stars West Central (Hartford, SD) National Rank: 104, Regional: 14, Position: 11 OT Mario Delhomme, 4-stars Rains (Emory, TX) National Rank: 108, Regional: 15, Position: 13 OLB Chris Stroud, 4-stars Meridian (Meridian, TX) National Rank: 117, Regional: 16, Position: 10 WR Jason Craft, 4-stars GMG (Garwin, IA) National Rank: 129, Regional: 19, Position: 9 CB Bruce Weaver, 4-stars Bolivar (Bolivar, MO) National Rank: 330, Regional: 55, Position: 36 DT Byron Tinker, 3-stars Temple (Temple, TX) National Rank: 416, Regional: 72, Position: 34 CB Dhani Gaines, 3-stars Holland (Holland, TX) National Rank: 299, Regional: 52, Position: 32 WR Weldon Dogins, 3-stars Christoval (Christoval, TX) National Rank: 394, Regional: 68, Position: 57

[b]Training Period[/b] Initial Look: Johnson will get the nod at QB as of now. WR Doug Forsey is everything I imagine he could be...and he's ready NOW as a freshman!! RB Barno will be starting full time again. Our defense has the potential to be dangerous, but we need to improve a LITTLE.

[b]2020 Pre-Season[/b] We open up the season ranked 5th in the Media Polls along with 7th in the Coach's polls. We'll be #1 in no time!!!! Book it. We're so damned good! After what I thought was a pretty bland recruiting year, turned out to be the 10th best in the country. We didn't sign very many guys, but they were all pretty good players, including one of the best in the country in WR Forsey! Forsey is named the #1 WR for our team already! Johnson will be trying to gun for him all year. Barno and Matthews will be a good combination this year. Greens across the boards for our offensive line, one of the best in the country. Scary: Cornerbacks... we're young and inexeperienced, but they're talented, but not talented enough NOW. Could be a long year for those guys, but I'm sure our DL will be able to sack those QB's quickly enough so the deep ball won't be there. Punter, Alex Henry, is the #1 punter in the country. He's a pure stud punter. Hopefully he stays his last two years. QB Largent will be a great backup for Johnson. If Johnson gets hurt, I have all the faith in the world for Largent to be successful. He's got some great abilities with his arm. Our OL... WOW! Our backups would start at many schools, and they're just freshmen! If I redshirt them, I hope they stick around, I don't recall talking about playing time with any of 'em during recruiting time.

[b]Meet The Boys[/b] QB Jeff Johnson - Jeff is a Junior who has been starting for two years straight now. He's had his ups and downs, but he's been definitely improving over the years he's been here. He is one of the best passers in the country, he's got great accuracy with his arm. The only game that he needs to work on, but can't do a lot about is his quickness. He's a slow guy, but he is becoming a smarter player. Last year he had fewer sacks all the while playing more games than his freshman year. I expect this year to be no different. [code] Bowl Bound - Jeff Johnson
Jeff Johnson, Quarterback
TEX
Current/Potential
RATING
YARDS
COMP%
TD
INT
7/9
Texas Longhorns
Attributes
Morale:
Unsure
Height:
5-11
Weight:
Ideal Wt:
Jersey:
Year:
Jr
OK
Energy:
HS Ranking:
Pos Ranking:
#7 QB
Position Ratings
Passing Accuracy:
Passing Touch:
Running:
Hands:
Punt Return:
Kick Return:
Durability:
Endurance:
Adaptability:
Athletic Ratings
Arm Strength:
Acceleration:
Agility:
Speed:
Strength:
Jumping:
Instincts:
Aggressiveness:
Discipline:
Intelligence:
Work Ethic:
Personal Bests
Attempts:

Completions:

Passing yards:

Longest pass:

Touchdowns:

Game Logs
WeekOppResAttCompComp%YdsYds/ATDIntLngSackRatR YdsYPCR TDs
Passing Statistics
YearGPGSComp-AttComp%YdsYds/ATDTD%IntInt%LngGPBPSackRat
20181212221-41353.528616.9204.8194.673161633118.5
20191413277-46759.335567.6224.7143.06514826132.8
Total2625498-88056.664177.3424.8333.873302459126.1
Rushing Statistics
YearGPGSRushYdsYPGYPCLngTDCRMHFumFLostSackYL
20181212670.61.220002033211-
201914131060.40.650002026153-
Total262516130.50.850004059364-
Scouting Report
Potential
Good coaching could help him develop accuracy at a top notch level. With continued development, touch passing is a skill that could really set him apart. Scouts envision his arm strength becoming as good as any QB in college ball. As he matures, his good instincts should work in his favor.
Player Awards
[/code]

[b]RB Drew Barno[/b] Drew is from the same recruiting class as Johnson, and what a good class that was. Drew looks to continue to improve on his numbers as well. If he wants to be successful, he needs to improve his 3.9 YPC and I think he'll do just that with the improved OL. If he wants to really keep his starting job, he'll have to bring down the fumbles this year, he fumbled it 11 times last year.. about 11 times too many. We can't afford those mistakes this year! [code] Bowl Bound - Drew Barno
Drew Barno, Running Back
TEX
Current/Potential
RUSH Y
YPC
LNG
REC Y
TD
7/8
Texas Longhorns
Attributes
Morale:
Unsure
Height:
5-9
Weight:
Ideal Wt:
Jersey:
Year:
Jr
OK
Energy:
HS Ranking:
Pos Ranking:
#15 RB
Position Ratings
Running:
Hands:
Route Running:
Run Block:
Punt Return:
Kick Return:
Durability:
Endurance:
Adaptability:
Athletic Ratings
Arm Strength:
Acceleration:
Agility:
Speed:
Strength:
Jumping:
Instincts:
Aggressiveness:
Discipline:
Intelligence:
Work Ethic:
Personal Bests
Rushes:

Rushing yards:

Longest run:

Receiving yards:

Touchdowns:

Game Logs
WeekOppResRushYdsYPCYPGLngTDCRMHFLostRecYdsYPCTD
Rushing Statistics
YearGPGSRushYdsYPGYPCLngTDCRMHFumFLost
2018101020776876.83.75011542---
201914144001567111.93.9931158115---
Total2424607233597.33.89312613157---
Receiving Statistics
YearGPGSAttRecYdsYPGYPCYACLngTDGCDrpDrp%IR
20181010483335035.010.6213540012.13-
20191414392117912.88.51094200615.41-
Total2424875452922.09.8322540078.04-
Scouting Report
Potential
Has a good burst which many feel will eventually turn him into a dynamite outside runner. There is no reason why he can't be a good receiver in the future. Once he harnesses his skills, his speed will make him an exciting player. With more experience, his instincts will allow him to dominate opposing defenses.
Player Awards
[/code]

[b]WR Doug Forsey[/b] Quite possibly the best athlete we've ever had as a freshman. Doug will bring quite a lot to the table for us. He's our fastest player. The best hands. The best moves. There is no reason this kid can't go pro after his sophomore season...but of course I hope he doesn't. He's got a real shot at getting 5000 yards receiving over four years. This guy will be Johnson's favorite target I imagine...but of course don't forget about McCleskey along with the other freshman recruit, Jason Craft, who's got great talent as well..and I haven't decided yet if he'll play this year or not, he's got better hands than everyone except of course Forsey. [code] Bowl Bound - Doug Forsey
Doug Forsey, Wide Receiver
TEX
Current/Potential
REC
REC Y
YPC
LNG
TD
6/10
Texas Longhorns
Attributes
Morale:
Unsure
Height:
5-8
Weight:
Ideal Wt:
Jersey:
Year:
Fr
OK
Energy:
HS Ranking:
Pos Ranking:
#1 WR
Position Ratings
Hands:
Route Running:
Running:
Run Block:
Punt Return:
Kick Return:
Durability:
Endurance:
Adaptability:
Athletic Ratings
Arm Strength:
Acceleration:
Agility:
Speed:
Strength:
Jumping:
Instincts:
Aggressiveness:
Discipline:
Intelligence:
Work Ethic:
Personal Bests
Receptions:

Receiving yards:

Longest catch:

Rushing Yards:

Touchdowns:

Game Logs
WeekOppResAttRecYdsYPCYACLngTDGCDrpFLostR YdsYPCTD
Scouting Report
Potential
With more repetitions and effort, he'll be able to catch anything thrown in his direction. As he catches on to the nuances of the position, he'll consistently run beautiful routes. There will come a day when his speed will put him in an elite class of receivers. With more practice, he'll be making the kind of runs that make would be tacklers look silly.
Player Awards
[/code]

[b]So DT John McNeal[/b] This guy had seven sacks for us last season and he didn't start a single game. Imagine how he'll do as he starts every game this year! This guy is a beast, and will be a beast for possibly three more years. Oh, yeah, he also forced four fumbles thanks to his punishing tackles. [code] Bowl Bound - John McNeal
John McNeal, Defensive Tackle
TEX
Current/Potential
SACK
STUFF
TAK
HUR
DP
6/9
Texas Longhorns
Attributes
Morale:
Unsure
Height:
6-5
Weight:
Ideal Wt:
Jersey:
Year:
So
OK
Energy:
HS Ranking:
Pos Ranking:
#3 DT
Position Ratings
Pass Rush Moves:
Point of Attack:
Hands:
Tackling:
Coverage:
Durability:
Endurance:
Adaptability:
Athletic Ratings
Arm Strength:
Acceleration:
Agility:
Speed:
Strength:
Jumping:
Instincts:
Aggressiveness:
Discipline:
Intelligence:
Work Ethic:
Personal Bests
Sacks:

Stuffs:

Tackles:

Hurries:

Interceptions:

Game Logs
WeekOppResTakSoloAstSackStufHurDPFFPDIntTDMTOOP
Defensive Statistics
YearGPGSTakSoloAstSackStufHurDPFFPDMTOOPBPA
201912019163705340000-
Total12019163705340000-
Scouting Report
Potential
Coaches expect him to become a very good tackler and he seems determined to make it happen. He'll develop an aggressive style that will rally his teammates and excite the fans. You're going to see some amazing agility from this kid down the road. His focus on weight training is so intense that his strength could bypass anything we've ever seen.
Player Awards
Named Third Team All-Big 12 (2019)
[/code]

[b]Scheduling[/b] In a surprise move, Texas signs on with a game against the Wisconsin Badgers during week 15. This game could have some huge implications on the GDCS Bowls! Along with Wisconsin we signed on with Tennessee, California and Arizona State. No cupcakes this year!! The Big 12 has 5 teams in the Top Ten including three in the top 5! Unreal! That makes for a tough road to a championship! [b]Schedule[/b] WEEK OPPONENT SCORE 1 Arizona State - 2 at California - 3 OPEN - 4 at #10 Texas Tech - 5 at #14 Kansas State - 6 #2 Oklahoma - 7 #1 Nebraska - 8 at Iowa State - 9 #9 Oklahoma State - 10 OPEN - 11 at Tennessee - 12 Baylor - 13 OPEN - 14 at Texas A&M - 15 #16 Wisconsin -

[b]2020 Season[/b] We're expected to finish no worse than third and be in the Top 15 by season's end. [b]Roster Breakdown[/b] 27 Freshman 17 Sophomores 20 Juniors 17 Seniors We've got one of the best teams in the country, talent-wise.. Let's see if we can turn the talent into an undefeated season!

[b]Week 1 - Arizona State @ #5 Texas[/b] - Texas by 18 The pre-season hype is finished. It's time for the real deal. Who cares if critics were predicting that a the heisman winner may come out of this school. Who cares if we were picked to finish third, our goal is first. Who cares if we have freshmen starting, everyone gets an equal shot to start, once the season starts we're all ONE! IT'S GAME TIME BABY! First up is ASU, they're a borderline top 25 team, so we'll have enough to handle this week. I don't expect to lose, but I can't predict the future. I say we win by twenty, but what do I know? [b]1st Quarter[/b] We open up the game with two runs that were for losses and an incomplete pass. What a horrible opening drive for our season! Ugh. We get a break as the ASU offense stalls within our 10 yard line after starting out unstoppable. It's 3-0 early on still. Some more patheticness by our offense as we get calle for Unnecessary Roughness that made it nearly impossible to get a first down, so we punt again, we're still in the negatives for yardage. A crease in the secondary allows for Barno to take it to the house after he took in a pass from Johnson! 41 yard touchdown pass makes it 7-3. Johnson was 3-3 that drive, completing his three only passes of the game so far. [b]2nd Quarter[/b] Wow. We get moving again into the redzone of ASU but two penalties have pushed us all the way back to the 42 yard line for 2nd and 40. Nice! We need to work on that discipline a little. We convert the 3rd and 40 with a 41 yard pass!!!! BUT! Holding. Offense. 10 yards, repeat third down. 3rd and 50 now! Do we dare try for the first down? We don't get it and punt it away. Wow. That was whack! We start out our next drive with another holding on our OL! Our sixth penalty! 80 yards total! UGH! What in the hell is going on? Well, our defense doesn't seem to want to make a stop. ASU takes the lead with a touchdown on a nice long drive. 10-7. We get a minute to work with before halftime. That will be halftime as we don't put together much of anything for the whole half..neither teams did, the Sun Devils did more though. Our offensive line has lots of 'splainin to do with all those darned penalties. About eight penalties too many. Gosh! [b]3rd Quarter[/b] The Devils open up the half with the first score of the half, a field goal. 13-7. We regain the lead as we answer back strongly with a touchdown pass from Johnson to McCleskey! 14-13! That is how you do it!! Good solid runs by Barno. Excellent passes by Johnson. There's our team!!! Soon-to-be All-American special teamer Wyche extends the lead with an 85(65 according to in-game PBP) yard punt return for a touchdown. 21-13. Woops! Another three and out for our defense and another chance for Wyche to do some damage. Damage he does! He returns this punt 73 yards for the TD!! 28-13 in a matter of minutes. The man has some serious moves on the returns! He's listed as both KR and PR, so watch for him on ESPN Highlights! McNeal gets his first sack of many for the season that allows us to get the ball back and this time the offense will actually go onto the field. [b]4th Quarter[/b] 28-16 as ASU gets a field goal to start the fourth quarter. Matthews gets his first touchdown of the season from three yards out. 35-16. Barno is starting to show why he's such a good back. He got lots of yards on that drive giving him 115 on the day. With four minutes left in the game, ASU gets another field goal to make it 35-19 as they barely stay in the game. The final score is 34-19 as we win convincingly thanks to two touchdown returns by CB Wyche!!! It started out real slow for us, but our offense came to life in the second half more-so. One thing we need to change is the 12 penalties for 128 yards. It doesn't show who kept clipping or roughing or whatever made us lose all those damn yards! SDSU comes out short in their first game against Pittsburgh, losing 24-22 already ruining their undefeated season. ;) [code] Arizona State: 19, Texas: 34
TEAM
1Q
2Q
3Q
4Q
OT
FINAL
Arizona State
(0-1)
Texas
(1-0)
Team Statistics
ASU
TEX
First Downs1819
   Rushing
   Passing
   Penalty
3rd-down Efficiency7-185-15
4th-down Efficiency0-01-1
Total Net Yards311337
   Total plays
   Average gain
Net Yards Rushing131128
   Rushes
   Average per rush
Net Yards Passing180209
   Completed-attempted
13-23
16-28
   Yards per pass
   Sacked-yards lost
3-14
2-11
   Had intercepted
Punts-average7-41.97-43
Return Yardage175286
   Punts-returns
2-17
4-179
   Kickoffs-returns
6-158
4-101
   Interceptions-returns
0-0
1-6
Penalties-yards9-7612-128
Fumbles-lost1-00-0
Touchdowns15
   Rushing
   Passing
Extra Points1-14-5
Field Goals4-40-0
Red Zone Efficiency3-3-100%2-2-100%
Time Of Possession32:2427:46
First Quarter
ASU
FG
09:57
3-0
Don Roundtree 27 YD
TEX
TD
06:22
7-3
Drew Barno 41 YD Pass from Jeff Johnson (Bernie Simmons Kick).
Second Quarter
ASU
TD
01:14
10-7
Detron Roe 1 YD Run (Don Roundtree Kick).
Third Quarter
ASU
FG
13:02
13-7
Don Roundtree 46 YD
TEX
TD
09:41
14-13
Tom McCleskey 5 YD Pass from Jeff Johnson (Bernie Simmons Kick).
TEX
TD
06:32
21-13
85 YD Punt Return by Greg Wyche (Bernie Simmons Kick).
TEX
TD
04:47
28-13
73 YD Punt Return by Greg Wyche (Bernie Simmons Kick).
Fourth Quarter
ASU
FG
11:25
28-16
Don Roundtree 33 YD
TEX
TD
08:04
34-16
David Matthews 3 YD Run (Bernie Simmons Kick Failed).
ASU
FG
03:27
34-19
Don Roundtree 49 YD
ASU PASSING
CP/ATYDSTDINTLGSACK
QB D. Palmer
13/23
3-14
TEX PASSING
CP/ATYDSTDINTLGSACK
QB J. Johnson
16/28
2-11
ASU RUSHING
ATT
YDS
YPC
TD
LG
RB D. Roe
RB S. Romero
QB D. Palmer
TEX RUSHING
ATT
YDS
YPC
TD
LG
RB D. Barno
RB D. Matthews
QB J. Johnson
ILB T. White
ASU RECEIVING
ATTRECYDSYPCYACTDLGDRP
WR A. Pierce
TE E. Yoder
WR W. Johnson
WR F. Fontenot
RB D. Roe
WR A. Moses
RB S. Romero
TEX RECEIVING
ATTRECYDSYPCYACTDLGDRP
WR T. McCleskey
RB D. Barno
WR K. Chandler
FB K. Cannady
WR D. Forsey
WR S. Baugh
ASU O-LINE
KRBPCKSAHLDFS
OG W. Mays
OT R. Harrison
C M. Kelly
OT D. Harper
TE E. Yoder
OG J. Wightkin
OT R. Douglas
TEX O-LINE
KRBPCKSAHLDFS
OG O. Washington
OT B. Nelsen
C J. Carpenter
TE J. Lewis
OG C. Williams
ASU FUMBLES
FUMLOSTRECYDS
RB D. Roe
WR A. Pierce
TEX FUMBLES
FUMLOSTRECYDS
ASU KICKING
FGLONGXPPTS
K D. Roundtree
4/4
1/1
TEX KICKING
FGLONGXPPTS
K B. Simmons
0/0
4/5
ASU PUNTING
NOAVGNETI-20TBLG
P B. Black
TEX PUNTING
NOAVGNETI-20TBLG
P A. Henry
ASU KICK RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONG
WR A. Pierce
RB S. Romero
TEX KICK RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONG
SS T. Tatum
ASU PUNT RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONGFC
WR A. Pierce
TEX PUNT RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONGFC
CB G. Wyche
ASU DEFENSE
T-ASCKSTFHURDPINTFFPD
OLB T. Ferguson
5-3
FS R. Wilder
5-0
SS B. Kelly
4-5
OLB K. Christiansen
4-1
DE T. LeFear
4-0
DT J. Rogers
3-0
ILB T. Huard
2-3
CB J. Favre
2-2
CB H. Shultz
2-0
SS J. Crockett
1-1
DT T. Bauer
1-0
SS J. Cooper
1-0
TEX DEFENSE
T-ASCKSTFHURDPINTFFPD
ILB E. Stegent
8-1
OLB D. Whisenhunt
6-1
FS T. Claridge
6-1
SS T. Tatum
6-0
OLB M. Gregory
5-2
DE R. Brubaker
4-1
DE T. McCutcheon
3-0
CB D. Larscheid
1-1
DT J. McNeal
1-1
SS W. Douglass
1-0
CB G. Wyche
0-1
Player of the Game
Drew Barno, Running Back
AT
Yards
TD
LNG
REC
Game Information
Attendance: 81,050
Temperature: 95
Weather: Light rain
[/code]

[b]Week 2 - #5 Texas(1-0) @ California[/b] - Horns by 12 We're loaded with morons this year, apparently. We spend half our points to academic hours.. so.. hopefully they can stay eligible, and there are some big names. This should be a good game. Definitely one we can't take with a grain of salt. We have one priority and that is to stop their stud RB Kane Dean. If we stop him we shouldn't have a problem winning this one. [b]1st Quarter[/b] It takes two plays for Cal to score to open up the game. 7-0 on the 82 yard touchdown pass play. Ouch! Forsey will get his first touchdown of the season a few possessions later to tie this game up at 7. The touchdown catch was for 37 yards. We get a shot at taking the lead but Simmons misses the easy peasy 34 yard field goal. Still 5 minutes left in the first quarter. Cal gets a shot to take the lead with a field goal and they do. 10-7 as we head into the second quarter. [b]2nd Quarter[/b] Cal gets another field goal to make it 13-7. Matthews fumbles it on the Cal 20-some yard line giving them the ball back after we were covering some nice ground. Now our defense needs to play some actual D. Our defense continues to suck as they allow another field goal with a few minutes left in the half. 16-7. That will be halftime as we continue to struggle against this decent Cal team. [b]3rd Quarter[/b] Simmons opens the half up with a nice 42 yard field goal make. 16-10. Cal gets those three points back in a hurry, 19-10 as they take a nine point lead once again. Barno makes it a three point game with a 1 yard touchdown run to capitalize the nice steady drive. Simmons makes it 19-17 with five to play in the third. [b]4th Quarter[/b] FS Claridge gets the fourth quarter rolling with a sweet interception deep in Cal territory. All we need is a field goal and we're in position, but we'll try for a touchdown first! After one first down and a big decision to go for it on 4th and 1, and by going for it we get a touchdown on that very play. A 19 yard touchdown pass to Forsey for his second TD of the day. 24-19. After a nice defensive stop we get the ball back again and Simmons nails the 33 yard field goal to give us a 27-19 lead. There's less than 5 minutes to play in this one. John McNeal comes up with a big sack to allow us to force a punt with jsut over three to play. The Bears will get one last shot with two minutes to go from mid field to tie this baby up. Here we go defense! More sacks, c'mon! With 39 seconds left to go, Cal capitalizes their quick drive with a 23 yard touchdown pass! :( 27-25 as we have to now hold them from getting the two point conversion. And they get it! Oh, my. We thought they'd run and they did and still got it. Damn. 27-27. Damn. Overtime we go. [b]OT[/b] We'll be on defense first.. I like it. But so does Cal as they get into the endzone in a quick three plays. Ouch. 34-27. We get a first down after a 4th and 5 play. Whew! Then on third and six we get into the endzone!!!!!! BUT IT'S CALLED BACK!!! Personal Foul! Fourth down now and 12 yards to go... We're sitting on the seventeen yard line.. Guhhh... And Largent(who came in for Johnson at the end of the fourth quarter) throws an incomplete pass to close out the overtime. DAMN.. There goes our perfect season :-D 1-1 we go. It's not the end of the world, but it definitely hurts us a little bit for now. If Cal can play well for the rest of the year that'll only help our SOS as we go down the stretch. [code] Texas: 27, California: 34
TEAM
1Q
2Q
3Q
4Q
OT
FINAL
Texas
(1-1)
California
(1-0)
Team Statistics
TEX
CAL
First Downs2024
   Rushing
   Passing
   Penalty
3rd-down Efficiency5-186-15
4th-down Efficiency3-30-1
Total Net Yards393457
   Total plays
   Average gain
Net Yards Rushing6165
   Rushes
   Average per rush
Net Yards Passing332392
   Completed-attempted
25-43
28-45
   Yards per pass
   Sacked-yards lost
1-2
5-26
   Had intercepted
Punts-average6-47.35-43.8
Return Yardage206164
   Punts-returns
2-38
5-57
   Kickoffs-returns
7-168
5-107
   Interceptions-returns
1-0
1-0
Penalties-yards4-2910-110
Fumbles-lost2-12-1
Touchdowns33
   Rushing
   Passing
Extra Points3-32-2
Field Goals2-34-4
Red Zone Efficiency3-5-60%5-7-71.4%
Time Of Possession30:2631:58
First Quarter
CAL
TD
14:15
7-0
Jerry Angulo 82 YD Pass from Kelvin Hart (Mack Jones Kick).
TEX
TD
09:42
7-7
Doug Forsey 37 YD Pass from Jeff Johnson (Bernie Simmons Kick).
CAL
FG
00:29
10-7
Mack Jones 33 YD
Second Quarter
CAL
FG
09:36
13-7
Mack Jones 33 YD
CAL
FG
02:31
16-7
Mack Jones 24 YD
Third Quarter
TEX
FG
11:32
16-10
Bernie Simmons 42 YD
CAL
FG
08:15
19-10
Mack Jones 36 YD
TEX
TD
05:36
19-17
Drew Barno 1 YD Run (Bernie Simmons Kick).
Fourth Quarter
TEX
TD
13:03
24-19
Doug Forsey 19 YD Pass from Jeff Johnson (Bernie Simmons Kick).
TEX
FG
05:12
27-19
Bernie Simmons 33 YD
CAL
TD
00:39
27-27
Jerry Angulo 23 YD Pass from Kelvin Hart (2 Pts - Kane Dean Run)
Overtime
CAL
TD
-
34-27
Jerry Angulo 8 YD Pass from Kelvin Hart (Mack Jones Kick).
TEX PASSING
CP/ATYDSTDINTLGSACK
QB J. Johnson
21/33
1-2
QB J. Largent
4/10
0-0
CAL PASSING
CP/ATYDSTDINTLGSACK
QB K. Hart
28/45
5-26
TEX RUSHING
ATT
YDS
YPC
TD
LG
RB D. Barno
RB D. Matthews
CAL RUSHING
ATT
YDS
YPC
TD
LG
RB K. Dean
RB J. Lawrence
WR J. Angulo
FB E. Quillan
QB K. Hart
TEX RECEIVING
ATTRECYDSYPCYACTDLGDRP
WR D. Forsey
WR T. McCleskey
WR K. Chandler
RB D. Barno
WR J. Craft
FB K. Cannady
WR S. Baugh
CAL RECEIVING
ATTRECYDSYPCYACTDLGDRP
WR J. Angulo
WR J. Jordan
FB E. Quillan
WR J. Pointer
TE A. Williams
RB K. Dean
TE L. Brock
TEX O-LINE
KRBPCKSAHLDFS
C J. Carpenter
OT L. Graham
OG O. Washington
OT B. Nelsen
OT M. Delhomme
OG P. Ringo
CAL O-LINE
KRBPCKSAHLDFS
C D. Brzezinski
TE A. Williams
OT J. Green
OT M. Easley
OG G. Adams
OG B. Wright
TE L. Brock
TEX FUMBLES
FUMLOSTRECYDS
RB D. Matthews
RB D. Barno
DE R. Brubaker
OT M. Delhomme
CAL FUMBLES
FUMLOSTRECYDS
WR J. Jordan
QB K. Hart
DE T. Evans
C D. Brzezinski
TEX KICKING
FGLONGXPPTS
K B. Simmons
2/3
3/3
CAL KICKING
FGLONGXPPTS
K M. Jones
4/4
2/2
TEX PUNTING
NOAVGNETI-20TBLG
P A. Henry
CAL PUNTING
NOAVGNETI-20TBLG
P H. Miller
TEX KICK RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONG
SS T. Tatum
CB G. Wyche
CAL KICK RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONG
WR J. Pointer
WR J. Angulo
TE A. Williams
TEX PUNT RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONGFC
CB G. Wyche
SS T. Tatum
CAL PUNT RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONGFC
WR J. Angulo
TEX DEFENSE
T-ASCKSTFHURDPINTFFPD
ILB E. Stegent
8-6
FS T. Claridge
7-3
SS T. Tatum
5-2
SS W. Douglass
4-1
DE T. McCutcheon
3-1
OLB M. Gregory
3-0
OLB D. Whisenhunt
2-2
DT J. McNeal
2-0
DT K. Minardi
1-0
DE R. Brubaker
1-0
CB A. Behrman
1-0
CB G. Wyche
0-0
CAL DEFENSE
T-ASCKSTFHURDPINTFFPD
ILB H. Hoerner
7-5
OLB R. Winkler
6-2
FS P. McElroy
5-3
FS K. Martin
3-0
DT D. Bedsole
2-3
OLB W. Johnson
2-1
CB M. Edwards
2-0
SS S. Lary
2-0
DE A. Verba
1-1
ILB M. Kittner
1-0
CB E. Talbert
1-0
DE T. Evans
1-0
CB W. Strock
0-3
SS C. Bratkowski
0-0
Player of the Game
Jerry Angulo, Wide Receiver
Rec
Yards
YAC
TD
LNG
Game Information
Attendance: 72,509
Temperature: 75
Weather: Sunny and clear
[/code]

[b]Week 3 - #7 Texas(1-1) @ #9 Texas Tech(2-1)[/b] - TT by 5 After falling to a lower level team in Buffalo, Tech now has to face a team that's a lot better.. us! This should be a good game all around. Good defense at times but also good offense. This game also gets the conference games underway as we've got lots of big games this week. #4 Nebraska hosts a solid Mizzou team. A&M and Ok State face off as both are 3-0. [b]1st Quarter[/b] A great opening drive for us as Johnson hits RB Matthews for the touchdown to get us to a quick 7-0 lead. Some nice running by Barno allowed for us to get that far. We get a shot at getting three through the leg of Simmons but he comes up short on the 44 yard try. Ah, hell. That pretty much takes us into the second quarter. [b]2nd Quarter[/b] Wow! Barno breaks a tackle that including trying to pull him down by his facemask but he gets by 'em all for a 71 yard touchdown run! This guy has the ability to break open any single play open for a long run. 14-0. The Red Raiders answer back quickly with a touchdown. 14-7 midway through the second. Simmons comes through this time with a 37 yard field goal as we answer the TT touchdown with a FG. 17-7. After holding TT to a punt with less than two minutes to play, we get another shot at some points. The drive ends with a 28 yard field goal try by Simmons, and he made it to make it 20-7. We were cruising on that last drive. Lots of nice 20 yard gains by our big boys. [b]3rd Quarter[/b] We hold Tech to three points as they get all the way down to our 2 yard line. 20-10. We play a defensive battle for most of the third quarter until as the clock ran out Barno got into the endzone to make it 27-10 as we head into the fourth quarter with a comfortable lead. [b]4th Quarter[/b] With under 10 minutes to play TT makes up some points by nailing a field goal to pull within two scores again. 27-13. Ouch as Tech gets a touchdown thanks to a defensive breakdown by our secondary...as usual it is them. The Raiders get a 45 yard touchdown pass and catch with three minutes to play in the game. 27-20. We start the drive on our 45 yard line, so all we need to do is get a first down and a punt and it should be over. Not only do we get a first down we close out the game with the ball!!! We win our conference opener against a good defensive Tech team. We move to 2-1 before we move into the TOUGH TOUGH conference games. A great first half from Johnson was all we needed through the air for the game. Barno handled the rest of it well enough for us to win this one. [code] Texas: 27, Texas Tech: 20
TEAM
1Q
2Q
3Q
4Q
OT
FINAL
Texas
(2-1)
Texas Tech
(2-2)
Team Statistics
TEX
TT
First Downs1918
   Rushing
   Passing
   Penalty
3rd-down Efficiency9-186-13
4th-down Efficiency0-00-1
Total Net Yards384362
   Total plays
   Average gain
Net Yards Rushing106144
   Rushes
   Average per rush
Net Yards Passing278218
   Completed-attempted
22-31
15-28
   Yards per pass
   Sacked-yards lost
3-18
2-10
   Had intercepted
Punts-average4-425-43.2
Return Yardage276117
   Punts-returns
3-54
2-13
   Kickoffs-returns
5-193
5-104
   Interceptions-returns
2-29
0-0
Penalties-yards9-778-64
Fumbles-lost0-00-0
Touchdowns32
   Rushing
   Passing
Extra Points3-32-2
Field Goals2-32-2
Red Zone Efficiency4-4-100%3-3-100%
Time Of Possession33:0526:55
First Quarter
TEX
TD
09:55
7-0
David Matthews 3 YD Pass from Jeff Johnson (Bernie Simmons Kick).
Second Quarter
TEX
TD
12:45
14-0
Drew Barno 71 YD Run (Bernie Simmons Kick).
TT
TD
09:09
14-7
Noland Rone 1 YD Run (Walt Izzo Kick).
TEX
FG
04:27
17-7
Bernie Simmons 37 YD
TEX
FG
00:00
20-7
Bernie Simmons 28 YD
Third Quarter
TT
FG
09:23
20-10
Walt Izzo 20 YD
TEX
TD
00:00
27-10
Drew Barno 1 YD Run (Bernie Simmons Kick).
Fourth Quarter
TT
FG
09:54
27-13
Walt Izzo 43 YD
TT
TD
02:38
27-20
Noland Rone 45 YD Pass from Stew McCullough (Walt Izzo Kick).
TEX PASSING
CP/ATYDSTDINTLGSACK
QB J. Johnson
22/31
3-18
TT PASSING
CP/ATYDSTDINTLGSACK
QB S. McCullough
15/28
2-10
TEX RUSHING
ATT
YDS
YPC
TD
LG
RB D. Barno
RB D. Matthews
TT RUSHING
ATT
YDS
YPC
TD
LG
RB D. Burruss
FB G. Brodie
WR N. Rone
TEX RECEIVING
ATTRECYDSYPCYACTDLGDRP
WR D. Forsey
WR K. Chandler
WR T. McCleskey
RB D. Barno
WR S. Baugh
TE J. Lewis
RB D. Matthews
TT RECEIVING
ATTRECYDSYPCYACTDLGDRP
WR C. Sullivan
WR N. Rone
WR E. Laing
WR D. Flick
RB D. Burruss
RB M. Green
WR M. Hymes
TEX O-LINE
KRBPCKSAHLDFS
C J. Carpenter
FB K. Cannady
OG O. Washington
OT L. Graham
TE J. Lewis
OT M. Delhomme
TT O-LINE
KRBPCKSAHLDFS
OT L. Klingler
OG A. Delhomme
OT R. Moore
ILB B. Wagner
C D. Redden
OG J. Favors
TEX FUMBLES
FUMLOSTRECYDS
TT FUMBLES
FUMLOSTRECYDS
TEX KICKING
FGLONGXPPTS
K B. Simmons
2/3
3/3
TT KICKING
FGLONGXPPTS
K W. Izzo
2/2
2/2
TEX PUNTING
NOAVGNETI-20TBLG
P A. Henry
TT PUNTING
NOAVGNETI-20TBLG
P K. Wells
TEX KICK RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONG
SS T. Tatum
OLB C. Stroud
TT KICK RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONG
WR D. Flick
CB R. Martin
TEX PUNT RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONGFC
CB G. Wyche
TT PUNT RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONGFC
WR D. Flick
TEX DEFENSE
T-ASCKSTFHURDPINTFFPD
ILB E. Stegent
8-1
FS T. Claridge
5-2
OLB M. Gregory
5-2
SS T. Tatum
2-4
OLB D. Whisenhunt
2-3
SS W. Douglass
1-1
DE D. Newell
1-0
DT E. Nagler
1-0
DT J. McNeal
1-0
DE R. Brubaker
0-1
CB A. Behrman
0-1
CB G. Wyche
0-0
TT DEFENSE
T-ASCKSTFHURDPINTFFPD
ILB R. Wonsley
10-2
DE P. Henry
8-1
SS B. Apple
6-3
FS H. Hynoski
5-3
OLB T. Mialik
3-2
CB S. Finney
3-2
DT L. VanNote
3-0
DE E. Havrilak
2-0
CB S. McMahon
1-2
OLB S. Winder
1-0
ILB R. Thomas
1-0
CB E. Herndon
0-0
Player of the Game
Preston Henry, Defensive End
TAK
SCK
HUR
STF
FF
Game Information
Attendance: 47,763
Temperature: 75
Weather: Slightly overcast
[/code]

[code]
Big 12 Standings
North Division
TEAMW-LCONF W-LPFPA
Nebraska3-11-013569
Colorado2-00-06532
Iowa State2-10-18554
Kansas3-10-19190
Missouri3-10-112984
Kansas State3-10-115587
South Division
TEAMW-LCONF W-LPFPA
Texas2-11-08873
Oklahoma State4-01-015672
Texas A&M4-01-09542
Baylor2-21-0131133
Oklahoma3-00-010531
Texas Tech2-20-112595
[/code] [b]Week 5 - #8 Texas (2-1) @ #9 Kansas State(3-1)[/b] - KSU by 5 Another big big game for us as we face a stellar KSU team. We beat them in the conference championship game last season. We've got KSU this week, OU next week and we top it off with Nebraska after that! Toughest stretch of games in the country, I might say. We'll need to stop the very potent offense of KSU. They've got a great QB, great RB, and some great receivers. They match very evenly with us, and I think we're very talented, as you may have heard me say a few times. :) [b]1st Quarter[/b] The opening drive for KSU showed why we're so nervous about KSU's offense. Well, for the most part of their offense, our defense helped out big time with three penalties for 24 yards total, allowing KSU to get a touchdown. 7-0 early on. We open up our drive with a silly unecessary roughness penalty which pushed us too far back to get anything going. Great, great start. Our inability to stop them on 3rd and long allowed them to get some more points, three of them on a 28 yard field goal. 10-0. We get a great drive from Barno and Matthews, but mostly Barno.. 32 yards on the ground from him on that drive that set us up with a play action pass to Chandler for the 29 yard touchdown pass! 10-7! Our next drive is going very smoothly as Barno gets some more yards and Johnson is making some key passes... but it's all for naught as McCleskey fumbles it on the 22 yard line of KSU and they picked it up and ran it back 78 yards for the touchdown!! OUCH! 17-7. That's pretty much the end of the first quarter. Damn it. [b]2nd Quarter[/b] 3rd and 14 turns into a 25 yard touchdown pass for KSU as they extend their lead to 24-7 with plenty of time left in the half. We're nowhere near out of this game, but if we can't turn our fortunes around anytime soon, it will be over. Our defense makes about their third stop of the day as we get the ball back with over five minutes to go in the half. We really need a score here before halftime. But a 67 yard punt will make that difficult as we start on our own 9 yard line after thinking we'd get good field position. Instead, KSU will probably get good field position with plenty of time left as we punt it away... 64 yard punt as Henry helps us out big with that booming punt. Just when it seemed like it was going to be over, our defense makes a big stop on our own 2 yard line forcing KSU to kick a field goal and that got blocked, giving us the ball back on the 20 yard line with 30 seconds left in the half. Not enough time to do much... but we'll try. We don't do much, but gain a few yards on the ground as we head into halftime. 24-7 as we trail. We'll need JOhnson to step it up big for us in the second half if we want to win this one. Barno is doing his job... [b]3rd Quarter[/b] We really need a touchdown as we open up the half with the ball. We get plenty going but we turn it over on downs as we can't come up with the first down on the 31 yard line. Big bummer there. KSU continues to run plenty of time off the clock as we don't get the ball back until eight minutes to play in the third quarter. But all we need is one play to get into the endzone.. Johnson connected with McCleskey on a quick out route that ended up turning into an 81 yard explosion! Touchdown! 24-14 as we quickly get back into this game. We get a mini drive going until it stalls near midfield. We nearly went for it on fourth down, but we decided to give Henry a shot to put them in a tight spot. He doesn't do a whole lot with it, but KSU will start their drive on the 14 yard line. Our defense comes up with a nice three and out as we get the ball back at the end of the third quarter. [b]4th Quarter[/b] Ooh no. Johnson air-mailed one into the hands of the defenders and they took it to the house for the second time today. 14 points by the KSU defense and this one pretty much puts us away! Dammmmn. 31-14. Our offense comes out strong again but it's Largent who throws it over the head of his receiver for the second time resulting in our third turnover of the day. THAT will be the end of the game as we can't capitalize on a redzone oppurtunity. With 7 to play, McCleskey catches his second touchdown pass of the afternoon after our defense came up with a quick interception after our own. Barely alive now. We need quick stops the rest of the way. 31-21. We come up short as our offense couldn't muster anymore offense. 31-21 as KSU gets their revenge and we move to 2-2 on the year. NOT COOL. Such a disappointment. [code] Texas: 21, Kansas State: 31
TEAM
1Q
2Q
3Q
4Q
OT
FINAL
Texas
(2-2)
Kansas State
(4-1)
Team Statistics
TEX
KSU
First Downs2220
   Rushing
   Passing
   Penalty
3rd-down Efficiency5-157-19
4th-down Efficiency0-00-2
Total Net Yards400356
   Total plays
   Average gain
Net Yards Rushing85149
   Rushes
   Average per rush
Net Yards Passing315207
   Completed-attempted
18-44
14-26
   Yards per pass
   Sacked-yards lost
4-35
2-12
   Had intercepted
Punts-average7-47.97-44.1
Return Yardage82186
   Punts-returns
0-0
3-20
   Kickoffs-returns
3-59
4-95
   Interceptions-returns
1-23
2-71
Penalties-yards8-744-25
Fumbles-lost2-11-0
Touchdowns33
   Rushing
   Passing
Extra Points3-34-4
Field Goals0-01-3
Red Zone Efficiency1-2-50%2-5-40%
Time Of Possession30:0130:11
First Quarter
KSU
TD
12:18
7-0
Darryl Grbac 2 YD Run (Stacey Bailey Kick).
KSU
FG
06:45
10-0
Stacey Bailey 28 YD
TEX
TD
03:54
10-7
Kenyatta Chandler 29 YD Pass from Jeff Johnson (Bernie Simmons Kick).
KSU
TD
00:26
17-7
78 YD Fumble Return by Joe Bernard (Stacey Bailey Kick).
Second Quarter
KSU
TD
09:24
24-7
Stacey Payne 25 YD Pass from Roell Taylor (Stacey Bailey Kick).
Third Quarter
TEX
TD
07:26
24-14
Tom McCleskey 81 YD Pass from Jeff Johnson (Bernie Simmons Kick).
Fourth Quarter
KSU
TD
13:29
31-14
71 YD Int Return by Ken Boutwell (Stacey Bailey Kick).
TEX
TD
07:08
31-21
Tom McCleskey 6 YD Pass from Jeremy Largent (Bernie Simmons Kick).
TEX PASSING
CP/ATYDSTDINTLGSACK
QB J. Johnson
16/36
2-13
QB J. Largent
2/8
2-22
KSU PASSING
CP/ATYDSTDINTLGSACK
QB R. Taylor
14/26
2-12
TEX RUSHING
ATT
YDS
YPC
TD
LG
RB D. Barno
RB D. Matthews
KSU RUSHING
ATT
YDS
YPC
TD
LG
RB S. Gardner
RB S. Davenport
RB T. Burns
QB R. Taylor
FB D. Grbac
TEX RECEIVING
ATTRECYDSYPCYACTDLGDRP
WR T. McCleskey
WR K. Chandler
WR D. Forsey
RB D. Barno
RB D. Matthews
TE J. Lewis
KSU RECEIVING
ATTRECYDSYPCYACTDLGDRP
TE G. Love
WR J. Vick
WR B. Ismail
WR W. Baker
WR S. Payne
RB S. Davenport
TEX O-LINE
KRBPCKSAHLDFS
OG O. Washington
C J. Carpenter
OG C. Williams
OT L. Graham
OT M. Delhomme
KSU O-LINE
KRBPCKSAHLDFS
OG B. McWilliams
OG T. Dominguez
OT J. Brown
TE G. Love
C D. Forney
TEX FUMBLES
FUMLOSTRECYDS
WR T. McCleskey
WR D. Forsey
OT M. Delhomme
KSU FUMBLES
FUMLOSTRECYDS
RB S. Davenport
FS J. Bernard
WR W. Baker
TEX KICKING
FGLONGXPPTS
K B. Simmons
0/0
3/3
KSU KICKING
FGLONGXPPTS
K S. Bailey
1/3
4/4
TEX PUNTING
NOAVGNETI-20TBLG
P A. Henry
KSU PUNTING
NOAVGNETI-20TBLG
P M. Redd
TEX KICK RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONG
SS T. Tatum
CB G. Wyche
KSU KICK RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONG
SS C. Vines
TEX PUNT RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONGFC
KSU PUNT RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONGFC
SS C. Vines
TEX DEFENSE
T-ASCKSTFHURDPINTFFPD
SS T. Tatum
8-2
FS T. Claridge
7-1
ILB E. Stegent
6-3
SS W. Douglass
4-2
OLB M. Gregory
4-2
CB G. Wyche
4-0
DE T. McCutcheon
3-1
OLB D. Whisenhunt
3-1
DT J. McNeal
1-1
CB A. Behrman
1-1
DE R. Brubaker
1-0
KSU DEFENSE
T-ASCKSTFHURDPINTFFPD
SS K. Boutwell
6-2
ILB R. Parker
6-0
OLB A. Weiner
5-0
SS C. Vines
5-0
DT C. Rivers
4-0
FS J. Bernard
3-1
ILB C. Mathis
1-1
CB C. Burton
1-1
DT L. Ferguson
1-0
CB T. Penright
1-0
DE E. Sievers
1-0
CB D. Middleton
0-0
FS R. McCaffrey
0-0
Player of the Game
Tom McCleskey, Wide Receiver
Rec
Yards
YAC
TD
LNG
Game Information
Attendance: 52,500
Temperature: 62
[/code]

[b]Week 6 - #2 Oklahoma(4-0) @ #11 Texas(2-2)[/b] -Sooners by 8 This will make or break our season. We could still do okay overall if we lose, but we want to repeat our Big 12 Championship.. In order to just that, we'll need to upset Oklahoma again. This is going to be a crazy offensive battle. Oklahoma has one of the best offenses in the country and I don't think we're all that bad either... just a little behind the likes of OU. This is going to be an instant classic, folks! 81,000+ have shown up for the game. [b]1st Quarter[/b] We go three and out to open up the game and Oklahoma comes bursting through with some nice runs and they'll toss one up for grabs near the endzone.... PICKED OFF! CB Wyche brings it down on the 2 yard line and he breaks down the field and will score, untouched!!!! 7-0! Most definitely an instant classic coming up, folks! A 98 yard kickoff returned to the 4 yard line allows Oklahoma to tie the game up quite quickly. 7-7. We get a strong offensive series together and move all the way to the 8 yard line where we have to settle for a field goal as we got nothing going. 10-7. A 3rd and 17 is converted for the Sooners, not just converted but a big gain of 49 moves them into our territory. Damn. That would have been huge. A huge play happened a few plays later as Oklahoma fumbles and we recover it near our 20 yard line. 1st down as we head into the second quarter. [b]2nd Quarter[/b] Oklahoma gets their drive to extend as they convert another third down to move into our side of the field once again. But our defense comes up with a few stops forcing the Sooners to kick a 51 yard field goal, which they make to tie it up at 10! Dang. We get to midfield and punt it 53 yard to the 3 yard line of OU and that's where they'll start with lots of time left in the second quarter. Oklahoma continues their success on third and long as they get a first down and touchdown on 3rd and 10... a 77 yard touchdown pass... :( Sucky defense. 17-10 as Oklahoma takes the lead. We work with a short field and get three points through the leg of Simmons who makes it 17-13 with under six to play in the half. Another misfortune for Oklahoma as they fumble it on the kick return! Our ball in the redzone already... here we go! A nice gain that would have brought us to the 3 yard line is called back due to an offensive pass interference penalty.... we get 21 yards back but come up short on third down and will be forced to kick a field goal yet again. Simmons kick will be short from 35 yards out.. looks like the sack cost us. Our defense continues to get manhandled by this awesome Oklahoma offense. QB Scales for Oklahoma already has nearly 300 yards passing on our piss poor defense.... sheesh. He makes it 24-13 with under two minutes to play in the half. We try to get something going and we do, but we eventually stall on the right side of the 50.. Ah, well. Halftime it is. 24-13. Our defense will really need to step up in the second half. [b]3rd Quarter[/b] Our defense comes up big twice in a row deep in Oklahoma territory, forcing them to punt twice... the first time around we made a risk on the 22 yard line, not trusting Simmons' leg we went for it and came up short. The second punt, Wyche returned it 68 yards for the touchdown!! 24-20 as this classic continues. The defense will get credit for that. The 5-2 is causing all sorts of problems for this OU team. The defense comes up with their third three and out in a row, but good field position from the get-go allowed them to punt it 54 yards to our ONE yard line! Ouch. We get out of the tight spot on second down as Johnson hit Barno for a first down on a 10 yard gain. Whew! On the next play, McCleskey pulled one in from Johnson and broke free from the would-be tacklers and took it 59 yards for another first down! We get to the 23 yard line and face a 4th and 3. Last time we were somewhat in this situation, I didn't trust Simmons to come up with the field goal from this far out.. we'll let him try it from 41, and good thing we did as he knocked it in to make it 24-23 in this battle royale. 5 to play in the third. The defense continues to play like they've been inspired to prove something... another three and out and we'll start our next drive on the 42 yard line on our side. Forsey continues his stellar game as we convert the 3rd and 5 near midfield. Forsey pulled in a pass from Johnson and ran it 34 yards before he was tackled on the 21 yard line.. First down! Next its McCleskey who pulls in an 11 yard pass to make it 1st and Goal on the four yard line! I think it's Barno time! But it turns out, it's not... we get stuffed on two runs and are forced to pass it from the six yard line on third down. We pass it and get a completion for FIVE yards to make it 4th and Goal on the 1! NOW IT'S BARNO TIME!! C'MON BABY!! FORCE IT IN! Barno takes the handoff and he'll follow his now-depleted offensive line who's missing two starters for the touchdown!! Two point conversion is good on the quick slants! 31-23 as we head into the fourth quarter! [b]4th Quarter[/b] Our defense doesn't get a three and out but they hold them to only one first down and our offense will have their hands full again as we start on the 2 yard line! We start off well, but an Illegal Crackback Block pretty much ends whatever we had going and OU will have great field position on our 41 yard line after a nice return. 11 minutes to play in the game still. Oklahoma won't risk the 51 yard field goal this time around as they go for it on 4th and 2 on the 33 yard line... they run a screen and convert the first down. That would have been a huge stop. Oklahoma's 12th penalty will push them back to the 33 yard line where they'll face 3rd and 15.. they get a 1 yard gain on a pass play and will be forced to kick a 50 yarder! They make it again! 31-27, lots of game left. Tatum takes the return 86 yards into the redzone of Oklahoma, and that's where we'll begin our drive! We need a field goal at least, a touchdown would be disastrous for OU. Ugh. A first down is called back due to an ineligible receiver! Penalties galore today on both teams. 12 for OU, 8 for us for nearly more yards than OU. It'll be 3rd and 11 now. We gain four yards and will have to kick a field goal from 31 yards out. Shouldn't be a problem from Simmons...and it isn't as we make it a seven point game again. 34-27. Under six minutes left after the kickoff. Our defense comes up huge again in the second half as they get another three and out on the OU offense who seemed impossible to stop in the first half. This 5-2 defense really works! Ooh, no! Forsey tried creating some more yards to get the first down on the third down situation and it resulted in him getting drilled, jarring the ball loose. OU ball as they recover on our 20 yard line. Ouch. They get a first down and move themselves to the 3 yard line where they get stuffed on a run then throw an incomplete pass from the five yard. OU faces a HUGE third down play. 3rd and Goal on the 5 yard line. The snap.. the QB dodgers a defender, rolls out to the right, dodgers another rushing Longhorn and he finally gets a throw off and it's complete in the endzone touchdown Oklahoma...wait, there's a flag! Passer Beyond the line of scrimmage! 5 yards and a loss of down! 4th and Goal! OU forced to bring out the kicking unit with just over two minutes to play in the game and they make the 28 yarder to make it 34-30! WOW! What a crazy moment that was. OU is forced to kick an onside kick and they don't get it, leaving us with under two minutes to run out the clock through the legs of Barno who's got over 100 yards on the day. Runs of 4, 7, and 10 by Barno closes out the game as we come up with the huge upset at home!!!!!!!! 34-30, final score! What an excellent game all around. Our defense was horrible, but great at the same time! An interception returned for a touchdown. A big punt return by the same player. Some huge sacks. Didn't even allow 100 yards in the second half after the pourous first half. Great game! Great, I tell ya. Three huge, huge, huge sacks for Nagler who stepped up big when we moved into the 5-2 defense. The win gets us lots of love in the human polls. #5 and #6. Nice. But the GDCS polls aren't convinced yet. Maybe a win against Nebraska will get us some more love. The Big 12 is so crazy good it seems, almost everyone is in the top 25 now. [code] Oklahoma: 30, Texas: 34
TEAM
1Q
2Q
3Q
4Q
OT
FINAL
Oklahoma
(4-1)
Texas
(3-2)
Team Statistics
OKL
TEX
First Downs1416
   Rushing
   Passing
   Penalty
3rd-down Efficiency4-153-17
4th-down Efficiency1-32-2
Total Net Yards402354
   Total plays
   Average gain
Net Yards Rushing7797
   Rushes
   Average per rush
Net Yards Passing325257
   Completed-attempted
16-30
20-37
   Yards per pass
   Sacked-yards lost
4-19
4-27
   Had intercepted
Punts-average6-45.35-47.8
Return Yardage330426
   Punts-returns
4-59
3-102
   Kickoffs-returns
8-271
5-226
   Interceptions-returns
0-0
1-98
Penalties-yards13-908-78
Fumbles-lost3-21-1
Touchdowns33
   Rushing
   Passing
Extra Points3-32-2
Field Goals3-44-5
Red Zone Efficiency2-2-100%4-5-80%
Time Of Possession25:3234:28
First Quarter
TEX
TD
12:08
7-0
98 YD Int Return by Greg Wyche (Bernie Simmons Kick).
OKL
TD
11:12
7-7
Randy Thomason 3 YD Run (Marty Livingston Kick).
TEX
FG
05:34
10-7
Bernie Simmons 26 YD
Second Quarter
OKL
FG
12:11
10-10
Marty Livingston 51 YD
OKL
TD
08:47
17-10
Darrell Smith 77 YD Pass from Jesse Scales (Marty Livingston Kick).
TEX
FG
05:45
17-13
Bernie Simmons 35 YD
OKL
TD
01:50
24-13
Wayne Martin 41 YD Pass from Jesse Scales (Marty Livingston Kick).
Third Quarter
TEX
TD
10:03
24-20
60 YD Punt Return by Greg Wyche (Bernie Simmons Kick).
TEX
FG
05:46
24-23
Bernie Simmons 41 YD
TEX
TD
01:01
31-24
Drew Barno 1 YD Run (2 Pts - Kenyatta Chandler Pass from Jeff Johnson)
Fourth Quarter
OKL
FG
08:24
31-27
Marty Livingston 50 YD
TEX
FG
06:23
34-27
Bernie Simmons 31 YD
OKL
FG
01:51
34-30
Marty Livingston 28 YD
OKL PASSING
CP/ATYDSTDINTLGSACK
QB J. Scales
16/30
4-19
TEX PASSING
CP/ATYDSTDINTLGSACK
QB J. Johnson
20/37
4-27
OKL RUSHING
ATT
YDS
YPC
TD
LG
RB M. Staroba
RB R. Thomason
WR D. Smith
QB J. Scales
WR W. Martin
TEX RUSHING
ATT
YDS
YPC
TD
LG
RB D. Barno
RB D. Matthews
QB J. Johnson
OKL RECEIVING
ATTRECYDSYPCYACTDLGDRP
WR D. Smith
WR W. Martin
TE B. Offord
WR B. Smith
RB M. Staroba
TEX RECEIVING
ATTRECYDSYPCYACTDLGDRP
WR T. McCleskey
WR D. Forsey
WR K. Chandler
TE J. Lewis
RB D. Barno
FB K. Cannady
WR S. Baugh
RB D. Matthews
OKL O-LINE
KRBPCKSAHLDFS
C P. Quinn
OG C. Johnson
OT M. Bostic
OG B. Olford
OT J. Dove
TEX O-LINE
KRBPCKSAHLDFS
OG O. Washington
OT B. Nelsen
OT L. Graham
C J. Carpenter
TE J. Lewis
OKL FUMBLES
FUMLOSTRECYDS
WR T. Mitrione
WR D. Smith
RB R. Thomason
DE J. Peete
OG B. Olford
TEX FUMBLES
FUMLOSTRECYDS
WR D. Forsey
DT J. McNeal
OT M. Delhomme
OKL KICKING
FGLONGXPPTS
K M. Livingston
3/4
3/3
TEX KICKING
FGLONGXPPTS
K B. Simmons
4/5
2/2
OKL PUNTING
NOAVGNETI-20TBLG
P F. Smith
TEX PUNTING
NOAVGNETI-20TBLG
P A. Henry
OKL KICK RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONG
CB J. Parker
WR T. Mitrione
SS B. Farmer
TEX KICK RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONG
SS T. Tatum
OKL PUNT RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONGFC
WR T. Mitrione
TEX PUNT RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONGFC
CB G. Wyche
OKL DEFENSE
T-ASCKSTFHURDPINTFFPD
FS J. Droughns
7-2
ILB J. Davis
6-3
SS R. Finlen
6-1
OLB B. Schonert
5-2
OLB R. Warren
4-5
FS C. Thompson
2-1
CB D. Mercein
2-1
CB D. Spragan
2-1
DT D. Toefield
2-0
ILB S. Krause
1-1
DE T. Stewart
1-1
CB O. Prebola
1-1
DE S. Willis
1-0
DT C. Woodson
0-1
TEX DEFENSE
T-ASCKSTFHURDPINTFFPD
SS T. Tatum
9-2
OLB M. Gregory
4-1
DT E. Nagler
4-0
FS T. Claridge
3-2
ILB E. Stegent
2-3
DE R. Brubaker
2-0
SS W. Douglass
1-1
OLB D. Whisenhunt
1-0
OT M. Delhomme
1-0
CB G. Wyche
0-2
DT G. Hawkins
0-2
CB A. Behrman
0-1
Player of the Game
Terry Tatum, Strong Safety
TAK
SCK
INT
PD
TD
Game Information
Temperature: 86
[/code]

[b]GDCS Top 25 Notes[/b] Both OSU teams are the only ones that haven't lost yet. Other no loss teams include: VT, Tenn, Cal, Clemson, Auburn. All those teams arne't getting a lot of love in the GDCS. The weight factor of the Big 12 is really kicking in. Our prestiges are so high compared to everyone else. 1. Oklahoma State 2. Oklahoma 3. USC 4. KSU 5. Oregon State 12. Texas [code]
Big 12 Standings
North Division
TEAMW-LCONF W-LPFPA
Kansas State5-12-1215120
Nebraska4-22-1186123
Colorado3-11-112789
Missouri4-21-2178136
Iowa State3-21-2143102
Kansas3-30-3132160
South Division
TEAMW-LCONF W-LPFPA
Oklahoma State6-03-0213108
Texas A&M5-12-115875
Texas3-22-1143134
Oklahoma4-11-116684
Texas Tech3-31-2171143
Baylor2-41-2149209
[/code]

[b]Week 7 - #6 Nebraska(4-2) @ #5 Texas (3-2)[/b] - Huskers by 1 in this one. We've just come off a GREAT win against Oklahoma, which put us in second place behind Oklahoma State who has yet to lose this year...but of course, they haven't played us, and that doesn't come for a few more weeks. Nebraska's offense isn't as well-rounded as the Oklahoma team's, but they definitely have a better running back. Our defensive line and linebackers will have their hands full with him. The linebackers will be especially busy since there are three injuries on the DL, none of which are too serious, but could turn serious. We'll need our defense to step up all game like they did in the second half against OU. Let's do it! [b]1st Quarter[/b] For some reason Nebraska opened up the game with three straight passes, the first two being incomplete passes and the third resulting in a screen play that ended with the great running back fumbling it into our hands(wow, long sentence). 1st and 10 our ball deep in Nebraska territory! yeehaw. We get all the way down to the six yard line where we get held and we're forced to kick a field goal. And Simmons misses it, wide right. What a jerk. Pansy. Oh, wait. Offsides, on the defense! Wow. What a turn of events. 4th and Goal now on the three.... Simmons comes out and I put Johnson back in! We run a quick slant play and it works out as Johnson hits Chandler in the endzone for the touchdown! 7-0. Thanks for missing that field goal, Jerk Simmons. At least he made the EP. Barno opens up the next drive with a nice run that looked like it was going to be a touchdown, but instead it was an impressive 17 yard run. On the next play he outran the defense this time and was able to take it to the house for a 68 yard touchdown run! WOW! 14-0! Despite not having any problems so far, we move to the 5-2 defense for a while and it pays off as we get the ball back quickly on the three and out. Nebraska finally gets on the board with a field goal after our defense stepped it up big after the nice punt return to our 35 yard line. 14-3. [b]2nd Quarter[/b] Barno comes up with another homerun. He took a pitch to the outside and got a few nice blocks and cut back to the middle... all untouched and he goes 76 yards for the touchdown. 21-3 as we continue the route of Nebraska. Nebraska answers back with a 44 yard field goal. Thanks to a 5 yard sack, we were able to force them to a FG. 21-6 with over seven to play in the half. Barno looked to continue his absolute studliness, and he did for a while until we go tot midfield where he fumbled it after getting drilled. He's almost got 200 yards on the ground already. But that mistake may allow Nebraska to get back into this one. The defense continues to do their job real well as they hold Nebraska to their third field goal. 21-9 with less than two minutes to go in the half. A 15-yard penalty and a nice return puts us on the 28 yard line of Nebraska with plenty of time to go! We'll need just one play as Johnson hits his TE, Lewis, for the touchdown. 28-9. That will be the score as we head into halftime. Great half by Barno. If he can do it one more time as we start the second half, we'll be benching him for the rest of the game unless of course Nebraska comes back. [b]3rd quarter[/b] Rut roh for the Husker d... Barno barely gets caught as he exploded to the outside before finally being taken down after a gain of 28. He's over 200 yards on the day now, with 223 yards on 19 carries. The next play he did the same thing, he took the handoff up the middle and took it 20 more yards! Wow, he's a beast! Great time to be coming on. Barno's job isn't finished yet as we only settle for three thanks to Simmons. 31-9 as we open up the half with a nice drive. Nebraska opened up their drive with a nice pass play that nearly resulted in a touchdown until Tatum caught him, forcing a fumble, Tatum then picked it up and ran it 59 yards all the way down to the 5 yard line, giving us a shot to put it away for good! Wow! Agh. A touchdown is called back due to an ineligible receiver and we have to settle for three. 34-9 now. [b]4th Quarter[/b] Our defense continues to play well as we head into the fourth qaurter. This one seems to be over. Nebraska gets another field goal with a few minutes to go. And to make matters MUCH worse, they get the onside kick. 34-12, three minutes to go.(I was being sarcastic, by the way about our matters). Nebraska getting their yards now... they get a touchdown, but no two point conversion, to make it 34-18....and they get the onside kick again. But it's over one play later as we pick it off. Good game, guys. Barno finishes with nearly 250 yards. He got one carry in the last 20 minutes of the game. Great all around game, until the end where Nebraska got some gimme yards there. We move to 4-2 overall, 3-1 in conference play as we finally face an easier foe, but that doesn't mean we'll win. In two more weeks after that we'll fight for first place, assuming we don't lose the next two games. Oklahoma State squeaked out a win against an average Baylor team, but they hold onto first place anyhow, and the #1 spot in the country. [code] Nebraska: 18, Texas: 34
TEAM
1Q
2Q
3Q
4Q
OT
FINAL
Nebraska
(4-3)
Texas
(4-2)
Team Statistics
NEB
TEX
First Downs1817
   Rushing
   Passing
   Penalty
3rd-down Efficiency8-196-15
4th-down Efficiency1-21-1
Total Net Yards358378
   Total plays
   Average gain
Net Yards Rushing152264
   Rushes
   Average per rush
Net Yards Passing206114
   Completed-attempted
14-34
12-17
   Yards per pass
   Sacked-yards lost
3-8
1-6
   Had intercepted
Punts-average5-364-40.2
Return Yardage17362
   Punts-returns
1-35
1-2
   Kickoffs-returns
6-138
2-54
   Interceptions-returns
0-0
1-6
Penalties-yards5-375-25
Fumbles-lost2-22-1
Touchdowns14
   Rushing
   Passing
Extra Points0-04-4
Field Goals4-42-2
Red Zone Efficiency3-3-100%3-3-100%
Time Of Possession32:1327:47
First Quarter
TEX
TD
11:14
7-0
Kenyatta Chandler 3 YD Pass from Jeff Johnson (Bernie Simmons Kick).
TEX
TD
08:38
14-0
Drew Barno 68 YD Run (Bernie Simmons Kick).
NEB
FG
01:38
14-3
Arland Askew 34 YD
Second Quarter
TEX
TD
12:03
21-3
Drew Barno 76 YD Run (Bernie Simmons Kick).
NEB
FG
07:51
21-6
Arland Askew 44 YD
NEB
FG
01:52
21-9
Arland Askew 42 YD
TEX
TD
01:31
28-9
J.R. Lewis 28 YD Pass from Jeff Johnson (Bernie Simmons Kick).
Third Quarter
TEX
FG
10:09
31-9
Bernie Simmons 36 YD
TEX
FG
07:55
34-9
Bernie Simmons 26 YD
Fourth Quarter
NEB
FG
03:24
34-12
Arland Askew 22 YD
NEB
TD
01:52
34-18
London Young 12 YD Pass from Jim Spikes (2 Pts Failed)
NEB PASSING
CP/ATYDSTDINTLGSACK
QB J. Spikes
14/34
3-8
TEX PASSING
CP/ATYDSTDINTLGSACK
QB J. Johnson
11/15
1-6
QB J. Largent
1/2
0-0
NEB RUSHING
ATT
YDS
YPC
TD
LG
RB G. Clark
RB C. Burnett
RB K. Lang
WR C. Sanford
QB J. Spikes
WR L. Young
TEX RUSHING
ATT
YDS
YPC
TD
LG
RB D. Barno
RB D. Matthews
NEB RECEIVING
ATTRECYDSYPCYACTDLGDRP
WR C. Sanford
WR L. Young
RB C. Burnett
WR B. Sapp
RB G. Clark
TE J. Harrison
WR J. Parsons
WR C. Boylan
TEX RECEIVING
ATTRECYDSYPCYACTDLGDRP
TE J. Lewis
WR D. Forsey
WR K. Chandler
RB D. Barno
WR T. McCleskey
WR S. Baugh
NEB O-LINE
KRBPCKSAHLDFS
C G. Winslow
OT C. Moore
OT A. Fordham
OG J. Totten
OG L. Brookshier
TEX O-LINE
KRBPCKSAHLDFS
OT B. Nelsen
OG O. Washington
OG C. Williams
C J. Carpenter
OT M. Delhomme
NEB FUMBLES
FUMLOSTRECYDS
RB C. Burnett
WR C. Sanford
OLB D. Gardener
TEX FUMBLES
FUMLOSTRECYDS
RB D. Barno
SS T. Tatum
OG C. Williams
OLB M. Gregory
NEB KICKING
FGLONGXPPTS
K A. Askew
4/4
0/0
TEX KICKING
FGLONGXPPTS
K B. Simmons
2/2
4/4
NEB PUNTING
NOAVGNETI-20TBLG
P B. Briggs
TEX PUNTING
NOAVGNETI-20TBLG
P A. Henry
NEB KICK RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONG
RB G. Clark
WR C. Sanford
TEX KICK RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONG
SS W. Douglass
SS T. Tatum
NEB PUNT RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONGFC
FS R. Shuler
TEX PUNT RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONGFC
CB G. Wyche
NEB DEFENSE
T-ASCKSTFHURDPINTFFPD
ILB B. Green
8-1
FS S. Thornton
5-3
OLB D. Gardener
5-0
SS D. Dyson
4-4
DE J. Reece
3-0
ILB D. Cunningham
2-1
OLB M. King
2-1
CB D. Williams
1-4
SS D. Barrett
1-2
DE J. Stephens
1-1
DT A. Franklin
1-0
CB J. Willis
1-0
FS G. Jameson
1-0
DT R. White
0-2
TEX DEFENSE
T-ASCKSTFHURDPINTFFPD
ILB E. Stegent
7-1
SS T. Tatum
6-4
FS T. Claridge
5-4
OLB M. Gregory
4-3
CB D. Larscheid
3-1
SS W. Douglass
2-2
DT J. McNeal
2-1
CB G. Wyche
2-0
DT G. Hawkins
2-0
DE R. Brubaker
1-1
DT E. Nagler
1-0
DE T. McCutcheon
1-0
DT K. Minardi
1-0
Player of the Game
Drew Barno, Running Back
AT
Yards
TD
LNG
REC
Game Information
Temperature: 73
Weather: Light rain
[/code]

[b]Week 8 - #3 Texas(4-2) @ Iowa State(4-2)[/b] - Longhorns by 10 here. This game is a big one for us. It's on the road and its the game before the big one against Oklahoma State. Very very important to win this one without any problems. We've got to bench Johnson though and start Largent. Johnson is just ailing a bit too much, so, we'll play it comfortably until we're put into an uncomfortable position in the game. If he's needed, he'll come in. [b]1st Quarter[/b] Barno opens up the game with some nice gains but it's Matthews who ruins it all with a fumble near midfield. Ugh. Not a good start. Our defense comes up nicely though with a three and out and we then take the ball all the way down to the 30 yard line of ISU where we turn it over on downs.. ISU then takes it all the way down the field for a touchdown, making it 7-0 inching up on the end of the first quarter. Johnson will start to warm up a little. We turn it over again, and this time it's Barno who fumbled it. We were threatening to score again.... what is going on, guys???! [b]2nd Quarter[/b] Trying to make something happen, I allow Largent to throw a few deep balls and it doesn't work as he throws one into the hands of the defenders. 1st and 10 on the 10 yard line for ISU. Long way to go, here we go defense. We make an eventual stop and we take the ball all the way down to the 14 yard line, but we get sacked on consecutive plays and then throw an incomplete pass forcing a long field goal for Simmons. He drills the 44 yarder though. 7-3 with four to play in the half. Wyche gets us the ball back with an interception on the first play of the drive for ISU. We're near the redzone already! Grrr... we get nowhere and turn it over on downs after a stupid penalty that pushed us too far back. Well. The second half will have a little bit of Johnson, don't you worry. It's not like Largent is having a bad game, 15 of 25, 210 yards, but he's just not leading us to any points, really. Maybe we'll give him another shot. Largent leads us down the field for one more chance at the endzone before halftime and he can't do it, but it's good enough for three points. 7-6 as we head into halftime. Lots of yards for Largent. Not so many for Barno who's really being held to nearly nothing. 19 carries for 17 yards. Amazing first half. We have had so many plays...about as many as we'd have in a regular football game. 31 passes for Largent, 19 rushes for Barno. [b]3rd Quarter[/b] Simmons gets a shot to get us a lead and he does indeed give us the lead on the 34 yard field goal. 9-7 midway through the third quarter. Finally! 3 minutes to go in the third, Barno gets into the endzone as we increase our lead to 9, 16-7. [b]4th Quarter[/b] Our defense continues to pretty much dominate as we get the ball back to start the fourth quarter. Largent extends the lead with a touchdown pass to McCleskey! The score now 23-7 with 10 to play in the game. I'm a lot more comfy now and I didn't even have to bring in Johnson, thankfully. After a few possession changes, we start to really run down the clock before we finally punt it away with under three minutes to go and a 16 point lead. This one is pretty much over. What on Earth? We start to get whomped up and down. Our defense gives up a quick 80 yards on 8 plays, allowing ISU to have some life. They get the two points, and that makes it 23-15. Well, with no recovery on the onside kick, that ends any hopes of a comeback win for the Cyclones. So we win a close one against ISU... sort of close, I guess. Barno finished with a pathetic 70 yards on 42 carries. lol! That was a good win regardless of the opponent. They were playing well lately and we pretty much shut 'em down. With this win we lost some love from the human polls, but we stayed at #7 in the GDCS. I quit out of the game before I got the box score copied... will do that tomorrow or somethin'.

[b]Week 9 - #1 Oklahoma State(7-0) @ #5 Teas(5-2)[/b] - Longhorns by 10.. not looking good for us. We haven't been favored for a few weeks and we've won them all, I don't like being favored.. lol This will be another great game. Ok St has a great offensive line, but only very good skill players, so we'll be able to keep up with them offensively.. hopefully. [b]1st Quarter[/b] We get to midfield pretty easily, but then we're called for offensive pass interference then Johnson throws a pick... so, it's OSU's ball in our territory early on. After a nice defensive stand we get to start our next drive on the three yard line. Johnson throughout the whole drive made some nice 3rd down conversions with his receivers and he led us all the way down to the four yard line where Matthews took the handoff and ran it in for the touchdown. 7-0. 97 yard drive! With less than two minutes to go the Cowboys answer back to our touchdown with a field goal. 7-3. [b]2nd Quarter[/b] Johnson gets sacked which makes Simmons' job that much harder as he's got to kick a 43 yarder now. And he misses it, as usual. Stays 7-3. Through the rest of the second quarter not a whole lot happens.. but with a four minutes to go, Oklahoma State gets another shot starting at midfield. OSU gets a good drive together and they eventually score a touchdown to take the lead. 10-7 with under a minute to go in the half. It wasn't a great first half, but it wasn't all that bad either. Our defense played really well except for the last drive against 'em. It should be another well-fought half. OSU ball first. [b]3rd Quarter[/b] After a quick defensive series our offense gets back to work and it's now my decision on what to do. We face a 4th and 1 on the 3 yard line. I don't really want to kick a field goal, but I've been beaten on this very play many times in the past... and I'll risk it again as Simmons isn't a sure thing even this close. Oh, puh-lease. The hand off was botched to Barno, allowing for the defense to come up with the big play for OSU. There are way too many botched handoffs in this game, I think. We get the ball back eventually following a punt, but Barno gives it right back to 'em on a fumble. This may be his last start.. he fumbles way too much. Luckily, as Oklahoma State was really threatening to score, they fumble it for the third time in the game but it's the first time we recovered the fumble! 1st and 10 on our own 10 yard line. Nothing comes out of the drive for us as we head into the fourth quarter. 10-7 OSU lead. [b]4th Quarter[/b] The Cowboys are able to come up huge on a 36 yard touchdown play on 2nd and very long.. Damn it. 16-7 as they miss the extra point. We exchange possessions and we've got the ball back with 8 minutes to play in the game. We finally connect on a long passing gain, but it's nearly rendered useless as we fumble, but we get it back. On the next play Johnson gets nailed for an 8 yard loss on the sack. Where's the protection, boys? Two plays later the game lies in the hands of our most unreliable player, Simmons. He's got a 36 yarder here and he nails it! Whew. 16-10 with 5:26 left to go. OSU faces a 3rd and 15 with 3 and a half to go, they've got the ball on our 88 yard line.. here's the snap, quick pass and they get six yards, moving closer to being a makeable field goal. A 50 yarder and they nail it to put the nail in the coffin pretty much. 19-10. All we need is three plays to get into the endzone, but the problem was that was started the drive with just over two minutes to go, now there's 1:25 left(1:44 before the extra f***ing point). We need to kick an onside kick. 19-17. That'll be the ball game as our defense can't come up with a stop on 3rd and 8, they get a big 18 yard gain instead... our goal line defense can't do anything. Probably not a smart choice to do that, but whatever. 19-17 will be the final score. Boo. [code] Oklahoma State: 19, Texas: 17
TEAM
1Q
2Q
3Q
4Q
OT
FINAL
Oklahoma State
(8-0)
Texas
(5-3)
Team Statistics
OKST
TEX
First Downs2419
   Rushing
   Passing
   Penalty
3rd-down Efficiency7-155-15
4th-down Efficiency0-10-0
Total Net Yards393373
   Total plays
   Average gain
Net Yards Rushing21488
   Rushes
   Average per rush
Net Yards Passing179285
   Completed-attempted
18-37
15-29
   Yards per pass
   Sacked-yards lost
0-0
6-27
   Had intercepted
Punts-average6-38.86-46
Return Yardage65111
   Punts-returns
1-8
1-35
   Kickoffs-returns
2-60
4-76
   Interceptions-returns
1--3
1-0
Penalties-yards6-798-64
Fumbles-lost4-22-1
Touchdowns22
   Rushing
   Passing
Extra Points1-22-2
Field Goals2-21-2
Red Zone Efficiency2-5-40%2-3-66.7%
Time Of Possession31:1328:47
First Quarter
TEX
TD
05:04
7-0
David Matthews 4 YD Run (Bernie Simmons Kick).
OKST
FG
01:26
7-3
Ken Morton 35 YD
Second Quarter
OKST
TD
01:05
10-7
Lennox Eason 7 YD Pass from JoJuan Cross (Ken Morton Kick).
Fourth Quarter
OKST
TD
12:06
16-7
Gary Johnson 36 YD Pass from JoJuan Cross (Ken Morton Kick Failed).
TEX
FG
05:26
16-10
Bernie Simmons 36 YD
OKST
FG
02:35
19-10
Ken Morton 50 YD
TEX
TD
01:44
19-17
Kenyatta Chandler 32 YD Pass from Jeff Johnson (Bernie Simmons Kick).
OKST PASSING
CP/ATYDSTDINTLGSACK
QB J. Cross
18/37
0-0
TEX PASSING
CP/ATYDSTDINTLGSACK
QB J. Johnson
15/29
6-27
OKST RUSHING
ATT
YDS
YPC
TD
LG
RB S. Garner
FB O. Hankton
RB K. Schobel
QB J. Cross
TEX RUSHING
ATT
YDS
YPC
TD
LG
RB D. Barno
RB D. Matthews
OKST RECEIVING
ATTRECYDSYPCYACTDLGDRP
WR G. Johnson
WR G. Smith
RB S. Garner
FB O. Hankton
WR L. Eason
TE D. Faneca
TEX RECEIVING
ATTRECYDSYPCYACTDLGDRP
WR T. McCleskey
WR K. Chandler
WR D. Forsey
RB D. Barno
RB D. Matthews
TE T. Tillman
WR S. Baugh
OKST O-LINE
KRBPCKSAHLDFS
OG B. Banfield
OT Z. Allen
FB O. Hankton
OT C. Riley
C W. Ford
TEX O-LINE
KRBPCKSAHLDFS
C J. Carpenter
OG O. Washington
TE T. Tillman
OT L. Graham
OT M. Delhomme
OKST FUMBLES
FUMLOSTRECYDS
RB S. Garner
WR G. Johnson
DE M. Meilinger
OG B. Banfield
OT C. Riley
TEX FUMBLES
FUMLOSTRECYDS
WR T. McCleskey
RB D. Barno
DE R. Brubaker
OT B. Nelsen
DE T. McCutcheon
OKST KICKING
FGLONGXPPTS
K K. Morton
2/2
1/2
TEX KICKING
FGLONGXPPTS
K B. Simmons
1/2
2/2
OKST PUNTING
NOAVGNETI-20TBLG
P J. Hutchinson
TEX PUNTING
NOAVGNETI-20TBLG
P A. Henry
OKST KICK RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONG
RB K. Schobel
WR B. Jenkins
TEX KICK RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONG
SS T. Tatum
OKST PUNT RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONGFC
CB M. Lowe
TEX PUNT RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONGFC
CB G. Wyche
OKST DEFENSE
T-ASCKSTFHURDPINTFFPD
ILB B. Gildon
8-1
ILB A. Adams
6-1
CB D. Bryant
4-3
DT J. Paige
4-0
DT V. Ham
4-0
CB M. Lowe
2-5
DE M. Meilinger
2-1
FS K. Battle
2-0
SS C. Perry
1-1
ILB T. Strong
1-0
DE M. Jackson
1-0
CB G. Bettis
1-0
DT B. Bidwell
0-1
FS L. Coolbaugh
0-1
TEX DEFENSE
T-ASCKSTFHURDPINTFFPD
ILB E. Stegent
10-2
SS T. Tatum
6-3
FS T. Claridge
6-2
OLB M. Gregory
5-3
OLB D. Whisenhunt
2-3
CB G. Wyche
2-2
CB D. Larscheid
2-1
DE R. Brubaker
2-0
DT G. Hawkins
2-0
DT J. McNeal
2-0
SS W. Douglass
1-1
DE T. McCutcheon
1-0
Player of the Game
Ben Banfield, Offensive Guard
KRB
PNK
HLD
SA
FS
Game Information
Temperature: 77
[/code]

With weeks nine and ten under the belts we stilll find ourselves in second place despite our two losses. Oklahoma is the only other team in the South that has a winning record in conference play besides us and OSU. Our schedule doesn't really get a whole lot easier; we now face Tennessee and we'll later face ranked teams in A&M and Wisconsin. If we win out, we'll have a shot for conference champs, but probably not, sadly. [code]
Big 12 Standings
North Division
TEAMW-LCONF W-LPFPA
Colorado7-15-1299163
Kansas State7-24-2295178
Nebraska6-34-2276185
Missouri5-52-5259248
Iowa State4-52-5212272
Kansas4-51-5182226
South Division
TEAMW-LCONF W-LPFPA
Oklahoma State8-05-0260147