DOTM: March Nominations

RULES

1. You have 3 votes to nominate , 1 for each category

(The TigerKinney Rule)

You may substitute your Real World and Cornellverse nomination or 2nd between the two. The Rookie Vote must go to a Rookie Diary Category or be left unused

2. you may not nominate yourself

3. All nominations need to be seconded to make the voting round

4. All nominations must include a reason

5. Real World & Cornellverse: must have at least
    shows, with at least 2 of those shows this month.

6. Rookie DOTM:any diary started since the first of the prior month, the only post requirement for rookie is one show in the current month, and not started by a Hall of Famer. (none diary threads are no longer eligible)

7. You CAN nominate the the winners from last month's Rookie Category to the full awards regardless of start date (Rhudipoo's WWE Bizarro .. )

8. You can NOT nominate Phantom Stranger's TCW: A Quiet Retirement

9. You can NOT nominate jw_forever's WWE 2006: New Year, New Stars, New Beginnings or Togg's TNA - No Limitations "Goodbye Russo"

10. a vote for yourself is an automatic disqualification.

2nd* - means that the diary has been seconded so that you do not waste your vote, or fail to 2nd a diary you want to see put up for diary of the month

Real World DOTM nominee's:

• michgcs's WWE: The Longest-Running Weekly Episodic Cluster of Shows in TV History!
  • Steesh07's WWE RTWM 2011 - A Sting in the Tale
  • Nobby_McDonald's TNA's New Beginnings II
  • Final Countdown's Ring of Honor, we don't imitate
  • World Wrestling Entertainment 2009 and Beyond! by MadMatt
  • Rhudipoo's WWE Bizarro

Cornellverse DOTM nominee's:

• TakerNGN74's Canadian Golden Combat: Reforming its legacy
  • angeldelayette's: USPW: An American Dream
  • eayragt's USPW: A Joker At Work
  • No Neck's Guest Booker: The Phoenix Also Rise- Phil Vibert & PWC
  • London's TCW- The Never Ending Journey
  • Eisenverse's USPW- The Great American Spectacle
  • Codey's The Johhny Heizenger Story
  • Acrible's God Bless Texas - 1977 C-Verse
  • Yuu Onuki's Memoirs of a Booker 5SSW: Return of the Oracle
  • Remianen's QAW Forever: The revolution WILL be televised

Rookie DOTM nominee's:

• jonnycosmic's SHIMMER Womens Athletes - Wrestling's Real Alternative
  • jhd1's: Supreme Wrestling Federation: Under Pressure
  • Purple Cowboy's PW Candle: Total Championship Wrestling
  • Mr Rager's MAW: The Machine Is Dead
  • rdarnz'sVWA: Neutral Territory
  • Flat Doughnut's Three Kingdoms
  • guyver3's Ring of Honor - Wrestling's Real Alternative
  • Jingo's The Next Generation of Awesome: SAW!
  • 20LEgend's Total Nonstop Action: X Marks the Spot

Rules Change: NO 2nd is required this month

Nominations will be open until April 1st(12 pm Eastern)

No 2nd this month!

I have seen a much smaller than normal realworld & cornelverse pool the last 3 months, despite a huge amount of what look like active diaries to me.

As such, I have taken down the 2nd rule for this month to see what affect that has on getting a more healthy number of diaries nominated.

congratulations

I would like to congratulate all the winners from diary of the year! you have all given so much to the comunity this year, this is the least we can give back!

House Keeping

two more Diaries have been added to the PDF'd for e-reader section in the last month.

J Silver's USPW: 65 and older get in free

McShamrock's Dave's not here

Nominations

jonnycosmic's SHIMMER Womens Athletes - Wrestling's Real Alternative

michgcs's WWE: The Longest-Running Weekly Episodic Cluster of Shows in TV History!

TakerNGN74's Canadian Golden Combat: Reforming its legacy

Hmmmm difficult this month...

I think jhd1 still qualifies for Rookie of the Month as I don't think he has held eight shows quite yet. If I am wrong just let me know and I'll change my pick.

Rookie of the Month

jhd1's: Supreme Wrestling Federation: Under Pressure

C-Verse diary of the Month

angeldelayette's: USPW: An American Dream

I'll hold my other vote for a bit.

I think jhd1 still qualifies for Rookie of the Month as I don't think he has held eight shows quite yet. If I am wrong just let me know and I'll change my pick.

Rookie of the Month

Thanks for the nomination! I think my diary actually qualifies for Rookie Diary of the Month since I'm not a hall of famer and it was started by the first of February. But I am good with it going in either category.

Thanks for the nomination! I think my diary actually qualifies for Rookie Diary of the Month since I'm not a hall of famer and it was started by the first of February. But I am good with it going in either category.

Honestly, I'm not too sure myself :o. I'll leave it as it is for now unless I am corrected by mistaken in the near future.

Rookie of the Month

Honestly, I'm not too sure myself :o. I'll leave it as it is for now unless I am corrected by mistaken in the near future.

technically he would be rookie, but if he has the 8 show, he has over 200 posts to the thread I will gladdly accept him in the Cornelleverse section.

Angeldelayette's call seems to be that he is fine with staying in the CV section, so there he shall remain.

There are actually a lot of great Rookie Diaries out there. In fact there are two very good SWF diaries that just started up. However, I am going to go with a great Rookie TCW diary which is: PW Candle: Total Championship Wrestling by Purple Cowboy.

This diary is different than anyother on the board right now, in that it is written much like a newsletter. Just a great read.

For C-Verse: USPW: A Joker At Work by eayragt.

A great USPW diary!

There are actually a lot of great Rookie Diaries out there. In fact there are two very good SWF diaries that just started up. However, I am going to go with a great Rookie TCW diary which is: PW Candle: Total Championship Wrestling by Purple Cowboy.

This diary is different than anyother on the board right now, in that it is written much like a newsletter. Just a great read.

For C-Verse: USPW: A Joker At Work by eayragt.

A great USPW diary!

Thanks much for the nomination, it is greatly appreciated! :)

If I may say, I finally feel like I've found a way to do a dynasty where it doesn't feel like "work" to me. My whole attitude is brighter about it and I think that's coming across. And it's been fun trying to develop the writer characters along with the wrestlers. Thanks again!

I'll have some nominations of my own soon.

Seconded. This is a really read with a perspective of writing that feels especially fresh given that it involves an already much-covered promotion in TCW.

Although the fact that the 'PP Express' will never see the light of day almost makes me want to rescind this. :p

And...

I hope this fits the criteria as I don't have a whole lot of involvement in these types of thread, but I'd like to nominate MAW: The Machine Is Dead by Mr Rager for the Rookie DOTM. I don't read too many MAW diaries for one reason or another, but this one simply places a really strong emphasis on solid events and with my personal bias towards Citizen X, having him take the Rip Chord Invitational seals the deal for me.

Seconded. This is a really read with a perspective of writing that feels especially fresh given that it involves an already much-covered promotion in TCW.

Although the fact that the 'PP Express' will never see the light of day almost makes me want to rescind this. :p

And...

I hope this fits the criteria as I don't have a whole lot of involvement in these types of thread, but I'd like to nominate MAW: The Machine Is Dead by Mr Rager for the Rookie DOTM. I don't read too many MAW diaries for one reason or another, but this one simply places a really strong emphasis on solid events and with my personal bias towards Citizen X, having him take the Rip Chord Invitational seals the deal for me.

yes, maw the machien is dead is perfectly eligable.

Second, no seconds this month :p

I nominate...

C-Verse - Codey - The Johhny Heizenger Story... Love this diary; even though I'm just a watcher.

Real World - Steesh07 - WWE RTWM 2011 - A Sting in the Tale... Great use of detail and fantastic use of graphics.

Rookie - Flat Doughnut - Three Kingdoms - An interesting concept, and the idea of booking three promotions is one I'd not considered before.

I'm new to this, so if I've done anything wrong I apologise. I checked everything I could think of before posting these nominations.

My nominations:

Rookie: Ring of Honor - Wrestling's Real Alternative by guyver3. It's really interesting to see another take on ROH from the beginning, and I think guyver3's done a good job so far.

Real World: TNA's New Beginnings II by Nobby_McDonald. Buff Bagwell is more over with the readers of this diary than he ever was in real life.

C-Verse noms for:

Eisenverse's: USPW- The Great American Spectacle.

Sadly, I don't know if I'm eligible this month? With "Frigid Fight Night" on the way, I think that only puts me at 5 shows since my dynasty started. That said, I don't know if we count length of shows as an off-set to the whole 8 show deal? If so, then I'd proudly love to via for the DOTM dealio. If not, then hopefully I'll be here next month.

Either way, Thank you for the nod Tigerkinney! :D

Cheers.

E-V

Thanks for the support sebs! Much appreciated. :)

Still early days. ;)

Guest codey
I nominate...

C-Verse - Codey - The Johhny Heizenger Story... Love this diary; even though I'm just a watcher.

Thanks for the support, Mike! And it's always nice to find out about a new reader :)

My nominations:

Rookie: Ring of Honor - Wrestling's Real Alternative by guyver3. It's really interesting to see another take on ROH from the beginning, and I think guyver3's done a good job so far.

Thanks for the Vote TFC I've been reading some of the newer diarys put up and getting a nomination is a great "honor" considering some of the other Diary's this month

as far as nominations go the ones I would nominate already are.

Archived