DOG POUND III - The Sign-up Thread

DOG POUND III - Wrecked

THE SIGNUP THREAD

http://i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc347/flamesnoopy/dogpound.jpg

It's time for the third run of Dog Pound. For those of unaware, it's a project involving GDS members. A promotion will be created that will only include GDS members with their own, unique characters. Hopefully, it includes ideas and storylines tossed around, with everyone being in charge of their own promos. I’ll be in charge of control in the project, and also in charge of match write-ups and booking decisions.

What you will need is:

• commitment
  • enough free time to contribute
  • a little bit of creativity
  • to fill out the form below

For schedule I think once a week like in the last version would be good, with the show date being in somewhere like Sunday, so that people who have a busy week can rest and still finish and contribute to the show. Lastly, (I think that’s all) here are links to both of the earlier versions.

I hope you give thought to your characters and put in some creativity to create truly unique and legendary characters. As suggested by LoNdOn in the Dog Pound discussion thread, if too many of the same type of characters (last time, atleast one out of three was an emo kid) start to emerge, I'll put a cap on it.

Dog Pound I – The Other Mistake in the Lake (The Original) [by mad5226]

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=136472

Dog Pound II – Stranded in London [by Boltinho]

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=234246

<hr>

The Form:

Name:

Short Name:

Picture:

Birth Month:

Year:

Nationality:

Mask (Y/N):

Hair (Y/N):

Wrestling Style:

Size:

Gimmick:

Finishing Moves (and (the) type in brackets)

Performances (Name two to have raised from cool, brute, etc):

Good Skills (Pick 4 skills to be raised by 10%, not the same as excellent skills):

Excellent Skills (Pick 2 skills to be raised by 25%, not the same as good skills):

Any other information:

[**Credits go to: Kamchatka for the Dog Pound logo, mad5226 and Boltinho - the previous leaders of Dog Pound, MJStark eventually for the title belt, all the great renderers eventually and all the contributors of the project, also eventually.**]

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EXAMPLE FORM

The Form:

Name:
The Dog Pound Mascot

Short Name:
Mascot

Picture:
http://i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc347/flamesnoopy/dogpound.jpg

Birth Month:
January

Year:

Nationality:
English

Mask (Y/N):
No

Hair (Y/N):
No

Wrestling Style:
Brawling / Drooling

Size:
Giant

Gimmick:
Mascot

The Charge for Food (impact)

Performances (Name two to have raised from cool, brute, etc):
Brute, Comedy

Good Skills (Pick 4 skills to be raised by 10%, not the same as excellent skills):
Star Quality, MMA Style, Toughness, Sex Appeal

Excellent Skills (Pick 2 skills to be raised by 25%, not the same as good skills):
Power, Menace

Any other information:
He's a mean son of a gun!

Name: Disco Fever

Short Name: Disco Fever

Picture: http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w140/thirteenthghetto/DiscoMachine.jpg

Birth Month: September

Year: 1985

Nationality: Scottish

Mask (Y/N): N

Hair (Y/N): Y

Wrestling Style: Japanese Junior

Size: Middleweight

Gimmick: A living breating partying machine. With a 70's twist. (TEW terms = Dancing Fool)

Finishing Moves (and (the) type in brackets) :

End of The Night (Hero's Welcome/Cross Rhodes - impact)

Performances (Name two to have raised from cool, brute, etc): Cool and C(l)ocky

Good Skills (Pick 4 skills to be raised by 10%, not the same as excellent skills): Psychology, Microphone, Aerial and Flashiness

Excellent Skills (Pick 2 skills to be raised by 25%, not the same as good skills): Charisma and Consistency

Any other information: Has three signature moves before the End of the Night ;

1) JaeggerBomb (Running Senton)

2) Dancefloor Thrillah (Hurricanrana with disco-esque theatrics)

3) Just Stayin' Alive (Strutting followed by a following headbutt to a downed opponent)

Also sucks at being a heel. (TEW terms Face = 85%, Heel = 3%)

Short Bio : Disco Fever is a rookie worker, who has the unusual gimmick of being a man of the 70's...now. He acts very much like the stereotypical 70's man, flaed suits and dance moves. He is often oblivious to his surroundings and breaks into a quick jive whenever he has control.

Glad to see this is returning. Hopefully it'll have a longer life span than the previous ones. Are we back in the UK? And what about the product?

Since I've been a lightweight, high-flying wrestler in the previous two editions, I've decided to go a new route. I'm going to make a GIANT, high-flying wrestler! Can it be done? Let's find out.

Name: Elemental XL

Short Name: XL

Picture: http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/Alts/Renders/ElementalXL_jhd.jpg

Birth Month: July

Year: 1991

Nationality: American (Hawaiian)

Mask (Y/N): Y

Size: Giant

Gimmick: Confused Underdog

Finishing Moves (and (the) type in brackets): Colossal Crossbody (Opponent-Flattening Flying Crossbody), Tsunami Splash (Barely-Flipping 218 Degree Splash), Hawaiian Punch (Skull-Crushing Running Haymaker)

Performances (Name two to have raised from cool, brute, etc): Wholesome, Comedy

Good Skills (Pick 4 skills to be raised by 10%, not the same as excellent skills): Charisma, Psychology, Basics, Brawling

Excellent Skills (Pick 2 skills to be raised by 25%, not the same as good skills): Aerial, Microphone

Any other information: Elemental XL is a confused young man. Growing up in Hawaii, he watched countless hours of Burning Hammer, idolizing the superb Japanese Juniors, especially the Elemental line. His lifelong dream has always been to become the next Elemental.

Unfortunately for him, he's over 7 feet tall and weighs over 450 pounds.

He's always been gigantic for his age. And while that size would make him a devastating monster heel in Sports Entertainment, he always has been a people person. He wants to wow the crowd. And he'll tell you all about it...most promos he does ends in someone taking the microphone for him.

His style? He's trained since he was a kid in the Japanese Junior style by his late grandfather, an eternal Burning Hammer midcarder in the 70's by the ring name of Five-O. His grandfather believed in him. Whether or not that was his Alzheimer's kicking in or the constant shots of spiked pineapple drinks, no one knows.

At his size, top rope moves aren't pretty, but they are devastating and can get the job done, flattening his opponents. He had taken out his entire neighborhood of kids with his trademark Colossal Crossbody. Oh, and don't make him mad, because scores of people who have made fun of him have felt the wrath of Hawaiian Punch.

And we know that Elemental XL technically means "Elemental 40", but...he's confused, remember?

Glad to see this is returning. Hopefully it'll have a longer life span than the previous ones. Are we back in the UK? And what about the product?

Since I've been a lightweight, high-flying wrestler in the previous two editions, I've decided to go a new route. I'm going to make a GIANT, high-flying wrestler! Can it be done? Let's find out.

Name: Elemental XL

Short Name: XL

Picture: (Let me get back to you on this one)

Birth Month: July

Year: 1991

Nationality: American (Hawaiian)

Mask (Y/N): Y

Size: Giant

Gimmick: Confused Underdog

Finishing Moves (and (the) type in brackets): Colossal Crossbody (Opponent-Flattening Flying Crossbody), Tsunami Splash (Barely-Flipping 218 Degree Splash), Hawaiian Punch (Skull-Crushing Running Haymaker)

Performances (Name two to have raised from cool, brute, etc): Wholesome, Comedy

Good Skills (Pick 4 skills to be raised by 10%, not the same as excellent skills): Charisma, Psychology, Basics, Brawling

Excellent Skills (Pick 2 skills to be raised by 25%, not the same as good skills): Aerial, Microphone

Any other information: Elemental XL is a confused young man. Growing up in Hawaii, he watched countless hours of Burning Hammer, idolizing the superb Japanese Juniors, especially the Elemental line. His lifelong dream has always been to become the next Elemental.

Unfortunately for him, he's over 7 feet tall and weighs over 450 pounds.

He's always been gigantic for his age. And while that size would make him a devastating monster heel in Sports Entertainment, he always has been a people person. He wants to wow the crowd. And he'll tell you all about it...most promos he does ends in someone taking the microphone for him.

His style? He's trained since he was a kid in the Japanese Junior style by his late grandfather, an eternal Burning Hammer midcarder in the 70's by the ring name of Five-O. His grandfather believed in him. Whether or not that was his Alzheimer's kicking in or the constant shots of spiked pineapple drinks, no one knows.

At his size, top rope moves aren't pretty, but they are devastating and can get the job done, flattening his opponents. He had taken out his entire neighborhood of kids with his trademark Colossal Crossbody. Oh, and don't make him mad, because scores of people who have made fun of him have felt the wrath of Hawaiian Punch.

And we know that Elemental XL technically means "Elemental 40", but...he's confused, remember?

Remind me to never get on the bad side of your guy!

The Form:

Name: Justin Sane

Short Name: Justin

Picture: http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/Alts/Renders/DaveyCeltic_jhd.jpg (JHD's Davey Celtic if there is any problem with the usage of this i will change it)

Birth Month: August

Year: 1989

Nationality: American

Mask (Y/N): No

Hair (Y/N): Yes

Wrestling Style: Cruiserweight

Size: Lightweight

Gimmick: Underdog

Finishing Moves: The Insane Manouvere (Shooting Star Press)

Performances (Name two to have raised from cool, brute, etc):Cool,C0cky

Psychology,Star Quality,Basics,Flashiness

Aerial,Selling

Face 75 Heel 50

Any other information:

Bio: Justin Sane (Born Ryan Seacrest) is your typical underdog, 5'7/165lbs, Sane often a face who speaks few words put does all his talking in the ring, Sane's repotiore contains amazing aerial manouver's including his finisher The Insane Manouver a diving Shooting Star Press, also known to be bullied around by the big men in the ring

Name: Actual Bodily Harm (although he is nearly always refered to as ABH)

Short Name: ABH

Picture:

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/1231/abh2.jpg

Birth Month: November

Year: 1985

Nationality: Unknown

Wrestling Style: Brawler

Size: Super Heavyweight

Gimmick: Monster

Finishing Moves (and (the) type in brackets):

Total Bodily Destruction (splash in the corner, irish whip, splash in the corner, opponent stumbles out while ABH hits the ropes and hits a massive spear)

Powerbomb

Performances (Name two to have raised from cool, brute, etc): Brute, Weird

Good Skills (Pick 4 skills to be raised by 10%, not the same as excellent skills): Basics, Psychology, Consistancy, Stamina

Excellent Skills (Pick 2 skills to be raised by 25%, not the same as good skills): Brawling, Menace

Any other information:

Kayfabe: Actual Bodily Harm is a huge wrestler who hails from 'parts unknown'. In fact, next to nothing is known about this 6'11" man-mountain. Managed by veteran American manager 'The Man with the Hat' Douglas Kritch ABH never speaks & never shows emotion, he has dominated every indy match he has ever been in but can he continue to dominate in the big leagues of The Dog Pound?

Non-Kayfabe: One indy show Kritch couldn't make it and ABH was at a loss, until the booker put some bike leathers and a pair of sunglasses on him and 'The Terminator' was born. He worked the gimmick for a while, but eventually returned to the ABH gimmick when the writers of said film got in touch threatening to sue.

Manager to follow :)

Name: Black Sheep

Short Name: Black Sheep

Picture:http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p366/celdom/Full/BlackSheep_Alt4.jpg

Birth Month: September

Year: 1988

Nationality: Welsh

Mask (Y/N): Yes

Wrestling Style: Entertainer

Size: Lightweight

Gimmick:

Finishing Moves: Armbaaaa (Submission)

Performances: Weasel. Comedy.

Good Skills (Pick 4 skills to be raised by 10%, not the same as excellent skills): Charisma, Safety, Mat Wrestling, Basics

Excellent Skills (Pick 2 skills to be raised by 25%, not the same as good skills): Chain Wrestling, Submissions

I know what I'm doing, and I've PM'd Flamesnoopy. Black Sheep is a man in a sheep costume. Woolly trunks with an adorable little tail on it.

The Form:

Name: Moth-Man

Short Name: Moth

Picture: http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/Mothman.jpg

Birth Month: March

Year: 1984

Nationality: English

Mask (Y/N): Yes

Wrestling Style: Cruiserweight

Size: Middleweight

Gimmick: Comc Book Hero

Lights Out [Reverse STO, Impact] Metamorphosis Lock[bridging grounded double chickenwing, submission], S.A.L.T (Staring At The Lights!) [Flying Clothesline, impact]

Performances (Name two to have raised from cool, brute, etc): Gimmicky, Wholesome.

Good Skills (Pick 4 skills to be raised by 10%, not the same as excellent skills): Charisma, Psychology, Basics, Acting

Microphone, Aerial

Any other information: Gnaws a sock, is very mysterious. He is a superhero, he just doesn't have any powers (he is the only on who believes he is a hero.) All hero's have a weakness - lights going out, for most it means a sneak attack for Moth-Man it a much bigger problem.

Great additions to the Dog Pound roster these four as well. MJStark's ABH is a great reflection to the other characters submitted so far. Menacing, brute monster, nothing fancy. Can't wait for the manager MJ.

Moth-Man is a baffling character. He's a comic book hero. Who gnaws a sock. I mean, what kind of super hero is that :p

And don't even get me started with Black Sheep. Very, very weird. Who dresses up as a sheep? I think he should be some kind of.. turncoat character. Though, that may not work, given that the roster doesn't hold any other sheeps...

Name: The Gladiator

Short Name: Gladiator

Picture: http://th848.photobucket.com/albums/ab46/KurtAngle_iam/th_Matt_Morgan.jpg

Birth Month: August

Year: 1986

Nationality: American

Wrestling Style:

Size: Heavyweight

Gimmick: Fan Favourite

Colloseum Driver(Burning Hammer)

Performances (Name two to have raised from cool, brute, etc): Brute, Legit

Good Skills (Pick 4 skills to be raised by 10%, not the same as excellent skills): Star Quality, Power, Stamina, Psychology

Excellent Skills (Pick 2 skills to be raised by 25%, not the same as good skills): Brawling, Menace

Any other information:

Gladiator truly believes that he was born in the wrong time. He believes he should have been born in the days of colloseum battles, where he truly would have been the ultimate gladiator. He plays to the fans a bit, but he focuses on the battle, or as he refers to it, the two man war, at hand. Determined, Focus, and fearless this behemoth is looking to make an impact.

Name: Chris Slaughter

Short Name: Slaughter

Picture:

http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/xx29/BFSMatt/User135.jpg

Birth Month: February

Year: 1994

Nationality: English

Wrestling Style: Brawler/Hardcore

Size: Heavyweight

Gimmick: Loner

Finishing Moves:

Limey Clothesline (Clothesline)

Enlightenment Over Heck (Gorilla Press Into A Back Elbow)

Performances (Name two to have raised from cool, brute, etc): Brute, Wholesome

Stamina, Safety, Consistency & Basics

Brawling, Menace

Any other information:

Slaughter is extremely fond of tag matches and enjoys working in tag teams, He doesn't mind who he tags with as long as it's in a match.

Chris is also an extremely social person backstage and many people enjoy his company but many feel that he is too generous which is why many people take advantage of him.

A Random Fact: He never removes his hat....

(Face: 83, Heel: 27)

Entrance Theme: Waidmanns Heil (Instrumental) by Rammstein

Please...please...PLEASE set this in Hawaii.

Please.

Then my character would be an automatic Main Eventer, no? :cool:

USA! USA! U-S-A!

It's based in Scandinavia. All hail Finland!

Plus, I have already set all the popularities etc. Yeah, I'll go with that excuse :p

Archived