NCAA 12 vs Madden 12

GatorBait19

Yeah, I've been able to run just fine. Passing use to be my strong suit but I just can't seem to get enough time in the pocket and when I do it is batted down, overthrown, or intercepted. Very frustrating.

All this is on All-American (or whatever it is called) difficulty. Haven't tried harder or easier yet.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ordered this at my austrian retailer of choice, where I usually get my uncut games from should German law censor a game again. NCAA 2012 isn't officially released in Germany (only few here care about NFL as it is), hence it's my only option. There ARE German import shops too, but for some or other reason getting a game from them is more expensive for me than if I import a game across two countries (USA -> Austria -> Germany). o.O

Just had the most heartbreaking loss ever. I started a dynasty as Alabama's offensive coordinator and am planning on ditching them at the end of the year to go be the head coach at some other school. So, week 2 rolls around and I'm heading to Happy Valley to take on JoePa and Penn State. I'm ranked #2 and they're unranked, so naturally I'm not too worried about them giving me too many problems. (I play on Heisman w/ default sliders btw)

But my offense stalls out the first couple of drives and they jump out to a 10-0 lead, I finally answer with an 80 yd. TD pass to Darius Hanks to get on the board, but they come right back with a kick return for a TD to go right back up by 10 again, 17-7. On the next drive, my Heisman contending running back Trent Richardson gets a concussion and he's out of the game so I'm stuck relying on the erratic as hell AJ McCarron to lead the way. I threw a couple of costly picks, but picked up another long TD and the score was 31-21 heading into the fourth quarter with me trailing.

I had a guy open deep on one of my early 4th qtr. drives but McCarron underthrew it, and it was picked off. Thankfully 'Bama has a monster defense and they forced a quick three-and-out. I then had a pretty long drive down the field which ended with my back-up RB punching it in and cutting things down to one possession 31-28. They had the ball for about a minute the next drive, but I got things back with three time outs, and 1:58 left to play. First play, I had my tight end wide open for a first down but for the thousandth time of the game he got popped as he caught it and dropped the ball. Second down, nobody gets open and I'm not paying attention and get sacked. 3rd and 17, again nobody gets open and I'm sacked again.

4th and 31 with about :50 left in the game, and I need to channel Donovan McNabb to pull something off. Marquiz Maze breaks away WIDE OPEN on a vertical and not only do I have a first down right there, but a go-away touchdown with less than a minute left. McCarron delivers it perfect, and without a defender within ten yards Maze DROPS IT! My jaw dropped, I still can't believe it! It was right to him, for the game, and that son of a bitch dropped it!

It was a terrible loss, but man it makes the game that much funner. Really cool moment now that the initial anger has subsided, I really can't wait for the real deal to roll around. (Knile Davis for the Heisman!)

• 4 weeks later...
I was at a friends playing NCAA 2012 on Heisman for the 1st time ever and I couldn't score more than 10 points in an 8 minute a quarter game. I gave up over 40 points too. Where can I look to get better other than by just getting killed in every single game. I was Mich Wolverines and was playing the Spartans.

Is it just me or is the 'patch', at least when it comes to updating rosters, somewhat of a lazy approach for EA these days (with Madden)? I know, all you have to do is go on and download them; however, for those of us who don't have Xbox live, it becomes tedious to have to go through the rosters and constantly update them. I guess it's a little harder this year given free agency being pushed back but it's somewhat annoying to read that the rosters are going to be pretty backward when the game comes out.

Boo.

Cheers.

E-V

Sliders are your friend on NCAA 12. Heisman difficulty was becoming too easy for me. I found some solid sliders on OperationSports yesterday. Games are more realistic, the super LBs and psychic DBs are mostly obsolete, and the CPU running game matters again.

Sliders are your friend on NCAA 12. Heisman difficulty was becoming too easy for me. I found some solid sliders on OperationSports yesterday. Games are more realistic, the super LBs and psychic DBs are mostly obsolete, and the CPU running game matters again.

I don't want to change the sliders really. I just want to learn how to get better but playing against Heisman just is discouraging it seems. Where can I find some good tips?

Well I have it now and started a two player offline dynasty with my nephew (who is only ~ 7 years younger than I am ^^). It's great fun so far and surely was worth the purchase. Lotsa changes since I last played NCAA (the 2009 version) and most of it for the better imo. It seems to have become a little more difficult too, or I'm just rusty ^^

Archived