NCAA 12 vs Madden 12

GatorBait19

I'm really liking the feel of the NCAA demo. Madden is also looking solid this year, and with Hillis on the cover the Clevelander in me will have to buy it too for the first time in a couple of years.

On another note, I'll probably be doing another NCAA online dynasty if anyone is interested. I'm open to suggestions as to the team requirements, but I'm leaning towards returning to a conference dynasty rather than last year's 3-star and under.

I got the NCAA demo on release. It moves SOOO smooth. Amazing fluidity.

For conference maybe SEC or Big 10? Might not get the game on release though. Will probably grab it when I pick up my copy of Gears 3

You can customize online conferences, so you could probably do both.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm really liking the feel of the NCAA demo. Madden is also looking solid this year, and with Hillis on the cover the Clevelander in me will have to buy it too for the first time in a couple of years.

On another note, I'll probably be doing another NCAA online dynasty if anyone is interested. I'm open to suggestions as to the team requirements, but I'm leaning towards returning to a conference dynasty rather than last year's 3-star and under.

Sorry again about the screw-up on last year's dynasty, would I be welcome to join again this year?

Always.

As for the ideas, I'm not a fan of custom conference dynasties for whatever reason. And will probably pass on a Big Ten dynasty, as I always play as Ohio State, so usually try to mix it up a little, and couldn't bring myself to pick another Big Ten team in my own dynasty. I'd have no problem with SEC, ACC, or PAC12 so we'd have a championship game. Or could do a conference vs. conference type thing with half the people in 1 conference & half in another. That idea could make for some competitive conference races, conference championship games, and potentially matchups for the national title or other BCS games.

I may also do a smaller secondary dynasty that would be limited to only people wanting to play quickly and many seasons, where we all start as 1-2 star coordinators and work our way up to use the coaching carousel and contracts, etc.

Always.

As for the ideas, I'm not a fan of custom conference dynasties for whatever reason. And will probably pass on a Big Ten dynasty, as I always play as Ohio State, so usually try to mix it up a little, and couldn't bring myself to pick another Big Ten team in my own dynasty. I'd have no problem with SEC, ACC, or PAC12 so we'd have a championship game. Or could do a conference vs. conference type thing with half the people in 1 conference & half in another. That idea could make for some competitive conference races, conference championship games, and potentially matchups for the national title or other BCS games.

I may also do a smaller secondary dynasty that would be limited to only people wanting to play quickly and many seasons, where we all start as 1-2 star coordinators and work our way up to use the coaching carousel and contracts, etc.

I liked the ACC dynasty, but I'd really be interested in a PAC 12. You should convince Markley to take a mid-level team though, he's just so much better than the rest of us!

And I'd be in for the coordinator dynasty too, going 2 or 3 games every couple days we could make that quite interesting.

Another thing I was thinking of doing, if anyone else is more of a hardcore sim fan, is running an online dynasty where you play exclusively from your PC except user games and bowl games, supersim coaching the rest and doing all your recruiting and the like on the CPU.

I was considering doing what I did a couple of years back for team selection. Get a group that wants to play, then randomly choose the order for picking teams so that way everyone has an equal chance of getting the top team or the team they want.

I was considering doing what I did a couple of years back for team selection. Get a group that wants to play, then randomly choose the order for picking teams so that way everyone has an equal chance of getting the top team or the team they want.

I like that. I've looked through the team ratings and I would be fine with any of the three conferences you mentioned- SEC would probably be my third choice because I think it would be nigh impossible for the guys who get the last few picks to rise up and trouble the 6 star teams.

It'd be cooler instead if we had no option on the team. So something picks them for us so no one can say.... all man he had first pick.

Having a blast with NCAA 12 so far although I'm staying away from Dynasty until the named rosters come out, but Road to Glory is a lot better than it was last year with an almost 2k-like RPG feel to increasing stats and stuff.

Can't wait for the named rosters to hit, the coaching carousel looks like a lot of fun.

Anybody know how I can go about getting the named rosters for PS3?

They're not out yet. Check the link earlier in this thread for Operation Sports they'll have them when they're out.

thanks

Here are some http://www.pastapadre.com/2011/07/12/ncaa-football-12-named-rosters-available-now-for-ps3

Anyone else find passing difficult this year? Seems like anything over the middle will get batted down bot a 5'10 Wilt Chamberlain. When I have a receiver open the ball is overthrown and most teams have Revis playing CB for them. Not to mention that if a defender gets within a yard of the QB you might as well forget about making a pass, even if you've already started the motion.

Here are some http://www.pastapadre.com/2011/07/12/ncaa-football-12-named-rosters-available-now-for-ps3

Anyone else find passing difficult this year? Seems like anything over the middle will get batted down bot a 5'10 Wilt Chamberlain. When I have a receiver open the ball is overthrown and most teams have Revis playing CB for them. Not to mention that if a defender gets within a yard of the QB you might as well forget about making a pass, even if you've already started the motion.

Ive had some success throwing over the middle, but the corners HATE me like I killed there mothers.

Running game seems improved though.

Ive had some success throwing over the middle, but the corners HATE me like I killed there mothers.

Running game seems improved though.

Yeah, I've been able to run just fine. Passing use to be my strong suit but I just can't seem to get enough time in the pocket and when I do it is batted down, overthrown, or intercepted. Very frustrating.

Yeah, I've been able to run just fine. Passing use to be my strong suit but I just can't seem to get enough time in the pocket and when I do it is batted down, overthrown, or intercepted. Very frustrating.

I run Ore St off (don't ask me why, I don't know) and they are very run-skewed so I've been having some great games. As one star CCSU took Tenn to OT and beat UConn.

Archived