WWF 1989: Hulkamania vs. Steroids

http://imageshack.us/m/684/2140/wwfb.jpg

Generally WrestleMania VI on April 1, 1990, is acknowledged as the end of the 1980s wrestling boom. The event saw the last wrestling appearance of Andre the Giant (as a member of the Colossal Connection), who had become barely mobile in the ring due to his real life condition, and his parting way with long-time manager Bobby Heenan. One last time, Nikolai Volkoff (then part of The Bolsheviks) played his standard part as the evil Soviet Russian before turning face and embracing America, reflecting the end of the Cold War.

The main event not only pitted the WWF's two greatest faces against each other but was intended as the passing of the torch from Hogan, the star of the 1980s, to The Ultimate Warrior, who was immensely popular and considered Hogan's successor. Hogan's clean pin fall loss (another first) signaled the end of an era. However, the Warrior did not live up to expectations and Hogan lingered on in the WWF for the next three years, winning the title three times more.

By 1992, allegations of anabolic steroid abuse and sexual harassment were harming the promotion's family-friendly image.

- Wikipedia

Notes:

- There is no real backstory to this, no user character, just me booking the shows and them being presented as if written by a website (newsletter?). One of the biggest things about this dynasty will be my unfamiliarity with what happened previously to September 1989, so in a Cornellverse-like way I'll fill in the blanks myself.

- I also don't want to be a fortune teller. No signing guys like Steve Austin and mega pushing them right away, I will try to limit myself to only signing established stars or overly menacing, charismatic workers.

- On that note, remember that this is the 80's (Very late 80's, but still). Rock n' Wrestling is in full effect and pushes will be based entirely off of Superstar Look and Charisma. In-Ring ability will be almost entirely overlooked, but also guys won't be buried just for being talented.

- I won't be making the jump to monthly PPV's right away either, at least in presentation. The four PPV's that I will build around are Royal Rumble, Wrestlemania, Summerslam, and Survivor Series. However in the other 8 months there will be a Saturday Night's Main Event that is presented as being a TV show, but in game is booked as a PPV to keep up finances.

- I've been planning this for some time and have the first few months worth of storylines, at least until Survivor Series fleshed out. For a couple of days I considered just doing a regular game instead of a dynasty but I changed my mind today largely due to Macho Man's death (R.I.P. Legend :(). For whatever reason I'm inspired to write 80's wrestling and kind of see how my storylines are received by other people. Like I said, there's no backstory to this so everything will begin with...

WWF Primetime Wrestling

Big Bossman vs. Hulk Hogan - Non-Title Match

Roddy Piper vs. Virgil

The Ultimate Warrior © vs. Bad News Brown - WWF Intercontinental Championship

The Fabulous Rougeau Brothers vs. The Rockers

Mr. Perfect vs. The Brooklyn Brawler

Looking forward to this one!

Big Bossman vs. Hulk Hogan - Non-Title Match

Roddy Piper vs. Virgil

The Ultimate Warrior © vs. Bad News Brown - WWF Intercontinental Championship

The Fabulous Rougeau Brothers vs. The Rockers

Mr. Perfect vs. The Brooklyn Brawler

<p>WWF Primetime Wrestling</p><p>

Big Bossman vs. <strong>Hulk Hogan</strong> - Non-Title Match</p><p>

<strong>Roddy Piper</strong> vs. Virgil</p><p>

<strong>The Ultimate Warrior ©</strong> vs. Bad News Brown - WWF Intercontinental Championship</p><p>

The Fabulous Rougeau Brothers vs. <strong>The Rockers</strong></p><p>

<strong>Mr. Perfect </strong>vs. The Brooklyn Brawler</p>

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p>Looking forward to this one!</p><p> </p><p>

Big Bossman vs. <strong>Hulk Hogan</strong> - Non-Title Match</p><p>

<em>Bossman will put in a good showing until Hogan Hulks Up. Big Boot - Legdrop and another win for the Immortal.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<em>Piper wins but the Million Dollar Man gets the last laugh.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>The Ultimate Warrior ©</strong> vs. Bad News Brown - WWF Intercontinental Championship</p><p>

<em>Bad News Brown will be forced to travel to the depths of the universe known to the mortals as Parts Unknown. There he shall be tortured by the power that is the Ultimate Warrior and he shall know DEFEAT!</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>The Fabulous Rougeau Brothers</strong> vs. The Rockers</p><p>

<em>I wavered back and forth on this one. In the end, I chose the Rougeaus to move toward the split of the Rockers and something about a plate glass window comes to mind.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Mr. Perfect</strong> vs. The Brooklyn Brawler</p><p>

<em>There is no other choice. Why? Because Curt is what he says he is: absolutely perfect.</em></p></div><p></p><p></p>

<p>Big Bossman vs. <strong>Hulk Hogan</strong> - Non-Title Match</p><p>

<strong>The Ultimate Warrior</strong> © vs. Bad News Brown - WWF Intercontinental Championship</p><p>

Mr. Perfect vs. <strong>The Brooklyn Brawler</strong></p>

Guest tylerj19

<p>Count me in.</p><p> </p><p>

Big Bossman vs. <strong>Hulk Hogan</strong></p><p>

<strong>The Ultimate Warrior</strong> © vs. Bad News Brown</p><p>

<strong>Mr. Perfect</strong> vs. The Brooklyn Brawler</p>

<p>Big Bossman vs. <strong>Hulk Hogan</strong> - Non-Title Match</p><p>

<strong>The Ultimate Warrior</strong> © vs. Bad News Brown - WWF Intercontinental Championship</p><p>

<strong>Mr. Perfect</strong> vs. The Brooklyn Brawler</p><p> </p><p>

Looks great. Love this time period.</p>

<p>Can't wait to see where you go with this. Very star studded episode of Primetime.</p><p>

WWF Primetime Wrestling</p><p>

Big Bossman vs. <strong>Hulk Hogan</strong> - Non-Title Match </p><p>

Hogan losing on TV never in a Million years.</p><p>

Virgil couldnt get a win if piper got ethered before the matchj.</p><p>

No title switch today not without astoryline brewing although I do love me some Bad News.</p><p>

Hardest match to predict but I gotta go with the Rockers. SLow build then slow descent.</p><p>

<strong>Mr. Perfect</strong> vs. The Brooklyn Brawler</p><p>

NEVER EVER EVER EVER he is Perfect and the Brawler is just well the Brawler</p>

<p><em>Thanks for all the comments guys, I'm having a lot of fun with this so far! Feedback and mistakes are always welcomed.</em></p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://imageshack.us/m/219/250/primetimewrestling.jpg</span><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><strong>WWF Primetime Wrestling</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><em>Airing on the USA Network, Monday Week 1 1989</em></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><em> Live from Boardwalk Hall, New Jersey in front of (SOLD OUT) 10,000 fans!</em></span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><strong>UN-AIRED MATCHES</strong></span></p></div><p></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> Andre The Giant def. Barry Horowits in 4 minutes with a Bear Hug. </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><strong>(B-)</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> Dusty Rhodes def. Dino Bravo in 6 minutes with a Figure Four Leglock </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><strong>©</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><strong>MAIN CARD</strong></span></p></div><p></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> - Jesse Ventura, Vince McMahon, and Bobby Heenan took the time to welcome everyone to the show and hype up the main event; a non-title match between WWF Champion Hulk Hogan and former prison guard Big Bossman. McMahon also pointed out that Hogan doesn’t have an opponent for next weekends edition of Saturday Night’s Main Event, so plenty of superstars will be attempting to impress WWF President Jack Tunney for an opportunity to challenge Hogan for the gold.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><span style="color:#0000FF;"><em>“Hulk Hogan doesn’t have an opponent for Saturday Night’s Main Event ladies and gentlemen”</em></span></span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> Vince informed the viewers, </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><span style="color:#0000FF;"><em>“it’s anyone’s spot to take! Who wants to step up and take a shot at Hulkamania?”</em></span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> - We then went to the backstage area for the first time of the night where Rick Martel was standing by with WWF Interviewer “Mean” Gene Okerlund. Martel, adorned in a Canadian flag spent the interview taking shots at America and proclaiming Canada as the greatest country in the world. He ended the interview by laying down a challenge for any American to meet him in a match the following week on Primetime Wrestling!</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><span style="color:#FF0000;"><em>“May thy glory of Canada be with you pitiful Americans”</em></span></span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> Martel sneered, </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><em><span style="color:#FF0000;">“I can defeat any of the American wrestlers in the World Wrestling Federation, and I will prove it next week. Any American who wants to step in the ring with me, step up next week and I will prove my point!”</span></em></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span><span>http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i468/Rancid_Radio/th_curthennig3.jpg?t=1306041538</span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> v. </span><span>http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i468/Rancid_Radio/th_SteveLombardi.jpg?t=1306041538</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><strong>Mr. Perfect</strong></span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> vs. </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><strong>The Brooklyn Brawler</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> Mr. Perfect is a star on the rise, the former AWA Heavyweight Champion has been extremely impressive since making the jump to the big leagues of the WWF. The Brooklyn Brawler is the WWF’s designated gatekeeper for young stars to prove themselves against, and Mr. Perfect took the time to do just that. A dominant performance was turned in by Perfect as he spent the better part of the match locking the Brawler in an assortment of painful submission holds. After about 6 minutes, Perfect connected on his signature PerfectPlex for the pinfall victory.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><span style="color:#FF0000;"><em>“Mr. Perfect is a force to be reckoned with in the WWF”</em></span></span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> Bobby Heenan gushed about his Heenan Family member, </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><span style="color:#FF0000;"><em>“mark my words, that man will be WWF Champion before his career is done!”</em></span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> Mr. Perfect defeated The Brooklyn Brawler by pinfall in 6 minutes. </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><strong>(C-)</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> - The boo birds were out in full effect as the camera’s revealed “Macho Man” Randy Savage walking backstage hand-in-hand with Sensational Sherry. After a few seconds the couple bumped into a man that was greeted with loud approval from the fans in the background, Jake “The Snake” Roberts! With Damien the Python conspicuously absent, Roberts hardly even noticed the “Macho Man” as he laced up his boots. Savage seemingly unhappy with his presence being ignored goaded Roberts and called him several mean names including “hack” and “freak”. Roberts turned his attention to Savage and responded with a challenge to meet him in the ring at Saturday Night’s Main Event! Savage accepted the challenge before Damien the Python emerged down the hallway, a clearly frightened Savage quickly scurried away from the scene.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><span style="color:#FF0000;"><em>“Ooohhh yeahh! I’ll see you next weekend at the Main Event duuuuude!”</em></span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span><span>http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i468/Rancid_Radio/th_jacquesrougeau2.jpg?t=1306041538</span><span>http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i468/Rancid_Radio/th_raymondrougeau.jpg?t=1306041538</span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> v. </span><span>http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i468/Rancid_Radio/th_shawnmichaels6.jpg?t=1306041538</span><span>http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i468/Rancid_Radio/th_martyjannetty7.jpg?t=1306041538</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><strong>The Fabulous Rougeau Brothers</strong></span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> vs. </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><strong>The Rockers</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> Shawn Michaels and Marty Jannetty continue to prove themselves as one of the most exciting young tag-teams in the World Wrestling Federation, after a string of victories the young tandem has been named #1 Contenders to the WWF Tag Team titles currently held by The Brain busters (Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard). Meanwhile the Fabulous Rougeau Brothers have quietly established themselves as one of the most dangerous tandems in the WWF. This was an evenly contested match throughout, until the Rougeau Brothers took control and managed to keep Marty Jannetty from tagging his partner for some time. Finally Jannetty managed to get to his corner after a dropkick and tag in Shawn Michaels just as Raymond Rougeau was tagged in, Michaels quickly went to work showcasing his abilities with a flying forearm to take Raymond down. Jacques looked like he was going to attempt to enter the ring and attack, but Michaels knocked him off the apron with a running forearm.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> Michaels began to tune up the band for his signature Sweet Chin Music finisher, but Jacques Rougeau grabbed his leg to prevent him from hitting the move. Raymond climbed to his feet and bullrushed Michaels only to miss as Michaels pulled himself free and rolled under Rougeau’s attempted clothesline. Michaels then landed the Sweet Chin Music perfectly and went for the pin. Jacques tried to break up the fall but Marty Jannetty had come around to his side of the ring and kept him occupied while the referee counted the pinfall and an impressive victory for the #1 Contenders to the WWF Tag Team Titles.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><span style="color:#0000FF;"><em>“Watch out for the Rockers ladies and gentlemen!”</em></span></span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> Vince McMahon said, </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><em><span style="color:#0000FF;">“these two young men are the hottest tag team in wrestling and the Brainbusters are in serious danger of losing their title belts at Saturday Night’s Main Event!”</span></em></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> The Rockers defeated The Fabulous Rougeau Brothers by pinfall in 10 minutes. </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><strong>(C+)</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> - After the hardfought victory The Rockers hardly had any time to celebrate as the WWF World Tag Team Champions quickly hit the ring. The Brainbusters easily overwhelmed the tired and worn out #1 Contenders and beat them down in the ring. Arn and Tully then connected a brutal Spike Piledriver on both men before leaving with the belts held high, after sending a message to their Saturday Night’s Main Event opponents.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><span style="color:#FF0000;"><em>“That is why these two hold the gold!”</em></span></span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> Jesse Ventura proclaimed, </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><span style="color:#FF0000;"><em>“never give your biggest threat a chance to rest. The Rockers better each sleep with one eye open, because The Brainbusters have no intentions of dropping those title belts anytime soon!”</em></span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> - Backstage with the WWF Intercontinental Champion, The Ultimate Warrior.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><span style="color:#0000FF;"><strong><em>“bad news, bad news, bad news… BAD NEWS FOR YOU! TONIGHT ALL OF THE WARRIORS WILL RIDE THE FOUR HORSEMEN OF THE APOCALYPSE INTO BATTLE! UNDERSTAND THAT THE INTERCONTINENTAL WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP CANNOT BE HELD BY JUST ONE MAN, BUT BY THE MILLIONS AND MILLIONS OF WARRIORS AROUND THE WORLD! WHEN THE PLANETS ALIGN AND THE MOON IS FULL AS A SETTING SUN, FINALLY THE WARRIORS ARE ABLE TO COME TOGETHER AS ONE AND VICTORY IS THE ONLY FEELING KNOWN!”</em></strong></span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> Warrior stopped only to snarl and grunt before pacing back-and-forth repeating to himself;</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><span style="color:#0000FF;"><em>“bad news, bad news, bad news…”</em></span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span><span>http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i468/Rancid_Radio/th_ultimatewarrior.jpg?t=1306041538</span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> v. </span><span>http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i468/Rancid_Radio/th_badnewsbrown.jpg?t=1306041538</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><strong>The Ultimate Warrior ©</strong></span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> vs. </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><strong>Bad News Brown</strong></span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> - </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><strong>WWF Intercontinental Championship</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> The Intercontinental stormed down to the ring like a man on a mission, shaking the ropes repeatedly like a madman The Ultimate Warrior quickly intimidated his unheralded challenger. Warrior was like a human blitzkrieg this match, laying into Bad News Brown with an assortment of high impact slams and suplexes, also finding time to play up to the crowd and shake the ropes. Brown attempted to mount a comeback, but as he bounces Warrior off the ropes with an irish whip, Warrior came charging into him with a sickening thud off a shoulder block. From there the finish was academic as The Warrior lifted Brown into the air and dropped him with a press slam before landing his signature Splash and wrapping up a successful title defense.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><span style="color:#0000FF;"><em>“Can anyone stop this man?”</em></span></span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> Vince McMahon wondered aloud, </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><span style="color:#0000FF;"><em>“Before long The Ultimate Warrior may become a threat to Hogan’s Championship, this man is something else!”</em></span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> The Ultimate Warrior defeats Bad News Brown by pinfall in 10 minutes to </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><strong>retain </strong></span><span style="font-family:Verdana;">the </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><strong>WWF Intercontinental Championship</strong></span><span style="font-family:Verdana;">. </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><strong>©</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> - Backstage we saw Rick Rude watching the finish of the previous match and looking thoroughly unimpressed with the Intercontinental Champion. Just as Rude turned his attention away from the screen, “Mean” Gene Okerlund rushed over for an interview with “Ravishing”. Rude went on a rant about how much better looking and more talented he is than The Ultimate Warrior and more deserving of the Intercontinental Championship.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><span style="color:#FF0000;"><em>“I’m the man with the bigger arms than Hulk Hogan”</em></span></span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> Rude bragged (or fibbed), </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><span style="color:#FF0000;"><em>“I’m the best looking man in the World Wrestling Federation, and I deserve a shot at The Warrior’s Intercontinental Title, because that gold would look… OH SO GOOD on me!”</em></span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> Suddenly the two were interrupted by the surprising arrival of WWF President Jack Tunney!</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><span style="color:#0000FF;"><em>“It’s funny that you should ask for a shot at the Intercontinental Championship Rick, because I have big news regarding a match at Saturday Night’s Main Event.”</em></span></span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> Tunney interrupted, Rude looked pleased at where this was going, </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><span style="color:#0000FF;"><em>“at Saturday Night’s Main Event, there will not be an Intercontinental Championship match. Instead there will be a 10-Man Battle Royal to determine the #1 Contender for the Intercontinental Championship. And Rick, you’re in that match!”</em></span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> - In the parking lot, WWF World Champion Hulk Hogan was shown arriving in the arena from earlier in the day. Hogan, with the World Championship firmly around his waist, stopped to sign several autographs for some lucky young fans but was clearly focused on his showdown later in the night with the Big Bossman.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><span style="color:#0000FF;"><em>“Hulkamania is in the building!”</em></span></span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> Vince McMahon announced, </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><span style="color:#0000FF;"><em>“It’s always a huge pleasure to see the World Champion stepping into the ring on free television, and you know all the fans in this building will be going wild for tonight’s main event!”</em></span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span><span>http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i468/Rancid_Radio/th_roddypiper2.jpg?t=1306041538</span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> v. </span><span>http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i468/Rancid_Radio/th_virigil3.jpg?t=1306041538</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><strong>Roddy Piper</strong></span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> vs. </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><strong>Virgil</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> Piper was greeted with raucous applause from the fans while Virgil was jeered and booed loudly, but in Virgil’s defense most of this was aimed at the man who accompanied him down to the ring; “The Million Dollar Man” Ted DiBiase. Before the match began DiBiase attempted to conspicuously bribe the referee, at first the referee led him to believe he would accept the bribe but then ejected DiBiase from ringside! A shocked DiBiase had to be forced away by a security team however, and finally the match was underway.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> Piper went right to work on Virgil, working him over with his signature “dirty” maneuvers, such as raking the eyes and turning the referees attention to something else before landing a low blow. “Hot Rod” is probably the only man in wrestling capable of being cheered for these acts. Virgil didn’t go down without a fight however and mounted several rallies that had Piper on his heels, however in the end Piper managed to lock on the Sleeper Hold and put Virgil to sleep to pick up the victory!</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><em><span style="color:#0000FF;">“And “Rowdy” Roddy Piper puts Virgil to sleep!”</span></em></span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> McMahon said, </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><span style="color:#0000FF;"><em>“very impressive victory by the proud Scotsman!”</em></span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> Roddy Piper defeats Virgil by pinfall in 12 minutes. </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><strong>(C+)</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> - Piper took some time to celebrate with the fans for a moment before grabbing a microphone, at this point Ted DiBiase had returned to the top of the ramp. Piper took some time to taunt DiBiase and Virgil for a moment before making a huge announcement for next week’s Primetime Wrestling!</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><span style="color:#0000FF;"><em>“Teddy, me and you need to get to know each other a little better”</em></span></span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> Piper quipped, </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><span style="color:#0000FF;"><em>“so next week, right here on Primetime Wrestling… Piper’s Pit with “The Million Dollar Man” Ted DiBiase, ya‘ don‘t wanna miss this folks!”</em></span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> - Finally, the WWF World Champion was shown backstage with “Mean” Gene Okerlund! Hulkamania was in full effect as the fans made a massive reaction in the background at the sight of “The Hulkster”!</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><span style="color:#0000FF;"><em>“Oh dude, I may not be out there in front of them yet but I can already hear the thousands of Hulkamaniacs out there going wild brother! Let me tell ya’ brother, even when the gold isn’t on the line every match is the biggest match ya ever been in, and tonight my biggest opponent ever is the Big Boss Man dude! But I got no problem facing any man in that ring, because I got the one thing that no one else does brother, Hulkamania! So Big Boss Man, whatcha gonna do? WHATCHA GONNA DO!? When Hulkamania runs wild on you brother!”</em></span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span><span>http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i468/Rancid_Radio/th_hulkhogan5.jpg?t=1306041538</span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> v. </span><span>http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i468/Rancid_Radio/th_bigbossman3.jpg?t=1306041538</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><strong>WWF Champion Hulk Hogan</strong></span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> vs. </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><strong>Big Boss Man</strong></span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> - </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><strong>NonTitle Match</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> As you can imagine, Hogan was received by a massive ovation from the fans when his music hit and the WWF Champion came down to the ring. Big Boss Man isn’t among the most respected superstars in the World Wrestling Federation, but it was clear he understood the opportunity he had by the focus in his eyes. Hogan controlled the early moments of this match after winning a test of strength and slamming Boss Man onto his back. Hogan tried to end things quickly by going for his signature Leg Drop right there, but Boss Man managed to roll out of the way. Boss Man took advantage of the downed Hogan by attacking him with a barrage of punches, apparently attempting to turn the match into a street fight of sorts. Boss Man managed to suplex Hogan onto his back before climbing to the top ropes.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> Ignoring the referees demands that he climb down, Boss Man leaped from the ropes for a spectacular diving head butt that landed, and it looked like we were in store for a massive upset! However, Hogan managed to get his shoulder up just as it looked like Boss Man would pick up the win. Boss Man took some time to berate the referee for what he thought was a slow count, but that allowed Hogan the time to clamber back to his feet. Boss Man rushed over to Hogan and landed a punch, however Hogan shook it off and stared Boss Man down! Boss Man threw another punch, but again Hogan shook it off, wagging his finger at Boss man to let him know that he made a big mistake.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> Boss Man then attempted a clothesline but Hogan ducked under it and big booted Boss Man to the mat, sending the fans into a frenzy as they knew exactly what comes next. Hogan bounced off the ropes before landing his devastating finishing maneuver, the Diving Leg Drop and the referee could’ve counted to fifty as the World Champion picked up the victory!</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><span style="color:#0000FF;"><em>“And Hulkamania runs wilder than ever here tonight!”</em></span></span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> shouted Vince McMahon, </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><em><span style="color:#0000FF;">“the WWF Champion is on the top of his game, but the question remains: who will face Hogan for the title at Saturday Night’s Main Event?”</span></em></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> Hulk Hogan defeated Big Boss Man by pinfall in 20 minutes. </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><strong>(B)</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> - Hogan climbed out of the ring and grabbed his WWF World Championship and began to celebrate in the ring, much to the fans delight. Ventura and Heenan went on at ringside about wrestlers they knew who could take the title from Hogan, and criticized Hogan for facing “scrubs” like Boss Man. Suddenly though, the lights in the arena went out leaving the entire arena in darkness. Several fans screamed in shock, and no one seemed to understand what was going on.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><em><span style="color:#0000FF;">“We seem to be having some technical difficulties ladies and gentlemen, but either way this is all the time we have we’ll see you next week on Primetim-”</span></em></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><em><span style="color:#0000FF;"> </span></em></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> And just like that the lights came back on and the crowd sat in stunned silence at what they saw. Hulk Hogan lying flat on his back in the center of the ring, unconscious and the WWF Championship nowhere to be seen.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><span style="color:#0000FF;"><em>“What the? WHAT THE HECK!? “The Hulkster” is down!”</em></span></span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> shouted a stunned McMahon, </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><em><span style="color:#0000FF;">“who did this? And where is the WWF Championship!?”</span></em></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> Overall Rating: </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><strong>B</strong></span></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="31264" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>WWF Primetime Wrestling Recap:</strong><p> Hulk Hogan def. Big Boss Man</p><p> Roddy Piper def. Virgil</p><p> The Ultimate Warrior © def. Bad News Brown to retain Intercontinental Championship</p><p> The Rockers def. The Fabulous Rougeau Brothers</p><p> Mr. Perfect def. The Brooklyn Brawler</p></div></blockquote>

- Weekly Recap -

- AWA All-Star Wrestling was held on Monday in front of 5,000 fans in the San Diego Municipal Auditorium. The card drew a B- rating and was headlined by Jimmy Snuka and Baron Von Raschke defeating Larry Zbyszko and Sgt. Slaughter in a B+ rated match.

- The WWF released several workers and staff including Akeem (One Man Gang), Paul Roma, Terry Taylor, Fred Ottman, Jim Taylor, Jim Powers, Tony Schiavone, Danny Davis, Chief Jay Strongbow, Jerry Brisco, Sean Mooney, and The Fabulous Moolah.

- Keith Hart became the new head booker for Calgary Stampede Wrestling.

- The WWF bought the Universal Wrestling Federation (UWF) and plan to use the company to help build up future WWF stars. The WWF has signed Buck Zumhofe as their first “developmental” worker and have also signed Ricky Steamboat in a training role for the company.

- NWA Worldwide was held at the Frankfort Center in Kentucky in front of 5,000 fans. The B- card was headlined by Terry Funk and Sid Vicious defeating Scott Steiner and Terry Hayes in a B rated match.

- AWA’s WrestleNation PPV drew a respectable .47 buyrate and a sold out 10,000 fans in the Kansas Municipal Auditorium, but was a largely disappointing card evidenced by the lackluster C rating. The Main Event was the big letdown as Larry Zbyszko defended his AWA World Championship against Pat Tanaka in a poor C- rated match.

- Four title changes took place this week. The vacant WCCW Six-Man Tag Titles were claimed on WCCW TV by Jeff Jarrett, Chris Adams and Brian Lee as they defeated Robert Gibson, Bill Dundee, and Robert Fuller. Miguel Perez Jr. and the Tonga Kid claimed the vacant WWC Tag Titles as they defeated Ricky Santana and Brian Lee at WWC Ring Wars.

CMLL Sin Limite de Tiempe saw two major vacant titles captured as Pirata Morgan defeated El Hijo del Santo for the CMLL World Title and Vampiro captured the World Light Heavyweight Championship against Cien Caras

- WWF Primetime Wrestling dominated the ratings “war” with AWA All-Star Wrestling and NWA Worldwide. Primetime Wrestling drew a 2.99 rating on the USA Network, All-Star Wrestling managed 0.57 in their evening slot on ESPN and NWA Worldwide had a 0.81 rating on TBS.

- The WWF has released the official card for Monday’s Primetime Wrestling, the last show before next weekend’s Saturday Night’s Main Event!

Randy Savage vs. Brutus Beefcake

Shawn Michaels vs. Tully Blanchard

Rick Martel vs. Hacksaw Jim Duggan

Marty Jannetty vs. Arn Anderson

The Hart Foundation vs. The Bushwackers

Also will the mystery man who attacked Hulk Hogan be revealed? Jack Tunney will host a random drawing to determine Hogan’s opponent at Saturday Night’s Main Event! And Piper’s Pit with “The Million Dollar Man” Ted DiBiase!

Wow - seriously awesome first show, I'm hooked already!

Thanks a lot man, this has been a lot of fun to write so far.

This post is just to point out that TV cards will be way easy to predict a lot of the time, because this is before World Title matches were on free TV regularly. I'll do my best to make the SNME and PPV cards a lot more challenging.

Next card will go up tomorrow or the day after, I've gotten most of it written already.

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://imageshack.us/m/219/250/primetimewrestling.jpg</span><p> <span style="font-family:Verdana;"><strong>WWF Primetime Wrestling</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><em>Airing on the USA Network, Monday Week 2 September, 1989</em></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><em> Live from Hersheypark Arena, Pennsylvania in front of 9,692 fans!</em></span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><strong>UN-AIRED MATCHES</strong></span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> Earthquake defeated Barry Horowitz in 3:41 by pinfall with an Earthquake Splash. </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><strong>(C+)</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> Tito Santana defeated Greg Valentine in 7:49 by pinfall with a Flying Forearm. </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><strong>(B)</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><strong>MAIN CARD</strong></span></p></div><p></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> - The show began with footage of the ending of last week’s episode of Primetime Wrestling, the stunning attack on WWF Champion Hulk Hogan. Vince McMahon, Jesse Ventura, and Bobby Heenan took time to speculate on who was responsible for the attack, with Heenan making sure to make clear that The Heenan Family had nothing to do with the attack. Vince ended the debate by claiming only time will tell who the attacker is and what his motives are for attacking the “Hulkster” and also pointing out that the WWF Championship is still missing following the attack.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><span style="color:#0000FF;"><em>“The WWF Championship is nowhere to be found ladies and gentlemen”</em></span></span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> Vince informed the viewers, </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><span style="color:#0000FF;"><em>“and Hulk Hogan is currently at his home due to a concussion suffered during last week’s heinous assault, so unfortunately he will not be appearing tonight.”</em></span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> - From one somber scene to the next, WWF fans were then treated to a message from WWF President Jack Tunney standing at a podium in the ring to inform viewers that the WWF is conducting an extensive internal search on who was responsible for the attack on WWF Champion Hulk Hogan. Tunney informs viewers that progress is being made and that the identity of the attacker will be exposed eventually, before threatening the guilty to turn themselves in or face the consequences.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><span style="color:#0000FF;"><em>“Make no mistake ladies and gentlemen, this man will be apprehended”</em></span></span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> Tunney warned, </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><span style="color:#0000FF;"><em>“and he will face the consequences of his actions. But in the meantime, on behalf of everyone in the WWF I would like to give my condolences to Hogan and I hope everyone enjoys tonight’s show!”</em></span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span><span>http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i468/Rancid_Radio/th_Butch.jpg?t=1306193869</span><span>http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i468/Rancid_Radio/th_Luke.jpg?t=1306193869</span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> v. </span><span>http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i468/Rancid_Radio/th_brethart5.jpg?t=1306193869</span><span>http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i468/Rancid_Radio/th_jimneidhart2.jpg?t=1306193869</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><strong>The Bushwackers</strong></span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> vs. </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><strong>The Hart Foundation</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> Two talented fan favorite tag teams squared off in the Primetime Wrestling opener, but from the start it was The Hart Foundation in control. The tandem of Bret Hart and Jim Neidhart made a solid claim to deserving a Tag Team title shot after The Rockers, as they showcased their formidable balance of Neidhart’s overwhelming power and Hart’s technical prowess. The Canadian duo won in dominant fashion after Bret Hart forced Bushwacker Luke to submit to the Sharpshooter submission.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><span style="color:#0000FF;"><em>“An impressive performance by the Hart Foundation”</em></span></span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> Vince McMahon stated, </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><span style="color:#0000FF;"><em>“these guys are a real force in the tag team division!”</em></span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> The Hart Foundation defeated The Bushwackers in 8:23 when Bret Hart defeated Bushwacker Luke by submission with a Sharpshooter. </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><strong>©</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> - Backstage following the last match the Hart Foundation were shown arriving in the backstage area after the impressive victory, they were met by the unwelcome presence of Rick Martel. With the Canadian flag draped around his shoulders, Martel took some time to congratulate the Hart Foundation on the impressive win and also informing them that their Canadian heritage is the source of their abilities, before making an offer for them to join up with him to form a Canadian tandem to rule the WWF.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><span style="color:#FF0000;"><em>“This is a once in a lifetime opportunity my friends, eh?”</em></span></span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> Martel offered, </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><span style="color:#FF0000;"><em>“I believe that we three Canadian superstars are the finest that the World Wrestling Federation has to offer, it only makes sense to work together.”</em></span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> - From one ego to the next, the scene cut away to the interview area with “Mean” Gene Okerlund and Mr. Perfect. Okerlund asked Mr. Perfect if he intended to compete at Saturday Night’s Main Event this weekend, as he doesn’t have a match. Mr. Perfect went on a rant about how his slate was clean for the weekend because everyone in the WWF is afraid to meet him in the ring. Perfect then laid down an open challenge for anyone man enough to meet him in the ring at Saturday Night’s Main Event.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><span style="color:#FF0000;"><em>“I want to send a message to the World Wrestling Federation, I’m the man in this company and I’m wrestling anyone man enough to show up at Saturday Night’s Main Event. I’ll see you there, and I’ll be leaving victorious because I am what I say I am, and I say that I’m absolutely… perfect!”</em></span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span><span>http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i468/Rancid_Radio/th_arnanderson3.jpg?t=1306194075</span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> v. </span><span>http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i468/Rancid_Radio/th_martyjannetty7.jpg?t=1306194075</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><strong>Arn Anderson</strong></span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> vs. </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><strong>Marty Jannetty</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> The first of two matches between the Tag Team Title opponents at Saturday Night’s Main Event and these two went all out to steal the show in what was a great match the referee’s first order of business was to eject each man’s partner from ringside to ensure a fair match. The grizzled veteran Anderson controlled the early parts of the match as he used less than conventional tactics to stop Jannetty from gaining momentum (such as raking the eyes!). However, Jannetty mounted a comeback and showcased some of the high flying moves that have made The Rockers such a hot commodity.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> Anderson however swung the momentum back in his favor as he knocked his physically weaker opponent on his back with a big clothesline. Jannetty took some time to come to, but when he did he was met with a devastating Spinebuster courtesy of the co-Tag Team Champion and a pinfall defeat.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><span style="color:#FF0000;"><em>“Yes! Look at these ham’n eggers, they thought Jannetty had a chance”</em></span></span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> Bobby Heenan shouted triumphantly, </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><span style="color:#FF0000;"><em>“The Heenan Family will hold onto those Titles, mark my words!”</em></span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> Arn Anderson defeated Marty Jannetty in 12:07 by pinfall with a Spinebuster. </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><strong>(B)</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> - The night’s main event featured “Macho Man” Randy Savage against Brutus “The Barber” Beefcake in a high-profile free television match. Backstage the “Macho Man” was standing by “Mean” Gene Okerlund to hype up the showdown later in the night.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><span style="color:#FF0000;"><em>“Oohh yeeeah! Ya’ know “Mean” Gene, it’s like they say every dog has his day and tonight the “Macho Man” is gonna have another! Brutus Beefcake is a scrub as we all know and I’ll pin him in the ring, 1..2..3! Oohh yeeeah! Then I’m coming for you Hollywood Crulkster ‘cause I still got my eye on the gold always! Dig it!”</em></span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> Randy Savage ended the interview and attempted to walk away, but he was stopped by his opponent for Saturday Night’s Main Event, Jake “The Snake” Roberts! Roberts was greeted by big time cheers from the fans in the background, but once again Damien the Python was conspicuously absent from the scene.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><span style="color:#0000FF;"><em>“Randy, that’s a fantastic plan that you have laid out there pal, but you forgot one thing. You forgot about Saturday night, where I’m gonna smack you around the ring like a school child. Savage, I will take you to Hell and enjoy every second of it because it’s a second home to me. I just thought I’d let you know Savage, Saturday Night is the last night of your life… trust me… hehehe… trust me…”</em></span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> Roberts cackled in a slightly maniacal way before leaving a speechless Savage standing alone. That is, alone until Sensational Sherry came running and screaming down the hallway. Savage tried to ask what she was afraid of, but then he saw and he joined in the retreat.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><span style="color:#FF0000;"><em>“Oohhh nooo! It’s the snake, run!”</em></span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> - Rick Martel stood in the ring awaiting someone to answer his “American Open Challenge” that he laid down last week. After about half a minute Martel took the microphone and began to run down American wrestlers for being too cowardly to meet him man-to-man in the ring. However he was cut off quickly by a shout synonymous with American wrestling.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><span style="color:#0000FF;"><em>“Hooooooo!”</em></span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span><span>http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i468/Rancid_Radio/th_jimduggan3.jpg?t=1306194075</span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> v. </span><span>http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i468/Rancid_Radio/th_rickmartel5.jpg?t=1306194075</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><strong>Jim Duggan</strong></span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> vs. </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><strong>Rick Martel</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> Martel stood stunned in the ring as “Hacksaw” Jim Duggan charged down the entrance ramp 2x4 in hand and American pride in heart. Duggan tried to bring the 2x4 in the ring with him but the referee forced him to leave it at ringside and the match was underway. Duggan took over quickly with a series of furious right hands that rocked Martel before ****ing back and shouting </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><span style="color:#0000FF;"><em>“Hoooooo!”</em></span></span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> furiously to the fans who answered back in kind. Duggan dropped Martel flat on his back with a shoulder block but Martel quickly bounced back to his feet and took over the match with a hip toss.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> Martel immediately went on the attack, laying a barrage of boots into Duggan’s face before taunting the crowd by feigning singing the Star Spangled Banner. This almost cost him dearly as Duggan rolled him up with a school boy pin attempt but Martel managed to kick out at the last second. After some more back-and-forth action, Duggan seemed to be in control but as he irish whipped Martel into a corner he bumped into the referee knocking him down. Martel climbed out of the ring as Duggan attended to the fallen ref, but as he turned his attention back to his opponent he was met with a 2x4 to the skull. The referee recovered in time to see Martel pinning the out cold Duggan for a three count.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><span style="color:#FF0000;">“Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”</span></span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> Jesse Ventura told the viewers happily.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> Rick Martel defeated Hacksaw Jim Duggan in 14:06 by pinfall after blatantly cheating. </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><strong>(B-)</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> - After the match is over, it looked like Martel didn’t think he quite made his point as he locked on his signature Boston Crab on Duggan. Duggan screamed in agonizing pain for a couple of seconds before “The American Dream” Dusty Rhodes hit the ring! Martel quickly tried to bail out of the ring but Dusty caught him with a flurry of punches before clotheslining him over the top rope and sending the Canadian scurrying back up the entrance ramp promising revenge as Dusty danced in the ring to the delight of the fans.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><span style="color:#0000FF;"><em>“I think Martel may have a big problem ladies and gentlemen”</em></span></span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> Vince pondered, </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><span style="color:#0000FF;"><em>“Dusty Rhodes is certainly not a man that you want on your bad side!”</em></span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> - Rick Rude was shown backstage flirting with a random female employee, she seemed to be interested in him until snorts and unintelligible words were heard nearby and she scurried away quickly. Looking furious, Rude turned to find the hater player and he didn’t have to look far as he was almost nose-to-nose with Intercontinental Champion The Ultimate Warrior! The crowd greeted the warrior with huge applause in the background but Rude didn’t look pleased and warned The Warrior that he would win the Battle Royal at Saturday Night’s Main Event and then take his belt away, Warrior however didn’t seem to hear him.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><span style="color:#0000FF;"><strong><em>“YOU DO NOT THREATEN THE WARRIORS! LAST WEEK AS I TOOK UPON RAPTURE ON THE SOUL OF MY OPPONENTS I WAS TOLD BY THE WARRIORS THAT A MAN HAD DISRESPECTED THE FORCE OF THE WARRIORS! THAT MAN WAS YOU RICK RUDE! AND NOW I WARN YOU, IF YOUR INSOLENCE CONTINUES THEN YOUR SOUL WILL BE THE SACRIFICE THAT THE WARRIORS DEMAND!”</em></strong></span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> The Ultimate Warrior then stormed off snorting and snarling and leaving a stunned and speechless Rick Rude in his wake.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> - Now it was time for the big reveal, although Hulk Hogan wasn’t cleared to compete at this week’s Primetime Wrestling he had been given the go-ahead to defend his World Championship at this weekend’s edition of Saturday Night’s Main Event, however with no #1 Contender WWF President Jack Tunney decided to hold a random draw of everyone under contract with the WWF to determine Hogan’s challenger. After several tense seconds of shaking the slips of paper in a hat, Tunney finally revealed the man that would challenge Hogan.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><span style="color:#0000FF;"><em>“And Hulk Hogan’s challenger for the WWF Championship at Saturday Night’s Main Event is… Earthquake!”</em></span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> Several disappointed stars left Tunney’s office but the imposing figure of the massive Earthquake was then shown prominently on camera.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><span style="color:#0000FF;"><em>“Oh my!”</em></span></span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> Said a shocked Vince McMahon, </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><span style="color:#0000FF;"><em>“Hulk Hogan will be far from 100%, how can he possibly expect to beat the massive Earthquake?”</em></span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span><span>http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i468/Rancid_Radio/th_shawnmichaels6.jpg?t=1306194075</span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> v. </span><span>http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i468/Rancid_Radio/th_tullyblanchard.jpg?t=1306194075</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><strong>Shawn Michaels</strong></span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> vs. </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><strong>Tully Blanchard</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> Shawn Michaels has established a well-earned reputation for stealing the show, and he did just that again with this fantastic showdown in the second of the Tag Team Title opponents at Saturday Night’s Main Event. Michaels stormed out of the gate with some of the high impact offense he’s become famous for with a series of dropkicks and a flying cross body to catch Blanchard by surprise. Blanchard tried to fight back, but it was clear that the fast pace of the match had him out of his element and Michaels laid him out with a sensational spinning wheel kick to the face. The fans were red hot for the young star, until Blanchard managed to mount a comeback with a series of elbows to the gut and a body slam.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> Blanchard laid into Michaels with a series of elbow drops, before locking him in a headlock to try and take some of the gas away from the explosive youngster. Michaels though, mounted a comeback as he fought his way back to his feet with a series of elbows to the mid-section and just when it looked like he was going to take over the momentum, Blanchard planted him on his face with a sickening bulldog. Blanchard went for the pin right there, but Michaels managed to kick out just as the referee was counting three.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> The two continued to trade pinfall attempts for the better part of the next six minutes of the match until Blanchard dropped Michaels with a clothesline and locked in his signature Figure Four Leglock! Michaels was in excruciating pain but just managed to reach the ropes, forcing the referee to break the hold. Blanchard tried to drag Michaels to the center of the ring but Michaels landed a big kick to his face from his back, Blanchard stumbled back in pain as Michaels leaped to his feet, Blanchard recovered only to be met by Sweet Chin Music and in a heartbeat the match was over!</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><span style="color:#0000FF;"><em>“That Shawn Michaels is something else ladies and gentlemen”</em></span></span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> Vince McMahon complimented, </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><span style="color:#0000FF;"><em>“this man is a star on the rise and this Saturday Night him and Marty Jannetty could get their first taste of WWF Gold!”</em></span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> Shawn Michaels defeated Tully Blanchard in 16:19 by pinfall with a Sweet Chin Music. </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><strong>(B+)</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> - And then it was time for Piper’s Pit with Ted DiBiase! Piper was backstage running down the groundbreaking edition of Piper’s Pit that fans were in store for and how he would ask Ted DiBiase all the important questions, such as what type of music he listens to! Then on a more serious note, Piper stated that he was </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><span style="color:#0000FF;"><em>“all out of bubblegum, so things might get a little crazy!”</em></span></span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> Finally Ted DiBiase and his assistant Virgil arrived, and Piper quickly took time to point out that a handsome young superstar choked Virgil unconscious just last week on Primetime Wrestling!</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> DiBiase was not amused with Piper’s shenanigans though and stated that he had just come from a very “important” meeting with a member of the WWF Board of Directors and he had a big announcement to make regarding the weekend’s Saturday Night’s Main Event! DiBiase then revealed to Piper that the two would square off in the ring on Saturday, and just as Piper looked pleased with the news DiBiase revealed it would be a Handicap Match against him and Virgil.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><span style="color:#FF0000;"><em>“Everyone’s got a price for the Million Dollar Man”</em></span></span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> DiBiase cackled </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><span style="color:#FF0000;"><em>“except for me, because I’m simply… priceless!”</em></span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> DiBiase and Virgil then left with DiBiase cackling the entire way. Piper however is not one to be left speechless.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><span style="color:#0000FF;"><em>“Looks like I gotta wait ‘til after Saturday Night to buy some bubblegum!”</em></span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span><span>http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i468/Rancid_Radio/th_brutusbeefcake3.jpg?t=1306194075</span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> v. </span><span>http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i468/Rancid_Radio/th_randysavage5.jpg?t=1306194075</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><strong>Brutus Beefcake</strong></span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> vs. </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><strong>Randy Savage</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> The Main Event was pretty much a glorified squash match as Savage showcased his abilities as one of the most talented wrestlers in the World Wrestling Federation. However, as always, Savage being Savage managed to make the match very entertaining. “Macho Man” was in control almost bell-to-bell as he tossed Beefcake around much to the chagrin of the fans in attendance, however at one point Sensation Sherry shrieked and pointed to the top of the stage as Damien the Python sat alone and watching.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> Savage was clearly distracted by the snake and it almost cost him as Beefcake tried to quickly roll him up for the pin. Savage kicked out though, and power slammed Beefcake to the mat before climbing to the top ropes. Despite his status as one of the most hated men in the WWF, fans still cheered for his spectacular finishing move as Savage dived from the top rope with his signature Diving Elbow Drop, Beefcake had no chance of kicking out and the match was over.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><span style="color:#FF0000;"><em>“Impressive win by the “Macho Man” Randy Savage”</em></span></span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> acknowledged Bobby Heenan, </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><span style="color:#FF0000;"><em>“I may have to talk to him about joining the Heenan Family soon!”</em></span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> Macho Man defeated Brutus 'The Barber' Beefcake in 12:58 by pinfall with a Macho Elbow after Sensational Sherri interfered. </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><strong>(B)</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> - Savage celebrated the victory in the ring momentarily, but his attention turned back to the snake. Or where the snake was, as Damien the Python was nowhere to be seen now. Savage looked spooked and Sherry climbed on the top rope to hide in case it had come to the ring, Savage called security down to the ring to locate the reptile but the only answer he received was the music of Jake Roberts! The fans went nuts as Roberts made his way to the top of the stage.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><span style="color:#0000FF;">“Trust me Savage, you might want to turn around.”</span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> Savage turned around expecting to find the snake, but instead he found… nothing. Looking bewildered, Savage turned his attention back to Roberts but now Roberts was in the ring with him! Roberts laid into Savage with a series of right hands before the action spilled to the outside of the ring, the two continued brawling up the ramp until security finally showed up and split the two apart.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><em><span style="color:#0000FF;">“My goodness ladies and gentlemen”</span></em></span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> shouted McMahon, </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><span style="color:#0000FF;"><em>“these two will kill each other before this is said and done!”</em></span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> - Just as Roberts and Savage finally disappeared into the backstage, the lights went out in the same way they had last week when Hulk Hogan was attacked! The fans were in fear in the pitch darkness and several screams broke out as McMahon tried to calm everyone down on commentary and play it off like it was only technical difficulties. Finally the lights came back on, and everyone was expecting another knocked out star in the ring, but that’s not what they saw. An envelope had been placed in the center of the ring.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> Vince McMahon left his spot at the commentary table and climbed into the ring with a microphone in hand, he opened the envelope and pulled out a slip of paper before reading the message written on it.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><span style="color:#0000FF;"><em>“I will wrestle Hulk Hogan for the WWF Championship this Saturday Night. If my demand is not met, then you will all suffer.”</em></span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> Overall Rating: </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><strong>B</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="31264" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><strong>WWF Primetime Wrestling Recap:</strong></span><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> Randy Savage def. Brutus Beefcake</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> Shawn Michaels def. Tully Blanchard</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> Rick Martel def. Jim Duggan</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> Arn Anderson def. Marty Jannetty</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> The Hart Foundation def. The Bushwackers</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><strong>Saturday Night's Main Event:</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> Hulk Hogan © vs. Earthquake - WWF Championship</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> Jake Roberts vs. Randy Savage</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> Roddy Piper vs. Ted DiBiase and Virgil</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> 10 Man Battle Royal for Title Shot at the Intercontinental Championship</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> The Brainbusters © vs. The Rockers - WWF Tag Team Titles</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> Rick Martel vs. Dusty Rhodes</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> Mr. Perfect vs. ??? </span></p></div></blockquote><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p>

<p>Hulk Hogan © vs. Earthquake - WWF Championship - No contest due to mystery man interference.</p><p>

<strong>Jake Roberts</strong> vs. Randy Savage - Roberts via Snake.</p><p>

Roddy Piper vs. <strong>Ted DiBiase and Virgil</strong> - Piper on top for a while but eventually loses to the numbers advantage.</p><p>

10 Man Battle Royal for Title Shot at the Intercontinental Championship - Do we know who's in this? I'll go for Marty pulling double duty just out of sheer love for the guy, but my realistic pick is Jim Duggan.</p><p>

The Brainbusters © vs.<strong> The Rockers</strong> - WWF Tag Team Titles</p><p>

<strong>Rick Martel</strong> vs. Dusty Rhodes</p><p>

<strong>Mr. Perfect</strong> vs. ???</p>

<p><span style="font-family:Verdana;">I was originally going to have SNME up today, but I didn't get to write as much of it as I wanted and I'm heading out of town for a while today so it'll be a minute before I get to put the show up.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;">

I'll leave a bonus question and if you guess it right, I won't let you know right away but when it's revealed "on-screen" you'll get to pick a developmental worker for me to call up and what gimmick I package them with. Good luck!</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Verdana;">

</span><span style="font-family:Verdana;"><strong>Who is the mystery man attacking Hulk Hogan?</strong></span></p>

<p>Saturday Night's Main Event:</p><p>

<strong>Hulk Hogan ©</strong> vs. Earthquake - WWF Championship</p><p>

<strong>Jake Roberts</strong> vs. Randy Savage</p><p>

Roddy Piper vs. <strong>Ted DiBiase and Virgil</strong></p><p>

10 Man Battle Royal for Title Shot at the Intercontinental Championship <strong>Tito Santana</strong></p><p>

The Brainbusters © vs. <strong>The Rockers</strong> - WWF Tag Team Titles</p><p>

Rick Martel vs. <strong>Dusty Rhodes</strong></p><p>

Mr. Perfect vs. <strong>???</strong> </p><p> </p><p>

Who is the mystery man attacking Hulk Hogan? </p><p>

<strong>Sting</strong></p>

<p>Saturday Night's Main Event:</p><p>

<strong>Hulk Hogan</strong> © vs. Earthquake - WWF Championship</p><p>

Jake Roberts vs. <strong>Randy Savage</strong></p><p>

Roddy Piper vs. <strong>Ted DiBiase and Virgil</strong></p><p>

10 Man Battle Royal for Title Shot at the Intercontinental Championship-<strong>Rick Rude</strong></p><p>

<strong>The Brainbusters</strong> © vs. The Rockers - WWF Tag Team Titles</p><p>

<strong>Rick Martel</strong> vs. Dusty Rhodes</p><p>

<strong>Mr. Perfect</strong> vs. ??? </p><p> </p><p>

Who is the mystery man attacking Hulk Hogan? </p><p>

<strong>The Undertaker</strong></p>

Alright, the SNME show is about 75% done and will either be up tonight or tomorrow depending on how late I stay up after Game 1 tonight (Go Mavs!).

Nobody has picked the mystery man right yet, but he won't be revealed until next months SNME so there is plenty of time to figure it out.

But the main point of this post was to put some attention of The Heenan Family, they haven't played a big part in this dynasty yet but more focus is going to shifted onto them soon and I figured it'd be good to tell who is in the group and what their role is.

Bobby Heenan (Current Color Commentator, leader of stable, constantly letting people know the Heenan Family is biding their time for something.)

Rick Rude (Star of the stable)

Mr. Perfect (Considered the future of the WWF)

Haku (Mainly brought in to team up with Rude and Perfect against people they don't like, yeah that's it)

The Brainbusters (Current WWF World Tag Team Champions, enforcers of the stable)

And there you have it, keep reading guys 'cause around Survivor Series (2 months game time) things start to get really interesting and I'm excited to start putting some of my "big" storylines into effect.

Hulk Hogan © vs. Earthquake - WWF Championship

Jake Roberts vs. Randy Savage

Roddy Piper vs. Ted DiBiase and Virgil

10 Man Battle Royal for Title Shot at the Intercontinental Championship Rick Rude

The Brainbusters © vs. The Rockers - WWF Tag Team Titles

Rick Martel vs. Dusty Rhodes

Mr. Perfect vs. ???

Who is the mystery man attacking Hulk Hogan?

Ric Flair

Hulk Hogan (c) vs. Earthquake - WWF Championship

10 Man Battle Royal for Title Shot at the Intercontinental Championship Rick Rude

The Brainbusters © vs. The Rockers - WWF Tag Team Titles

Rick Martel vs. Dusty Rhodes

Mr. Perfect vs. ???

Mystery Man: King Kong Bundy!!!!!!!!!! I HOPE!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/bb/SaturdayNightsMainEvent.jpg/175px-SaturdayNightsMainEvent.jpg

WWF Saturday Night’s Main Event

Airing on the NBC Network, Saturday Week 2 September, 1989

Live from Hartford Civic Center in Connecticut in front of (SOLD OUT) 15,000 fans!

UN-AIRED MATCHES

Honky Tonk Man defeated Bret Hart in 8:21 by pinfall with a Shake, Rattle, and Roll. (B)

The Ultimate Warrior defeated Greg Valentine in 7:38 by pinfall with a Big Splash. (B) (First good chemistry!)

MAIN CARD

- A splendid fireworks display welcomed viewers to the special three-hour edition of Saturday Night’s Main Event! The sold out Hartford Civic Center was red hot for the stacked line up of matches, including Hulk Hogan’s WWF Title defense against Earthquake and the much-anticipated grudge match between “Macho Man” Randy Savage and Jake “The Snake” Roberts! Announcers at ringside Vince McMahon, Jesse “The Body” Ventura, and Bobby “The Brain” Heenan welcomed everyone to the show before immediately informing viewers that Hogan would likely be at 50% for his title defense in the main event due to the assault nearly two weeks ago by a still-unnamed assailant.

McMahon then informed viewers that despite the mysterious man’s demand that he wrestle Hogan for the World Title on this card, WWF President Jack Tunney had refused and the Hogan vs. Earthquake match would go down as planned.

“This of course brings the man’s threat to the forefront” McMahon informed viewers, “who will suffer for the decision to keep him out of the title match?”

- Mr. Perfect made his way down to the ring to loud jeers from the fans in attendance and immediately asked who was going to answer the open challenge he laid down just days ago on Primetime Wrestling. Almost immediately the music of Koko B. Ware played and Koko came out in his classic attire and with no parrot. Koko told Perfect that it was about time he was taken serious in the World Wrestling Federation and that would start tonight when he pinned Perfect in the middle of the ring!

“Perfect, I’m ‘bout tired of you coming out here runnin’ your mouth” Koko scolded “it’s about time someone shut that trap of yours so B. Ware!”

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i468/Rancid_Radio/th_kokobware.jpg v. http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i468/Rancid_Radio/th_curthennig3.jpg

Koko B. Ware vs. Mr. Perfect

Koko isn’t the most over worker, but Mr. Perfect can drag a good match out of about anybody, regardless of talent or popularity and these two entertained the crowd with a very solid opening bout. Although Perfect was in control for the majority of the bout, Koko was continually in the match and looked good coming out. Finally, after a couple of reversed attempts Perfect managed to hit the PerfectPlex and put the surprisingly tough challenger away for the three count

Mr Perfect defeated Koko B. Ware in 6:08 by pinfall with a PerfectPlex. (B-)

- “Macho Man” Randy Savage was shown walking backstage with Sensational Sherry close behind. After several seemingly pointless moments the two stopped and Sherry shrieked before turning and running and Savage following here when he saw was it was that she saw, huge laughs were heard in the background as Damien the Python slithered down the hallway after them.

“Oh my, a snake is on the loose backstage!” Vince McMahon informed, “Jake Roberts is certainly a master of mind games, it seems like Savage runs into Damien at every turn.”

- Going over to another area backstage where Rick Martel was standing and preparing to do an interview with “Mean” Gene Okerlund. However before the interview, Martel was seen talking with a WWF executive about whether or not “that damn snake” was still roaming free backstage. Finally the interview commenced and Martel reiterated his offer to the Hart Foundation or any of the Canadian wrestlers on the WWF payroll to join him and dominate the company.

“Canada is clearly superior to the United States in terms of wrestling and sports in general” Martel informed smugly, “join me and be living proof. Everyone else? May the glory of Canada be with you!”

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i468/Rancid_Radio/th_dustyrhodes2.jpg v. http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i468/Rancid_Radio/th_rickmartel5.jpg

Dusty Rhodes vs. Rick Martel

The fans were firmly in “The American Dream’s” corner during this match, especially after Martel’s interview in the previous segment and Rhodes didn’t disappoint as he took it to the Canadian from the bell and took every opportunity to strike a patriotic pose much to the delight of the fans. For a lot of the match it seemed like Rhodes would manage to pull off a minor upset but he played to the crowd a little too much and allowed Martel to roll him up quickly from behind and grabbed the ring ropes for leverage out of the referee’s view to steal a victory.

“The dastardly Canadian steals one from Dusty Rhodes!” Shouted a fuming Vince McMahon, “Eventually Rick Martel will get his comeuppance, and I’m of the opinion that “The American Dream” will deliver it!”

Rick Martel defeated Dusty Rhodes in 12:38 by submission with a Boston Crab after blatantly cheating. (B)

- “Mean” Gene’s busy night got a little awkward as he took on the task of interviewing Earthquake. Although it was a bit hard to understand Earthquake through all the panting, he got across the message that he had every intention of not only beating Hulk Hogan and taking over as the World Wrestling Federation Champion, but that the “Hulkster” would be lucky to ever step in the ring again after their match.

“Ih’m ghoin to destwoy Huckamania! Bwahahahah!”

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i468/Rancid_Radio/th_arnanderson3.jpghttp://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i468/Rancid_Radio/th_tullyblanchard.jpg v. http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i468/Rancid_Radio/th_shawnmichaels6.jpghttp://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i468/Rancid_Radio/th_martyjannetty7.jpg

The Brainbusters © vs. The Rockers - WWF World Tag Team Titles

These two teams stepped up big time and delivered a fantastic Tag Team Title match that was sure to have fans clamoring for a rematch. It’s also worth pointing out that while Marty Jannetty is a good worker in his own right, it’s becoming more and more apparent that Shawn Michaels has unlimited potential to be a huge star in the business. Anyway, these two teams went back-and-forth for the better part of 15 minutes until it looked like The Rockers had the advantage as Marty Jannetty came in and was took down Arn Anderson with a big forearm and then knocked Tully Blanchard off the ring apron, however he made the mistake of playing up to the fans which cost The Rockers dearly as Anderson rolled up Jannetty from behind to steal the win and retain the belts.

“The Heenan Family is laying low at the moment,” informs Bobby Heenan smugly, “except for these guys! Nobody can take those belts off of The Brainbusters, they are just too experienced!”

The Brainbusters defeated The Rockers in 15:47 when Arn Anderson defeated Marty Jannetty by pinfall with a handful of tights. The Brainbusters make defence number 1 of their WWF World Tag Team titles. (B+)

- After the match, Marty Jannetty was visibly upset with himself as he felt he cost his team their chance to win the gold, but his partner Shawn Michaels consoled him but just as the two were about to leave The Brainbusters were on them and the World Tag Team Champion’s took turns blasting Michaels and Jannetty with the Gold, again sending a message to the youngsters that they were still the numero uno in the World Wrestling Federation!

“I’m not a big fan of this Heenan Family,” Jesse Ventura says, “but make no mistake about it, Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard are two of the best. I don’t see any team capable of taking those belts away from them!”

- With the Battle Royal to determine his next challenger coming up next, it was only fitting that The Ultimate Warrior take the time to let everyone know exactly what was on his mind.

“ALL OF YOU WARRIOR’S OUT THERE, TUNIN’ IN WATCHING THE SHOW I HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY AND I WANT TO KNOW WHO OUT THERE CAN HANDLE THE AWESOME FORCE OF ALL THESE WARRIORS COMIN’ ATCHA AT A MILLION MILES AN HOUR! THE INTERCONTINENTAL BELT IS IN THE POSSESSION OF THE MILLIONS AND MILLIONS OF WARRIORS OUT THERE AND NOBODY OUT THERE CAN TAKE IT AWAY!”

10-Man Battle Royal to determine #1 Contender to Intercontinental Championship

(OOC: I forgot to save the list of everyone in this match, so only the final four will be mentioned)

Wildly entertaining chaos ensued at the start of this match as the ten men went at it, each with a title shot on their minds but eventually things were narrowed down to just four men remaining Ax and Smash the Demolition tag team, the legendary “Superfly” Jimmy Snuka, and “Ravishing” Rick Rude! Demolition continued their strategy of working together to eliminate other opponents, as they tried to dump “Superfly” over the top rope as Rick Rude watched from an opposite corner. However, as Snuka desperately resisted Smash got tired of the effort and dumped his partner over the top rope!

Ax looked stunned on the outside and stormed off, Smash seemed a little upset about turning on his partner like that but he would’ve been better off forgetting about it as Rick Rude quickly tossed the distracted tag specialist out of the ring. Snuka and Rude wrestled in the ring for several minutes and had the fans on the edge of their seats for several near eliminations, until finally Rude managed to back drop Snuka out of the ring finally ending the excellent battle royal and earning a title shot at The Ultimate Warrior’s Intercontinental Championship!

“Impressive win for Rick Rude!" Vince McMahon said, “But can “The Ravishing One” dethrone The Ultimate Warrior?”

Rick Rude won a battle royal in 14:52. The final four competitors also included Smash, Ax and Superfly, with Smash being the final elimination. (B+)

- Rick Rude was celebrating his hard fought victory in the ring until the music of The Ultimate Warrior hit and the fans went into a frenzy as the Intercontinental Champion stepped out on the top of the stage. Warrior raised his Championship Belt high and screamed some unintelligible words as Rude stood in the ring motioning to his waste that he was going to take the belt away from The Warrior!

“You’re not gonna want to miss this one folks!” Shouts an excited McMahon, “Next month on Saturday Night’s Main Event, it’s The Ultimate Warrior and Rick Rude for the Intercontinental Title!”

- “Rowdy” Roddy Piper was shown backstage preparing for his handicap match against Ted DiBiase and Virgil until “Mean” Gene Okerlund arrived on the scene to get an interview with Piper before his match. Piper was in true “Hotrod” fashion as he answered almost every one of Okerlund’s questions with a sarcastic response and took several chances to take shots at DiBiase and Virgil, including one question of their sexuality! That likely won’t go over to well with the parents at home…

“Teddy and the bear are in for one heck of an ass kickin’ tonight” laughed Piper, “because I’ve got one goal here in the World Wrestling Federation, and that is to chew bubblegum and kick ass… and I’m all out of bubblegum!”

- As the Piper interview was coming to an end, suddenly several WWF backstage crew members began to rush past Piper and Okerlund in a hurry. A curious Piper followed the men for several moments and asked a couple of time what had happened but received no answer until his eyes answered for him and the camera revealed Dusty Rhodes laying facedown in the middle of the hallway with blood leaking from his forehead, a stunned Piper was shown before quickly going to commercial break.

“Oh my goodness…” Said a stunned McMahon, “I can’t help but think I might know who was responsible for that!”

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i468/Rancid_Radio/th_roddypiper2.jpg v. http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i468/Rancid_Radio/th_teddibease3.jpghttp://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i468/Rancid_Radio/th_virigil3.jpg

The in-ring quality of tonight’s matches continued to be excellent as these three stepped up and delivered a perfectly executed handicap match. DiBiase and Virgil would tag out each time Piper tried to make a rally and take control of the match, but he would be overcome by the fresh opponent he was forced to face. Piper, however isn’t known as one to quit and about midway through the match facing Virgil as the legal man, Piper dropped Virgil and then knocked DiBiase off the apron before going crazy for the fans who were red hot for the “Hotrod”.

After several minutes of Piper beating on Virgil he made a tag on DiBiase and Piper beckoned DiBiase forward, but hilarity ensued as DiBiase quickly tagged Virgil and hightailed it out of the arena leaving his partner on his own. Virgil tried to call DiBiase back down to the ring looking confused but he had turned his back to Piper and paid the price for it as Piper choked him out cold with a sleeper hold for the victory.

“Love him or hate him, “Rowdy” Roddy Piper is one of the best in the WWF” stated McMahon, “DiBiase may have picked the wrong man to make an enemy of!”

Rowdy Roddy Piper defeated Ted DiBiase and Virgil in 14:13 when Rowdy Roddy Piper defeated Virgil by submission with a Sleeperhold. (B+)

- For the second time of the night the camera’s went backstage to reveal a WWF superstar laid out in a pool of blood, this time it was Rocker member Marty Jannetty and his teammate Shawn Michaels was on hand looking furious. Vince McMahon pondered that this masked man would stop at nothing to get a title shot at Hulk Hogan and wondered where his hatred of “Hulkamania” stemmed from.

“Whoever this guy is, he knows how to send a message!” Said Jesse Ventura, “I don’t like cowards, but I guarantee we see this guy get in the ring with Hogan eventually… mission accomplished!”

- Jake “The Snake” Roberts was backstage before his match with Randy Savage.

“Randy Savage, you made the dire mistake of crossing the snake’s path and everyone with a brain knows that, that isn’t where the faint of heart should go. I told you already Savage, me and you are taking a trip to hell and I don’t know if I’ll bother to bring you back. And that harlot Sherry you’re running around with, we might bring her along for the ride buddy and after tonight the three of us will never be the same again… trust me… hehehe… trust me…”

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i468/Rancid_Radio/th_jakeroberts5.jpg v. http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i468/Rancid_Radio/th_randysavage5.jpg

The crowd were red hot for this match and for good reason as these two delivered what may be the match of the year come January. Savage played up his fear of Damien the Python early as he demanded the referee have it taken to the back, Roberts intervened and warned Savage not to call him “it”. Finally the referee agreed to have the snake removed if Savage agreed to have Sensational Sherry sent backstage as well! Savage wasn’t happy about that at all but he reluctantly agreed and the match was underway.

For the better part of twenty minutes these two men went at it with an intensity that hasn’t been seen in the World Wrestling Federation in a long time, each man was absolutely determined to show his superiority to the other. At one point it looked like Savage had the match won as he knocked Roberts down to the ground and went high risk for his signature flying elbow drop, but Roberts managed to roll out of the way just in time. Roberts tried for a pinfall right there but the “Macho Man” refused to go out that easy and kicked out just in time.

As the thirty minute mark approached, it seemed like these two would go at it all day before a winner was decided but nevertheless they continued to fight tooth and nail, each determined to have his hand raised and as Roberts set up Savage for the DDT some in the crowd popped loudly as they believed the match was decided, but Savage muscled out of the move and knocked Roberts down to the ground before going up top again and coming down with the flying elbow perfectly executed! Savage was down hurt for several moments before he could make the pinfall, but he finally managed to crawl over his fallen opponent and the referee counted…

Kick Out!

The fans went into a frenzy as Roberts managed to kick out of Savage’s feared finishing move and a furious Savage told the referee that he had slow counted him. Savage then went back up top for another attempt at the flying elbow drop, but this time he wasn’t so lucky as Roberts had clambered to his feet as he made his way up top and “The Snake” rushed to the top rope with the “Macho Man” and superplexed him down to a huge response from the crowd for the spectacular move. Roberts went for the pinfall but it wasn’t there as Savage got his shoulder up a split second before the referee could count three.

Roberts clambered to his feet and signaled to the fans that he was going to end things now, and he stalked and waited as Savage slowly made his way back to his feet before kicking him in the gut and delivering a perfectly executed DDT! Savage’s head made a sickening thud as it smacked off the canvas and several moments after the move it looked like Roberts wouldn’t be able to make the pin as he lay exhausted in the ring, but finally he managed to clamber over to Savage and hook the leg.

Bell Rings!

Suddenly the bell rang, but the referee had yet to count three. There was massive confusion amongst the fans and Jake Roberts himself, Savage climbed to his feet after several moments and looked like he didn’t know what had happened. Finally Howard Finkel took the microphone to inform fans that the match had used up it’s forty minute time limit, therefore was declared a time limit draw! Savage almost looked relieved, but Roberts stormed out of the ring and back up the ramp looking furious.

“An amazing match, maybe the best ever seen on free television” Shouted an exhilarated Vince McMahon, “but with an anti-climatic ending like that you have to be ready for the sequel!”

Jake 'The Snake' Roberts drew with Randy Savage in 40:00 when the time limit expired. (A)

- For the first time since the mysterious man took him out nearly two weeks ago, WWF Champion Hulk Hogan was shown on camera backstage preparing for his title defense against Earthquake!

“Ya’ know something brother, I got to defend this World Title here tonight against the big man Earthquake and he’s a dangerous dude brother. But my mind isn’t on him, oh no, my mind and the mind’s of all the “Hulkamaniac’s” out there is on one man and one man only! You all know who it is brother, and you know what coward I’m going to address you directly because you don’t have the guts to face me or “Hulkamania” man to man so next month on Saturday Night’s Main Event it’s me and you in this ring and after I beat Earthquake next, we’ll make it for the World Title too! So brother, whatcha gonna do!? Whatcha gonna do when “Hulkamania” runs wild on you!”

Hogan hulks up and tears his shirt off before heading to the ring.

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i468/Rancid_Radio/th_hulkhogan5.jpg v. http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i468/Rancid_Radio/th_earthquake.jpg

Hulk Hogan © vs. Earthquake - WWF Championship

A bit of an anti-climax after the excellent Roberts/Savage match but it was Hogan in the ring so fans didn’t seem to mind much. This was your typical Hogan title defense against large opponent as Earthquake spent a majority of the match beating down the Champion as McMahon played up Hogan’s injuries from ringside, in the end Hogan “hulked up” to the fans delight and power slammed Earthquake down in the ring before landing his signature Leg Drop to end the match and defend his title!

“What a great title defense by Hulk Hogan” said McMahon, “this man is truly one of a kind! “Hulkamania” is running wilder than ever!”

Hulk Hogan defeated Earthquake in 10:46 by pinfall with a Leg Drop, Hulk Hogan makes defense number 1 of the WWF World Heavyweight Title. (B)

- After the match the Champion celebrated in the ring with his signature poses and the fans were red hot for Hogan as it seemed like the show was coming to an end until the lights went out and the fans screamed and booed in shock and anger simultaneously. After several tense seconds, suddenly a flash of light emerged from the ring and the fans saw that Hulk Hogan was standing in the ring with a…

“It’s a flashlight brother!”

The lights came back on and the fans went wild as Hogan continued his celebration after one-upping the mystery man for the first time!

Overall Rating: B+

Saturday Night's Main Event Recap:

Hulk Hogan def. Earthquake to retain WWF World Heavyweight Title

Jake Roberts and Randy Savage fought to time limit draw

Roddy Piper def. Ted DiBiase and Virgil

Rick Rude won a battle royal to earn a shot at Intercontinental Title

The Brainbusters def. The Rockers to retain WWF Tag Titles

Rick Martel def. Dusty Rhodes

Mr. Perfect def. Koko B. Ware

- Weekly Recap -

- Mark Callous has signed a Pay Per Appearance deal with the National Wrestling Alliance. The talented and charismatic big man is looked at as a future star by insiders.

- AWA All-Star Wrestling was in the San Diego Municipal Stadium in front of a sold out 5,000 fans. The card drew a C+ rating and was headlined by Sgt. Slaughter and Larry Zbysko defeating Jimmy Snuka and Nikita Koloff in a B rated match.

- Dean Malenko, Diamond Dallas Page, Eddy Guerrero, Jerry Lynn, Steve Austin, and Steven Regal have each signed a contract with the WWF and been assigned to developmental league UWF.

- This month’s edition of NWA Clash of the Champions was held in front of a sold out 10,000 fans at the Corpus Christi Center in Texas. The B rated card was headlined by a B+ match that saw NWA Champion Ric Flair retain his title against tag specialist Rick Steiner.

- NWA Worldwide was held at the Owensboro Sports Center in Kentucky. The card was rated a B- and saw another Flair title defense as he defended the NWA Title against unheralded Dan Spivey in a B- rated match.

- The card for this weeks WWF Primetime Wrestling has been released.

Rick Rude vs. The Ultimate Warrior - NonTitle Match

Honky Tonk Man vs. Tito Santana

Rick Martel vs. Shawn Michaels

Randy Savage vs. Barry Horowitz

Haku vs. The Mighty Hercules

Archived