Contract question with PPV %

I'm farily experienced with the game but the contract stuff still boggles my mind sometime.

When a fighter asks for a percentage of PPV revenue, what exactly does he get paid?

Clearly, he can't want 50% of the entire take of the night. Can he?

I'm thinking it's just a bonus based on his per-fight salary as far as I can tell. I've signed a few guys who take huge cuts of the PPV but I still seem to make a ton of money.

But the revenue cut is a percentage of the overall take right?

I figured the overall PPV renue % has to be some cut from the top while the PPV bonus is based on the base salary.

Thing is, if I have 3 guys with 50% revenue cut ont he same card, how the heck does that work??

But the revenue cut is a percentage of the overall take right?

I figured the overall PPV renue % has to be some cut from the top while the PPV bonus is based on the base salary.

Thing is, if I have 3 guys with 50% revenue cut ont he same card, how the heck does that work??

Then you have been a pushover in negotiations quite frankly.

If you are seriously giving people a 50% revenue cut either something is wrong with the mod, your save is corrupt or your offering far too much, in my opinion. The highest I have ever had to go is 10%. and that was for the biggest star I have ever built (Toby Sorkin). I can't see even the worlds biggest fighter with the worst personal stats asking for 50%.

Next time you have a big negotiation coming up turn negotiation time limits off, agree every other factor and then just increase the revenue cut by 1% until they accept.

I may be an idiot by saying it, but there should be no way 50% revenue cut is the lowest someone will accept.

OK, you guys totally misread what I was saying. My fault. I wasn't clear enough.

I wasn't saying I signed people at 50% cut, I was giving out a hypothetical situation with easy math. I'll word it differently so I can maybe get my question ansered rather than berated for my negotiating skills.

Let's say I have 11 guys with 10% PPV revenue cut (I have 20 high international fighters so it's possible and it's what might happen in my game when their contracts re-up)

Then does that mean I'm not making any money on my PPV and am in fact LOSING money?

OK, you guys totally misread what I was saying. My fault. I wasn't clear enough.

I wasn't saying I signed people at 50% cut, I was giving out a hypothetical situation with easy math. I'll word it differently so I can maybe get my question ansered rather than berated for my negotiating skills.

Let's say I have 11 guys with 10% PPV revenue cut (I have 20 high international fighters so it's possible and it's what might happen in my game when their contracts re-up)

Then does that mean I'm not making any money on my PPV and am in fact LOSING money?

Yep.

No, if you look at the first response to your question it says that it's a percentage of his pay so if this is true then its 50 of whatever the guy makes. Not 50 percent of the total pay per view revenue.

You are right for PPV Bonus, but PPV revenue cut is an amount of the ppv revenue.

As for the 11 people example, yes if you have them on the same card you are running at a loss. But why would you put them all on 1 card. That is surely complete overkill compared to what you need to do to put on a good PPV.

wait what

i don't even see this in the options

Ha, sorry to get your hopes up. I could have sworn there was this option in WMMA, but I must have been thinking about TEW. My apologies. :o

(Note to self. Check before posting :p)

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=421460&highlight=revenue

Does this thread have anything to do with the revenue you were talking about? I remember a few posts on here saying it is a percentage of the fighters base pay.

People need to read the help file. Everyone in that thread has been mislead (unless the mechanic isnt working properly in game):

(Direct from the help file)

Pay-Per-View Bonus: If a fighter appears on the main card of a pay-per-view show, he gets an additional percentage of the Base Pay.

Pay-Per-View Revenue Bonus: If a fighter appears on a pay-per-view show, he gets a percentage of the revenue generated from pay-per-view buys.

From my experiements, I don't lose any PPV revenue when I put someone on a card that makes PPV revenue. If that's what it's supposed to be, then it isn't working properly. I'm glad, too, because nowhere near as many people make PPV revenue cuts in real life as they get in the game. In the game, they start wanting 5% sometimes as low as Mid Level National. By High Level International, they refuse to sign for me without 15% or 20%. COMPLETELY unrealistic. I bet even the biggest names in the sport don't make 5% of PPV revenue in real life. Still, when those 20% earners are on my card, I'm not handing out 20% of my revenue in pay (not above their base pay and win bonus at least). I've had multiple people with PPV revenue cuts on a card and not seen an increase significant enough to explain them actually getting a cut of the revenue stream.

From my experiements, I don't lose any PPV revenue when I put someone on a card that makes PPV revenue. If that's what it's supposed to be, then it isn't working properly. I'm glad, too, because nowhere near as many people make PPV revenue cuts in real life as they get in the game. In the game, they start wanting 5% sometimes as low as Mid Level National. By High Level International, they refuse to sign for me without 15% or 20%. COMPLETELY unrealistic. I bet even the biggest names in the sport don't make 5% of PPV revenue in real life. Still, when those 20% earners are on my card, I'm not handing out 20% of my revenue in pay (not above their base pay and win bonus at least). I've had multiple people with PPV revenue cuts on a card and not seen an increase significant enough to explain them actually getting a cut of the revenue stream.

It definately works. I just ran a quick test, giving one fighter a 50% cut, and it definately took that chunk. Just ran the calculations and it works out how it should.

Or I managed to spend $29'000 on fighters on a 3 match XCC card :p

Well I'm not seeing a fifth of my PPV revenue disappear into the hands of my top person, not by that means anyway . . . (She makes $1,000,000 per match normally before bonuses, so her wage is already really high . . .)

I usually only make $9,000,000 per PPV, and she's not getting $3-4 million per fight, so I dunno.

Archived