Development Contracts

There aren't developmental contracts in the game. You have to sign a worker to a Written contract then send them down to development (as long as they will go or just override them and tick them off). Also, you have a 7 day wait for talent you steal from another company so keep that in mind too as they have to be given a roster spot for that week.

Yeah i knew that. Just wondered as people like WWE in my real world mod have people under Developmental contracts in FCW.

As smartman said, in the game, you sign someone to a Written deal and then send them to your development territory. That changes the Written deal to a Developmental deal.

You can set someone to have a Developmental deal in the database so that when you start a game, they are contracted to the parent promotion rather than the child promotion. But you cannot directly do a Developmental contract within a game.

Shouldn't a mod be worrying about what is posted where and not a regular poster?

True enough. I wasn't trying to police the forum. I actually came into the thread to give an answer, but after I typed something, I saw that smartman had already given essentially the same answer. I figured that it doesn't hurt to help newer posters understand why we have threads like the Small Questions thread.

Shouldn't a mod be worrying about what is posted where and not a regular poster?

Not necessarilly. More experienced users have the duty to lead the newers ones to the workings of the forum, or to remember the not so new ones of how it works. It's not trying to police, it's beeing civilized and it's a good work in order to keep this a good place to be. And yes..people open a lot on unnecessary threads.

True enough. I wasn't trying to police the forum. I actually came into the thread to give an answer, but after I typed something, I saw that smartman had already given essentially the same answer. I figured that it doesn't hurt to help newer posters understand why we have threads like the Small Questions thread.

I will be honest with you, there is a game site that I used to go on that puts out Baseball games. And the veteran posters used to do that all of the time, granted you did it in a nice civil way, where as they were not kind at all. Anyway, I just stopped going to that site to ask anything because I got sick of the veteran posters. I still buy the games but I refuse to go back to the site.

A lot of other posters must have as well because the guy who ran the site had to warn the veteran posters to be nicer to the newer posters. My point being with this being the internet it is hard to convey your tone to others. Now like I said I know you did not mean it in a harsh way and it did not come off that way but that does not mean people will take it that way. When it comes to the internet you do not know whom you are dealing with.:D

I will be honest with you, there is a game site that I used to go on that puts out Baseball games. And the veteran posters used to do that all of the time, granted you did it in a nice civil way, where as they were not kind at all. Anyway, I just stopped going to that site to ask anything because I got sick of the veteran posters. I still buy the games but I refuse to go back to the site.

A lot of other posters must have as well because the guy who ran the site had to warn the veteran posters to be nicer to the newer posters. My point being with this being the internet it is hard to convey your tone to others. Now like I said I know you did not mean it in a harsh way and it did not come off that way but that does not mean people will take it that way. When it comes to the internet you do not know whom you are dealing with.:D

You kids can now kiss and make up. :D:D:D:D

I didn't realize that pointing out a thread exists specifically for this type of question was overtly rude and demanding.

This community is very very helpful toward newer gamers who are trying to figure the game out. We aren't harsh or nasty, don't call people stupid, and tend to be pretty patient in answering the same questions over and over. Pointing out that a thread exists already for this exact type of question - without making a harsh and unneeded comment like "you didn't need to start a new thread for this" - is helping someone integrate into the commnity in my mind. The preference of this community - and most on the Web - is to make use of threads that are intended for a given purpose. There is a reason those threads exist rather someone starting a new thread every time they have any question, want to share screenshot or what just happened in their game...

If my response was rude and unwarranted and completely unjustified, so be it. Apologies to the OP. I'll just avoid attempting to help anyone from this point on, so I can be sure I don't cross that line and drive the community away.

I didn't realize that pointing out a thread exists specifically for this type of question was overtly rude and demanding.

This community is very very helpful toward newer gamers who are trying to figure the game out. We aren't harsh or nasty, don't call people stupid, and tend to be pretty patient in answering the same questions over and over. Pointing out that a thread exists already for this exact type of question - without making a harsh and unneeded comment like "you didn't need to start a new thread for this" - is helping someone integrate into the commnity in my mind. The preference of this community - and most on the Web - is to make use of threads that are intended for a given purpose. There is a reason those threads exist rather someone starting a new thread every time they have any question, want to share screenshot or what just happened in their game...

If my response was rude and unwarranted and completely unjustified, so be it. Apologies to the OP. I'll just avoid attempting to help anyone from this point on, so I can be sure I don't cross that line and drive the community away.

That is not what I mean, I don't think anyone would want you to stop helping others out as you know what you are talking about and are a great help to others. I saw what you put as being exactly what you meant it to be.

All I am saying is, and it did not happen here because you said it in a helpful manner, people can take things out of context. The last thing I would want is for you to stop helping others. Sorry I brought this up and please do not stop helping others.

That is not what I mean, I don't think anyone would want you to stop helping others out as you know what you are talking about and are a great help to others. I saw what you put as being exactly what you meant it to be.

All I am saying is, and it did not happen here because you said it in a helpful manner, people can take things out of context. The last thing I would want is for you to stop helping others. Sorry I brought this up and please do not stop helping others.

Overreaction over... sorry... but I am glad you brought this up because it does make me want clarify something. Apologies for using your thread for this Viper, but since it came up in here...

What literally happened with the post is that I wrote out a response that was nearly identical to smartman's, with the intent of adding a "by the way, small questions thread, etc" with the link at the end of the answer. I used another tab to go back to the General Discussion to grab the link to the Small Questions thread (thinking I was being helpful). I saw smartman had answered it, so I edited my post down to what it was and submited. The posts are literally two minutes apart.

This goes back to a couple other forums I've modded on, but I've always looked at helping newer posters to be an inclusive process. That means not just answering the direct question but also, when appropriate, helping the person understand beyond that. Whether its the game, the community, etc. I see it often enough here when someone asks a fairly basic question and the response is not only the answer but that the information can be found in the game's Help file. In the strictest sense, the mention of the Help file is unnecessary (like my addition and link was), but its also helping the person.

So my question is whether going beyond the direct enquiry is the right approach or not? Assuming its done in a polite, helpful manner. I really don't want to be the overbearing, snippy "vet" poster, but again, my basic intent is to help the poster as a whole, not just demand they conform to standards of behavior.

Overreaction over... sorry... but I am glad you brought this up because it does make me want clarify something. Apologies for using your thread for this Viper, but since it came up in here...

What literally happened with the post is that I wrote out a response that was nearly identical to smartman's, with the intent of adding a "by the way, small questions thread, etc" with the link at the end of the answer. I used another tab to go back to the General Discussion to grab the link to the Small Questions thread (thinking I was being helpful). I saw smartman had answered it, so I edited my post down to what it was and submited. The posts are literally two minutes apart.

This goes back to a couple other forums I've modded on, but I've always looked at helping newer posters to be an inclusive process. That means not just answering the direct question but also, when appropriate, helping the person understand beyond that. Whether its the game, the community, etc. I see it often enough here when someone asks a fairly basic question and the response is not only the answer but that the information can be found in the game's Help file. In the strictest sense, the mention of the Help file is unnecessary (like my addition and link was), but its also helping the person.

So my question is whether going beyond the direct enquiry is the right approach or not? Assuming its done in a polite, helpful manner. I really don't want to be the overbearing, snippy "vet" poster, but again, my basic intent is to help the poster as a whole, not just demand they conform to standards of behavior.

I have no problem if done in a helpful manner. Which you always seem to do, like I told you my problem is when newer people ask questions and they are given an answer in a condescending answer. You never do this but there are others who do and I do not agree with that.

I have no problem when people give an answer but then tell the poster that said answer is in the help file and they might want to check that out the next time. I do have a problem when someone just posts, "This is what the help file is for."

How is that helping someone? Some people might need others to explain it to them as they do not understand what is said in the help file. I mean Adam's help files are pretty straight forward but other games might not be.

I honestly don't see why people put up a fuss over people opening new threads for questions that have been answered a hundred different ways. Threads that mean something find their way to the top and those that don't get shuffled to the bottom. Simple as that. :D

Fair enough.

I think the only reason I care at this point is because it was drilled into me on another site that i modded at, where we contantly had to merge threads that covered similar topics. It was quite necessary there, as you would see things like someone starting three separate threads to share their thoughts on a given storyline - it literally happened recently with 3 threads on CM Punk started by the same poster within a couple hours, and the last one actually just continuing the stuff from the previous one...

I think the main arguement for maintaining the common threads and encouraging their usage is really just avoid clutter. Yeah, they disappear eventually, but they push down regular threads in the meantime. Same basic reason that Adam wanted individual threads for the WWE, TNA, etc, rather than new threads popping up constantly for different aspects of each promotion.

I have no problem if done in a helpful manner. Which you always seem to do, like I told you my problem is when newer people ask questions and they are given an answer in a condescending answer. You never do this but there are others who do and I do not agree with that.

I have no problem when people give an answer but then tell the poster that said answer is in the help file and they might want to check that out the next time. I do have a problem when someone just posts, "This is what the help file is for."

How is that helping someone? Some people might need others to explain it to them as they do not understand what is said in the help file. I mean Adam's help files are pretty straight forward but other games might not be.

Fair enough. Yes to going beyond the question, no to being a jerk. Got it :-)

Now can you guys go the kiss and make up part? :D:D:D:D

We did. Happened via PM. You missed it. Want the pics?

enquiry

inquiry.

*runs out of topic naked*

*runs back into topic*

arguement

argument.

*runs back out of topic naked*

*runs back into topic*

From the years I've spent on the Internet, as well as the years spent as the resident e-punching bag, I've learned this:

Don't get offended over anything. Assume a person isn't being a jerk. If they were, then either taking it not that way will make them frustrated (justice), or they'll continue in such a manner (banhammer).

Two people that are always very helpful whenever they can be, have just misread each other. This is kind of funny, when reading it from my perspective.

The first comment about "Shouldn't a Mod Police" was, at least looking at if from my viewpoint, mistaken on what the statement was actually meant for.

The following comments about "I'll just quit doing that then" was because they were afraid they looked as if they were doing that, which of course was not the intention. Then on and on...

Really, both were trying to be helpfull. The very first comment about the small questions thread was trying to be helpful for future reference. The "Shouldn't a Mod.." do that, was because the other guy was afraid that answer might upset the OP.

Both trying to make a new guy feel welcome, but the whole thing was all just a missunderstanding from the very start (except the actual first answer to the OP which was the actual answer to the question).

Every post from there on out has been totally off topic, but almost needed to keep two guys helping people out, that both felt as if they could have been interpreted to say something they did not mean (and both are correct, at least in regards to each other), lol.

Archived