The London-Verse

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks, probably because it isn't the most flattering of physical characteristics. :p

No but wrestlers should be tough looking! That's one of my bigger complaints about both CVerse 77 and the later workers in C-verse Classic :) The majority are very "boyish". Actually that's a reflection of current wrestling, too, but it doesn't mean I have to like it! :)

Leyendas de Lucha Libre de Liga (LLLL)

Bio: Leyendas de Lucha Libre opened in 1949 as Lucha Libre Liga del Norte de México in Northern Mexico and quickly became the dominant force in Mexican wrestling, with many Luchadors of several generations owing their fame and success to the promotional skills of owner and head booker Gomez Sancho. By the time he retired at the age of 70 1995 LLLNM was popular not only in Mexico but in the Southern United States as well.

New owner and former multi-time LLLNM Campeón de Mexicana Hugo Hernandez felt the way to go was to make the promotion more 'US friendly' and went to the extent of hiring some former AWF cruiserweights to make some gains in the US. However this caused the Mexican audience to turn off in droves and also saw a drop in the US too. Hugo realised the true appeal of LLLNM, providing traditional lucha libre and all the theatrics that entails. He changed the name to Leyendas de Lucha Libre de Liga in 2005 and went back to true lucha libre. The business has never looked better!

Set To Open: January 1949

Prestige: 90%

Momentum: A

Money: $2,000,000

Drug Policy: None

Product

Traditional: Key Feature

Lucha: Key Feature

Pure: Low

Modern: Low

Daredevil: Medium

Popularity

USA: Varies(better in the South)

Canada: 30%

Mexico: 85%

UK: 20%

Japan: 45%

Europe: 22%

Australia: 5%

Size: ????

Championships

LLLL Mundo Campeón de la Liga

LLLL México Campeón de la Liga

LLLL Parejas Campeón de la Liga

LLLL Trios Campeón de la Liga

EDIT: Oooops, may have got the wrong end of the stick there :o

Does anybody have any suggestions for Mexican based promotions? I've never been particularly good with that area of wrestling.

The lucha company I've used for various games is Extremo Moderno Lucha Libre (Modern Extreme Wrestling) though it's uses the initials MLL instead of EMLL.

Product:

Key Features are Lucha and Modern.

Heavy Features are Hardcore and Daredevil.

Medium Feature is Traditional.

Bio and background varies depending on what save I'm using, but as the name would imply they are meant to be something of a "rebel" promotion, and typically I have them set to be run by either an American or European, reflecting that the owner "doesn't get" lucha, and felt the need to spice it up a bit, while keeping some of the traditions.

Championships-

Campeón Nacional Mexicano(Main Event)

Rey del Anillo (Main Event, sometimes Floating)

Campeones del Trios (Midcard or Floating)

Campeones del Parejas (Lower or Midcard)

Campeón de la X-División (Floating)

El Gran Desafío (Main Event, annual tournament)

I got this idea (hope it works)

Lucha Fantastica Galactica (Fantastic galactic Lucha)

Bio: Founded in 2005 in Mexico City, LFG is a mix between lucha and comedy wrestling. The idea is simple: give people some hours of fun and relax. The roster is full of fool masked wrestlers. The tag team division is highly respected (someone says to cover the fact that they are not good performers). The owner is Pollo Interstelar/Armando Borja (Interstellar Chicken) a 42 y.o.

Prestige: 16%

Momentum: D or random

Money: $ 50,000

Drug Policy: None

Product

Traditional: Key Feature

Lucha: Key Feature

Comedy: Key Features

Modern: Medium

Mainstream: Medium

Size: small

Championships

LFG Campeón FantasticoGalactico

LFG Parejas Campeón

LFG Trios Campeón de la Liga

The idea is to create a very fun Promotion based on low level and quite unknow wrestlers

Thank you to those who have suggested various Mexican promotions, it has been a huge help. :)

All the characters that have been submitted so far and those created by myself are now in the data.

What I am going to do now is finalise the details of various promotions and post their bios on the front page. Whilst doing this, I will also be creating renders for the various owners etc.

All I have to say now is:

Worker Submissions Are Re-Opened But Please Stick To Japanese Workers For This Installment!

Name: The Warlock

Size: Heavyweight(Or Larger if need be.)

Ethnicity: Asian

Nationality: Japanese

Appearance: Truly I have no Idea. Something that makes him look as intimidating as possible.

Ring Style: Brawler

Finisher: Hell Storm(Chokeslam off Top Rope into ring or Apron to floor), Warlock(Full Nelson, Think Masterlock)

Bio: The Warlock is one of the most powerful and truly scary guys in wrestling today. With his Full Nelson hold he has dubbed The Warlock he has made a name for himself becoming a commoner to the Independent scene in Japan.

EDIT: Another one.

Name: Hellbringer

Size: Heavyweight

Nationality: Japanese

Appearance: Red Mask with a white star on the forehead(A black outline around the star as well)

Finisher: Gateway To Hell(Powerbomb)

Bio: The legendary Hellbringer is one of Japans oldest and finest wrestlers. The iconic red mask is said to be one of the most valuable items in wrestling history. Still a huge name for Japan but has been dealing with a rash of knee injury's, all minor but are quickly adding up.

Name: "Samoan Samurai" Tangi Seone

Ethnicity: Samoan

Appearance: Long black hair, stoic

Finisher: Honor & Glory (Kata Hajime)

Bio: Tangi Seone is a second generation star, who has become a cult favorite in Japan. Son of Siki Seone (Samoan father who wrestled as Savage Ree alongside his brother Rongo "Savage Err" Seone) and Aja Daichi, a Japanese female wrestler of little accomplishment. Tangi has striven to break the Samoan stereotype that a lot of wrestlers have fallen into, by taking on the Samoan Samurai persona, a warrior of the highest honor and courage.

---------

Name: Naginata/Eri Hama

Size: Light Heavyweight

Ethnicity: Japanese

Appearance: Black and silver mask/Whatever moves you

Ring Style: Japanese Junior

Finisher: Steel Edge (Running Superkick)

Tag Finisher: Warrior's Way (Combination Steel Edge/Tsuka Thrust)

Bio: Eri Hama is the masked young Naginata, who wrestles as one half of the talented Blades of Steel. Teamed with Jun Jiro early in their respective careers, the duo became the masked weapons to counteract their relative blandness.

----------

Name: Sai/Jun Jiro

Size: Lightweight

Ethnicity: Japanese

Appearance: Black and silver mask/Whatever works for you

Ring Style: Technician

Finisher: Tsuka Thrust (Double stomp from top rope)

Bio: Jun Jiro is the younger member of the Blades of Steel tag team, who has shown an impressive ability to transition from hold to hold, allowing him to work on various joints, before using his flashy Tsuka Thrust finishing move. Many have speculated that Jiro is the member of the Blades who has the best chance to succeed on his own, although his inexperience makes that a non issue at this point.

Name: Takashi Ogiwara

Ring Style: Puroresu

Skill set should be largely geared to Rumble with some nice technical ability. Mic skills should be low with some nice charisma and performance skills should be relatively high. (It is your mod after all)

Appearance: Based largely on Masahiro Chono but with a shaved head. Creative freedom is up to you but I would like his leather jacket if you have the props for it.

Finisher Raider Saber: Swiss Death

Bio: Takashi Ogiwara is a 24 year veteran of the Japanese wrestling scene. In his younger years he toured around America learning how to bring both the hard hitting style of Puroresu but also demonstrating the certain theatrics of American Wrestlers.

Getting older and plenty of surgery on his knees he looks to be taking up a role as a trainer or a road agent.

Archived