The London-Verse

I totally have a guy in my mod named Samoan Samurai. Glad I'm not the only person who thought it sounded awesome.

It does have a nice sound to it. I was trying to figure out a good name that broke convention when it comes to Samoan wrestlers, and adding the Samurai handle to fit it into Japanese culture seemed to work well.

Not positive I'm comfortable with Savage Ree and Savage Err, though. Just seems lazy on my part. lol

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Name: Kamikaze Kid

Size: Lightweight

Ethnicity: Asian

Nationality: Japanese

Appearance: Right headband, Shaggy hair, Mutton Chops

Ring Style: Japanese Junior

Finisher: Pearl Harbor (Pinfall)

Bio: Kamikaze Kid is a very non-PC character. Chang Yao has developed the character to try to get some kind reaction from the crowd and owners of federations alike.

------------------------

Name: Wreckless

Size: Heavyweight

Appearance: Version of Ax

Ring Style: Brawler

Finisher: Backbreaker

Bio: Wreckless is one-half of the tag team known as 'Massive Damage'. There isn't much different from Wreckless and Suffering other than Wreckless is more grounded than Suffering.

Name: Suffering

Size: Middleweight

Appearance: Version of Smash

Finisher: Sidwalk Slam

Bio: Suffering is one-half of the tag team known as 'Massive Damage'. There isn't much different from Wreckless and Suffering other than Suffering is a little more aerial

-----------------

Name: Ultimo Byakko

Size: Light Heavyweight

Appearance: I'm thinking more of a mixture of Ultimo Dragon/White Tiger Mask

Ring Style: Japanese Junior

Finisher: Tiger Claw (Submission)

Bio: Ultimo Byakko is a Young Lion in the business. Byakko is very talented at his young age, but he has a long way to go before he'll ever get the push or respect in Japan.

-------------

Name: Chóngdé Xú

Nationality: Chinese

Appearance: Bald, MMA Badass.

Ring Style: MMA Crossover

Finisher: ...

Bio: 'The Chinese Knockout Artist' Chóngdé Xú is known heavily in the MMA world. Xú is a very good knockout artist, but his attitude and drug problems as well as his lack of knowledge in the wrestling world will be his downfall.

Sutherland and Holden both look really good, London!

Sorry for this many all at once but I'm going away soon so I won't have the opportunity to help out for a while.

---

Name: Rocket Harinobu

Ethnicity: Japanese (Asian)

Appearance: Dyed hair again would be cool (not as elaborate at the Jin-cut though), but otherwise... licence for you?

Ring Style: Japanese Junior, poor resilience

Gimmick: Is daredevil a gimmick? I don't have the game in front of me. Along the lines of thrill seeker/extremist.

Bio: Reckless risk-taker Harinobu Oga is an exciting Japanese Junior who shows promise both on the mat and in the air - with his crazy dives leading to him being dubbed 'Rocket'. However, whilst his high-flying antics certainly wow the crowds, they also lead to Harinobu frequently getting injured, which at his young age is something of a worry.

Finisher: ROCKET Launch (Impact... definitely something off the top ropes)

------

Name: E.S.P

Appearance: Hm... this might be a little TOO specific, but I guess I'll say anyway: closed eyes, two fingers touching his temple, Professor X style. If that can't be done, then just closed eyes would be fine. Buzz cut (so if possible, evident that he's not bald).

Ring Style: Entertainer - good charisma and acting, poor on the microphone, strong psychology. Effectively the idea is that he's 'too good' to be a comedy worker.

Gimmick: Something comedy based but imprecise, as he's got a very very specific gimmick. (It'll come up in the bio)

Bio: E.S.P is a wrestler who works the bizarre gimmick of being psychic, with much of his psychology (with a judicious amount of scripting) being based around that. Moves are countered before they happen, ambushes and run-ins are thwarted and on the rare occasions E.S.P gives an interview, questions are answered before they are asked. Naturally this is played strictly for laughs, although E.S.P portrays himself one hundred percent seriously. A pretty good worker for his age, some believe that shorn of his gimmick, E.S.P could have climbed a lot farther, a lot more quickly.

Finisher: Psychokinesis (Pinfall)

-----

Name: Creep

Appearance: Another one that might be a bit over specific... liquid black eyes (hurrah for contacts). Basically he should just have a very disconcerting stare.

Ring Style: Cruiserweight with very high acting

Gimmick: Something weird. Vanilla weirdo?

Bio: Creep (Todanori Mushiga) is a former gymnast who seems to be making it his mission in life to be as freaky as humanly possible, often coming across more as a horror movie monster than an actual wrestler. Creep's antics include but are not limited to crawling on the ground and across the mat, licking his opponents' faces, and clinging to ceilings. Thanks to both his past training and double-jointedness, Creep seems set to, well... creep people out for some time to come.

Finisher: Darkest Nightmare (Impact), True Terror (Impact)

-----

Name: Keiko Matoshi

Size: Very small

Appearance: Very wholesome and youthful looking

Ring Style: Raw regular wrestler

Gimmick: Old school face

Bio: Rookie Keiko Matoshi is a fresh-face on the Japanese scene, and as such it's a little early to say how far she might go. What is clear already though is that she's an absolute natural babyface thanks to her innocent look.

Finisher: German Suplex

------

Name: Junya Muramoto

Appearance: 'All-business' type of look. Stubbled.

Ring Style: Puroresu, but technically-inclined.

Gimmick: Arrogant heel

Bio: Hard-as-nails Junya Muramoto is an unforgivingly stiff worker who loves nothing more than slapping on a nice and tight submission hold. Earlier in his career, Muramoto was a pretty generic worker who showed little in the way of personality. However, a six month lay-off due to an injury provided him with the opportunity to reinvent himself as a super arrogant heel, which has given his career a real boost.

Finisher: Touch of Greatness (Impact)

-----

Name: Mazushika Takigami

Size: Big Heavyweight

Appearance: Suit and sunglasses - a bodyguard type character

Ring Style: Brawler, your typical 'big, powerful and scary guy', so pretty plodding.

Gimmick: Bodyguard

Bio: Mazushika Takigami is a fairly run-of-the-mill big man, showing off a lot of brute strength but little in the way of agility or finesse. Recently, his career has had a big boost when he was attached to Junya Muramoto, acting as the other wrestler's bodyguard and sometimes tag team partner, leading to noticeable strides in Takigami's work.

Finisher: Devastator (Impact)

----

Name: Yoshinari Date

Appearance: Somewhat haggard-looking, but with a determined expression.

Ring Style: All-rounder

Gimmick: I uh... have no idea.

Bio: Yoshinari Date's early career was marked with an insane amount of hype - promoters saw a young powerhouse with a great look and multiple dimensions to his game and went absolutely wild for him. Date ascended to dizzying heights extremely quickly... then came crashing down to earth so hard he left cracks in the pavement. Not only did he get busted for possession of steroids, just two weeks afterwards, he suffered a drugs overdose, leaving him both a physical wreck and unemployed at just 22. Since then, Date has worked hard to get clean and rehabilitate himself, finally getting his life and career back on track in -two yearsish before data start- when -one of the bigger Japanese promotions- signed him.

Finisher: Tiger Explosion (Impact)

P.S: Both Date's steroids and hard drugs habits should be set to reformed and known, probably fairly low for each, since they're past demons and not things he's still grappling with.

Sutherland and Holden both look really good, London!

Sorry for this many all at once but I'm going away soon so I won't have the opportunity to help out for a while.

---

Name: Rocket Harinobu

Appearance: Dyed hair again would be cool (not as elaborate at the Jin-cut though), but otherwise... licence for you?

Ring Style: Japanese Junior, poor resilience

Gimmick: Is daredevil a gimmick? I don't have the game in front of me. Along the lines of thrill seeker/extremist.

Bio: Reckless risk-taker Harinobu Oga is an exciting Japanese Junior who shows promise both on the mat and in the air - with his crazy dives leading to him being dubbed 'Rocket'. However, whilst his high-flying antics certainly wow the crowds, they also lead to Harinobu frequently getting injured, which at his young age is something of a worry.

Finisher: ROCKET Launch (Impact... definitely something off the top ropes)

------

Name: E.S.P

Appearance: Hm... this might be a little TOO specific, but I guess I'll say anyway: closed eyes, two fingers touching his temple, Professor X style. If that can't be done, then just closed eyes would be fine. Buzz cut (so if possible, evident that he's not bald).

Ring Style: Entertainer - good charisma and acting, poor on the microphone, strong psychology. Effectively the idea is that he's 'too good' to be a comedy worker.

Gimmick: Something comedy based but imprecise, as he's got a very very specific gimmick. (It'll come up in the bio)

Bio: E.S.P is a wrestler who works the bizarre gimmick of being psychic, with much of his psychology (with a judicious amount of scripting) being based around that. Moves are countered before they happen, ambushes and run-ins are thwarted and on the rare occasions E.S.P gives an interview, questions are answered before they are asked. Naturally this is played strictly for laughs, although E.S.P portrays himself one hundred percent seriously. A pretty good worker for his age, some believe that shorn of his gimmick, E.S.P could have climbed a lot farther, a lot more quickly.

Finisher: Psychokinesis (Pinfall)

-----

Name: Creep

Appearance: Another one that might be a bit over specific... liquid black eyes (hurrah for contacts). Basically he should just have a very disconcerting stare.

Ring Style: Cruiserweight with very high acting

Gimmick: Something weird. Vanilla weirdo?

Bio: Creep (Todanori Mushiga) is a former gymnast who seems to be making it his mission in life to be as freaky as humanly possible, often coming across more as a horror movie monster than an actual wrestler. Creep's antics include but are not limited to crawling on the ground and across the mat, licking his opponents' faces, and clinging to ceilings. Thanks to both his past training and double-jointedness, Creep seems set to, well... creep people out for some time to come.

Finisher: Darkest Nightmare (Impact), True Terror (Impact)

-----

Name: Keiko Matoshi

Size: Very small

Appearance: Very wholesome and youthful looking

Ring Style: Raw regular wrestler

Gimmick: Old school face

Bio: Rookie Keiko Matoshi is a fresh-face on the Japanese scene, and as such it's a little early to say how far she might go. What is clear already though is that she's an absolute natural babyface thanks to her innocent look.

Finisher: German Suplex

------

Name: Junya Muramoto

Appearance: 'All-business' type of look. Stubbled.

Ring Style: Puroresu, but technically-inclined.

Gimmick: Arrogant heel

Bio: Hard-as-nails Junya Muramoto is an unforgivingly stiff worker who loves nothing more than slapping on a nice and tight submission hold. Earlier in his career, Muramoto was a pretty generic worker who showed little in the way of personality. However, a six month lay-off due to an injury provided him with the opportunity to reinvent himself as a super arrogant heel, which has given his career a real boost.

Finisher: Touch of Greatness (Impact)

-----

Name: Mazushika Takigami

Size: Big Heavyweight

Appearance: Suit and sunglasses - a bodyguard type character

Ring Style: Brawler, your typical 'big, powerful and scary guy', so pretty plodding.

Gimmick: Bodyguard

Bio: Mazushika Takigami is a fairly run-of-the-mill big man, showing off a lot of brute strength but little in the way of agility or finesse. Recently, his career has had a big boost when he was attached to Junya Muramoto, acting as the other wrestler's bodyguard and sometimes tag team partner, leading to noticeable strides in Takigami's work.

Finisher: Devastator (Impact)

----

Name: Yoshinari Date

Appearance: Somewhat haggard-looking, but with a determined expression.

Ring Style: All-rounder

Gimmick: I uh... have no idea.

Bio: Yoshinari Date's early career was marked with an insane amount of hype - promoters saw a young powerhouse with a great look and multiple dimensions to his game and went absolutely wild for him. Date ascended to dizzying heights extremely quickly... then came crashing down to earth so hard he left cracks in the pavement. Not only did he get busted for possession of steroids, just two weeks afterwards, he suffered a drugs overdose, leaving him both a physical wreck and unemployed at just 22. Since then, Date has worked hard to get clean and rehabilitate himself, finally getting his life and career back on track in -two yearsish before data start- when -one of the bigger Japanese promotions- signed him.

Finisher: Tiger Explosion (Impact)

P.S: Both Date's steroids and hard drugs habits should be set to reformed and known, probably fairly low for each, since they're past demons and not things he's still grappling with.

I'm glad people are contributing at all, so no complaints from me. :)

Name: Kitsune

Size: Lightweight (got to fit into Jr. divisions)

Ethnicity: Asian/Japanese

Appearance: Some type of mask/facepaint that looks like a fox.

Ring Style: Cruiserweight/Japanese Junior/Luchadore? (I don't know) Great highflyer, decent other things.

Bio: Kitsune (real name Daisuke Sasaki), is an exciting Junior Heavyweight in HLG. After graduating from the companies dojo, Sasaki spent many years honing his craft in a young lion role, rarely picking up wins. However Sasaki got a break in late 2008 when, veteran Junior Heavyweight competitor Shinigami took a shine to him and began working on a new gimmick for the rookie.

After several months off Sasaki re-debuted as the MASKED/FACE-PAINTED (delete as neccessarry) Kitsune and instantly beat his new backstage mentor to begin a long running fued between the two.

Gimmicks - Probably just Old School Face/Heel.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Shinigami

Size: Lightweight (got to fit into Jr. divisions)

Ethnicity: Asian/Japanese

Appearance: A dark looking mask. (Shinigami is kind of the grim reaper in Japan)

Ring Style: Cruiserweight/Japanese Junior/Luchadore? (I don't know) Great basics/psychology to reflect he is a veteran, slightly lower highflying stats than you would expect to show he is starting to slow down in the ring.

Bio: Sinigami is a veteran Junior Heavyweight within HLG, over his career he has claimed many titles and won several tournaments. Shinigami has exclusively been a heel throughout his career, playing a grim-reaper-esque character.

Gimmicks - Don't have the game with me right now, I think Grim Reaper is a good option (if I am rememering rightly that there is a gimmick like it in the gimmick set).

Couple more that came to me.

Name: Nobu Souta

Size: Super Heavyweight

Ethnicity: Japanese

Appearance: Sumo-ic

Finisher: Shini-tai (2nd rope seated splash)

Bio: Nobu Souta is a former sumo wrestler who, while very good, never achieved the title of yokozuna, or grand champion. However, Souta possessed amazing agility for a man his size, as well as a presence, which allowed him a somewhat smooth transition to the world of wrestling. Now a savvy veteran of the squared circle, slowed by the grind on his joints due to his weight, Souta is seen as more of a mentor than a wrestler.

-------

Name: Takeshi

Appearance: White face paint with red markings

Ring Style: Regular wrestler

Finisher: Rising Sun (Japanese style DDT)

Bio: Takeshi, whose real name is Takeshi Tarou, is highly sought out by the tape traders of wrestling. The "Fierce Warrior" has become something of a phenomenon, due to his intense style, strong offense, and heroic character, who portrays himself as the warrior of Japan.

-----------

Name: Makoto Masayoshi

Appearance: Short blonde hair (maybe a Japanese flag painted over one eye)

Ring Style: Regular Wrestler

Finisher: Rising Sun (Japanese style DDT)

Bio: Makoto Masayoshi is a young protege' of one Takeshi, and the first to be trained by the Fierce Warrior. He even uses the Rising Sun finishing move in homage of his mentor. With time, Masayoshi may progress to the levels of his teacher, but at this point in his career, Makoto needs experience, and patience.

Name: Tyrant

Appearance: Mike Awesome style mullet and road warrior animal style face paint.

Ring Style: Powerful brawler with little high flying.

Gimmick: Power and Paint

Bio: Despite having a decent power based skill set Tetsuya Yamada has spent the bulk of his career as a low level act, mainly due to his bland and unremarkable look. That all changed after Yamada worked a few dates on the American Independent circuit and reinvented himself as Tyrant, a painted powerhouse with a look that comes straight out of a post apocolyptic graphic novel. The future looks alot brighter for Yamada, who has recently begun to add some high flying moves to his repertoire to further develope his new character.

Finisher: Tyrant's Hammer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Emerald Scarab

Appearance: Masked (various shades of green) with red meshing over the eyes and scarab beetle like antenna.

Ring Style: Flyer

Gimmick: Comic Book Hero

Bio: Born Diajiro Shoji, The Emerald Scarab is an exciting high flyer who is fast becoming one of the most popular super juniors of our time. Though something of a cult favorite in his home country, Shoji's dream is to work in Mexico, an area that heavily influenced his in-ring style.

Finisher: Curse of the Scarab.

I have a request for a tag team

Tag Team: The Metal Militia

Tag Finisher: Heavy Metal Doomsday

Tag Team Experience: 64%

Ed Stein

Ethnicity: White

Nationality: Canadian

Appearance: Long dirty blonde hair, chiseled facial features

Ring Style: Regular Wrestler, all rounder with some fairly good skills

Finishers: Inverted Cross (Inverted Crucifix drop to reverse piledriver), Mosh Pit (Lifting Straightjacket facebuster), 630 Senton, The EDucation (STF with Armlock)

Victor Bauer

Nationality: American

Appearance: Wavy brown hair, rounded facial features

Ring Style: Brawler, high brawling and hardcore with very high power

Finishers: Fallout I (Scoop Brainbuster), Fallout II (Turnbuckle Brainbuster) Atom Bomb (Sitout Tiger Bomb), Megaton Crater (Gorilla Press Death Valley Driver)

Here's some comedy workers for your Japanese gameworld

Name: Shibou Otaku (alt: Atomic Otaku)

Size: (Not sure what the max size of the asian weight classes are, but he'd be on the upper end of the scale (in width, not height))

Appearance: Looks like a stereotypically version of a fat (shibou), creepy otaku/nerd, glasses and all (alt version with a pink and purple mask and cape)

Ring Style: Entertainer

Finisher: Magical Moe Love-Love Splash (impact), Princess Hug Pillow Submission

Bio: Fat chance of ever winning an award for his physical prowess, Shibou Otaku (real name Tama Katsubou) has managed to gain a name for himself with his over-the-top portrayal of a creepy anime fan. While he has typically been booked in a comical fashion, obsessing over anime figurines and using heavy bags of manga as an illegal weapon, his impressive size has managed to make him somewhat of a physical threat (even when his character is not).

(skip the alt if you want... I just threw it in there on a creative whim)

Name: GAIJIN Man

Size: Heightweight

Appearance: All American blonde and square jawed, but a little bit clueless

Ring Style: Regular

Finisher: No Problem! (lariat)

Bio: Steve Gleeman joined the wrestling industry not long after he turned 18, and cut his teeth in Canada where he worked for [insert a couple of Canadian promotions here] under the alias of Steven Steveman. At the age of 24 he traveled to Japan, becoming a part of the [insert company name] roster, going by the name of GAIJIN Man and playing upon his western nationality as a part of his gimmick.

Name: Tonahashi Anafune

Size: Small

Appearance: Thin moustache. Glasses. Wears wine-red suit.

Ring Style: Non-wrestler.

Finisher: None.

Skills: No in-ring skills. Good at mic and charisma. Is friend with many important wrestlers of the Japanese scene.

Bio: Tonahashi Anafune is a professional manga artist and maskmaker who has done many of the the popular superstar's maskes. He has always been a big fan of puroresu, and occasionally makes appearances on shows as colour commentator, which has made him well-known among wrestling fans.

Are you looking for non-wrestlers as well? If so when this Japanese only submission ends I could come up with some non-wrestler bios. If not, well when you go back to accepting non-Japanese workers I will add some on here (Simply because I know nothing about Japan or Mexico in terms of wrestling.).

Are you looking for non-wrestlers as well? If so when this Japanese only submission ends I could come up with some non-wrestler bios. If not, well when you go back to accepting non-Japanese workers I will add some on here (Simply because I know nothing about Japan or Mexico in terms of wrestling.).

Non-wrestlers would be fine, although I now have 28 new renders to create so:

Submission Window Is Closed Once More!

I got another idea for a Mexican Promotion (sorry maybe it's too late)

LUCHA AUTENTICA - TRADITION Y CULTURA

This promotion was born in 2000. The owner is Antonio Medina a 50y.o. luchadores who was a really respected wrestler when he was young. He is famous as a great professionist and solid worker. Sadly he lacks charisma to become a real main eventer, thus he gained tag team belt all over Mexico and sometimes fight for tha main single belt (never win anyway).

The idea is to cut out all American influences and came back to "real" and "original" lucha.

Actually the roster is a place were old and respected luchadores can continue to make business. Becoming older, Medina is actually hiring some young to teach them the real tradition of lucha.

Without influences from USA and never cares about mainstream thier shows will never be linked with word as "AMAZING": on the other side they will be linked to "SOLID" and "WATCHABLE".

PRODUCT:

LUCHA - MAIN

TRADITIONAL - MAIN

All others none or very low

Heel face divide Heavy

The idea is to create a place that could be a Mexican mix between NYCW and MAW

Name: The Warlock

Size: Heavyweight(Or Larger if need be.)

Appearance: Truly I have no Idea. Something that makes him look as intimidating as possible.

Finisher: Hell Storm(Chokeslam off Top Rope into ring or Apron to floor), Warlock(Full Nelson, Think Masterlock)

Bio: The Warlock is one of the most powerful and truly scary guys in wrestling today. With his Full Nelson hold he has dubbed The Warlock he has made a name for himself becoming a commoner to the Independent scene in Japan.

EDIT: Another one.

http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx252/LoNdOn_BeAsT/London-Verse/TheWorlock.jpg

Name: Hellbringer

Appearance: Red Mask with a white star on the forehead(A black outline around the star as well)

Finisher: Gateway To Hell(Powerbomb)

Bio: The legendary Hellbringer is one of Japans oldest and finest wrestlers. The iconic red mask is said to be one of the most valuable items in wrestling history. Still a huge name for Japan but has been dealing with a rash of knee injury's, all minor but are quickly adding up.

http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx252/LoNdOn_BeAsT/London-Verse/Hellbringer-3.jpg

Archived