WLW: The Impossible Tale of Jeremy Reed

The letter felt like a brick in my hands as I read the words but they just sunk right into the paper. I couldn’t believe it. I then looked up at my father’s longtime friend and lawyer, Peter Stantz. Pete had the most blank expression while he talked to me about my father’s will considering he was just as in shock as I was about the whole situation. My dad was always careful but I guess six inches of hard rainfall was enough to drown the poor bastard.

“I’m sorry about your loss Jeremy,” Peter stammered. “Your dad was not just a client but a dear friend. That letter you hold in your hand plus the terms we just discussed is all that your father left you.”

Exiting out of the building, I was still distraught. I wasn’t heartbroken though because I barely knew Nathaniel Reed III. He was always too busy to even hug me on Christmas. I guess it was just the shock that my own biological father is now dead. I entered my jeep wrangler car parked on the street and finally read the letter with the shock wearing off.

Dear son,

Attached to this letter is a legal document stating your share to your new company. I always thought you were a very bright boy and loved to watch you play at your baseball games even though you swung too much at those high ones. I’m sure your wondering how I saw your games? Well, you never know what a broker can sneak out of just to see his son play baseball.

Anyways, the document states that you have a legal right to take over the books and day to day operations. I always thought you’d enjoy the challenge of this new undertaking. It is my deepest wish that you get all the success you can in life. It took me too long to realize that success doesn’t just come from hard work but also comes from the help of others.

Your father,

Nathaniel Reed III

I then looked at the next document and read the first line:

“Congratulations, Mr. Reed! You are now entitled to the head booker position of World Level Wrestling! Please call the following number at the bottom of the page in order to proceed.”

The only thought in my head was... What the hell?!

To Be Continued…

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The next day I had to take two flights to Tokyo, Japan in order to meet some of the shortest board of directors I’d ever seen! They spoke passable English even though sometimes it was hard to even catch words like “Real” and “Roger.” However, after having an insatiable meal of squid, noodles, and getting used to chopsticks I had started to enjoy myself in the longest time.

Then two men came in introducing themselves as Andrew and Steven. They were supposedly some of the premiere Gaijin in the wrestling world. Sometimes I wasn’t sure if gaijin was meant to be derogatory or honorable but I just shrugged it off.

Andrew was from America and worked in WLW as The Tic. Wow… now I knew who I was dealing with. Steven had quite an English accent and spoke about wrestling almost all over the world as UK Dragon. …Touching.

I was still wondering why I went along with this charade ever since I got the letter from father but I just bit my tongue and said my pleasantries to these guys. I met another lawyer who spoke great English even though he had terrible teeth started explaining to me along with Steven and Andrew about the situation.

Let’s hope this brings the “Long story short”-- apparently my dad had struck a business deal with Koji Kojima while he was still getting WLW off the ground. That was when my dad was in the marketing business. He helped Koji get sponsorship deals while taking trips back and forth between Japan and USA. Now here’s the tricky part, Koji was so honored by my dad’s loyalty that he told him that he’d have to help him out and gave him a legal document saying that when he died, one of his kin would either earn a lump sum of 10,000 or be given the chance to shine behind the booking desk of WLW. What do you think my dad did? He took the ten thousand and told Koji that I’d be given the chance! ME! His only son!

Argghhh!!!! Was what screamed in my mind!

“Jeremy, you okay?” Andrew said while licking his chopsticks.

“No, I’d rather have 10,000 dollars than be over here trying to do something I have no clue in doing. This story seems like it’s out of a cheesy movie. Even more, this kind of story seems really impossible!”

A long pause hit the table as Steven said jokingly, “I think I’m going to powder from the table and go take a dump.”

Andrew was the only one who laughed. Actually, it was more like a chuckle. I’m surprised noodles didn’t fall out of his nose.

“Just relax, Jeremy. Before you know it, you’ll get the hang of things. Maybe even in the next five minutes!” Andrew exclaimed while drinking some sake.

“Alright Andrew, can I at least get some information about the company. I don’t need everything just a little something before the next show.”

He did. He gave me the full roster from Magnum Kobe to Panda Mask II. He gave me all the general information I needed to know in order to book the shows, the titles and what they meant, and the show names.

He also said "one more thing"... that Dark Eagle wanted to be in the main event of the first show.

“How about Eagle vs. Kobe for the Universal title? And how about we tweak the schedule since we’re running a touring promotion, why not have two touring events Wednesday and Thursday and then at the end of each month top it off with a bigger event like Fame & Fortune, Power & Glory and all that.” I interjected abruptly.

Andrew slid back in his chair. “There you go, Jeremy, now you’re thinking like a true booker!”

Honestly, I was just saying something to sound like I knew what I was talking about. And getting really nervous about the guy staring at us in the corner of the restaurant with the black and yellow mask…

WLW Red Dragon Tour (Show #1)

Wednesday Week 1 January

Iwata Hall (Tohoku region)

1,000 SELL OUT!

Before the show started, Yosuke Narita took SPEED D under his wing as a protégé. A number of the workers in the back came up to SPEED to congratulate him… some gave him the honorable stiff chops for finding a mentor like the wrestler formerly known as Awesome Thunder. Geez, some crazy traditions they have in Japan.

Opening Match: Americana vs. Hell Monkey for the WLW Show Stealer title

The first match was fast paced and was the kind of style I like. I think at one point Americana tried a springboard hurricanrana in the corner but Hell Monkey caught him and reversed it into the tumbling monkey off the middle rope! Hell Monkey makes his first title defense of the World Level Show Stealer title.

Match Rating: C-

Match 2: Acid Dragon vs. VILLAINS

Despite the initial praises in the back, the crowd seemed to be completely against SPEED D in this match. I’m not sure what they were saying but I know that it was pretty bad stuff. Anyways, Acid hit Hypnos with his powerbomb variation, the Acid Rain Bomb.

Match Rating: D

Match 3: Ketsueki Karasu vs. The Tic vs. Panda Mask II

The Tic hit the Tic Leap but Karasu’s lackey, Nichiren Amagawa, distracted him while the wrestler formerly known as Blood Raven took it upon himself to grab a chair to hit both men and defeat Panda Mask II in this hardcore-esque match that ended at 9:43.

Promo…

Hisato comes out to cut a promo but the lights go out and a loud thud his heard in the ring. When the lights come back on Hisato is not only down but bloodied. Medical staff and some of the wrestlers come out to help him to the back to get medical attention.

Promo Rating: C-

Match 4: Silver Shark vs. Beetle Kimura

These two men looked evenly matched as they went back and forth. The crowd was still distraught about Hisato although, Silver Shark planted Beetle down with the Jaws of Life to get the submission victory at 12:01.

Match 5: Emerald Angel vs. Koki Ishibashi

Both men looked to be in top form as the Def-REALM stablemates shook hands in the ring before the fight. Angel got the win after moving out of the way of a twisting moonsault and planted Koki with a running Angel Fury at 13:46.

Match Rating: C

Match 6: Dark Eagle vs. Magnum Kobe

Both men gave it their all in this match even going outside and fighting through the crowd. Classic WLW style! Kobe even gave Eagle a headscissors right into the post! However, Eagle came back when they got in the ring with a fluid flurry of mat based maneuvers followed by a springboard corkscrew moonsault for a false finish. Eagle then hit the Eagle Shock but Kobe fluidly kicked out and locked in the Magnum Deathlock for the submission victory at 19:57!

Match Rating: B

I was informed by Chomei's beard after the show that I need to book better angles to match the quality of matches in the ring. I told him to ease off the rice cakes and give me some time to adjust… seriously!

Overall Show Rating: C+

OOC: Firstly, I hope people enjoyed the backstory as much as I liked typing it. It's my mission to make this as tongue-in-cheek as possible.

Second, for the shows: Centered alignment vs. Left alignment. Tell me which is better because it was annoying me as I was typing it up.

Third, would you guys like me to list the champions, roster, and such? I just didn't think about that kind of stuff until now. Focused on getting this show up. Cheers!

From the desk of the new head booker of WLW, Jeremy Reed

Hello LuchaResu fans! Strangely, I'm becoming somewhat familiar with the wrestling world of WLW. I have met other gaijin like The Tic, UK Dragon, Hell Monkey, and Acid. We've exchanged ideas about the new direction of the company.

That being said, I've also met with ex-head booker Koki Ishibashi and owner Koji Kojima to discuss the possible future of WLW. Despite some bizzare things happening since taking over it seems as though things are pleasant between everyone as we move forward.

Now, here's the card for the next show!

WLW Red Dragon Tour (Show #2)

Above & Below (Emerald Angel & Hell Monkey) vs. Unity Two (Koki Ishibashi & Koji Kojima)

Tap Out Championship match: Nichiren Amagawa vs. Rogue Matsuo SF ©

Streetfight Championship Match: Toyokuni Hardcore vs. Insane Machine ©

Acid Dragon (Acid & UK Dragon) vs. HEROES (Beetle Kimura & Panda Mask II)

Mokuami Maita vs. Yosuke Narita

MAIN EVENT: Kazuma Narato vs. The Great Hisato*

*Hisato has been medically cleared to compete. Will he be 100%?!

Above & Below (Emerald Angel & Hell Monkey) vs. Unity Two (Koki Ishibashi & Koji Kojima)

Its fairly early and I dont think that any of your champions should be losing their titles this soon.

Big Insane Machine fan so I have to go with him, plus like I stated earlier I don't think its a good idea to have a title switch hands this early.

I have a feeling that Narato will win the match with the note you gave on the Great Hisato. Even if he is at 100% he will not win this match because Kazuma is awesome!

Also glad to see that you are starting a dynasty and I hope that you can stick with it. This is also the first dynasty for a Japenese company that I have decided to follow because like you probably know I tend to stay away from Japan in the game and Japanese dynasties in general even though this one caught my eye. I will be following keep up the great work!

Its fairly early and I dont think that any of your champions should be losing their titles this soon.

Big Insane Machine fan so I have to go with him, plus like I stated earlier I don't think its a good idea to have a title switch hands this early.

I have a feeling that Narato will win the match with the note you gave on the Great Hisato. Even if he is at 100% he will not win this match because Kazuma is awesome!

Also glad to see that you are starting a dynasty and I hope that you can stick with it. This is also the first dynasty for a Japenese company that I have decided to follow because like you probably know I tend to stay away from Japan in the game and Japanese dynasties in general even though this one caught my eye. I will be following keep up the great work!

I approve these predictions. Good luck with the diary. WLW is a lot of fun if you let it be. :)

Thursday Week 1 January 2010

Ibaraki Community Hall (Kanto)

Attendance: 963

Before the show Koki Ishibashi took Toyokuni Hardcore under his wing as his protégé. Again… more chops and congrats to Hardcore backstage. Koki was still in his warm up gear so I told him for the sake of all that is holy, get ready for your match that starts in about five minutes! Argh!

Match 1: Above & Below vs. Unity Two

In about a fifteen minute opener, these two teams gave a great performance and the fans ate it up. They even did a spot where John… I mean, Hell Monkey got Kojima on his shoulders while Angel tried springboard clothesline. Instead, Koji rolled Hell Monkey up for a false finish and Angel nailed Koki to the outside! Above & Below then followed up with a Hell’s Angel Spike for the win!

Winners by pinfall: Above & Below

Match 2: Nichiren Amagawa vs. Rogue Matsuo SF for the WLW Tap Out Title

This match was really short as they did a lot of ground and pound offense to get the upper hand. I think at one point, Amagawa nailed Rogue right in the eye socket! I think that lit a fire under Rogue as he turned him around and hit the CTU Control Technique for his first title defense.

Winner by submission and STILL World Level Tap Out Champion: Rogue Matsuo SF

Match 3: Toyokuni Hardcore vs. Insane Machine, Tables Match for the WLW Streetfighting Championship

Machine came out and refused to put his title on the line so Hardcore just hits him with a chair wrapped in barbed wire to start the match! The match is then made a NON-TITLE MATCH as they brawl throughout the ring and the outside. Machine even did a tombstone piledriver on the outside onto a chair for a false finish! Once they get back in the ring, Hardcore pounds on Machine until he nails a powerbomb through the table! Hardcore spits on Machine as he leaves the ring in disgust.

Winner: Toyokuni Hardcore

Match Rating: D+

Promo…

Magnum Kobe talks about the valiant effort his Red Guild cohort, Dark Eagle, gave in their match the night before. He also went on to talk about how his next move is to eradicate Def-Realm and specifically Emerald Angel! I think some fans were also tossing around a beach ball during this part of the show… I could be wrong though.

Promo Rating: B-

Match 4: Acid Dragon vs. HEROES

Solid bout that saw some good false finishes even a Spanish fly… or a Japan fly from the corner by Beetle Kimura. UK Dragon eventually got the win over Panda Mask II with a Dragon Drop. It also helped that Acid held back Kimura from stopping the pinfall.

Winners by pinfall: Acid Dragon

Match Rating: C-

Match 5: Yosuke Narita vs. Mokuami Maita

Both men were in top form in this match as they even took it outside early on. The ref almost even counted the 20! A suplex on the outside is all Maita needed to get control early on. If only these guys had another ten minutes it probably would have been a classic with all the top rope headscissors, the springboard dropkick that practically took Maita’s head off, and even some submission work Narita pulled off towards the end. The end came when Maita went for the Assassination Attempt but Narita reversed and nailed the second Thunder Shock of the match for the victory!

Winner by pinfall: Yosuke Narita

Match Rating: C+

**Mr. Myagi…oops, I mean Chomei Takizawa told me that Maita and his manager, Mr. Miwa didn’t click at all during this last match. I noted it and proceeded to tell him to back and do his “wax on, wax off” technique. He was not amused.

MAIN EVENT: Kazuma Narato vs. The Great Hisato

A great half hour of Japanese junior wrestling proceeded this match. Even spilling to the outside as Narato did a sick running plancha over the ringpost and onto a helpless Hisato. The best was Hisato playing off last night’s attack almost to perfection but he still pulled off a sick 420 splash for a false finish and a springboard DDT to top it off. The end came when Mr Miwa gave Narato a lead pipe and he nailed Hisato right when he tried to go for the Mystic Dragon Wave for the win.

Winner by pinfall after using lead pipe: Kazuma Narato

After the match, Hisato was able to walk to the back to a chorus of applause after pushing off the medical team. He played off being hurt real well.

Show Rating: C

Predictions:

TakerNGN74: 5/6

Midnightnick: 4/6

MichiganHero: 3/6

foolinc: 5/6

Thanks for the predictions guys! Taker and foolinc tie at the top. Funny enough, I typed this up while eating chinese food! Cheers!

After the first two shows I had a brief conversation with John Plathow, better known as Hell Monkey, and wanted to know what the big deal was about his character.

Plathow said something to the effect of Japanese people have a better respect towards the workers and that the Monkey character is what helped him get over more in recent years. He also said something about wanting to keep the show stealer title for a year… I told him I couldn’t promise anything as he walked away.

Silver Shark walked by and said something about USPW that almost made Plathow beat the crap out of him. Clearly, I’m out of my element.

I then happened to take that bullet train to our next show and was called into a meeting with Kojima and his board of directors. Not interested at all in what they were talking about, I clicked some buttons on the prompter in front of me and some other Japanese wrestling was playing in front of me. The man with the Eagle mask caught my eye as one of Kojima’s interpreters asked me a question. Instead, I just said get me this Eagle Kawasawa guy immediately and walked out of the meeting…

Two days passed and I heard that’s exactly what happened. I told them we don’t need him on a touring contract and I met him for a brief meeting at some sushi place. Nice guy and spoke really highly of another guy by the name of Optimus. During the convo, I got a brilliant idea(nixed!)

Roster

Main Eventers

Dark Eagle

Emerald Angel

Magnum Kobe

The Great Hisato

Yosuke Narita

Upper Midcard

Eagle Kawasawa *Signed PPA Saturday, Week 1, January 2010

Hell Monkey

Kazuma Narato

Mokuami Maita

Silver Shark

Midcarders

Acid

Americana

Insane Machine

Ketsueki Karasu

Koji Kojima

Koki Ishibashi

UK Dragon

Lower Midcarders

Beetle Kimura

Rogue Matsuo SF

The Tic

Toyokuni Hardcore

Openers

Hypnos

Nichiren Amagawa

Panda Mask II

Enhancement Talent

SPEED D

Roll Call of Champions(As of April 5th, 2012 Real Time):

Main Event

Universal Champion: Magnum Kobe (4 Defences)

Midcard

Show Stealer Champion: Hell Monkey (3 Defences)

Streetfighting Champion: Toyokuni Hardcore (2 Defences, Won from Insane Machine at Fame & Fortune 2010)

Tag Team Champions: Black House (Kazuma Narato & Mokuami Maita) (3 Defences)

Low Level

Tap Out Champion: Rogue Matsuo SF (2 Defences)

Stables

Black House Nation

Kazuma Narato

Mokuma Maita

Rogue Matsuo SF

Toyokuni Hardcore

The 505

Acid

Americana

Insane Machine

The Tic

UK Dragon

Def-REALM

Emerald Angel

Koji Kojima

Koki Ishibashi

The Great Hisato

Red Guild

Dark Eagle

Magnum Kobe

Silver Shark

The New Circle of Blood

Hypnos

Ketsueki Karasu

Nichiren Amagawa

SPEED D

Tag Teams

Above & Below- Emerald Angel & Hell Monkey

Acid Dragon- Acid & UK Dragon

American Machine- Americana & Insane Machine

Black House- Kazuma Narato & Mokuami Maita

HEROES- Beetle Kimura & Panda Mask II

Unity Two- Koki Ishibashi & Koji Kojima

Unlikely Union- Mokuami Maita & Silver Shark

VILLIANS- SPEED D & Hypnos

Weapon X- Rogue Matsuo SF & Toyokuni Hardcore

Everything was set. Now to book the card for the next show…

From the Desk of WLW head booker Jeremy Reed

Hello again LuchaResu fans! Here at the World Level headquarter we've made one minor change to the product within the last week. Now, you'll actually know who to cheer for in our fantastic level of competition!

Also, in the near future, we will be making a number one contender's match at the last thursday show of this month of our Red Dragon tour! To make it interesting it will be a fatal four way match! Who will be hand picked to be in the match?! Who will then go on to our January event Fame & Fortune to go for the gold?! Come to the events to find out!

Lastly, due to recent events, I'm giving The Great Hisato some time off from any in-ring competition this week.

Here is the next card:

WLW Red Dragon Tour (Show #3)

MAIN EVENT: Above & Below vs. Black House for the Tag Team Titles!

Dark Eagle (of The Red Guild) vs. Koki Ishibashi (of Def-REALM)

Silver Shark (of The Red Guild) vs. The Tic (of The 505)

Koji Kojima (of Def-REALM) vs. Hypnos (of The New Circle of Blood)

American Machine vs. Weapon X

Yosuke Narita vs. SPEED D

*Narita personally requested this match

*Narita personally requested this match

For some reason I have a feeling that whatever the outcome of this match is that these two will start a feud if they havent already. Since Narita requested the match there should be some reason behind it at least that is what I am thinking.

Ive got to be honest Im pretty confused by the stables. If there's a face/heel divide why are they pals with each other?

Ive got to be honest Im pretty confused by the stables. If there's a face/heel divide why are they pals with each other?

Good question. I saw this as a flaw too but it's only a medium face/heel divide and considering the small roster for the first month, there will be some heel/heel matches.

As far as the stables, there will be some matches that will tie things together. Part of my plan with the new direction.

To be fair, the only alignment infringements with the stables are Acid Dragon being part of 505 (ironically they're the leaders ¬_¬). And even that's sort of ok, because it's just a stable based on being gaijin. So... yeah.

Thanks, D-Lyrium. I guess I could've said that myself.

Anywho, I'm about put put up the next show within the next hour or so. If there's anyone else that wanted to post predictions, be my guest.

Wednesday, Week 2, January 2010

Doshisha Athletic Center (Kinki)

Attendance: 852

Match 1: Yosuke Narita vs. SPEED D

Before the match, the announcers noted that Narita requested this match. They didn’t say for any known reason but I believe SPEED D becoming Narita’s protégé had something to do with it. Anyways, these two surprisingly had a decent match for such a short opener. SPEED even caught Narita with a potential nearfall with his signature 360 tornado DDT but the veteran got the best of the rookie and caught him with the Thunder Shock for the win.

Winner: Yosuke Narita

Rating: C

Match 2: American Machine vs. Weapon X

General Hayashi, Toyokuni Hardcore’s manager, was even more verbal while they came out to the ring for this match. Hardcore made it known that he was the next Streetfighting champion. Both Americana and Machine worked real well as a tag team even doing a spot where Americana whipped Rogue over the second rope and Machine ran against the apron and dropkicked him in the face! However, the finish finally came when The General gave Hardcore the Streetfight title as Machine went for a powerbomb and Hardcore nailed him with the ref distracted by Americana for the win! Weapon X then cleared the ring so the ref wouldn’t see what they did and reverse the decision.

Winners: Weapon X

Rating: D-

Promo…

Mr. Miwa looked like he was desperately trying to get Black House over as dominant tag team champions. He even noted Narato’s win against The Great Hisato just last week but it seemed like the fans didn’t care all too much.

Rating: D-

Match 3: Koji Kojima vs. Hypnos

Here was another short match, however, a still passable contest as the finish came when Hypnos tried a discus clothesline only to be reversed into the Koji Crossface for the submission victory!

Winner: Koji Kojima

Rating: C-

Match 4: Silver Shark vs. The Tic

This contest actually had some humorous moments especially when the fans started chanting “Silver Shark fears The Tic” Shark actually got on the mic and said, “Shark’s don’t even get tics you morons!” Tic then capitalized on this moment to try for The Tic Leap but Shark avoided it by tossing him to the outside. They battled outside for a bit then went back in the ring. Shark hit some crisp dropkicks. Tic came back and nailed a splash in the corner, he then tried to whip him to the other corner but Shark reversed the whip and clamped on the Jaws Of Life desperate for the submission victory!

Winner: Silver Shark

Rating: D

Promo…

In joking fashion, Kobe decides to not do the predictable route of scouting Emerald’s tag match later but instead comes out with Dark Eagle saying that he’s “scouting” Eagle’s match for a future Universal title shot. This made the fans very angry… I think an old lady even threw her dentures!

Rating: C

Match 5: Dark Eagle vs. Koki Ishibashi

Possibly the best match of the night as these two went at it for almost a good fifteen minutes of solid mat wrestling to some great high flying spectacles. Fans started chanting “Kobe sucks” as the champ didn’t take too kindly to it. Koki hit a nasty enziguri while Eagle was on the top turnbuckle and flip bumped onto the mat. Koki stalled on the top as he looked at the crowd before trying a splash but Eagle put his knees up! Eagle then tried for the Eagle Shock but Koki reversed out of it and tried for the Koki Revolution but then Eagle pushed him off and finally nailed the Eagle Shock for the victory!

Winner: Dark Eagle

Rating: C+

MAIN EVENT: Above & Below vs. Black House for the WLW tag team titles!

Another match of of the night candidate as these two teams went all out for the tag team titles. At one point, Mr. Miwa directed the tag champs to take the titles and leave but Angel & Monkey stopped them in their tracks and brought them back in the ring for a double clothesline followed by some synchronized dropkicks. They then did some sort of dosey doe dance in the ring that got the crowd to pop huge before nailing big elbow drops for a near fall. Maita got Black House back in the action after giving Plathow a thumb to the eye. They worked on Hell Monkey for a good amount of time with suplexes, kicks, and chops. Monkey eventually made the hot tag to Emerald Angel and he came in to clean house! Angel then whipped the legal Narato into one of the corners but Narato stopped him with a superkick and then a T-Bone suplex for a nearfall. Angel then got back in when he tried for a springboard crossbody into a pin but Narato reversed it and hooked his tights for the win!

Winners and STILL World Level Tag Team Champions: Black House

Rating: C+

Some fans were wondering why Eagle Kawaswa was not booked for the show and I got on the PA myself to tell them that Eagle would appear at the next show and that we’d be back in Kinki in no time. Jerome… I mean, Panda Mask II then gave me a smart comment about how I pronounced Kinki and that some girls could help me out down in one of the warehouse sections… and then raised his eyebrows... (wow, I might have to take him up on that offer)

Anyways, Chomei then informed me again that some of the angles didn’t meet the standards of the in-ring action. I told him to take a chill pill and also told him to shave his beard or he’s fired… he got real quiet… I then told him I was kidding and for him to lighten up!

Show Rating: C

Predictons:

Midnightnick: 5/6

TakerNGN74: 4/6

Boltinho: 4/6

Renegade_MMA_037: 3/6

smurphy1014: 5/6

Some good predictions guys but nobody has gotten a perfect one yet! Ha ha, just teasing. I tried to bring in some more comedy since that's their product. Cheers!

Archived