2015 Mod?

I don't think Ash Cambell should go the way of Nemesis and bulk up and turn brawler. I imagine his dad wanted to bulk up for Eisen since it was the 90s and SWF wasn't really a BHOTWG in terms of how they like lightweights. On top of that I think too many sons are the same as their fathers (Keiths and Chord come to mind). I would prefer more 2nd/3rd generation people like C-V-2 where they don't just come as a rehash of their respective fathers (or Uncle for Casey).

I back this statement. Don't mind Ash joining PSW but I don't think he should be a spitting image of his father.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Liking a lot of the recent ideas, seems more people are interested in the UK than I ever would've imagined. :)

As for weight, it's extremely common in pro wrestling to put on muscle mass as you get older. One thing that has always bothered me about TEW is that things like physical stats, weight and things like steroid use don't seem to have any noticeable effects in game. People SHOULD hit the gym hard and get into better shape, people should fall out of shape from time to time and using steroids should see someone gaining better physical skills (which can knock on to top row skills too) at the risk of lower resilience and a worse personality. On top of that, youngsters mature and develop more as they reach their physical peak. I recently read that pre-WWE Dolph Ziggler wrestled at about 160 pounds, where now he's closer to 230. That's the difference between someone in college and a pro wrestler...

So in short, some people should have gained some muscle mass while other veterans might've lost some over the years too. If someone is on steroids, then consider bumping up their stats a bit (Matty Faith would be a perfect candidate ;)) and seeing what happens from there. The Cornellverse is a bit too clean in that regard for me and I think it would be interesting to see how people deal with having a variety of stars doing things they'd really they rather wouldn't... because let's face it... most of the top stars in pro wrestling have done it at some point, and that's part of the reason they were top stars in the first place.

Totally see your point but a larger number of promotions means more emplyed workers and more options.

And the products are different enough to attract very different fans.

HIW is modern/cult/daredevil. MOSC is hardcore/cult and far more traditional.

Plus one is presumably in Manchester and the other in Birmingham! They're small enough that theyre based on people who actually turn up of course.

Too many promotions upset the balance of the game I think.

Also, off topic somewhat, but it annoys the hell out of me Ryland moved MOSC from Scotland to the North of England. To me MOSC, with the Highland Warrior and the rest of his Scottish family being the founders and main eventers of MOSC, could only ever have been founded in Scotland.

Too many promotions upset the balance of the game I think.

Also, off topic somewhat, but it annoys the hell out of me Ryland moved MOSC from Scotland to the North of England. To me MOSC, with the Highland Warrior and the rest of his Scottish family being the founders and main eventers of MOSC, could only ever have been founded in Scotland.

Did he ever give a reason for the move? :confused:

MOSC originally had popularity in both Northern UK and Scotland when TEW04 came out, they supposedly ran matches all over the place. I think he just narrowed it down to one of the two over time and chose northern England as the particular one. It'll be easy enough to write them back up to Scotland... just say the McPetersons moved the promotion closer to home and now mostly run shows in Glasgow, where the fan appreciate the value of a good headbutt. :)

MOSC originally had popularity in both Northern UK and Scotland when TEW04 came out, they supposedly ran matches all over the place. I think he just narrowed it down to one of the two over time and chose northern England as the particular one. It'll be easy enough to write them back up to Scotland... just say the McPetersons moved the promotion closer to home and now mostly run shows in Glasgow, where the fan appreciate the value of a good headbutt. :)

*shrugs* I doubt MOSC would survive to 2015, but I'm on board with the Men of Steel Training Camp I propositioned being in Scotland.

Ok I have some more thoughts on SWF.

Firstly I think with the Biggz being out and Bumfholes being split (or gone too). They won't really have any tag teams. I think Natural Storm (Eddie Howard and DC Rayne) would be solid for their tag team division. They don't have to be a feature team but they are both solid in 2010 and 2015 should see them be good enough to warrant a recent contract with SWF.

I also think another name to watch is Hell's Bouncer. He could quite possibly be the replacement for Vengeance not only in gimmick but eventually in position in the company. His menace and SQ are going to ensure that he can get over and in 5 years I don't think his top row will be too terrible. Maybe his rumble is at least a C- now. He pretty much trains with Shawn Gonzalez on a regular basis so I can see his performance skills improving too. Someone of his size with decent skills seems like a natural fit for SWF with Marat gone and perhaps Primus and Brody failing with their pushes.

Do people really think that RAW would last 5 years? I can't see it personally...

My own take on the Aussie scene would be as follows.

ZEN, I could see as having grown just a little due to the money being largely 'wasted' - maybe they've splashed out on an arena and a bunch of fancy sets for filming funky backstage stuff? (A 'Mirror Universe' location would rule, especially if we have the real John Gordon back but with a 'Mirror Universe' version of someone like Super Zero or Vertigo here. You could even have Mirror Universe AND normal versions of the masked guys.)

APW were briefly the undisputed top dog after the failure of RAW, allowing them to gain some momentum even when Swoop McCarthy went over to the States. They’re fairly close to Cult, although not there yet. Ex RAW head booker Mark Misery is a great fit there, as are the Master Minds and ‘Mr Australia’ Kerry Wayne.

The main challengers to APW’s crown are be Kingdom Class Championship Wrestling, started up by Cesar Sionis with money provided by Bruce the Giant, returning to his homeland. (Unlike in the default data, it’s opened in Eastern Australia.) Focusing on the tag team scene, they fired the first shot in what quickly became an out and out war with APW when they splashed out big bucks on the two ultra-experienced pairings of the Melbourne Blondes and the Rising Suns. Jimmy Stratosphere. The massive contracts (by Australian standards, at least) given to them have however turned Stratosphere and Rick Stantz into complete nightmares backstage. There’s also the pairing of the Old School Principals, lured across from New York to see out the twilight of their careers, while Heath Murdock and Horton Greenwood were a top team but have now split and are currently in the middle of one of the lead feuds in the fed after arguing over the affections of manager Autumn Gleeson. Throw in The Affliction of Anguish and Misery and you have a decent looking tag division, with the first three teams on maximum experience and The Affliction not far off.

With the addition of newcomers like Adrian McGhee, Armando Guerrero, and RAW alumni such as Loxley Robbins and Echo, DIW have grown to small but are close to falling back to local, a situation not helped by the shock defection of their established major babyface, Asylum, who has decided to try his luck overseas.

So I was reading some of the ideas that were mentioned and someone mentioned Exodus 2010. I disagree with this because in my opinion they shouldn't be open in 2015. Think about it if they were open in 2015 something major would have had to have happened in order for them to be in existance because in TEW 2010 I have never seen them make it past a year. So having them last five years to 2015 just seems illogical to me.

I would like to see what people have to say about my comments and if you think that Ex2010 should still be open then please tell me why.

What if something happened to Tommy Cornell? Say he gets injured in a match or accident something that will keep him out of action including angles for say the first 6-9 months of game time. Forces the player to rely on other people on the roster and possibly give some lower card members a push and gives them a big return to build up.

Another thought to account for ZEN having received so much money without making huge progress - maybe they spent a bunch on a couple of US imports for a charity show? Big splash, lots of positive publicity, but little real impact. Seems like the kind of thing I can imagine ZEN doing. Plus, they'd have reached the stage where they're treating all of the talent like kings - hotels, transport, masseuses, all paid for. Backstage harmony would be through the roof and lots of positive relationships between the owner and the top talent.

So I was reading some of the ideas that were mentioned and someone mentioned Exodus 2010. I disagree with this because in my opinion they shouldn't be open in 2015. Think about it if they were open in 2015 something major would have had to have happened in order for them to be in existance because in TEW 2010 I have never seen them make it past a year. So having them last five years to 2015 just seems illogical to me.

I would like to see what people have to say about my comments and if you think that Ex2010 should still be open then please tell me why.

Just because Exodus consistenly 'dies' during games, doesn't necessarily mean that would actually be the case. I remember WEXVV constantly dying during TEW 2008, yet it survived to TEW 2010.

My feeling with Exodus, is that they just about survive a difficult first few years, but would have established themselves perhaps on the back of taking a gamble on some former big league stars, being able to shift some tickets for their shows- paying off. My idea would be for SAISHO, to also die (due to a PGHW that has fallen to cult unable to keep them open), thus some of the talent that would be working there becoming available to work for Exodus.

I'm not saying Exodus would be a roaring success (they would be at best a borderline Small/Regional size promotion) and perhaps their position would be a little precarious at the start of the game, but they would be doing enough to survive.

Their roster would be a mix of up and coming youngsters, journeymen and perhaps the odd old 'star', who still carries a bit of 'name value' to help sell tickets,but is well past their prime.

Personally I'd love to see Kansuke Konda leave BHOTWG to found EXODUS. Konda is one of my favourite guys in the whole game, but within the context of BHOTWG he's not even a serious contender for the Junior title. With his career beginning to come to an end (he is the wrong side of 30 now) I'd love to see him running his own promotion and basically being one of the top stars of it.

Being a main event star really would make Konda a "Big Fight Player", you know?

Personally I'd love to see Kansuke Konda leave BHOTWG to found EXODUS. Konda is one of my favourite guys in the whole game, but within the context of BHOTWG he's not even a serious contender for the Junior title. With his career beginning to come to an end (he is the wrong side of 30 now) I'd love to see him running his own promotion and basically being one of the top stars of it.

Being a main event star really would make Konda a "Big Fight Player", you know?

I'm not quite sold on Konda founding Exodus, as I think he would still have a few years to give at the higher level, despite not being pushed to the top of the Junior Division, but by 2015 he would be 39 (a little past it) and a good fit for a 'name' veteran for Exodus to have signed, to help try and take them to the 'next level'.

A scenario I have playing out in my mind for Konda is that despite another Junior Tag Title run alongside Kokan in late 2010, Konda becomes frustrated at being over-looked as a Junior Championship contender. But instead of asking for his release, he 'bulks up' to join the heavyweight division, feeling he can make more of an impact there.

Thing is what made his occasional matches against the heavyweights good in the first place, is negated by the fact that he has lost a few steps, by bulking up. His attempt to join the heavyweights, totally flops and he is released by BHOTWG in 2012. He then joins Exodus 2010, a year later- still carrying the weight he had put on. They pick up someone who still has a decent amount of name value at the Indy level (He would be D+) but who is past his best and out of shape.

Konda's former partner Kokan meanwhile would still be hanging on in BHOTWG, but his career would have gone nowhere too, as he would have just turned into a veteran jobber/gatekeeper for the Junior Division- that would be rebuilding with an influx of youth- following the retirements of Kiyaru and Yasujiro, the return to Canada of Cobra (Stone) and Kurofuji's return to WLW.

How does this look for a ZEN roster?

Main eventers:

Faces - Devilfish, by now firmly established as the most popular man in New Zealand. Halloween Knight, who turned face to feud with Necromancer. X-Calibre, just coming off a first ever win of the ZEN Master title.

Heels – Necromancer, lead heel and feuding with HK. Cyanide, one half of the tag champions with Massacre. Mirror Universe Lone Shark (the original Shark, having now turned heel and wrestling as a Mirror Universe self brought back when John Gordon was rescued.)

Upper midcarders:

Faces – John Gordon (rescued from the mirror universe.) Super Zero still there. Hallowarped established here as the tag partner of his mentor Halloween Knight.

Heels – Massacre (tag champ with Cyanide), Vertigo – turned heel after losing a mask vs mask match against Cyanide, Toady – the dojo grad was brought in as a member of the F.E.A.R. stable when Halloween Knight turned face and has quickly risen up the ranks to become second in command to Necromancer.

Midcarders

Faces – Man O War – not teaming regularly with X-Calibre, who’s left him behind a bit. Slightly stagnating. Nightmare Slasher and Nightmare Stalker, who by now are four time tag champions.

Heels – Simon McBain – wrestling as some sort of masked guy under a typical goofy ZEN gimmick. Damian Dastardly – fighting a crusade against the ‘cowards’ who cover their faces, having already retired Shaolin from ZEN and put Quick Silver out for nine months, has got sky high momentum and appears to be possibly ready to break out of the midcard. Mirror Universe Super Zero (dojo grad Azazel working under a mask as an evil version of Super Zero brought back from the Mirror Universe and feuding with the original.)

Lower Midcarders

Faces – Blue Flea, establishing himself as a presence even without many wins. Quick Silver, a few weeks shy of recovering from a second long absence due to injury after he originally missed most of 2012 with a damaged spine. He’s significantly bulked up (although is still small by wrestling standards) and lost some pace, however he’s become a decent talker through hosting his own Youtube show during the period he was out.

Heels – The Anarchist – still there, not really moved much. C-W-A – fading from the promotion but being used to put over rising stars.

Openers and Enhancement Talents

Faces – White Wasp

Heels – Pink Parasite and Dustin Down

Most of the 2010 roster are still there – partly because ZEN has a reputation for treating its workers incredibly well, paying good contracts and offering lots of perks. However Shaolin was released to try his luck under his own name without a mask in APW, while KCCW came in for the pairing of Jester and Eraser who are again wrestling under their real names. Bile was released and is unemployed.

Hey, as displacement activity for avoiding doing work, thinking about this stuff is REALLY fun. :)

What if something happened to Tommy Cornell? Say he gets injured in a match or accident something that will keep him out of action including angles for say the first 6-9 months of game time. Forces the player to rely on other people on the roster and possibly give some lower card members a push and gives them a big return to build up.

I could go for this. It would be pretty interesting for me and I love playing as TCW.

Another thought to account for ZEN having received so much money without making huge progress - maybe they spent a bunch on a couple of US imports for a charity show? Big splash, lots of positive publicity, but little real impact. Seems like the kind of thing I can imagine ZEN doing. Plus, they'd have reached the stage where they're treating all of the talent like kings - hotels, transport, masseuses, all paid for. Backstage harmony would be through the roof and lots of positive relationships between the owner and the top talent.

Yeah I could see this. Maybe they bring in Fox Mask, Insane Machine, and Snap Dragon under PPA deals. Fox Mask could be the only remaining guy still doing shows over there out of the 3.

Been thinking on the SWF tag team division. Adding both Shark Cage and Natural Storm seem like good ideas. Those plus Masked Patriot/Buck Winchester as American Justice are what I've got for now.

Those sound like great teams. I like the Natural Storm team the most. Natural Storm could be the tag champions at this time.

I think someone really good, like super skilled, super popular, and super nice should get busted for steroids in a major scandal. Leave him out there in the world for the players to make an ethical call on whether to hire him. In the current data TCW have the one guy, but he also seems to be a prick. Don't feel bad about canning him at all.

I'm down for a seedier universe, with more drugs and steroids and law problems.

I'd like to see big things made of OLLIE's 60th year which is what 2015 will be.

Perhaps the debut of Phoenix IV (and/or V) as well as the rise of Mr Lucha III to the very top of the promotion completing itself at the very beginning of the year (or setting itself up with Lucha as the Champion apparent).

I'm not sure if the promotion needs an overhaul so to speak - but I'd like to obvious signs that they want to make 2015 a BIG year. A new guard breaking through, new Champions and the like.

I'd like to see big things made of OLLIE's 60th year which is what 2015 will be.

Perhaps the debut of Phoenix IV (and/or V) as well as the rise of Mr Lucha III to the very top of the promotion completing itself at the very beginning of the year (or setting itself up with Lucha as the Champion apparent).

I'm not sure if the promotion needs an overhaul so to speak - but I'd like to obvious signs that they want to make 2015 a BIG year. A new guard breaking through, new Champions and the like.

It would be cool to see them steal some high profile luchas from other Mexican promotions.

What if they had a working agreement with a decently over promotion from another place and have a show OLLIE vs THE WORLD or something. At that show they could put over their guys and it would be a huge hit.

Just because Exodus consistenly 'dies' during games, doesn't necessarily mean that would actually be the case. I remember WEXVV constantly dying during TEW 2008, yet it survived to TEW 2010.

My feeling with Exodus, is that they just about survive a difficult first few years, but would have established themselves perhaps on the back of taking a gamble on some former big league stars, being able to shift some tickets for their shows- paying off. My idea would be for SAISHO, to also die (due to a PGHW that has fallen to cult unable to keep them open), thus some of the talent that would be working there becoming available to work for Exodus.

I'm not saying Exodus would be a roaring success (they would be at best a borderline Small/Regional size promotion) and perhaps their position would be a little precarious at the start of the game, but they would be doing enough to survive.

Their roster would be a mix of up and coming youngsters, journeymen and perhaps the odd old 'star', who still carries a bit of 'name value' to help sell tickets,but is well past their prime.

Fair enough, that actually makes a lot of sense now so with that explanation Ex2010 should be in the mod. Plus I have always wanted to try them out!:D

Been thinking on the SWF tag team division. Adding both Shark Cage and Natural Storm seem like good ideas. Those plus Masked Patriot/Buck Winchester as American Justice are what I've got for now.

Add to that The Good Ol' Boys in USPW, and Jack Griffith in NYCW. And perhaps a monster heel team in SWF out of Steel and Giant Brody called Steel Giants? And Bradley Blaze/Joffy Laine as the Texas Assault Squad in PSW?

We've got a full Zen roster suggestion thus far anyone else have their own ideas? I'm going get to scheming on NYCW, MAW and USPW... :p

NYCW

Owner: Larry Vessey

Head Booker: Larry Vessey

Animal Harker – Midcard

Austin Smooth - Lower Card

Cameron Vessey - Upper Card

Cip Conduit– Lower Card

Dazzling Dave Diamond – Main Event

Findlay O’Farraday – Upper Card

Java - Midcard

Jesse Christian – Opener

Julius Moor - Upper Card

Jumbo Jackson - Main Event

Mutant – Lower Card

Steve Flash – Main Event

Tribal Warrior – Midcard

Tag Teams:

The Piledriver Thugs – Cip Conduit & Mutant

Savage Fury – Java & Tribal Warrior

The Underground - Spike & Nomad

Other:

Road Agent – Larry Vessey

Color Commentator –Herb Stately

Announcer – Rock Downpour

Managers – Honest Frank (Ring Generals)

-----

MAW

Owner: Mean Jean Cattley

Head Booker: Black Hat Bailey

Cameron Jones – Upper Card

Copperhead – Lower Card

Deuce Deadline – Lower Card

Johnny Heizenger – Upper Card

Keith Vegas – Opener

Mean Jean Cattley – Main Event

Miller Fforde – Midcard

Nate DeMarcus – Lower Card

Robbie Wright – Midcard

Richie Riggins – Upper Card

Syd Collier – Main Event

The Architect – Main Event

The Pilgrim – Lower Card

Trix Triumph – Opener

Tyrone Gray – Opener

Other:

Road Agent – Black Hat Bailey

Color Commentator – Duke Hazzard

Announcer – Marvin Earnest

Managers – Ernest Forthdyke-Hume (New Breed)

Tag Teams:

The Counterparts – Trix Triumph & Tyrone Gray

The New Breed – Miller Fforde & Robbie Wright

The Back Alley Brawlers – Nate DeMarcus & Deuce Deadline

Archived