USPW: The Goal

The Reason And The Goal

I am sure that many of you simply looked at the title of this thread and there was a collective groan. Just how many diaries is this guy gonna have? Isn't this just overkill? Just how many times is he going to re-start with USPW? Does he really expect us to read this? Hasn't he already done everything with USPW that someone can do? These are probably common questions moving through everyone's mind right now. They are fair questions. I can only hope that some of you will stick with me here as I have a goal in mind.

Since TEW2008 and my first USPW diary, I have been linked to that promotion. Some have called me 'Mr. USPW,' among other names. But the fact of the matter remains that I have not completed one full in-game year with any promotion, including USPW. So that has become my mission now. That has become my focus. That has become my drive, my need, my passion. That is The Goal.

Why USPW? Quite simply because this promotion seems almost like my child to me. It is the promotion that I always fall back to. It's the promotion that I know almost like the back of my hand in a way. Out of all the promotions, it's the promotion that I enjoy playing the best.

Now you have come to the beginning...

P.S. Constructive criticism and praise are welcomed herein about almost anything. I will listen to call comments/thoughts/ideas/etc. However, comments such as 'you do USPW too much,' 'you restart too much,' and anything along those lines of thinking will be ignored as this is the current plan and I am looking forward to one year in-game. And any comments about any of my other diaries can please be sent to pm, rather than posted on here as well. I would appreciate that and thank you ahead of time.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You can do it! I just did two with USPW... never thought I'd get that far with them, but hey, it happened...

I appreciate the positive words! Especially coming from someone with your great history. Your Welcome to the Coastal Zone diaries have been great over the years. I am glad to see you working with USPW now as well. Looking forward to seeing what you do with them.

Like the idea of a set timescale. I really dont know why that isnt more popular. Look at JSilver's classic diary. It had a time limit and was all the better for it.

Certainly my 21CW diary is working to one year.

I'd also recommend finding a format that's quicker and shorter for you.

I know that you like the writing and you do good stuff but I know your default characterisations for the USPW cast and clearly you get bored when having to do all that work.

Just strip it right back to whats happening and do it FAST. If it doesnt work then fine - you can change or do another diary but something isnt clicking for you so its worth trying something different.

The first in-character post should be coming today. But before then, let's get on to some comments.

I had three diaries once.

They all sucked ._.

I woul disagree with that. Haven't been the most efficient reader in the world but they weren't that bad.

Can't wait for this USPW is my favorite promotion and your previous USPW diaries rocked.

I appreciate that! Glad to have another reader, always.

Like the idea of a set timescale. I really dont know why that isnt more popular. Look at JSilver's classic diary. It had a time limit and was all the better for it.

Certainly my 21CW diary is working to one year.

I'd also recommend finding a format that's quicker and shorter for you.

I know that you like the writing and you do good stuff but I know your default characterisations for the USPW cast and clearly you get bored when having to do all that work.

Just strip it right back to whats happening and do it FAST. If it doesnt work then fine - you can change or do another diary but something isnt clicking for you so its worth trying something different.

I agree that the timescale definitely helps to make a person more focused on what they are doing and how they want to shape things.

As of right now, I am going to use the more summarized scale when it comes to the actual shows. Though there will be a back story to this one as it does help me keep more focused as well.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/USPW%20Goal/SamStrong.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/USPW%20Goal/ShaneSneer.jpg

[The scene opens within the office of Sam Strong where he is sitting behind his desk. His eyes raise up and focus on the man standing in front of him: Shane Sneer.]

Shane Sneer

"I know that this is last minute, boss. But I am completely burned out. A lot of my ideas don't seem to be working and we're not getting any closer to catching Tommy and Richard. But I didn't come here today without a plan. I didn't come here today to leave you without someone to take the reigns. I have decided that we need to go outside the company to find my replacement. Everyone else, including Danny, have become yes-men for any of my ideas. They don't seem to be giving me any of their own. So I scoured the independent wrestling scene and came up with a replacement. He is here right now. Allow me to introduce him to you."

[sam just nods silently as he sits behind his desk and then Shane exits the room. A young man looks up from his seat within the reception area and meets the eyes of one of the most powerful men in wrestling right now. The young man nods to Shane Sneer and stands, moving nervously from the waiting area to the office. Shane nods to the young man.]

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/USPW%20Goal/TimothyHawk_jhd.jpg

Shane Sneer

"This is..."

Sam Strong

"Timothy Hawk. You're not the only one who has been watching the independent scene, Shane. Timothy, I know you're the originator of those shows they call the 'American Independent Shows.' You've done a good job with the talent you have had at your disposal, brother."

Timothy Hawk

"Thank you, Sam. Though I cannot take complete credit. It goes to the hard work of the men and women that have worked on their craft."

Sam Strong

"Now, let's get down to business, Tim. What are you going to bring to USPW that we haven't seen yet?"

[And there is the beginning as the discussion lasts about a full hour about the product and about where USPW stands as a promotion. Can they compete with SWF and TCW? Only one way to find out.]

FROM THE DESK OF...

TIMOTHY HAWK

USPW American Wrestling

Wednesday Week 1 January 2010

Prediction Key:

#1 Contenders Match: Belle Bryden vs. Alicia Strong vs. Cherry Bomb

Comment:

T-Rex vs. Captain USA

Comment:

#1 Contenders Match: The Towers of Power vs. The Hillbillys vs. Savage Fury

Comment:

Jumbo Jackson vs. Chris Caulfield

Comment:

Tyson Baine vs. Nicky Champion

Comment:

Signs:

All your USPW diaries are great i hope you reach your goal

Comment: Belle is great and a heel the perfect opponent for Raven

T-Rex vs. Captain USA

Comment: squash but i see someone distract him

Comment: the best team in USPW

Comment: he is better than jumbo

Comment: Nicky isnt ready to be a Main Eventer

Signs: "I love the Fish"

I'm a little late to the 'welcome back' party; however, I'm very happy to see that you've decided upon working with that you love. Setting a goal, a year in-game that being it, is a great way to keep yourself motivated (even when you've run with the company before). I'll say, it's tricky going back to what you know, as you can feel more bored at a quicker pace, as if you've done it before, but if you can find a new point of inspiration then it can be like slipping in an old movie that you still love with a passion.

As always, I'll be following as, to me, you are "Mr. USPW"; a company that I feel made WAR possible for me (as it was a precursor to my mindset for WAR; creating a company around grandeur).

Welcome home.

Comment: My #1 favorite female wrestler in the ENTIRE world. I know you could go with Alicia here but I hope you defy traditional logic here. Alicia may be best on the outside looking in at first; given something to strive for while you push another name to strengthen the division. Much like Triple H by this point, the title isn't needed in which to qualify him. With Strong, titles still mean something but her name & talent make her a major threat without gold around her waist.

T-Rex vs. Captain USA

Comment: T-REX... Smash!!!

Comment: Just a pipe-dream I guess.

Comment: Caulfield is still a big name but this could be a great way to elevate another name using his base popularity as a starter. From there, we could see a storyline where Caulfield is being doubted by the USPW-brass on whether he can still get it done w/ Jumbo being the person he NEEDS to beat in which to return to glory.

Comment: Nicky is the man of the future; however, Baine is the man of right now. There will be a moment where Nicky will win this match... just not now.

1 Contenders Match: Belle Bryden vs. Alicia Strong vs. Cherry Bomb

Comment: Lot of talent, flipped a coin between everyone not named strong.

T-Rex vs. Captain USA

Comment: Squash.

Comment: Never going to happen, I know, but I figured Al & Pete deserved some love.

Comment: Babyface win before the heel takes home the card.

Comment: My guess is via shenanigans rather than monsterous thuggery.

Comment:

T-Rex vs. Captain USA

Comment:

Comment:

Comment:

Comment:

Comment: If you're ever bringing in Joanne, Bryden is the perfect champ to step up and meet her.

T-Rex vs. Captain USA

Comment: Do I really need to say anything?

Comment: It's a throw-up between Fury & Power. One's thing for sure though. The Hillbilly's are the one's taking the job.

Comment: Jackson is a second-rate monster and jobber to the stars. Therefore, keep him looking strong or equal to your main-eventers but always losing to the real franchise players.

Comment: It ain't Nicky's time. Not yet it's not.

As a sidenote, I'm curious to see what you do with the Sneer Corporation. I always have Sneer announce his retirement from managing and have them go their seperate ways.

USPW American Wrestling

Prediction Key:

Comment: Lets hope these girls provide some 'fan-service' ;)..There's not much to choose between them, but Cherry Bomb looks like she is going to explode soon!

T-Rex vs. Captain USA

Comment: They claim that the old Captain hasn't been relevant since the American War of Independence, but he's still relevant to me and he's still relevant to USPW- this after all is the promotion of fervant patriotism...stars and stripes, Apple Pie,Glenn Beck!

Comment: The Hillbilly's are heading to the top of the mountain...Pig Farmers FTW!!

Comment: Jumbo's going to bring back the shrimp costume and then he's going to bury Caulfield several thousand leagues under the sea.

Comment: They say that Champion is the future and surely with a name like Champion, his future has already been set in place for him. It's obvious he is going to win...I'm 100 % positive on this pick.

Signs:

Captain USA: I'm a proud patriot and I want to share the Captain's Apple Pie !

Hillbilly's: Get the Muck Out!

All your USPW diaries are great i hope you reach your goal

Thank you so much! I appreciate the compliment and hope that I can make this one just as memorable.

I'm a little late to the 'welcome back' party; however, I'm very happy to see that you've decided upon working with that you love. Setting a goal, a year in-game that being it, is a great way to keep yourself motivated (even when you've run with the company before). I'll say, it's tricky going back to what you know, as you can feel more bored at a quicker pace, as if you've done it before, but if you can find a new point of inspiration then it can be like slipping in an old movie that you still love with a passion.

As always, I'll be following as, to me, you are "Mr. USPW"; a company that I feel made WAR possible for me (as it was a precursor to my mindset for WAR; creating a company around grandeur).

Welcome home.

It's always great to read the comments from you, E-V. You are definitely a Hall of Fame writer and have proven that time and time again. The goal is definitely something that will keep me motivated in the diary. I always appreciate the 'Mr. USPW' comments. Thank you, once again.

As a sidenote, I'm curious to see what you do with the Sneer Corporation. I always have Sneer announce his retirement from managing and have them go their seperate ways.

At the moment, there are not plans for Sneer to announce his retirement from managing. As a matter of fact, I have plans for him to move into managing full time and forego commentating. As far as the future of the Sneer Corporation? There are some interesting plans upcoming when it comes to that.

1 Contenders Match: Belle Bryden vs. Alicia Strong vs. Cherry Bomb

Comment: Lot of talent, flipped a coin between everyone not named strong.

T-Rex vs. Captain USA

Comment: Squash.

Comment: Never going to happen, I know, but I figured Al & Pete deserved some love.

Comment: Babyface win before the heel takes home the card.

Comment: My guess is via shenanigans rather than monsterous thuggery.

Comment:

T-Rex vs. Captain USA

Comment:

Comment:

Comment:

Comment:

Comment:

T-Rex vs. Captain USA

Comment:

Comment:

Comment:

Comment:

USPW American Wrestling

Prediction Key:

Comment: Lets hope these girls provide some 'fan-service' ;)..There's not much to choose between them, but Cherry Bomb looks like she is going to explode soon!

T-Rex vs. Captain USA

Comment: They claim that the old Captain hasn't been relevant since the American War of Independence, but he's still relevant to me and he's still relevant to USPW- this after all is the promotion of fervant patriotism...stars and stripes, Apple Pie,Glenn Beck!

Comment: The Hillbilly's are heading to the top of the mountain...Pig Farmers FTW!!

Comment: Jumbo's going to bring back the shrimp costume and then he's going to bury Caulfield several thousand leagues under the sea.

Comment: They say that Champion is the future and surely with a name like Champion, his future has already been set in place for him. It's obvious he is going to win...I'm 100 % positive on this pick.

Signs:

Captain USA: I'm a proud patriot and I want to share the Captain's Apple Pie !

Hillbilly's: Get the Muck Out!

It is always great to see some of my loyal readers making predictions and comments. You don't know how good it feels to know that there are some that stick with me. I have enjoyed reading the predictions and comments and hope to continue to do so in the future as this is going to be a wild ride.

It's that kind of thing that's entirely disheartening.

Yea I'm at the point where I just ignore the stars because the people who get mad when others continue to restart diaries, just automatically give them one star and don't even bother to come back and read it afterward.

Anymore If its a diary I know I'm going to read I just go in and give it 5 stars just raise the score.:rolleyes:

In other news related to the diary, I'm rooting for you to reach your goal Angeldelayette, and I will be reading this, and the next 5284 diaries you make, if you get that far,:p.

And the same goes for you Eisen-verse, I might not reply much but I read all of your diaries as well, and whether you make 3 more or 100 more I will read them all.

To counteract all the haters I gave you five stars...

Well that's exactly what happened some 'hater' gave this 1 star- probably because he feels Angeldelayatte starts up too many diaries and keeps regurtitating USPW :p and then people will counter-act with five stars to counter-act the 'hater' vote.

The whole star system is just crap, because people abuse it...so I just ignore it. I don't even bother registering a star vote myself, because it's so utterly useless.

Well that's exactly what happened some 'hater' gave this 1 star- probably because he feels Angeldelayatte starts up too many diaries and keeps regurtitating USPW :p and then people will counter-act with five stars to counter-act the 'hater' vote.

The whole star system is just crap, because people abuse it...so I just ignore it. I don't even bother registering a star vote myself, because it's so utterly useless.

Hey, I can excuse Angel, because at least he has good writing. Usually, constant making new diaries is sign of lazy writing.

Angel is not one of those guys. It seems that everytime he writes a new diary, his writing DOES improve. Problem is, he has a problem with focus. But since his writing is so good... But more importantly, there are worse offenders that do constantly make as much as, if not more, diaries as Angel does, and their quality of the writing of their diaries, are quite frankly, terrible and unreadable.

I've wanted to do an edgy USPW diary for many years. Love the characters of the promotion. It has a lot of appeal to me but I always go back to running TCW. Now my predictions...

USPW American Wrestling

Prediction Key:

#1 Contenders Match: Belle Bryden vs. Alicia Strong vs. Cherry BombComment: Alicia will rule the division sooner rather than later but lets allow Cherry to control it for a bit.

T-Rex vs. Captain USA

Comment: Rex is a machine!

Comment: The Towers of Power FTW. Poor jobbing Hillbillys.

Comment: Jumbo's another menace who can pick up overness quickly.

Comment: Champion is the franchise! He is the man to build the company around for many years.

Signs: We want Sam Strong!

Archived