jhdVerse: Become A Star

If Johnny Hollywood ever decides he can't make the cut as a wrestler, he'll make an AMAZING manager with those gimmicks.

Loving so many of these workers, although I'd have to say my personal favorite is Meido Machine, for obvious reasons :)

Much appreciated, I'll pass on your message to Johnny when I go to see him in his trailer later, it may be a good career move for him in 2 or 3 years time.

:p

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looking slick. I'm very excited to see how this progresses, regardless of how far my submission gets.

Same for my submission, Bryant. I do like the idea someone came up with in the teaming him and Hollywood. When the mod comes out, I will do just that.

Same for my submission, Bryant. I do like the idea someone came up with in the teaming him and Hollywood. When the mod comes out, I will do just that.

I feel I'll do the same with Hollywood working more as a director/manager of Bryant, trying to make him a star.

Voted.

Strong field really. I'm not sure if I could narrow it down to just two as my own favourites, but Meido Machine, Fargo Korben, Iago De Brun, The Flying Vergomov, Mike Santorelli and Sam Bailey are all up there for various reasons.

Good luck.

Got my votes in. Nice format to the voting, it meant I had to give high scores to some people who would be in the running (for me atleast) to get voted off if it was just a straight "who do you like the most?".

To be honest though I am tempted to try and ensure my 5 favourites don't win the competition, so they will be available to me when I start the local-to-global game which I am sure to do when the mod is released. :p

To be honest though I am tempted to try and ensure my 5 favourites don't win the competition, so they will be available to me when I start the local-to-global game which I am sure to do when the mod is released. :p

I'm doing something similar and I've hired three of the Become A Star entrants, and two turned me down so clearly I was thinking along the same lines as you! :D

I'm actually currently testing a Return of the WWWE game (regional, done through going for a Medium difficulty Create A Promotion), where I am only allowing myself four 'TV stars' (i.e. that work for a cult promotion), and only two can be from the same promotion (so I can hire the Bollywood Knights :D ). Tis fun.

On topic, we're up to an incredible 38 votes! :eek:

I've already thought up some alt's for the 'Worlds Most Dangerous Cross Dressing Otaku', Meido-Machine, should he get bored of the Maid outfit....

Neko-Machine (Adds a pair of cat-ears to the maid outfit)

Fuku-Machine (Wears the traditional 'sailor fuku' Japanese Schoolgirl uniform)

Nadeshiko-Machine (Wears a Kimono)

Majokko-Machine (Dresses as a 'Magical Girl')

And most disturbingly of all....

Fanservice-Machine (Wears a Bikini).

A huge thanks to the 40 people who voted on Round #1 of jhdVerse Become A Star, the results are now in.

According to the 40 people who voted, the most original Become A Star entrant (based on both total score for the question, and the number of 5-rated votes), by a single point, is...

Christian Prophet!

According to the 40 people who voted, the most creative Become A Star entrant (based on both total score for the question, and the number of 5-rated votes), again by a single point, is...

Meido Machine!

According to the 40 people who voted, the most hireable Become A Star entrant (based on both total score for the question, and the number of 5-rated votes) is...

Christian Prophet!

But with congratulations come commiserations, and I must announce that the following four participants have been eliminated from the Become A Star competition...

Kris Bryant, José Ángel Garcés, Dirk Robertson & Crzy Will.

I'd like to thank the four forum members for their entries, and congratulate them on getting this far - it was a very close race towards the end there and only ten points separated five of the bottom six.

For the remaining twelve participants, keep checking the thread - Round #2 will begin tonight, or in the next couple of days :)

Suprised at the loss of the Stuntman especially, but I guess that's just how close the competition was.

I've heard back from Hollywood, apparently he doesn't care that mainstream critics don't favour him, it's the ones with 'style and grace' that are all that matters and he'll show you just how special he is*

Congrats to everyone through to the next round.

*All comments from Hollywood are from his alter ego and not my views in the slightest. Thanks for voting me in.

i like DREAD NOCTURN can i still vote?

Unfortunately not, but Dread Nocturn is still in the running so it doesn't matter too much (if you had said you really wanted Kris Bryant to win then we'd have a problem :p ).

Thanks for the comments everyone - remember the last three rounds are 'promo' rounds, so get your promo writing skills warmed up. I'm just deciding on the subject for the second round's promo (ideas welcome in a PM) - I have rounds #3 and #4 sorted though.

jhdVerse Become A Star Round #2

Okay, Round #2 is here! With a subject inspired by Tweek It (thanks for that!), I present the first of three promo rounds.

The aim of the promo rounds is to write the best promo you can - in character - on a specific topic. Round #1's task is to cut a promo on the World Champion (or equivalent) of the promotion you have chosen to work for. In case you've forgotten, the promotion can be found in your profile on page 1. The promo should be no longer than 10 lines on the forum, although obviously there is leeway either side within reason (obviously your screen resolution will make a difference). I will allow people to include 'scene' information outside of this limit (so if you wanted to 'set the scene' either before or after the promo). The promo can be absolutely anything you want it to be - perhaps you interrupt your champion during a show, maybe you cut a promo on him to be shown on the internet, perhaps you take a megaphone and shout it out in front of the arena. You can be for or against your champion, you can talk about anything you like - just stay in character and write the best promo you can.

Please PM me the finished promos and DO NOT post them in this thread! The deadline for the promos will be 1800 GMT Saturday 14th January 2012. Obviously this isn't a huge amount of time, so if anyone desperately cannot make it please let me know and I'll try and extend the deadline. If I receive all of the promos before the deadline then obviously I will post them early - so if you're eager to move to Round #3 then get them in ASAP! :D

If anyone has any questions please let me know - the four champions will be revealed in the following post (with some background info), but if you need to know more just send me a PM.

jhdVerse Become A Star Round #2 - The Champions

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/Become%20A%20Star/Chaperone.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/jhdVerse/AWF.jpg

AWF WORLD CHAMPION: CHAPERONE

ALIGNMENT: HEEL

LAST FEUD: DRAKE RICHARDS

Seven foot tall Chaperone is one of the most talented big men the sport has seen in some time. A good brawler who can put together a match with almost anyone and look good, Chaperone was one of the last WWWE World Champions.

Chaperone was one of the earliest signings for the Awesome Wrestling Federation, and his excellent early feuds with fellow WWWE alumnus Jean-Claude Giroux helped the AWF to assert itself as a promotion with enormous potential much earlier than would otherwise have been the case.

Chaperone's last feud came against his long-time on-off friend Drake Richards. Once again Chaperone would turn heel by betraying his friend and once again Chaperone would continue to hold AWF gold. The in-ring opposite of Richards, Chaperone might not be the ring general his former partner was but he certainly has the power and guile to defeat most opponents. The two men do share an exceptional charisma, and Chaperone's sharp mind keeps him from trouble more times than not.

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/Become%20A%20Star/TheGreatColorado.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/jhdVerse/CWT.jpg

CWT WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION: THE GREAT COLORADO

ALIGNMENT: HEEL

LAST FEUD: ROSCOE CARMINE

The Great Colorado is an old-school masked heel from...you guessed it, Colorado. The current man-under-the-mask is Lenny McClinton - the fourth man to wrestle as Colorado. A mainstay of Championship Wrestling from Tennessee, The Great Colorado's old fashioned gimmick, and traditional wrestling style gives him a nostalgia factor that always keeps him towards the top of the card.

Colorado's last feud was with "Rebel Redneck" Roscoe Carmine - the man who was criminally underused in the WWWE. A charismatic, !@#$%^&* kicking, son of a gun, Carmine's in-your-face attitude was quite the contrast to Colorado's more careful approach.

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/Become%20A%20Star/JungDRAGON.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/jhdVerse/DRAGON.jpg

GOLDEN DRAGON CHAMPION: JUNG DRAGON

ALIGNMENT: BABYFACE

LAST FEUD: N/A

Japanese-American professional wrestler Danny Jung is better known as Jung DRAGON, the protege of the legendary DRAGON Michinoku. A central part of the DRAGON Pro wrestling promotion, Jung is the first and only trainee of the great Michinoku. The intense, often brutal, training has paid of and despite his age Jung DRAGON is one of the finest performers in the world.

Thanks to an injury to his mentor, Jung DRAGON is almost single-handedly driving DRAGON Pro towards the #1 spot in the United States.

Unlike the previous champions, DRAGON didn't win the title from someone else. Instead, Jung DRAGON won a short tournament to capture the title vacated by his mentor's injury. In the tournament final Jung DRAGON defeated the Japanese masked "Ice Man" Furosuto in an excellent junior style match.

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/Become%20A%20Star/ScottHart.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/jhdVerse/PWI.jpg

PWI CHAMPIONSHIP CHAMPION: SCOTT HART

ALIGNMENT: BABYFACE

LAST FEUD: TYLER MERCURY

Scott Hart is one of Britain's finest imports to America, known as being part of the extended Hart family with his brother Nick and step-brother James Gilmour-Hart. Scott is known as carrying a slight ego around with him, but he has thus far remained a professional and is extremely consistent in the ring. He is one of the few who has found a way to blend the stiff European style with the entertaining style the American audience goes for, and is probably the most accomplished in-ring of his family.

Although Scott slightly lacks in raw charisma, he has managed to let his in-ring personality do the talking, and has gotten quite over as a result.

Scott Hart's last title feud came against the charismatic middleweight Tyler Mercury. Although Mercury is still considered an upper midcard at best, he is regularly mentioned as the future of PWI, and his matches with Hart were some of the finest the company has put on in recent months. Mercury even stole a shady win during a non-title match between the two, but Scott always won when it counted the most and the belt was on the line.

Remember, if you need more information you can always PM me, but the promo is meant to be no longer than 10 lines of text so you shouldn't need too much. You can find information about the promotions and their stars (which should cover the champion and their last feud star) in the jhdVerse mod thread. I understand it isn't the easiest thing in the world without seeing the full mod, but hopefully everyone joins in in the spirit of things!

Archived