GDS Forums Community Fighter Share database expansion - Full Release #1

Don't get me wrong, if we can get the BW up to a good size, I'm all for it. But in my opinion it's all or nothing - I don't like the idea of a 50ish sized division. That means half the fighters are ranked.

In Redone, it was awesome but that was at a sacrifice of pulling LW and WW guys into the FLY-BW divisions. I'd just as soon have a deeper division then more divisions.

Ideally, we have good sized divisions without pulling from others. At least, without being FORCED to pull from others.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like the bantamweight division and would like to see the numbers increased i improved it a little bit myself by moving a coulple of fighters around into the 135ibs bracket. also on a side note Alistair van der Moot is a beast in my game he's won 12 fights straight including being the man to dethrone Fezzik

I've just been making all the 135ers into 145ers. The worst case in my current game is that when enough 135ers are made, I can easily take all of these smaller guys and move them down. I haven't adjusted their base weights, just their "best" weight. So they are still smaller guys.

Guest Asaemon

Floyd Bispings ethnicity should be changed to white, unless he is like Michael Jackson. :D

Kamal Singhs nationality should be Indian and not American. His ethnicity should also be Indian. He should be based in Asia or maybe in Japan.

I think that i found some more minor things to adjust, but i forgot to type it down.

Just letting you all know that Motoyuki Miyake's nationality is incorrect. It says he's Jamaican but he should be Asian. Maybe he's Jamaisian.

He should be Japanese, so you'are right.

Guest Asaemon
Found another one. Paulo Vasconcelos should have Brazilian nationality, instead of American. Ethicity Latin American, instead of white? He is based in America, but maybe that was intended?

Not to turn this thread into a blog...

But two weeks ago I went to the doctor. My shoulder was examined, which I mentioned suffering from before. Evidence was that I had torn my shoulder sometime in the past and it improperly healed. Some therapy methods were suggested.

The big one was I was officially diagnosed with severe depression. I'd been suffering from it since I was 13 but I tried for twelve years to deal with it on my own, believing it to be my fault that I felt the way I did. But I finally couldn't take it anymore.

In a way this mod pushed me towards making the decision to wake up and seek help. I used this mod to help give myself something creative to put effort towards as I had largely given up all my other projects. As such I want to thank everyone who has downloaded the mod and everyone who has helped with it.

But because I'm on medication, and have to fine tune the right dosages that doesn't make me go all screwy, I may not update the mod in timely fashion. I hope everyone understands.

In pure mod talk, I still want opinions on where to go with the mod. I'm still undecided on BW's. I know we've had people on both sides, but it comes down to logistics. I can make a bunch of BW's, but we'd need hundreds to rival the depth of other divisions, and that just isn't happening. No matter how much effort I put into the division, it's always going to be the red headed step child of the divisions.

I also would like to get some more ideas for narratives. Flavor narratives I think would add a lot to the mod.

And fighter submissions or camps are always welcome.

Hey Hawk I hope you start to feel better I know what you are going through.I am 26 years old and have dealt with depression since I was a kid way before I even knew what it was.As far as the mod and the BW fighters maybe just cut them from future releases and they can get slowly worked on then maybe released as a solo pack once there is enough fighters.I have a small pack of 20 fighters ranging from featherweight to flyweight I can send you the only problem is I think quite a few of the renders have been used.

Hey Hawk I hope you start to feel better I know what you are going through.I am 26 years old and have dealt with depression since I was a kid way before I even knew what it was.As far as the mod and the BW fighters maybe just cut them from future releases and they can get slowly worked on then maybe released as a solo pack once there is enough fighters.I have a small pack of 20 fighters ranging from featherweight to flyweight I can send you the only problem is I think quite a few of the renders have been used.

Thanks for the support, I appreciate it.

What I may do is move the BW's to FW, but leave in the possibility of going to BW if the player wants to. Because, again, BW is completely workable in the default database. The AI just won't do it due to how it computes weight classes and optimal weights.

I don't want to cut all those fighters out. Most of those 80/90 fighters are really good interesting characters.

It's something to consider.

RE: the depression - good job on finally seeking professional help with it. Don't be afraid to keep your doctor up-to-date on what's working for you and what's not working. I was diagnosed with depression a few years ago, and was given Fluoxetine (Prozac). I didn't get on with it at all. It made things a hundred times worse for me to the point where I simply stopped taking it because I was in such a bad state, and things spiralled a little bit for a while.

Eventually a lifestyle change made the difference and I'm much better these days. Anyway, this isn't about me - just keep sticking it out, take it a day at a time and remember that even normal, healthy folk have a bad day every now and then. :)

As for the mod, I tried my hand at rendering in order to help this out, and... yeah. Let's just say that I won't be submitting much in the way of graphics. :p Anything else you need though, I'm happy to help.

I was diagnosed with depression a few years ago, and was given Fluoxetine (Prozac). I didn't get on with it at all.

Well duh :p

That's because depression is not a disease at all, and therefore cannot be treated by medical means. Just change the things you do that made you feel the way you did by making radical changes and persevering through them, and normally it should pass. New hobbies, new friends, a new lifestyle altogether.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for no updates in over a month. No real excuses, mostly just burnout after having worked on the mod for a few months.

I have worked on the mod a little bit more. The mod is basically done, I can't really see what else I can really do with it other then tinker.

What I've done since:

- Added some more fighters (not many though)

- Warriors of War, RATP & OLYMPUS are no longer set to debut at specific points. They still have their bios and defining features for when they do though.

- Complete removal of the Bantamweights. It just wasn't working. I moved every single BW up to FW with the option weight-wise of going to BW or Fly for the player. Any promotion that could use BW's has been adjusted. I know there were people who were into the BW's, but the game is setup in such a way that without a complete re balancing it was impossible to fully implement. All these fighters with about ten minutes of work can be adjusted back down if you want.

- Minor fighter tweaks, mostly to make them behave more in tune with their bios.

No release date since I'm sure I'll keep tweaking or adding things. I have plenty of renders I haven't used mostly from Asaemon and my own hunting to add more fighters but I haven't really been in the mood as of late to get back to that. I've started playing WMMA again so I'm sure it'll hit me.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sorry if this isn't the right place to post this. I rounded up some of the biographies that I wrote for my own database, because Blackman said that people might be able to get some use out of them.

I'm about 95% sure that I wrote all of these, but it's very difficult to keep track after a while. My sincerest apologies if there are any in there that I didn't do.

[Male]

[Female]

I didn't upload the fighter data because most of the renders are probably in use, and many of the fighter names were simply taken from the filenames of the renders I used, so things could get very confusing if people tried to add the fighters to their own database. I tried to blank out all of the unoriginal names when I uploaded those two pages (hopefully I got them all), but I left the names that I made up, so any that you see should be safe to use if you want.

Thanks. Do you have the bios in-game along with some stats matrices? That way people can just post the renders . The biggest chore for me in making fighters is to tune the stats so it's a tad bit 'special' as the templates provide bland workers (except perhaps the MMA variants, but they should be for 2010+). That'd be great. I shouldn't fear using 'double' renders. I can probably remember which ones are used so I can tell you.

Thanks. Do you have the bios in-game along with some stats matrices? That way people can just post the renders . The biggest chore for me in making fighters is to tune the stats so it's a tad bit 'special' as the templates provide bland workers (except perhaps the MMA variants, but they should be for 2010+). That'd be great. I shouldn't fear using 'double' renders. I can probably remember which ones are used so I can tell you.

Sure, no problem. I'm afraid a few of them will be considered overpowered, but I'll post them anyway.

[Download Link]

The renders I used are included in the file. Hopefully they're all safe to post (that's one of several reasons why I haven't released my entire database), but if you notice any that are off limits, just let me know and I'll re-upload without them.

The total fighter count is 57, which is a bit more than the total number of biographies I posted. I included 10 female fighters who come from a documentary-style reality TV show, inspired by shows like Caged, Fight Girls and TUF. A couple of their biographies were in my first post, but I cut out the part about the show.

• 1 month later...

Just made a bunchload of (female) renders for Remi's TEW2013 project. If they don't end up being used we can always transfer them to WMMA. I don't know if there's a need as by the time the latest renders of females debut, the gaming world has already fully transitioned to reborn fighters, at which point I don't care whether 'new' people debut and normally disable renders altogether.

Anyhow, I thought about doing a diary sometime that would revolve around a special type of TV promotion, more entertainment-based and very closed in the sense that it will work with a fixed set of 'new' fighters. It would feature a limited number of fighters who just fight among themselves in varied match settings without the need for titles. It's more of an experiment to see whether this could generate some good buzz on fights that essentially mean little in terms of general competitiveness (comparing to other promotions). Right now it's still a vague concept: It'll probably be team-based, but I'm planning to make it female bantamweight as it's all very close together. The way this could be fun is how it would all be 'new' fighters you don't know anything about (whether they can take a punch, if they are any good on the ground, etc). They would be assigned to training camps.

For this to work, however, I would need various worker templates, so if someone made some and doesn't have a render for it yet (it doesn't need to have a bio), I'd always be interested. So let me know, please. :) I guess I can also make them myself by using the game's templates. Like I mentioned, it could be fun to see them evolve, instead of starting another game you KNOW Fezzik / Morrison / etc. will probably dominate. I'll probably also use the fighters from this pack that have my render.

If Hawk still wants to continue this mod, the fighters will eventually be put in if he allows it.

Archived