GDS Forums Community Fighter Share database expansion - Full Release #1

GDS Forums Community Fighter Share database expansion - Update 1.5

This is the first update to the original full release. Most of the data is tweaks but twelve new fighters have been added to the database if you just wish to import them.

Even if you just want the new fighters it is strongly suggested you replace the picture folder to have the new renders Asaemon provided.

What's Included:

- 332 fully rendered fighters; including over 80 fighters capable of fighting at Bantamweight or below (12 all new over 1.0)

- 18 companies all with their own unique rules, bios, and logos

- 12 narratives that can completely change the game world (+1 from 1.0)

- 96 PPV carriers with individual logos

- 288 TV Stations with individual logos

- 7 fight teams

- 2 CEOs

- 1 user avatar

- 13 Relationships

- Optional Text File with included default database narratives & relationship tweaks

- Various tweaks to biographies and debut dates

---

Download the Data here: http://www.mediafire.com/?3yxas4ej5691hk9

Download the Pictures here: http://www.mediafire.com/?6mma9gfwxbj0076

To install: Unpack the Data zip to your WMMA3/Database folder. To install the pictures, unpack the Pictures zip to your WMMA3/Pictures folder.

---

The main focus on this update has been on the Bantamweight division. It wasn't working as intended with 1.0 forcing further tweaking. More fighters debut earlier and the formal "birth" of the division is delayed. You could run BW right out of the gate but it is very weak. Think a "Dawn of X" mod in it's structure. The early fighters are in general not very good with the quality gradually picking up and more promotions open to support the division.

The timeline should be as follows:

January 1998 - Birth of BW division. Only a few fighters around. No promotion to use them. More will gradually debut and fighters will fight on the independent scene getting experience.

(POSSIBLE) - Random promotion may debut. BUSHIDO FC and CONDOR FC are set up to use BW's. They are set to random but in tests they never debuted in this time frame even though they theoretically could.

January 2000 - Rumble at the Palms debut. They will snap up all available top BW talent. Eventually the good fighters will rise to the top of the division.

(IF USING OPTIONAL NARRATIVES) January 2004 - XCC Introduces Bantamweights: By this point the BW division should be sorted with plenty of debuted fighters. XCC will (most likely) be a bigger promotion then RAPT and snap up the top fighters.

Ideally, with BW as a fully functioning division, fighters will move down naturally. There is no way to force fighters to move down through Narratives (I tried :( ). If you play as a BW using promotion, you can easily move guys like Ho, Nuno, Ash & Lyman down to the division. But there's no way for me to force it. The AI not using fighters at anything but their "best" weight really hurts in this case.

If you play as a BW using promotion you don't have to worry about any of this. There are dozens of fighters you can force to BW. The main focus has been trying to make the AI actually use the fighters they have available. It doesn't really apply to the player.

---

Additionally, here are extra Female renders provided by Blackman and Rebby that they did not use and I did not use with this update. If anyone wants to use them to make additional characters feel free.

Faces: http://www.mediafire.com/?dv18ndx0ko36za4

Bodies: http://www.mediafire.com/?u3bf7b5ipe3qkwh

DISCLAIMER:

If you have material used in this mod that you object to having included, please contact me so that we can work it out.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I took the last release and merged it into the default database, but it looks like I'll need to do it again. Fortunately I'm only in like March of the game that came from it, so it won't be too much of a hassle. The real hassle is taking the super light people, and the super heavy, and going in person-by-person to make them fit the default database.

I'm glad to have contributed and I can't wait to try it out.

One minor thing: Dominique and Katrina Harrison are sisters. Doesn't look like the relationship carried over from our mod to your's.

That's my bad. Instead of merging I imported the fighters. I should have thought that out better.

If you find anything else, let me know.

I had a duplicate for Angus Corcoran. He was already in the database with a different render, so was probably in some other pack, probably Eyeball's. Is that possible?

That's weird. I think he was a fighter sent to me by Afroduck, so I dunno where he came from exactly. By any chance did you download an older version of the mod?

Guest Asaemon
I had a duplicate for Angus Corcoran. He was already in the database with a different render, so was probably in some other pack, probably Eyeball's. Is that possible?

That's weird. I think he was a fighter sent to me by Afroduck, so I dunno where he came from exactly. By any chance did you download an older version of the mod?

He is from the Redone mod. So you guys might already have imported him into your old databases. I looked through the default, Eyeball, Reboot and Reborn and couldn't find him in those.

I've continued working on the mod. With the renders Asaemon's supplied, restoring some cut fighters, along with making a few female fighters with the renders Blackman & Rebby supplied we're up by +10 fighters. I've also added some relationships and three agers.

I've also fixed bios, some promotion name & weight class issues, and some issues with reputation and performance with fighters I plain forgot to fix.

None of these were game breaking issues, so if you've already imported into a game you really shouldn't need to worry about them. Even if you noticed the issues, a quick editor fix would deal with them all. The most harmful issue was with THAI FIGHTS, where they used weight classes from an older copy of the mod (original release #2 if I remember right) such as Fly & Straw Weight. If they pop up in the game, you might want to remove anything below Bantamweight to avoid the issue.

I'm going to hold off putting out a replacement data until this weekend at the earliest. Every new unique render Asaemon supplies frees up a placeholder render in the mod, which will allow more fighters to be made. And I want to do as much testing as possible before a new copy is put out, for obvious reasons.

Hope everyone's enjoying the mod!

I've not downloaded it yet (only just found the thread, and figured it makes more sense for me to wait until the update hits), but I'd like to say 'thanks' in advance for what looks like a really great mod.

If you're looking for someone to write a few descriptions for fighters etc, drop me a PM - I'd be only too happy to help. :)

I take it you also added the Overeem - I mean Van der Moot - brothers? :p

The render of Joe Gelman was in fact submitted as an alternate for Christopher Sharp. I'm sure many people are using him as such atm and wouldn't like it. He could be used as a 'new fighter' i guess, but with the weak chin and all he just looks really like him. Christopher Gerard was supposed to be an alternate of Bryan van der Hauwe.

Is there a way for you to list all the bio changes, as I just worked on some changes myself and started a game already, so the changes can't be imported into the game and need to be manually fixed. The rest I'll probably see along the way, but a list of changed bio's would be cool, or are the changes too plentiful to list? :)

@TP: There's a lot of female renders I made that are currently unused. I'm sure Hawk will send you some to create bios and/or stats for if you ask him. Male renders are scarse atm so that's too bad. :(

Sure. I'm happy to help out - I always like to help a mod group if I can, particularly if it's one I use myself.

Sadly renders are fairly unlikely to be something I can contribute (I'm closer to autistic than artistic! :p I downloaded Daz3D, had an experimental play for an hour, then gave up because I was utterly lost) but as far as fleshing out the fighters with descriptions and stats? I can happily do that all day.

I take it you also added the Overeem - I mean Van der Moot - brothers? :p

The render of Joe Gelman was in fact submitted as an alternate for Christopher Sharp. I'm sure many people are using him as such atm and wouldn't like it. He could be used as a 'new fighter' i guess, but with the weak chin and all he just looks really like him. Christopher Gerard was supposed to be an alternate of Bryan van der Hauwe.

Is there a way for you to list all the bio changes, as I just worked on some changes myself and started a game already, so the changes can't be imported into the game and need to be manually fixed. The rest I'll probably see along the way, but a list of changed bio's would be cool, or are the changes too plentiful to list? :)

@TP: There's a lot of female renders I made that are currently unused. I'm sure Hawk will send you some to create bios and/or stats for if you ask him. Male renders are scarse atm so that's too bad. :(

There's a lot of re-renders in the mod. I personally have never used re-renders so that may cause a conflict with some people's games. I tried to only use re-renders that were unique and different from their base render example. Simply put, there just are not enough new renders not used by Ryland or Eyeball to support removing them ATM. Asaemon's supplying TEW renders but for my guys or guys who had their renders removed due to conflict? Picking is dry. If the render scene picks back up I'd be fine with replacing them, but I don't see how it's feasible right now.

The bios are mostly just spelling mistakes or re-phrasing. Really nothing major. The biggest fixes are:

Rumble at the Palms - Adjusted Debut to January 2000 to allow more Bantamweights to debut in the data & changed short name to "RATP" instead of The Palms, which led to "The The Palms Bantamweight championship".

THAI FIGHTS - Remove all Weight Classes but FW, LW, WW & MW.

Lucian Ozera: A former kickboxing rival of Niko Soldo and the loser of a seven fight series; Lucian Ozera has followed Soldo into MMA. World class kickboxing defines Lucian's style, but Ozera also has rudimentary training in grappling.

Other small fixes such as adjusted BW fighter debuts by a few years to speed the division up.

I'm pondering Bantamweight. We have enough fighters, but they're spread out over the game years. What I may do, is create about twenty "job" fighters with poor stats and make them start at the beginning of the game with no regeneration. Make them an optional download with no renders ala Weidt's FSC Jobber pack. That way when the game world starts there will be 40+ BW's to get the division started and they'd be phased out as the division starts going strong.

@TP: You don't really need to be an artist to use it. I played around with it for a full day, got the hang of it - or at least came to some general understanding of the program - and made some renders, which are basically random parts of content combined into one. No real artistic value to it. I don't spend time conceptualising a potential 'build' or anything. I just crank out renders in 5 minutes a piece. Sometimes the ensemble looks great, sometimes it looks awkward. Who cares? We have ourselves a render. The silly thing is that it costs a hell a lot of money if you want to buy all the content. Not worth it at ALL if you just want to make some renders for this game like us.

@Hawk: ok thx man. Like the Ozera character. Such characters are quite silly irl (following 'rivals' to other sports and all is kind of 'over the top') but really add to the entertainment value of games like this. :) Like the Bantamweight idea, and the idea of jobbers in general. But don't give the 'renderless' any reputation like Weidt did. It kinda gets them into training camps and makes their skills decent enough to score wins.

The cost of Daz3D is the main reason I couldn't figure it out. My original plan was to learn Daz and pump out renders for the mod. But any MMA resources I could find wanted money I did not have to spend.

But I suffered my own way by going through every single render thread with a fine-tooth comb trying to find renders that might work.

TP: You trying to steal my only definable skill?! Joking, I'd be glad to have you help on the mod. If you have any characters you've made/wanna make, go ahead and post info here or send me the data. Even if they lack renders I can probably make something work.

I haven't used all the renders Blackman and Rebby provided for females so I'll upload that in a bit for anyone who wants to use them to make characters.

Just a minor thing: Vjekoslav is set to have been in prison for assault, yet has a 'normal' personality. Perfectly possible of course, but a 'short tempered' option would make more sense. Especially since the game tends to use it in some news messages, bringing flavour to the gaming experience. And flavour is what a database is all about. I can know as I've made some in the past (for other games though). :p

@Blackman - yeah, that was the other main reason I didn't really push too much deeper with the Rendering thing - the price DAZ3D were asking for even the basic stuff I'd need to create a few varied characters was way beyond what I could justify for something I might not even be able to use.

@Hawk - to be completely honest, I've not really given a huge amount of thought towards creating characters before now, but yeah, if you want someone to help flesh out the women's divisions (hah, that sounds... yeah) then I'd be happy to do that.

There's a lot of re-renders in the mod. I personally have never used re-renders so that may cause a conflict with some people's games. I tried to only use re-renders that were unique and different from their base render example. Simply put, there just are not enough new renders not used by Ryland or Eyeball to support removing them ATM. Asaemon's supplying TEW renders but for my guys or guys who had their renders removed due to conflict? Picking is dry. If the render scene picks back up I'd be fine with replacing them, but I don't see how it's feasible right now.

The bios are mostly just spelling mistakes or re-phrasing. Really nothing major. The biggest fixes are:

Rumble at the Palms - Adjusted Debut to January 2000 to allow more Bantamweights to debut in the data & changed short name to "RATP" instead of The Palms, which led to "The The Palms Bantamweight championship".

THAI FIGHTS - Remove all Weight Classes but FW, LW, WW & MW.

Lucian Ozera: A former kickboxing rival of Niko Soldo and the loser of a seven fight series; Lucian Ozera has followed Soldo into MMA. World class kickboxing defines Lucian's style, but Ozera also has rudimentary training in grappling.

Other small fixes such as adjusted BW fighter debuts by a few years to speed the division up.

I'm pondering Bantamweight. We have enough fighters, but they're spread out over the game years. What I may do, is create about twenty "job" fighters with poor stats and make them start at the beginning of the game with no regeneration. Make them an optional download with no renders ala Weidt's FSC Jobber pack. That way when the game world starts there will be 40+ BW's to get the division started and they'd be phased out as the division starts going strong.

Great mod - really like it - top work all.

Three other minor fixes needed i noticed (i've edited them myself in my DB, but just to check they have been picked up for includion in v2 for all:)

Manish Khan's relationship with his new brother needs to be added

Christos ??? Greek guy witha 7-3 record but no popularity

Michael ??? (UK wrestler who split his time between MMA & wrestling) had a 0-0 record but his bio suggested he had fought

Archived