GDS Forums Community Fighter Share database expansion - Full Release #1

Guest Asaemon
I saw that you were discussing rendering and Daz3d. I think that you could create quite a lot just by using free stuff. The software is free and the Michael 4 figure. There is also free shorts with textures available and a set of gloves (even if they lacks the flashiness of the ones that costs). There are also a lot of hair, head morphs, poses and some skin textures available for free. The hardest thing to find seems to be a decent Light set, since the download links for the popular ones are dead (but the creators still are active on this message board).

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can just create lightning yourself. Sure, mine might suck a little as I haven't really spend any time on it, but it's decent enough imo. I'll make rerenders of everything if I find a better one.

@Alex: I'm pretty sure Hawk said he already fixed these issues. :)

@ Hawk: Well, it's just the database so that's 1 mb max. Maybe just do both? Or is that too much work for you? :p Or just use the mod only and add neccessary changes to the in-game text file for the mod so people can add them themselves if they are interested.

edit: it'd be cool if someone could eventually make a diary of a game including the mod. I'm still thinking of doing one. There are so many options to make one. You can focus on a promotion, as is customary. Lots of people forget that you can just focus on a single fighter and write it from his or her perspective. I've once attempted a brief one using Gideon Navarro and it turned out to be pretty nice. You could also focus on a fighting team. Or just as an observer of the game world (which is rather boring imo; you could just do it yourself). Really a lot of ways to be creative with it. So if someone feels like contributing: there's something. :p

My current diary includes this mod, though it's just a low level regional promotion so I don't really go into detail of the game world yet. But yea Blackman, after the success (and fun) of O+, I'm willing to help out with pretty much any WMMA project you've got, pending my work schedule.

I think this should remain an add-on. Relationships don't matter that much in the long run, so things like the Khans, in my opinion, isn't a big deal.

Out of curiosity why are the 7/7 bombings in the narratives but not 9/11? Also the Japanese Tsunami is set to 2016. On a side note would aslo be willing to write bios for fighters but can't render to save my life

Well, it's a parallel universe. It doesn't need to be exact. The Tsunami is probably because it's set in the 'C-Verse', and TEW's (so C-verse's) official Tsunami date is 2016.

Well, it's a parallel universe. It doesn't need to be exact. The Tsunami is probably because it's set in the 'C-Verse', and TEW's (so C-verse's) official Tsunami date is 2016.

Exactly. The Tsunami is taken from TEW. I know from experience that completely ruins Japan in that game. It should have a similar effect on the WMMA3 data if anyone ever gets that far.

7/7 was posted on the forums. Not many people think of narratives, so I included it.

Narratives are by far the strongest feature of both TEW and WMMA and are pretty much ignored. It's a shame. I'd like to include a whole bunch of them.

Yes. The standard database completely ignores it. Kinda weird to have a great feature in the game and not show it off. If I finish some of mine I could post them too. But since they're easily made, I might as well just post them.

It basically comes down to GAMMA adapting a FW division, James Foster getting a small movie role and April Watson getting a big one. These are all taken from real life obv. ALPHA-1 adopting a women's division is a nod to WMMA2. I also have some training camps changing and companies crashing. That's pretty much it. But there's more you can do.

Do watch out with them though. Due to them being ignored in the standard db, some are actually quite bugged once you test them. This should change in the next installment of the game, hopefully. But if untested, it might even ruin your game, so be wary. Always test them by having them occur at day 2 so you can observe the effects before setting the date back to its original position.

Guest Asaemon
One idea is to also use more narratives to increase background stories on debuting fighters and owners. They don't do any real effect rather than giving the player more information like increased background stories, like the one i added for Vladimir Smertin. For example news narratives could be added for special fighters, like olympic wrestler, world class boxers and other elite fighters joining the world of MMA.

Just to go back to this.

Should I:

1. Modify the original database to include this mod with new narratives, relationships, and other assorted thing;. Then dissolve the stand alone mod?

2. Modify the original database to include this mod with new narratives, relationships, and other assorted things. But have a "lite" form that only includes the mod so that people can download that if they do not like the combined database?

3. Leave the default database alone, but include a text file with the stand alone mod that goes over tweaks/changes to make to the original database?

4. Leave the default database alone, and do not include a text file with tweaks leaving everything as is?

Guest Asaemon
Just to go back to this.

Should I:

1. Modify the original database to include this mod with new narratives, relationships, and other assorted thing;. Then dissolve the stand alone mod?

2. Modify the original database to include this mod with new narratives, relationships, and other assorted things. But have a "lite" form that only includes the mod so that people can download that if they do not like the combined database?

3. Leave the default database alone, but include a text file with the stand alone mod that goes over tweaks/changes to make to the original database?

4. Leave the default database alone, and do not include a text file with tweaks leaving everything as is?

Personally i think that the second alternative would be nice as i like stuff as added relationships and narratives. I also like the lite option for those who just wants the add-ons. Maybe a text file could be created for this as well for those who are interested in knowing what new fighters are added in each update.

Guest Asaemon
Since ALPHA-1 is owned by the Naruto video games company, maybe they could have some narratives that Naruto releases ALPHA-1 video games during the game play that might give ALPHA-1 popularity boost or a economic boost?

Just to go back to this.

Should I:

Only just realised that the relationships won't work when mixed with the original DB in a standalone release! Doh!

I would suggest then that the simplest would be #3: keeps the upload/DL times to a minimum, and should only take a couple of minutes to add these extra relationships.

So, judging by the amount of downloads and the lack of replies I assume no one's found any critical issues with the data?

I haven't yet figured out what I'll be adding to the mod. I'm probably going to start my first non-test game with the data and see how it goes. Best way to find mistakes is through trial playing.

So, judging by the amount of downloads and the lack of replies I assume no one's found any critical issues with the data?

I haven't yet figured out what I'll be adding to the mod. I'm probably going to start my first non-test game with the data and see how it goes. Best way to find mistakes is through trial playing.

No critical issues: there are some fighters who have records but no popularity, performance or aura, and some fighters who from the bio should have some sort of record, but overall it seems a great piece of work

Off the top of my head some fighters that spring to mind are:

Michael Moodie

Weldon Kline

Walter Morgan

I'll add more when I fire up WMMA next time, but can be searched by fighters with min 1 fight & 0 pop, and also by fighters with 0 fights but at least 1 rep

I personally would like to see the BW's and the Women's FLY just move up to round up a different weight class. Unless we can like, double the BW division then I just don't see the benefit. That's my only criticism - something I already fixed in my own game - so it's no big deal.

I personally would like to see the BW's and the Women's FLY just move up to round up a different weight class. Unless we can like, double the BW division then I just don't see the benefit. That's my only criticism - something I already fixed in my own game - so it's no big deal.

Perhaps we should put it to a vote of people helping with the mod? On one hand, I've tried really hard to make BW actually work. But if no one's actually going to use it then there's little point.

I really wish the WMMA3 AI would move people around weight classes. BW's functional in the default database let alone with the expansion. The AI just doesn't use it.

I've skimmed through having just downloaded the mod. Only thing I've noticed was that Philip Griffin shares a render with an Eyeball pack one and that a few re-renders I'm using have been included which isn't a big deal. I like the inclusion of BW and am of the mindset too that it would be great to get it really going.

Archived