Something weird???

fusionfreak

I'm a musician and probably am the only one to notice this but I do think its weird and wonder why WWE would go through the trouble anyway...

Goldberg, like any other wrestler, had his own intro music in WCW. When he came to WWE it was the same music. After about 2 or 3 months WWE gave him a remake of his music. I personally liked the old intro music better because the new version seemed like it kind of draged. As a musician I think intro music needs to get to the point quickly since an intro is short anyway.

However, here is what I find strange. I noticed this about 2 years ago. Yesterday I watched The greatest moments in WCW Nitro from Netflix. I noticed that they changed the intro music for Goldberg to the new version he had in WWE. I find that very strange. Why would they do that. It takes away from the originality of the program. I've noticed WWE doing this before. In fact, I've even seen youtube videos that have the WWE's version of Goldberg's music.

Sorry, I just find it strange and kind dumb at the same timel. Does anyone have an idea why WWE would do this and why it's worth so much trouble to do??? Has anyone else noticed???

Thanks.

Whenever The WWE does something like that it is usually to avoid copyright, the biggest one I can think of is back at WM 27 Triple H came out to For Whom The Bell Tolls by Metallica and on the DVD it was changed to an instrumental version because they probably didn't want to pay Metallica millions of dollars to use one of their songs.

It also happens on a lot of the ECW DVD's that were released by WWE, ECW used real music and to avoid paying millions of dollars in copyrights to various artists of the songs that were used they used their WWE theme if the wrestler was in WWE or if they werent in WWE then they changed it to something else close to the song that they had in ECW.

In the case of Triple H's entrance at WM 27 it made me mad because it kind of ruined the whole entrance for me but I can completely understand why the decided to do it.

A copywriting problem sounds about right, but don't they own all of the property of WCW. I would think if that is the case then it truly is strange because if they own the right then they would not have to pay anyone.

I don't think that WCW had someone specifically for music, like the WWE had with Jimmy Hart, and now with ... something Johnson, I think. I'd have to look. I'm not entirely certain, but fairly sure they (WCW) hired someone out to produce a vast majority of their music.

And the most egregious editing of music off a DVD was Sandman's ONS appearance. Truly loses something without the entire audience singing along with Metallica. (I'm noticing a theme here. lol)

Unless the license for Goldberg's theme ran out. Usually they are time-limited with the option to renew, aren't they?

I don't think that WCW had someone specifically for music, like the WWE had with Jimmy Hart, and now with ... something Johnson, I think. I'd have to look. I'm not entirely certain, but fairly sure they (WCW) hired someone out to produce a vast majority of their music.

Yeah it could be either what your or Linsolv said, both statements make sense.

And the most egregious editing of music off a DVD was Sandman's ONS appearance. Truly loses something without the entire audience singing along with Metallica. (I'm noticing a theme here. lol)

Yeah, nobody is willing to screw with the intellectual property of Lars. Because he will sue their ass.:D

Archived