Discussion on Gimmick Changes

Simply put like soxfan93 I leave it off. I do not play the game to get dinged left and right over things like that. I know a lot of people do like to play that way, but Adam gave us a chance to turn an annoying part of the game off and I do just that.

I think that's a fair point. People complain that people shouldn't turn Auto-Save off either. It's their game, they can do what they want with it if it's a private game. :)

Can't gimmick ratings improve over time or did I just imagine that?

It would stand to reason that as a worker uses a particular type of gimmick his skill with it should grow as with any other attribute. So I wouldn't be surprised if it was possible for workers to 'grow into' gimmicks.

Having said that I've got no evidence to back that up.

I think that's a fair point. People complain that people shouldn't turn Auto-Save off either. It's their game, they can do what they want with it if it's a private game. :)

TEW purists complain a lot. I never saw another forum where people would complain so badly about the little stuff. You know, the stuff that actually is user optional. But that's what makes these forums so appealing, the certainty that we will always have a (positive) argument and exchange of ideas with someone.

It would stand to reason that as a worker uses a particular type of gimmick his skill with it should grow as with any other attribute. So I wouldn't be surprised if it was possible for workers to 'grow into' gimmicks.

Having said that I've got no evidence to back that up.

Gimmick stats don't change. Workers can better as a face or as a heel, but not at using gimmicks.

The rating might change slightly but it's usually downwards.

Yes, but that wasn't what was being said. The physical numbers of the gimmick don't change. If a guy has 70 for Cool, it will not go up, even if he becomes better suited, statswise, to doing a Cool gimmick.

Hence why a guy like Remmy Honeyman is an absolute pain to give a gimmick to, since his gimmick stats are almost universally low.

Yes, but that wasn't what was being said. The physical numbers of the gimmick don't change. If a guy has 70 for Cool, it will not go up, even if he becomes better suited, statswise, to doing a Cool gimmick.

Hence why a guy like Remmy Honeyman is an absolute pain to give a gimmick to, since his gimmick stats are almost universally low.

Which is really something i hope to see fixed in TEW 2012/13.

Archived