DIASPORA- Takayuki of the Revolution

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's time once again to respond to the feedback, even though I've not even got to the roster profile's yet, yet alone posted the first show :p

@Unregistered: Thanks for the kind words, makes me feel really appreciated as writer (not that I didn't feel appreciated).

And I don't feel guilty at all about using stable warfare, the O.O.C post on Page 1, was more of an explanation that I had tweaked the default data for this diary and my reasons for using DIASPORA, as opposed to UPJ or Dragon.

@MJ Stark/Zergon: Good to know your enjoying what you're reading so far :)

@Dragonmack: It's Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion; but yeah you saw through my homage with the title of the diary :)

As you will all be able to gather, there are a fair few anime/japanese pop culture references in this project, some more obvious than others.

@Infermalmiko: You actually mean put the sunglasses on Takayuki, I did the classic switch the name of the person with the picture trick. But yeah the resemblance is supposed to be slightly ropey and not a perfect match, adding further to the ridiculousness that one of the wrestlers thinks my user character looks like an anime/manga character :D

For those wondering, if I've suddenly gone into the field of producing a surreal comedy diary- no need to worry, when it comes to the wrestling action itself, DIASAPORA won't be full of lame comedy matches. But I'm hoping with this diary and to some extent my previous BHOTWG diary, I can show that a Puroresu diary, doesn't have to be dry/serious all the time.

Great job TK, and it's great to see a jhdVerse diary up so quickly!

The big question is, is this how jhd1 envisoned the leaders of DIASPORA? :p;)

Actually much of DIASPORA is the brainchild of Shmoe. Although we came up with the promotion idea together (that of a super junior breakaway), the promotion's name and it's biggest junior stars were created by Shmoe. I did most of the company's heavyweight division.

To be honest, I can't remember why I didn't do any stables outside of the DIASPORA Four. I may have just forgotten, so it'll be interesting to see how you divide up the roster. Your BHOTWG diary was a big influence on the creation of UPJ actually, particularly with regards to the way stables are arranged.

Great job TK, and it's great to see a jhdVerse diary up so quickly!

Actually much of DIASPORA is the brainchild of Shmoe. Although we came up with the promotion idea together (that of a super junior breakaway), the promotion's name and it's biggest junior stars were created by Shmoe. I did most of the company's heavyweight division.

To be honest, I can't remember why I didn't do any stables outside of the DIASPORA Four. I may have just forgotten, so it'll be interesting to see how you divide up the roster. Your BHOTWG diary was a big influence on the creation of UPJ actually, particularly with regards to the way stables are arranged.

I can only imagine that Shmoe, didn't quite envision the DIASPORA roster being a bunch of nutters- but hey that's the beauty of this mod, apart from the brief profiles of the characters- everything's pretty much a blank canvas.

Well it was basically going to be a toss up between- two feds for me DIASPORA or UPJ. But I liked the challenge of being the chasing fed this time round, rather than the one on top and the Matsumoto's make for good diary 'villains'.

I'll probably post up some of the roster profiles tonight-

Just to wet people's anticipation, the profiles will feature-

What stable the wrestler is aligned to.

Age/Height/Weight stats.

Finishing Moves (wait until you see the list of moves for Zodiac!);)

Official DIASPORA website profile- This will concentrate on the wrestlers recent history and achievements in the promotion, wrapped up in hype, even for the crappiest of members of the roster.

A Serving of Takayuki- This will be Takayuki Kunomasu's personal opinion on his fellow roster members, after watching the DVD's, meeting them and collecting opinion from their fellow roster members.

Bonito Flakes- Bits of 'trivia' about the roster member- that helps to expand on their personalities away from the ring.

I can only imagine that Shmoe, didn't quite envision the DIASPORA roster being a bunch of nutters -

You imagine wrong. I was certainly hoping :p

Glad to see you're doing such a stellar job with the baby, DIASPORA was a part I was definitely passionate about, I think both me and jhd were, not that I expect anything less from you TK. As with all your work, I'll be following!

The Who's Who of DIASPORA

Part 1: The Wrestlers (A-K)

Aki Shimizudani (S-Pulse)

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_AkiShimizudani.jpg

Affiliation: ShimiKuma

Hometown: Kawagoe, Kanto

Finishers: Chin-Marker (Jumping Knee), Shimu-Lariat (Lariat)

www.diaspora.jp profile: One half of the ShimiKuma tag team alongside Hiriouchi Inokuma, veteran heavyweight Aki 'S-Pulse' Shimizudani, thus far has his eyes on winning the DIASPORA All Asia Tag Team Championship. Thus far the pairing, who remain independent of DIASPORA's three main factions have come up short in their quest, but there is little doubt they will be determined to keep on trying.

A Serving of Takayuki: zzzzzzzz........Oh what time is it? Must have nodded off watching one of Shimuzadani's matches. S-Pulse?, more like no pulse. From what I can gather he's a pretty boring guy too, so it's a wonder how he managed to get into a tag team- then again a tag team where a partner can do the heavy lifting is the best place for him on the roster-other than jobbing to people about a million times less mind numbingly boring.

Bonito Flakes: Aki Shimuzadani's favourite food is a bowl of plain boiled rice.

Chojiro Ono (Epic Tsunami)

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_ChojiroOno.jpg

Affiliation: Kuro-Nadeshiko

Hometown: Naha City, Okinawa

Finishers: Tsunami (Big Splash), Okinawa Battle Bomb (Spinning Powerbomb)

www.diaspora.jp profile: The largest wrestler on the DIASPORA roster, Chojiro Ono is a dominating prescence inside of the ring and the Kuro-Nadeshiko stable look to use the behemoth to devastating effect as their enforcer in their quest to rule over DIASPORA.

As one half of the 'PUNCH' tag team with Kan Mitsubishi, Ono held the All Asia Tag Team Titles for ten months during 2011- however that team is history- after Ono turned on Mitsubishi following their loss of the belts to the Tokyo Wrecking Crew of Yamawaki and Date.

A Serving of Takayuki: I thought Prime Dragon wasn't too keen on the fatties, seeing as the Matsumoto's have a 'thing' for them. But hey-ho somehow one of them, has managed to sneak onto the roster in the form of Chojiro Ono. To Ono's credit though he's actually got fairly decent cardio for a man of his size and he moves around fairly well in the ring, so all in all he's probably OK in small doses...I'm just surprised to see some one his ilk on the DIASPORA roster..thought he would have had been offered a spot by the Fatsumoto's, don't tell me they actually think he'd be one fatty too many?!

Bonito Flakes: Chojiro Ono's family own several Udon Noodle shops in his hometown of Naha City in Okinawa, it is said that when he retires from wrestling he plans to use all his savings to expand the family Udon Noodle Business.

Eikichi Minamoto (Rumble Heart)

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_EikichiMinamoto.jpg

Affiliation: Guardians of DIASPORA

Hometown: Osaka, Kansai

Finishers: Harima DDT (Double Arm DDT),Gurugu Mawaru (Airplane Spin Samoan Drop),Ode to Eri (Cradle Brainbuster), Akira Takano Tea Club Special (Tilt-a-Whirl Headscissors Arm Bar)

www.diaspora.jp profile: Ei-Ki-Chi! , Ei-Ki-Chi!, the amiable heavyweight is one of the most popular members of the DIASPORA roster. However beyond the fun-loving demeanour, is a very capable competitor and someone who can be seen as a true competitor to the heavyweight championship. That was highlighted by the fact that he reached the semi-finals of the inaugral tournament to crown the first DIASPORA heavyweight champion, where he was just edged out by the legendary GUSHIKEN, a man he went on to hold the All Asia Tag Team Titles with.

During the winter unit shake-up in late 2011, Minamoto alligned himself to Prime Dragon's Guardians of DIASPORA stable, which also currently houses the current heavyweight champion Hyotaru Ichigawa, and though Minamoto will proudly fight alongside Ichigawa, he has made it no secret that his ambition remains to win the heavyweight title.

A Serving of Takayuki: Minamoto-san is a bit screwy but there is little doubt from the shows I perused over that he is one of the most charismatic in DIASPORA, he's quite possibly the best 'talker' on the entire roster and no one seemed to work the crowd into a frenzy as well as he does.

He's far from a midcard comedy act though, Minamoto-san is someone who really can wrestle and has a pretty strong all round game. With a compelling blend of natural charisma and solid wrestling skills, he is someone I can see as having a Heavyweight Championship reign in his future.

Bonito Flakes: Eikichi Minamoto has watched all series of the School Rumble anime over 50 times and he reads a volume of the School Rumble Manga before he goes to bed every night.

GUSHIKEN (Great Thunder)

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_GUSHIKEN.jpg

Hometown: Morioka, Tohoku

Finishers: GUSHIKEN Firebomb (Thunder Fire Powerbomb), GUSHIKEN Firebomb 02 (Elevated Powerbomb), GUSHIKEN Driver (Samoan Driver), GUSHIKEN Smash (Charging Elbow Smash), GUSHIKEN Series (Triple Rolling German Suplex)

www.diaspora.jp.profile: A true legend of Puroresu, GUSHIKEN is no stranger to winning championship gold and the man known as 'Great Thunder' has already shown himself to be a fierce competitor in DIASPORA...reaching the finals to crown the inaugral heavyweight champon and going on to become one half of the inaugral All Asia Tag champs with Eikichi Minamoto.

After a whole year of being a fan favourite, who revered him for his legendary status, GUSHIKEN, frustrated by a string of failed attempts to win the Heavyweight Title from Hyotaru Ichigawa...turned on fan favourite and tag partner Eikichi Minamoto, and thus turned his back on the fans. Those actions triggered the winter unit shake-up...with GUSHIKEN a driving force behind the rule breaking Kuro-Nadeshiko stable alongide Sairento- with one goal in mind, to destroy the rest of DIASPORA.

A Serving of Takayuki: It was a pretty big coup for DIASPORA, to get the services of GUSHIKEN, who is seen as a 'legend'. As a former four time UPJ International Heavyweight Champion and as a two time UPJ Tag and two time winner of the Ozeki Summit, he adds some weight and credibility to the heavyweight division, despite the fact that is not the main focus.

On the downside he is not the wrestler he was even five years ago, yet alone ten and he really struggles to work at an intense pace these days (his cardio's actually worse than Ono's!). His status and the respect he still commands from the fans make's him a perennial contender but given his diminishing skills, perhaps contender is all he should remain.

Bonito Flakes: GUSHIKEN has had to cancel monthly donations to over a hundred charities, in order to maintain his current heel image.

Hideaki Kasuse (Bitter Pill)

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_HideakiKasuse.jpg

Affiliation: The Forgotten

Hometown: Inuyama, Chubu

Finishers: Grace's Fate (Top Rope Hurricanana, rolled through into a Rana Pin),All About Yen (Diving Leg Drop),Roll With It (Rolling Cutter)

www.diaspora.jp.profile: Along with Kotei Hidaka, Kasuse is one half of the duo, who have named themselves 'The Forgotten'...the pair forging their relationship over the fact that they are constantly being over-looked for title shots and generally not booked as 'main attractions'. Of course many fans would say that 'The Forgotten' are only are where they are, because they didn't earn a more prominent role in the first place. But Kasuse and Hidaka are keen to change their perceptions by force!

A Serving of Takayuki: I don't know if Prime Dragon was drinking at the time, in fact I barely know which planet Prime Dragon is on most of the time....but they signed a mediocre at best worker, with a rumoured history of drug problems to a fairly hefty monthly contract.

My research found out that the tagged with Prime Dragon for a brief period in UPJ in the late nineties, when Kasuse-san was an up and coming talent. So perhaps Dragon-san feels some kind of duty, to help get Kasuse-san's career back on track, it's the only logical reason as to why Kasuse-san has been given a spot on the roster for such a hefty price.

Bonito Flakes: Hideaki Kasuse has a a phobia of needles.

Hiro Date (Stampeding Bull)

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_HiroDate.jpg

Affiliation: S.H.I.P, Tokyo Wrecking Crew

Hometown: Hidaka, Hokkaido

Finishers: Rejection (Fisherman Brainbuster), Rejection II (Backdrop Suplex), German Suplex Hold, Date with Pain (Elevated Boston Crab)

www.diaspora.jp.profile: 'Stampeding Bull' Hiro Date is currently one half of the current All-Asia Tag Team champs 'The Tokyo Wrecking Crew' and along with 'Oda Yamawaki' the explosive pairing have no intention of relinquishing their hold of the belts, in face of intense competion in DIASPORA. As the more experienced and also more 'power' based member of the Wrecking Crew Date provides the steak, to go along with Yamawaki's sizzle- in leading to the team's recent success.

A Serving of Takayuki: One half of our current All Asia Tag Team Champions, Date-san is a pretty good all round wrestler, able to mix a solid technical game with an aggressive physical approach. He is a bit of a hot-head though, and his career was set back several years when got into the altercation with a fan (rumour has it the fan was taunting Date about his height or lack there of - he's not even that short but as he fights as a heavyweight he looks shorter than he is). If Date-san can continue to keep his temper in check, then the potential is there for him to eventually break out as a singles performer.

Bonito Flakes: Hiro Date practices his kicking and striking on a statue made out of cinder blocks- rumour has it the statue was modelled on the fan who got him 'fired' from UPJ.

Hiroto Nori (Battle)

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_HirotoNori.jpg

Affiliation: S.H.I.P

Hometown: Kagoshima, Kyushu

Finishers: Flying Bonito (Sky Twister Press), Endless Nori (Flurry of Kicks, ending with a High Kick to the Head), Nigiri Serving (Leaping Reverse STO),Yakisoba (Tilt a Whirl Cross Arm Breaker)

www.diaspora.jp.profile: Hiroto 'Battle' Nori is one of the four men who co-founded Pro Wrestling DIASPORA, but perhaps thus far lives in the legendary shadow of his three fellow co-founders in Prime Dragon, Incognito and Sairento. Along with fellow 'Pillar of DIASPORA' Prime Dragon, Nori became one half of the inaugral Junior Tag Team Champions.

However during the winter unit shake-up, Nori was the driving force behin forming the S.H.I.P stable, showing an opposition to the villainous Kuro-Nadeshiko stable, but no longer willing to take a back-seat to Prime Dragon and Zodiac. Nori now has his sights on winning the Junior Championship and proving that he can surpass his fellow 'Pillars' and become the top star in DIASPORA.

A Serving of Takayuki: Nori's a minority share-holder of the ownership of DIASPORA, and by all accounts he is a thoroughly amiable and decent block- at least that's what I keep hearing- because whenever I look to get round to taking to him, he's either downing endless bowls of Ramen or he's being called away by his possessive girlfriend. Inside of the ring he is a top talent with an exciting athletic style, though sometimes his matches lack strong story-telling to make them truly great on a consistent basis.

Bonito Flakes: Hiroto Nori has been the Kagoshima Ramen Eating Contest champion for ten years running!

Hirouchi Inokuma (Learning Lion)

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_HoriuchiInokuma.jpg

Affiliation: ShimiKuma

Hometown: Fukui, Chubu

Finishers: Sea-Change (Spinning Side-Slam), Kamikochi Suplex (Northern Lights Suplex), Python Vise (Anaconda Vise)

www.diaspora.jp.profile: Pairing up with the veteran Aki Shimuzadani, as the 'ShimiKuma' tag team the promising young heavyweight Hirouchi Inokuma, currently has his sights set on winning the All-Asia Tag Team championship. Many see Inokuma as having the potential to eventually challenge for the Heavyweight Championship, should he continue to learn and develop as a competitor.

A Serving of Takayuki: Inokuma-san, is still very green and has a lot of improving to do, but in my opinion he already shows signs of being a much better wrestler than his ultra-bland tag team partner Shimuzadani. At only 20 years old Inokuma-san is very much a young lion, remaining part of a tag team and staying in the lower end of the 'card' is the best place for Inokuma-san right now, whilst he 'learns' on the job.

Bonito Flakes: Hirouchi Inokuma's family holiday at the same camp-site at Kamikochi in the North Japan Alps, every year.

HUSTLE Umiro (Ducker Diver)

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_HUSTLEUmiro.jpg

Affiliation: None

Hometown: Chiba, Kanto

Finishers: Hustle Brother (Legsweep DDT), Hustle To The Top (Diving Elbow Drop), Out-Hustled (Backslide Pin)

www.diaspora.jp.profile: He's a ducker and a diver, a dreamer and a schemer...HUSTLE Umiro has gained something of a cult following among DIASPORA fans, not so much for what he does inside of the squared circle, but for the fact that he has the audacity to plead for title shots above those who have actually earned the right too...and whilst his actions should aggravate everyone in DIASPORA, somehow HUSTLE gets away with it...because well, because he's HUSTLE.

A Serving of Takayuki: HUSTLE Umiro is hardly the greatest wrestler there is right now, but he's got plenty of room to improve and his gimmick of talking himself into matches above his league, has gotten over with the fans. All in all, he's a solid midcard act but until he truly up's his game that is where he will remain. Prior to his DIASPORA tenure, he tagged with his brother Idaji, but unfortunately they had a big falling out. I'm positive they would have been a good addition to the junior tag ranks and Umiro-san's chances of success would have been heightened with his brother around.

Bonito Flakes: HUSTLE Umiro's favourite actor is the British actor Adrian Lester, star of the hit British TV show Hustle.

Hyotaru Ichigawa (White Light)

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_HyotaruIchigawa.jpg

Hometown: Hiroshima, Chugoku

Finishers: Chugoku-Spike (Cradle Piledriver), Dragon Suplex (Full Nelson Suplex),Decapitator (Running Bicycle Kick), Crucifix Arm Bar

www.diaspora.jp.profile: 'White Light' Hyotaru Ichigawa is the current holder of the Heavyweight Championship, having beaten the inaugral champion Koto Arato in March 2011, avenging his loss to Arato in the semi finals of the tournament to crown DIASPORA'S first heavyweight champion. Ichigawa has since gone on to prove himself as a strong champion seeing off several challenges from GUSHIKEN and former champion Arato, as he begins to close in on a year long reign with the belt.

The veteran aligned himself with fellow singles champion Prime Dragon, during the winter unit shake-up and the experienced pair will be keen to keep the Guardians of DIASPORA on top of the competition, and that starts with keeping hold of their respective belts.

A Serving of Takayuki: Our current Heavyweight Champion, Ichigawa-san is an excellent all round wrestler and deserving of his place at the top of the DIASPORA mountain. At 41 he's probably on the down turn in terms of how much he can continue to improve but he still looks to have a good few quality years left in him yet and no matter how long he continues to remain as champion, he should be an integral part of the heavyweight division for years to come.

Bonito Flakes: Hyotaru Ichigawa is very old fashioned and has never owned a computer. He responds to all fan-mail in traditional hand-written caligraphy.

Incognito (El Pesadilla Hermosa)

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_Incognito.jpg

Affiliation: Kuro-Nadeshiko, IMPERIOUS

Hometown: Montererey, Mexico

Finishers: Susurro De La Muerte (630 Senton), Bala De Dios (Flying Spinning Heel Kick), Incognito Driver (Snapmare Driver),Sueno Permanente (Inverted Tornado DDT transitioned into a Sleeper)

www.diaspora.jp.profile: The enigmatic luchador, Incognito is a figure who can both excite and frustrate the fans of DIASPORA. There is no doubt that the one they call 'El Pesadilla Hermosa' is a skilled fighter and perhaps one of the most graceful there has ever been to enter a ring anywhere in the world, but he also lets of a constant air of arrogance and is not afraid to do anything it takes to win, and that even means anything outside of the rules.

Thus far the Super Junior Championship has aluded Incognito but his time in DIASPORA has seen him claim a Junior Tag Title reign alongside fellow gaijin Tian Long, with the pair (dubbed IMPERIOUS) holding the belts for eight months until defeat to current champions New Solution (Yamato & Hideki). Incognito has continued his alliance with Tian Long and there was little surprise when the rule-bending pair, aligned themselves with Sairento and GUSHIKEN as part of Kuro-Nadeshiko.

A Serving of Takayuki: The Mexican luchador Incognito, is extremely talented- perhaps the most talented of all the high flying Junior Heavyweight talents we have on our roster. Problem is, is that he also knows just how wonderfully great he is and he insists on telling you how he is the 'greatest ever' in Spanish! - The guy is such a jerk, that even though he's been working in Japan regularly for a year now, he's not even made an ounce of effort to learn a single word of Japanese, instead you always have to speak to him through an interpretator, that's if you can get past the entourage of midget sycophants that insist on following him round!

But he's an incredible talent, so for the sake of not only helping to put DIASPORA on the map, but in the quest to defeat UPJ, it is just about worth putting up with his humongous ego.

Bonito Flakes: As a devout catholic, Incognito prays every day at a statue of himself.

Kan Mitsubishi (Fist of Granite)

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_KanMitsubishi.jpg

Hometown: Uwajima, Shikoku

Finishers: Mitsubishi Power Punch (Right Hook Punch),Brainbuster

www.diaspora.jp.profile: As one half of the 'PUNCH' tag team alongside Chojiro Ono, the up and coming young heavyweight Kan Mitsubishi found success in the tag ranks, when they won the All-Asia Tag Team Titles, however their team can to an abrupt end when Ono turned on Mitsubishi following their loss of the belts to the Tokyo Wrecking Crew.

Mitsubishi-san was then targetted by the Kuro-Nadeshiko faction that Ono had joined, and even though he was on the end of many beatings....he consitently showed great 'heart' in trying to stand up to them. That caught the attention ofr Prime Dragon who invited he young heavyweight to join his Guardians of DIASPORA stable, and that under Koto Arato and Eikichi Minamoto's guidance, Mitsubishi will have the chance to take his career to the next level.

A Serving of Takayuki: Mitsubishi-san is by all accounts not a great wrestler, he's at that borderline size between being a Junior or a Heavy, but all he can really do is brawl. His technical wrestling skills are garbage and for someone of his size that needs to improve, because it's OK to be a limited wrestler, if you're a 150 kg monster but sadly for Mitubishi he is not. At 30 years old he needs to start improving fast, if he has any chance of breaking out beyond being at best a career mid-carder.

Bonito Flakes: As a 19 year old college student prior to his wrestling career, Kan Mitsubishi was employee of the month at the Lawson store in Uwajima, where he worked part time. He earned the honour by stopping an attempted late night robbery with a single punch.

Kohei Hidaka (Red Dog)

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_KoheiHidaka.jpg

Affiliation: The Forgotten

Hometown: Izumo, Chugoku

Finishers: Bite and Bark (Diving Bulldog),Flying Cross Body Press

www.diaspora.jp.profile: The veteran Junior Heavyweight Kohei Hidaka, provides the other half of 'The Forgotten' alongside Hideaki Kasuse, their collective name spelling out the fact that they see themselves as being constantly over looked by the DIASPORA match-makers and the fans. The fans of course see them as a pair of 'bitter whiners' with massive chips on their shoulders. Hidaka and Kasuse though would of course love nothing more though, than to win recognition by becoming champions- whether that be together or by themselves.

A Serving of Takayuki: Hidaka-san had actually spent much of his career in Mexico, where he had reasonable success with the CLLM promotion as a midcard rudo. As a wrestler he's not the greatest, but he's not terrible either and he seems humble enough to know that his time to be a 'star' has passed him by. All in all, he is the sort of solid-hand/team player that every wrestling company needs in order to help keep the locker room together.

Bonito Flakes: As a high school student, Hidaka's team went to the annual high school baseball tournament at Hanshin Stadium. His team were eliminated when Hidaka (with two men on base, and the score 3-2 to the opposing school) was 'robbed' of a home-run as the final out of the game. Had the ball cleared the fence, Hidaka's school would have won the game.

Kotei Yamato (Pin Point)

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_KoteiYamato.jpg

Affiliation: S.H.I.P, New Solution

Hometown: Kobe, Kansai

Finishers: End Game (Clutched Knee Strike Flurry),Gurren Driver (Scoop Slam Piledriver), Gurren MK II Driver (Sitout Side Driver), Knightmare Frame (Bridging Cobra Clutch)

www.diaspora.jp.profile: A rising star in the Junior Heavyweight Diviison, Kotei Yamato is one half of the current Junior Tag Team Champions 'New Solution' alongside Shintaro Hideki. The pair also regularly represent DIASPORA in the American based promotion Dragon Pro Wrestling and the pair have used these regular excursions to help hone their game and take it to new levels.

During the winter unit shake-up New Solution joined forces with the likes of Hiroto Nori and Koto Arato to become key members of the S.H.I.P faction.

A Serving of Takayuki: Yamato-san is a very promising talent, and though he has plenty of room to improve the potential to turn into a really strong competitor is there for all to see. Right now the tag-ranks are the best place for him, and his team with the equally promising Hideki-san is the best place for him. There is a worry that the constant flying between Japan and America could burn them out, but they are at that age where their bodies can handle the schedule.

Bonito Flakes: Together with his regular tag partner Shintaro Hideki, Kotei Yamato has perfected the Hare Hare Yukai dance routine.

Koto Arato (Strong Dreamer)

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_KotoArato.jpg

Affiliation: S.H.I.P

Hometown: Yokohama, Kanto

Finishers: Arato Suplex (Half Nelson Choke Suplex), Gotch Suplex (Dead Lift German Suplex), Dreamland (Rear Naked Choke), Arato Lariat (Lariat)

www.diaspora.jp.profile: Koto Arato was DIASPORA's first Heavyweight Champion, defeating GUSHIKEN at the Power of DIASPORA PPV. 'Strong Dreamer' held the title for over a year, before losing the title to current champion Hyotaru Ichigawa. Arato remains a strong contender for the title but has thus far been unable come up short in his quest to regain the belt. During the recent unit shake-up Arato gave threw his support being Hiroto Nori, to become a key member of the S.H.I.P stable.

A Serving of Takayuki: As a former sumo wrestler, you would expect Arato-san to be fairly limited in the ring, but he actually bothered to learn the craft of Puroresu and got into shape, instead of relying on his natural power game.

That of course was all relevant about ten years ago, and he is admittedly well past his prime now but Arato-san remains a more than solid talent, and is one of the most dependable members of the roster- using his veteran status to truly help to teach the younger members of the roster, rather than walking around as if he own's the place.

Bonito Flakes: Koto Arato's favourite food is Umeboshi and has been known to eat over one hundred in a day.

Part 2: The Wrestlers (O-Z)

Oda Yamawaki (Fearless)

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_OdaYamawaki.jpg

Affiliation: S.H.I.P, Tokyo Wrecking Crew

Hometown: Tokyo, Kanto

Finishers: Fearless (Flying Clothesline), Sumida Bridge (Bridging Leg Hook Belly to Back Suplex), Tokyo Tower (Vertical Suplex Side Slam)

www.diaspora.jp.profile: 'Fearless' Oda Yamawaki is one half of the current All-Asia Tag Team Champions the 'Tokyo Wrecking Crew'. Seen as one of the most promising young heavyweights to hit Puroresu in recent years, Yamawaki is seen by many to be a future singles champion. But for now his priority appears to be defending the All-Asia Tag Titles, alongide Hiro Date- where he adds the sparkle to Date's solid power game.

A Serving of Takayuki: Yamawaki-san may already be up there with Ichigawa-san as one of our best heavyweights....he can pretty much do it all to a reasonable level...yes there's still room for improvement in all areas but the potential appears to be limitless. He also exudes star quality, so a future run as Heavyweight Champion seems invevitable. However he's at the right spot at this moment in time, to keep him 'grounded' as pushing him too hard/too soon could result in an troublesome egomaniac, the likes of Incognito.

Bonito Flakes: Oda Yamawaki is a keen hip-hop fan and enters 'rap battles' in his spare time, under the alias of MC Yama.

Prime Dragon (The Grand Pillar)

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_PrimeDragon.jpg

Hometown: Yokohama, Kanto

Finishers: Dragonsault (Springboard Moonsault),Dragon's Bite (Inverted Facelock Sleeper), Dragon's Flame (Moonsault Side-Slam), Prime Driver (Over the Shoulder Belly to Back Piledriver),Prime Driver 2000 (Wrist Clutch Belly to Back Piledriver)

www.diaspora.jp.profile: Ask anyone to name the 'greatest Junior Heavyweight' of all time, then surely Prime Dragon is a name that would come up for discussion. Dragon is one of the most decorated Junior Heavyweights of all time, but not content to just be seen as a succesful Junior Heavyweight, Dragon had a dream that one day Junior Heavyweight's could get equal billing to their heavier counterparts. Seeing that the wrestling promoters he used to work for, did not share his dream...he set up Pro Wrestling DIASPORA.

Dragon has continued to find success in the 'haven' he helped build, holding the Junior Tag Titles with Hiroto Nori, as the intial champions and then recently defeating Sairento for the Super Junior Championship (the 8th singles and 13th title overall of his career). That victory over fellow 'Diaspora Four' member Sairento, sent the former champion into a jealous rage and the 'Silent Reaper's' post match attack was a key trigger for the recent unit shake-up, with Prime Dragon forming the honorable 'Guardians of DIASPORA' in opposition to Sairento's win at any costs 'Kuro-Nadeshiko'

A Serving of Takayuki: At 47 years old Prime Dragon, is probably nearing retirement but the chief-owner of DIASPORA, remains one of our best wrestlers. He's not quite the wrestler he was in his prime, but even 'past his best' he is still one of the best wrestlers out there and a true legend of the sport of Puroresu.

He also may be a bit 'screwy' as an owner, he appears to wear his mask 24/7 (surely he doesn't wear it in the shower?!) but his vision to revolitionize Puroresu is admirable and I actually feel honored and excited, to go into battle with him....Besides I'm down with anyone who says 'screw you' to the Fatsumoto's!!

Bonito Flakes: Were it not for wrestling, Prime Dragon would have been a Professional Go player, it is said that his abilities as a player are equal to that of a Professional Dan. No one else plays Go against him in the DIASPORA locker-room, in the knowledge that they would probably lose the game in less than a minute.

Sairento (Silent Reaper)

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_Sairento.jpg

Hometown: Nagasaki, Kyushu

Finishers: Silence (Pentagram Choke), Death Note (Spike Brainbuster),Kuro Stomp (Surfboard Curb Stomp), Absolute Terror (Front Knee Strike to the Face), Ryuk's Apple (Cuthroat Inverted Death Valley Driver).

www.diaspora.jp.profile: 'The Silent Reaper' Sairento has earned the reputation of being one of the most dominating Super Juniors in recent history, due to his uncompromising 'ultra-violent' approach.

As part of the original DIASPORA Four, Sairento had a competitive but respectful rivarly, with fellow founding member Prime Dragon for much of DIASPORA's first two years in existance, the second year which saw Sairento hold the Super Junior Championship, as the belts second champion for most of it. However Sairento exploded in a fit of rage on Prime Dragon, when the founding father of DIASPORA defeated Sairento for the championship.

That drove Sairento to perhaps his darkest ever depths, with him vowing not only to avenge his loss to Prime Dragon but to also 'destroy' the promotion he helped Dragon build, and with the help of his followers in the Kuro-Nadeshiko rebuild it in his image.

A Serving of Takayuki: Sairento's image inside of the ring, is that of a vicious masked man of few words, it makes for a pretty scary wrestler, especially when he's beating several shades on the crap scale out of his fellow Junior Division wrestlers. But what the real scary thing actually is, is that the persona inside of the ring, is his REAL persona....Sairento really is that scary in real life. It's like you're actually afraid, that if you said something bad about him, he would curb-stomp you for real....in fact I've heard rumours that a whole bunch of chef's across the country have been hospitalised by Sairento, just for getting one tiny detail of his order wrong!

Bonito Flakes: He'll find the person who leaked this information and Curb Stomp until they were rendered unconcious, but Sairento passes his free time by playing eroge games.

Shiki Hirasi (Shiny Dagger)

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_ShikiHirasi.jpg

Hometown: Fukuyama, Chugoku

Finishers: Sashimi-Plex (Fisherman Suplex), Shining Wizard, STF, Ankle Lock

www.diaspora.jp.profile: Shiki Hirasi found brief success in DIASPORA, when replacing an injured Oda Yamawaki to win the All Asia Tag Team Championship alongside Hiro Date in November, however their unlikely reign was relatively short lived and Hirasi has since struggled to get back to those 'lofty' heights. 'Shiny Dagger' will be hoping to get back on track in 2012, and prove that his tag title win was not a fluke.

A Serving of Takayuki: Hirasi-san is a decent enough wrestler (his technical skills are actually pretty good) but he's not outstanding either, In fairness he probably deserves a little better than the current 'jobber' role he currently finds himself in but I don't see singles championship material either, certainly not in the near future. His hero is the legendary Dagger Ito, but he has a long way to go before he can even be slightly compared to his idol. Inspite of the fact that his obsession with Ito is rather over the top, he is actually one of the nicest men in the locker-roo.

Bonito Flakes: Two thirds of Shiki Hirasi's house is a museum filled with Dagger Ito memorabilia.

Shintaro Hideki (Integral Prowess)

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_ShintaroHideki.jpg

Affiliation: S.H.I.P, New Solution

Hometown: Kyoto, Kansai

Finishers: Shiranui (Backflip Inverted DDT),Final Base (Half Nelson Lifted Wheelbarrow Driver), Superkick, Hideki Special (Northern Lights Suplex Flipped into a Cross Arm Bar)

www.diaspora.jp.profile: Much like his 'New Solution' tag partner and fellow Junior Tag champion Kotei Yamato, Shintaro Hideki is seen as rising star in the Super Junior ranks. Whether it will be continued success as a tag team or future success on their own, many see 'New Solution' as being key members for DIASPORA both in it's present and it's future.

A Serving of Takayuki: Just like his tag partner Yamato-san, Hideki-san is a promising talent that still has room to improve before he becomes the finished article. It's hard to say at this stage who would be out the break-out performer from their partnership, if not hopefully both but for now they form a solid foundation for our Junior Tag ranks...being not quite at the level yet to shoot for the singles gold but being way above the 'jobber' level to give credibility to their Tag Title credentials.

Bonito Flakes: Shintaro Hideki's finishing move the Shiranui is from the EPW wrestling games, it is used by the character Naomichi Marufuji for the NOAH promotion.....because Hideki thought Marufuji looked just like him!

Soh Terajima (Cloaked Assassin)

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_SohTerajima.jpg

Hometown: Aomori, Tohoku

Finishers: Soh The Seeds of Tera (Forward Somersault Jawbreaker) ,Cloak and Dagger (Flying Neckbreaker), Eastern Misery (Forward Russian Legsweep)

www.diaspora.jp.profile: The 'Cloaked Assassin' Soh Terajima, most notable actions in DIASPORA have been running interference and being involved in backstage attacks with whatever rule breaking heel unit, he has bee involved with. Currently a member of Kuro-Nadeshiko, he will be hoping to show that he can also deliver results inside of the ring.

A Serving of Takayuki: Every unit, it seems needs a designated jobber and that is Terajima-san's role for Kuro-Nadeshiko. He's a mediocre talent but he's fairly consistent and his selling is decent- thus making him a perfect candidate for the designated jobber role.

Bonito Flakes: Soh Terajima spends most of his free time in Pachinko Parlours- often trying to win back what he just lost, by playing one game too many.

Talisman (Second Coming)

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_Talisman.jpg

Hometown: Kagoshima, Kyushu

Finishers: Golden Idol (Shooting Star Press), Platinum Idol (360 Shooting Star Press),God Know's (Spinning Headcissors into a Crucifix Pin), Higurashi (Front Flip Facebuster counter to Powerbomb)

www.diaspora.jp.profile: The personal protege of Super Junior legend and former champion Zodiac, Talisman is seen by many as a future main event star for DIASPORA. Thus far championship gold has alluded him, but many feel that it will be in his future and he continues to put on 'show stealing' performances on the undercard.

It came as no surprise when Talisman followed his mentor Zodiac, in alligning to Prime Dragon's 'Guardians of DIASPORA' stable, but though he is happy to play understudy to the two legends for now, there could be a time where the man dubbed the 'Second Coming' will be keen to show he has not only matched them but has surpassed them.

A Serving of Takayuki: Talisman has only been a pro wrestler for two years, but already looks to be well on his way to being an awesome talent. Of course it all helps when you have natural athltetic ability, have been personally taken under the wing of one of the most inventive talents of the past decade in Zodiac and also have in-put from fellow junior legends in Fumetsu and Prime Dragon.

The only problem I see though, is that because of the fact that he has natural gifts and friends in the right places, Talisman-san is already growing a bit of an ego and we need to be careful that we do not end up cultivating another Incognito. Having to deal with one 'Incognito' is infuriating enough.

Bonito Flakes: Word has it that Talisman joined every club at his school, but quit only after one day...not because he was rubbish at everything he tried, but because he was too good and got immediately bored with the fact that no one else was on 'his level'.

Tian Long (Imperial)

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_TianLong.jpg

Affiliation: Kuro-Nadeshiko, IMPERIOUS

Hometown: Shanghai, China

Finishers: Corkscrew From Heaven (Corkscrew Senton),Dynasty Lock (Inverted STF),Emperor Driver (Sit Out Side Powerslam)

www.diaspora.jp.profile: A Junior Division legend, who made his name during the 80's and 90's the 'Imperial' Tian Long, appeared to be done with wrestling when 'retired' in 2006 but made a surprise return to the ring in 2010 when DIASPORA came calling. Despite being nearly 50, the Chinese star still looked to be in great shape and he showed that he could still compete at the top level when he captured the Junior Tag Title's alongside Incognito.

Despite losing the tag titles to New Solution, Tian Long has continued with his alliance with his fellow gaijin Incognito and the pair already known for a win at all costs attitude, joined up with Sairento's Kuro-Nadeshiko stable during the winter unit shake-up.

A Serving of Takayuki: I hope I'm in even half the shape Tian Long is at his age....for someone who is nearing 50, he is great in shape, even if he has perhaps packed on a little extra padding from his pre 'hiatus' days. It's easy to see why Prime Dragon was so keen to persuade him out of retirement, because he remains a solid hand inside of the ring and he is also a calming,experience prescence in the locker-room, who can help keep some of the younger 'ego's in check.

Bonito Flakes: Tian Long loves to read, and when he's not wrestling he is often seen reading thick hardback novels of various languages.

Xtinction (Everybody's Shadow)

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_Xtinction.jpg

Hometown: Unknown

Finishers: X.L.E (Tilt-A-Whirl DDT), Spot X (Standing Corkscrew Shooting Star Press)

www.diaspora.jp.profile: Xtinction is a mysterious figure, no one has any idea who he is and what his intentions are. Dressed all in Black, he hides in the shadows and is known for random attacks on just about anyone and everyone. Winning Championships, does not appear to be important to him either, so just what is this silent masked man's agenda?

A Serving of Takayuki: In a locker-room full of un-hinged weirdo's, this guy might just take the crown. He turns up, says nothing, wrestles and then buggers off. It's like I'm not even sure if he is actually part of the roster, or just some random weirdo who walks in off the street and see's an opportunity to enter himself into wrestling match...who knows he might even be several random weirdos....because no one, absolutely no one on the roster can recall even have a conversation with this guy. Mr silent himself 'Sairento' has even managed to mumble out a few words from time to time.

As for the way he wrestles, he works a flashy junior divison style, which fits in well with DIASPORA, but he is also an inconsistent botcher.....surely that plays even more into my conspiracy that he might be several random dudes, trying their luck and somehow getting away with their audacious con trick!

Bonito Flakes: Xtinction is Japanese- seriously can we even confirm that fact?! Has anyone actually seen his face, or hear him speak to confirm he is Japanese?- He could be from Ganymede for all we know.

Yachi Kotara (Rough Rider)

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_YachiKotara.jpg

Hometown: Inuyama,Chubu

Finishers: North Lights Suplex (Northern Lights Suplex), Bend of Will (Bow and Arrow Hold)

www.diaspora.jp.profile: 'Rough Rider' Yachi Kotara has thus far found little success inside of the DIASPORA ring, and often finds himself tagging alongside fellow 'un-aligned' wrestlers such as ShimiKuma and 'The Forgotten' on the undercard. Feeling that he is capable of better, Kotara will be hoping he breaks free from the DIASPORA 'basement' and rise the ranks to become a serious contender.

A Serving of Takayuki: Kotara-san finds himself as something of a basement dweller, because he has all the makings of a dependable jobber...consistent, reliable but lacking the spark, invention, star quality etc to break out from the crowd. At best all he will ever be is a solid mid-carder as part of a tag team.

Bonito Flakes: Yachi Kotara is a big fan of Thrash Metal and away from the ring, is a guitarist in his own band 'Inverted Lobotomy'.

Zodiac (Innovation's God)

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_Zodiac.jpg

Hometown: Kobe, Kansai

Finishers: Zodiac Sniper (Sunset Flip Powerbomb), Zodiac Sniper '98 (Leg Trap Sunset Flip Powerbomb), Zodiac Sniper X (Front Flip Piledriver), Card of Doom (Cross Legged Sit-Out Scoop Slam Piledriver),Twelve Signs (Cross Face/Cloverleaf combo),Universe (450 Splash),Another Universe (Springboard 450 Splash), Closed Space (Top Rope Bodyscissors Backflip into a Back to Back Kneeling Piledriver), Escaflowne (Tilt-A-Whirl Crucifix Bomb Pin), Flame Haze (Tilt-A-Whirl Crucifix Arm Bar)

www.diaspora.jp.profile: 'Innovation's God' Zodiac is one of the most exciting wrestlers to have entered a ring....with an exciting, unpredictable constantly involving style, Zodiac has been a mainstay on the Junior Heavyweight scene for more than a decade. One of the founding members of DIASPORA, the man also known as the 'Super Junior Sniper' became DIASPORA's first Super Junior Champion...defeating Prime Dragon in an epic 30 minute contest that saw Zodiac pull out his rarely seen super finisher 'Closed Space' to claim the title.

Zodiac held the title for a whole year, before losing the championship to Sairento. During the winter unit shake-up, Zodiac joined forces with Prime Dragon to become a key member of the Guardians of DIASPORA, but he has made it known to Dragon, the current Super Junior Champion that he is keen to win back the title for a second time.

A Serving of Takayuki: Zodiac was the former head booker of DIASPORA before I got offered the role, that's due to the fact that being booker was getting in the way of him continuing to be innovative in the ring. He claims to constantly think/dream of moves and even boasts to having though up over a thousand different moves.....he admittedly does have alot of moves, his list of 'finishers' is ridiculously long but I think half the moves he thinks up, are something that would be impossible to actually pull off, that's if he if actually even think up half of these moves he claims to be dreaming of!

Being several pieces of Sushi short of a full-set aside, he is a very exciting talent and I see no reason why I should not continue to push him towards the top end of the Junior Division.

Bonito Flakes: Zodiac likes to read Tarot Cards, his interest in them came about from watching the mid 90's anime 'The Vision of Escaflowne'.

Part Three: The Rest of the Roster

Road Agents:

Fumetsu and Makoto Makoto

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_Fumetsu.jpg http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_MakotoMakoto.jpg

Fumetsu is a junior divison legend and seen as something of a 'god' of Junior Heavyweight Wrestling. His prime was a little before the time I watched wrestling as a kid, I grew up on Prime Dragon (the boss!), Thunder Iesada and Silver Beetle. Probably more than anyone he commands respect in the locker-room, even egotistical jerks like Incognito are in awe of him.

Makoto Makoto, isn't quite the legend Fumetsu is, but he did have a very succesful career in UPJ's Junior Division, during it's 'Prime' years, twice winning the UPJ Junior championship, as well as claiming 3 Junior Tag reigns with veteran roster member Tian Long. His career was cut short slightly prematurely at the age of 42, due to a chronic back injury. His time away from the ring, saw him host a pretty terrible daytime chat show on JHK....so Dragon saved Makoto from further embarrasing himself by offering him a road agent spot here at DIASPORA. Makoto's a nice guy and all, really approachable but he's mediocre as a road agent.....but because he's such a nice guy, I would feel bad about letting him go.

Commentary Team:

Shun'en Kogara and Tadashi Saga

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_ShunenKogara.jpg http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_TadashiSaga.jpg

Kogara is our play by play man- he's passionate and enthusiastic but to be honest isn't all that great, having a tendency to call every move as a 'Jumping High Kick'. But he's not terrible and the talent pool for announcers in Japan looks pretty weak and as with Makoto, I would feel bad to suggest to Dragon, that we should give them the boot...I don't wan't to be compared to the Fatsumoto's as ruthless asshole now would I?

Saga in the colour seat is much better, he has an encyclopedic wrestling knowledge and often picks up the slack when Kogara is calling everything in sight a 'Jumping High Kick'.

Referees:

Masaru Sugimura and Keita Ochida

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_RefereeMasaruSugimura.jpg http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_RefereeKeitaOchida.jpg

49 year old Sugmiura is one of the best in all of Japan, and as such our 'Head' referee. Ochida much younger at 27, is dependable enough but still has room to improve- still he'll be learning from one of the best, so he should be able to develop his skills. Those skills would include- being visually impaired, being easily distracted and falling on one's face at the slightest bit of physical contact'.

New Additions- Full Metal Panic! Tour (January- March 2012)

Go Takashi (Nippon Hart)

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_GoTakashi.jpg

Hometown: Ikebukuro, Tokyo, Kanto

Finishers: DRRR!! (Wrist Clutch Death Valley Driver), Headless Ride (Running Neckbreaker), Bartender's Swing (Giant Swing), Dollars ( Inverted Cloverleaf)

Hunter Wolfe (Ronin Thunder)

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_HunterWolfe.jpg

Hometown: Harrisburg, USA

Finishers: Redemption Bomb (Sitout Powerbomb), Hunting Strike ( Discus Elbow Strike), German Suplex Hold, X-PLODER (Exploder Suplex).

Taheji Ebisawa (Forceful Dagger)

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_TaheijiEbisawa.jpg

Hometown: Uruma, Okinawa

Finishers: Ebisawa Complex (Swinging Side Slam Backbreaker), Okinawan Crab (Reverse Boston Crab), Belly2Helly (Release Belly to Belly Suplex), Dozer (Spear)

Blood Spider Jr (The New Nightmare)

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_BloodSpiderJr.jpg

Hometown: Saitama, Kanto

Finishers: Poison Mist (Asian Mist attack, followed by a high kick to the head), Web of Deception (Spinning Headscissors transitioned into an Octopus Stretch), Blood Drop (Senton Bomb), Lethal Bite (Double Underhook Piledriver)

Dark Wolf II (Howling Menace)

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_DarkWolfII.jpg

Hometown: Guadalajara, Mexico

Finishers: Wolf's Call (Sliding Lariat Pin), Wolf's Rain (Diving Elbow Drop), Holo's Dream (Three Quarter Nelson Choke), Howling Fury ( Slingshot Powerbomb).

Meido Machine (World's Most Dangerous Otaku )

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_MeidoMachine.jpg

Hometown: Portland, Oregon, USA.

Finishers: Meido Beam (Missile Drop-Kick with theatrics), Nyan-Lock (Keylock), Moe Moe Clutch(Double Leg Nelson Pin)

Junichi Matsuo

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_JunichiMatsuo.jpg

Hometown:Tokyo, Kanto

Finishers: Fanservice (Double Leg Cradle Pin), Heavy Rotation (450 senton), J-Pop Powerplex (Twisting Falcon Arrow)

For those wondering, if I've suddenly gone into the field of producing a surreal comedy diary- no need to worry, when it comes to the wrestling action itself, I've been watching the Best of Vince Russo and we know his stuff is top notch. But I'm hoping with this diary and to some extent my previous BHOTWG diary, I can show that a Puroresu diary, doesn't have to make sense all the time. Or even most of the time.

Fixed that for you.

Bonito Flakes- Bits of 'trivia' about the roster member- that helps to expand on their personalities away from the ring.

Now we can find out what anime character every member of the roster thinks Takayuki is.

Digging the roster breakdown so far. I'm not familiar with the jhdverse just yet, so that helps a ton. I also love the nicknames each have - I might steal one or two of those at some point. Look forward to getting things rolling. And a goofy take should be great fun.

Awesome first half of the roster review, TK. Would it be okay for me to...ahem...steal some of those finishers? They are far better than the generic moves I ended up using! :D

Can't wait to see part 2!

Awesome first half of the roster review, TK. Would it be okay for me to...ahem...steal some of those finishers? They are far better than the generic moves I ended up using! :D

Can't wait to see part 2!

Part 2 is now up!- And sure feel free to use the finishers for the default data, you probably won't want to include quite so many of Zodiac's finisher's though :p

Part 2 is now up!- And sure feel free to use the finishers for the default data, you probably won't want to include quite so many of Zodiac's finisher's though :p

If only I could! Really enjoyed the second set of profiles, TK. Have you actually made any signings yet, or is the slot just there in case? The Ambassador's Club (Ebi Kadivar & Paul Crowley) is definitely one to keep an eye on if you were looking to expand your junior tag ranks.

Out of interest, is Sairento's Death Note finisher inspired by the manga? I recently watched the 37 episode set in about four days (admittedly because I had to watch it that quickly or leave without finishing it). And I don't think I've ever watched manga before. :D:p

If only I could! Really enjoyed the second set of profiles, TK. Have you actually made any signings yet, or is the slot just there in case? The Ambassador's Club (Ebi Kadivar & Paul Crowley) is definitely one to keep an eye on if you were looking to expand your junior tag ranks.

Out of interest, is Sairento's Death Note finisher inspired by the manga? I recently watched the 37 episode set in about four days (admittedly because I had to watch it that quickly or leave without finishing it). And I don't think I've ever watched manga before. :D:p

I've made six new signings (three Junior, three heavyweight), which will be revealed as the diary really gets going (as in when I post up the first show)...all of them were made after the first show though, because the first tour is in January, you pretty much have to hit the ground running.

Sairento's finisher is very much inspired by the Death Note Manga/anime. One of the more obvious references, as I said there are alot of anime/manga references (not just in the finishers, but also the profiles)- some are obvious- some you would have actually have to seen/read the manga/anime to 'get' the reference.

You would have watched the Death Note anime, not the manga. Anime is the 'animation', where as the manga are the 'comics' that you read backwards.

Quite alot of anime is adapted from manga, though there are series that are anime originals and there is also alot of anime adapted from Light Novels (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Light_novel)

One last thing:

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTTy1S9bbxiUePAPaIVZ31I5gZG6QFY17CmEP6bplvr8Xl_-04xhttp://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_ShintaroHideki.jpg

Shintaro Hideki ______________ Naomichi Marufuji

The Veneration of DIASPORA

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTNE20Uoj-mC2rtmUfJpaKoCWqIZOU87-i5cEGZH4Yau5UaaZ-0nQ

On a snowy day during the week leading up to Christmas, Dragon-san invited me over to his place for a business meeting and some home cooked food.

His house is very traditional, and to my surprise he actually has a wife, called Misaki...yes this masked freak, I call my boss has a wife and somehow I'm still frigging single! Can you tell me where the logic is right there.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQxGlDkmyhgt4cbHlBfBVSouhIbfHTyM4d7R2vpD-c4hs5GBmj1

The Beautiful Misaki, Prime Dragon's 'wife'.

Now this wouldn't rankle with me so much, if Misaski was like not all that good looking and would settle for some lunatic who wore a mask all day, but she's one of those really beautiful 'Yamato Nadeshiko' types dressed in a Kimono she oozed a demure classiness with a naturally radiant beauty, and she must be nearer to my age...than Dragon-san is to her.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSPDFSbB9Bk_G0ezNiPQVztBy_d0bUMUAWQihCRQ0JXaftyjBKN6w

Misaki's delicious Yosenabe

Misaki's a great cook too, her Yosenabe was delicious- as I said real perfect wife material 'attractive, polite, great cook'- I can only think that she has a weakness for older guys with money, or perhaps she's just a model or an actress, as Dragon-san makes a pathetic attempt to try and impress me- whilst the truth is he either doesn't have a wife or the real wife is being hidden away- he's not impressing me, he's just making me jealous and I don't even want to think about whether or not they 'do it' whilst he's wearing that stupid mask!

Dragon-san's 'perfect' wife charade pissing me off aside (damn it, I refuse to believe it's not an act), we got to talking business and Dragon-san set me a few goals.

' I would like to see us be at least as popular as we are now in 32 months'

I thought he was going for all out war on UPJ, I mean being as popular as we are now is hardly ambitious...seems pretty obvious to me that DIASPORA should not fall in popularity- he may as well fire me on the spot, as soon as it shows any sign of falling below it's currently pop levels.

' Yes the aim is to show the Matsumoto's we are superior, but this is not a short battle, it is a long war and we must establish ourselves first- DIASPORA needs to walk, before it can run, and then run before it can fly'

Mystical clap-trap aside, he was actually talking alot of sense there, and a cautious approach made sense, but to me he was still being captain obvious.

'Now onto a more personal matter, Tian Long is a great friend of mine, I have managed to persuade him out of retirement and he should be treated with the respect he deserves. Please do not 'job' him because he is what many perceive to be old. Japan was built on the respect of it's elders, yes DIASPORA is trying to break new ground, but we are about evolution, not revolution. All I'm asking is that Tian Long to be kept looking strong, as he edges closer to retirement....I'm not begging you to give him one final title push, but it is something you can consider'

I could understand where Dragon-san, was coming from here and Tian Long certainly deserves to be treated with respect, but the truth is despite still being in good shape for his age, Tian Long was well passed his prime and whilst he shouldn't be treated as a jobber, I got the feeling Dragon-san still wanted me to push him as a strong competitor and to me he was someone who should be a midcard 'gatekeeper'......He may preach about DIASAPORA being a new beginning and all that, but I could already see that Dragon-san was not whiter than white, when it came to backstage politics.

I have much respect for Tian-Long, but I'm kind of hoping now he retires soon- otherwise I could have the boss breathing down my neck, for not pushing his friend to the moon- but if we're going to be a threat to the UPJ, pushing Tian Long to the moon and back is not going to cut it. For now I bit my tongue on this matter, and just nodded along to Dragon-san's demand, or perhaps I was just distracted by his beautiful 'wife' Misaki- her shapely figure perfectly presented in her kimono.

I wasn't just going to sit back and listen to his demands though, as the new head booker, I had to show I had some ideas of my own.....

'To me the roster is looking a little thin, and could do with a few extra bodies'

Dragon-san answered back with a hint of concern to my suggestion

'But we have coped well with the amount of people we have'

I suspected he may be a bit tight, hence the cheap Ramen meal in Osaka and the home-cooked fare here (though I shouldn't complain- both were delicious) but I needed to stand my ground on this one...

'Yeah you've coped well for now, but the fans will soon become bored if you keep churning out the same matches over and over again....a few extra bodies to freshen things up is all I'm asking for?'

Dragon-san, still didn't look entirely sold on the idea

'As I said, we need to walk before we can run, and having too many people on the wage bill, could hurt us financially'

'I understand that, but I'm not asking for us to go after star talent, I'm thinking more raw, unproven guys from the independent circuit- that can help to freshen up the undercard'

'Fair enough, but we have Pro-Wrestling Refuge, our dojo for that'

Dragon-san's pessimism was starting to irritate me now, in order to bring down the UPJ, this guy needed to have more drive and ambition, he talked a great game in Osaka....perhaps he had too many beers and saki's before he got to me after all and maybe I was seeing more of the 'real' Dragon-san right here tonight.

'And just how many of these graduates, are ready right now to step onto the roster?'

'None yet'

He goes on about the dojo, but no one is even near ready....he was shooting down my idea for hiring some cheap under-card talent to flesh out the ranks and didn't even have a good argument or a viable alternative plan to shoot it down with, I just couldn't hold it in much longer.....

'Look Dragon-san, I thought you wanted to stick it to the Matsumoto's'

'I do, what you trying to get at Kunomasu-san?'

'I understand being cautious and all, walk before you can run and all that, but as screwy as you were when I met you, I admired you drive and ambition, but tonight that drive doesn't seem to be there'

Dragon-san seemed to get rankled by the suggestion that I was questioning his drive and commitment into place.

'I DO want to succeed, I want DIASPORA to become the greatest Puroresu company in the world, not just Japan....but I also do want to see it end in failure, because we over pushed ourselves'

'I understand that, but all I'm asking for is that we expand the roster with some cheap undercard talent, whilst we wait for some graduates to come through'

Eventually the standing of my ground, seemed to wear Dragon-san down and he relented from his own stubborn stance.

'OK, but for now our priority is the established talent we have here'

It was clear to see that Dragon-san, felt a sense of loyalty to those who initially joined his 'revolution', and whilst much of the initial roster was worth sticking by, I'm sure especially in the under-card, I could find talent that could work better and for cheaper, because they hadn't been given their chance with an established promotion yet. Much of the initial DIASPORA roster were those who followed Dragon-san out of UPJ.

However it looked like I had finally made some head-way, despite that Dragon-san was not done......

'Can I also suggest that when you hire and extend the contracts of your in-ring talent, that we only take on those who have reasonable stamina levels and also work safely in the ring. I personally do wan't wrestlers who cannot handle more than a five minute match before huffing and puffing, nor do I want to see someone who consistently compromises the safety of his fellow talent'

From what I could assess on the current roster, Mitsubishi-san needed to improve his cardio and of course Xtincion was consistent botcher. It had to make me wonder how Xtinction managed to make his way onto the roster in the first place, but then again neither does anyone else.

It was now getting late, so we concluded the meeting. My home of course was in Osaka, miles away from Yokohama and despite the effiency of the Japanese trains.... I would not make it back until the early hours of the morning. So Dragon-san offered to put me up for the night......

The guest room was in a seperate annex, from where Dragon-san and the lovely Misaki would sleep. I guess that was a good thing, as I would be spared the possible embarassment of having to listen to their 'love making' given these thin walls. But surely Dragon-san, would have been respectful anyway, had the guest room been next to his and besides I still wasn't convinced that 'Misaki' was his real wife anyway.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTEuGqc9t95irpJJt3LBZw13jrIzKnIJq9hvQQ92BDewxUC4GRE

In all fairness, as I slept in the guest-room of my bosses house. I thought that If Diaspora was going to become my priority from now on, I really should consider moving nearer to their base of operations, here in Yokohama. Yes there was the computer game business, but it was a small time operation, basically run by me, myself and I, and my distributors were based in Tokyo anyway.

One last thing:

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTTy1S9bbxiUePAPaIVZ31I5gZG6QFY17CmEP6bplvr8Xl_-04xhttp://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_ShintaroHideki.jpg

Shintaro Hideki ______________ Naomichi Marufuji

At first, I wanted to defend that Naomichi didn't look anything like that. Now, looking at it more.... Holy crap.

I would consider posting Jun Kasai/Nobusuke Takabe and Jaki Numasawa/Fujimaro Tansho pictures next to each other, but somehow I imagine they won't be making it into this dynasty. Although if they do, they'll have at least one supporter! :p

Random thoughts:

The range of anime references is pretty impressive. From better known stuff like Evangelion and Death Note to lesser known series like Shakugan no Shana. I'd halfway expected Sairento would draw on Souleater and Bleach for finishers, but NGE and Death Note fit in pretty well..

The profiles in general were alot of fun, the effort you put into them really shows. The format is excellent and gets a little bit of every type of information across. If only the game had blood types.

I'd missed Takayuki being from Osaka but it makes sense. A company this crazy needs at lease one good practical guy. Sounds like they have a plan for progressing now, as well as laying the groundwork for some future tension.

@Infernalmiko

My anime viewing is quite broad, though there is still plenty I have yet to see. I don't tend to go for the one's that run for about 5 million episodes (I'm looking at you Bleach and Naruto :p), can't be bothered following a series for that long- mind you if they got round to making a further ten series of Haruhi Suzumiya, I'd be there in a flash :), I would even forgive them for Endless Eight!

The Japanese are really into Blood Types aren't they? Don't know anywhere else in the world, where it even has the slightest bit of significance.

Anyway back on to more diary related things-

First show preview should be up sometime later, and then the next show should be up next weekend....

Despite the fact that I will be using a more condensed format for much of the matches, I'm still going to be basically sticking to a show a week type of schedule. Part of the reason why the matches are going to be more condensed, is that I wanted to also have time to flesh out other parts such as the out of ring stuff and develop the wrestlers as characters away from the ring....

You see with this latest project, I wan't to show that I am more than the 'awesome match write-up's' guy. I know I built my reputation on that foundation, but I always felt I could offer more as a writer.

I never wished for my Burning Hammer diary to end, and it still frustrates me that I never got to see it through until at least the end of the full year in game. But in some ways that cloud, has had a silver lining and I think had that diary not come to an end, then I wouldn't be creating this right here, a project I feel (if I keep up my current standards and enthusiasm) could be my best diary yet. Well for me anyway, it's certainly feeling like my most enjoyable project thus far.

There will be a prediction's form at the end of the preview as always, so feel free to predict- but there won't be any predictions contest. I accept that enthusiasm for predictions, will die down eventually and that I will end up with a core four or five 'hardcore' predictors.

Mind you I think the day Infernalmiko, packs in commentating/predicting on this, is the day I put the project to bed :p. Delivering a slice of 'Puro heaven' on the boards for Miko, contributed to me getting the urge to start up another diary so soon, after the Burning Hammer one died.

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/DIASPORA_Banner-1.jpg

Get ready, because after a one month hiatus to be with their families over Christmas (will celebrate ANYTHING here in Japan!) and to rest their wll worn bodies, the stars of DIASPORA will be back in action on Tuesday 3rd January. It all kicks off again at the Fukuoka Hall, in Fukoka prefecture, Kyushu- with the first leg of the Full Metal Panic! Tour.

The first 'Final' of the year see's the two singles champions Prime Dragon and Hyotaru Ichigawa join forces, to show the strength of the Guardians of DIASPORA. Facing off against them will be the driving forces behind Kuro-Nadeshiko, Sairento and GUSHIKEN....keen to show they are the real dominant force of DIASPORA and to enhance their claim's to the Super Junior and Heavyweight Championships respectively.

Semi Final contest will see Koto Arato keen to show he is still a strong contender for the Heavyweight Championship, however he faces a huge roadblock in the form of Kuro-Nadeshiko's enforcer Chojiro Ino. In turn 'Epic Tsunami' will enhance his own title credentials should he beat former champion Arato.

DIASPORA's always exciting Junior Division will have the spotlight put on it, when the S.H.I.P trio of Hiroto Nori and the Junior Tag champions 'New Solution (Yamato & Hidaka) team up to take on the Kuro-Nadeshiko trio of former champions IMPERIOUS (Incognito & Tian Long) and Soh Terajima. IMPERIOUS will be keen to show they're championship pedigree by striking back against the team that beat them for the titles, but can New Solution alongside Hiroto Nori, make the counter-strike to stop the former champions title hopes in their tracks.

The first title match of the year will take place, with the Tokyo Wrecking Crew (Hiro Date and Oda Yamawaki) making their first defence of the titles they won from the abrubtly dispanded former champions PUNCH (Chojiro Ono and Kan Mitsubishi)- Their first challengers?....ShimiKuma (Aki Shimizudani & Horiuchi Inokuma), can the un-aligned duo pull of the upset and end TWC's title reign at the first hurdle?

Rounding out the show the Guardians duo of Eikichi Minamoto and Zodiac take on the somewhat random pairing of Yachi Kotara and the mysterious Xtincion in mixed weight tag action, Kohei Hidaka (one half of 'The Forgotten') takes on the Guardian's young star Talisman in Junior Division singles action and there will be a 4-way match featuring Hideaki Kasuse, HUSTLE Umiro, Kan Mitsubishi and Shiki Hirase.

Full Metal Panic! Tour - Show #1

Fukoka Hall, Fukuoka, Kyushu, Tuesday 3rd January 2012.

~Re-Engage War Mode~

Final (45 Min Limit): Mixed Weight, Main Attraction Tag Team War

'Representing Guardians of DIASPORA'

Super Junior Champion- Prime Dragon &

Heavyweight Champion- Hyotaro Ichigawa

vs

'Representing Kuro-Nadeshiko'

Sairento & GUSHIKEN

~Show Strong~

Semi Final (30 Min Limit): Heavyweight Singles Challenge

'Representing S.H.I.P'

'Koto Arato'

vs

Chojiro Ono

5th Match (30 Min Limit): Junior Division Trio's match

'Representing S.H.I.P'

Hiroto Nori &

Junior Tag Team Champions-

New Solution (Kotei Yamato & Shintaro Hideki)

vs

Soh Terajima &

IMPERIOUS (Incognito & Tian Long)

4th Match (45 Min Time Limit): All Asia Tag Team Championship

(1st Defence)

'Representing S.H.I.P'

Tokyo Wrecking Crew (Hiro Date & Oda Yamawaki)

vs

ShimiKuma (Aki Shimizudani & Hirouchi Inokuma)

3rd Match (20 Min Time Limit): Mixed Weight Tag Team Match

Eikichi Minamoto & Zodiac

vs

Yachi Kotara & Xtinction

2nd Match (20 Min Time Limit): Junior Singles Match

'Representing The Forgotten'

Kohei Hidaka

vs

Talisman

1st Match (15 Min Time Limit): 4 Way Match

'Representing The Forgotten'

Hideaki Kasuse

vs

HUSTLE Umiro

vs

Kan Mitsubishi

vs

Shiki Hirasi

Predictions Form:

Prime Dragon & Ichigawa vs Sairento & GUSHIKEN

Koto Arato vs Chojiro Ono

Nori,Yamato & Hideki vs Terajima, Incognito & Tian Long

All Asia Tag Championship: Tokyo Wrecking Crew (Date & Yamawaki) vs ShimiKuma (Shimizudani & Inokuma)

Minamoto & Zodiac vs Kotara & Xtinction

Kohei Hidaka vs Talisman

Kasuse vs HUSTLE vs Mitsubishi vs Hirasi

Nori,Yamato & Hidaka vs Terajima, Incognito & Tian Long

All Asia Tag Championship: Tokyo Wrecking Crew (Date & Yamawaki) vs ShimiKuma (Shimizudani & Inokuma)

Kohei Hidaka vs Talisman

- Starts the tour out strong for the champs. Sairento definitely deserves a shot at Dragon but by winning, it puts GUSHIKEN in line for a Heavyweight title shot, and I don't think you'll go that way.

- Ono is a lackey for a stable, Arato is a contender. Need that Ichigawa/Arato rematch.

Nori,Yamato & Hidaka vs Terajima, Incognito & Tian Long

- Shintaro Hideki. Anyway, Nori, Yamato and Hideki are all my creations so I gotta side with them, although Incognito was mine also. Still, 3 out of 3 and I have the want to see Nori take the step up and be the face.

- They're the champs. Yamawaki has unbelievable potential and I just like Date.

- Zodiac is one of my favourite creations, I love what you've done with him being some crazy, constant innovator, and Minamoto is a guy who will probably be in the heavyweight title mix soon enough. Kotara is lame and Xtinction isn't going anywhere fast.

Kohei Hidaka vs Talisman

- Again, gotta pick my boy.

- Picking another creation of mine, but this time for a reason. Kasuse is pretty terrible, and HUSTLE is more popular than Mitsubishi and Hirasi. And Mitsubishi isn't that good either. Hirasi should definitely shine in the future though.

Archived