Mega Millions Over Half A Billion $$$

juggaloninjalee

I would play if I were American.

If I won, I would - among many things - buy Bioware from EA and have them re-do the Mass Effect 3 ending. No really, I would buy a couple of computer game companies and have them make games *exactly* the way I would like them... starting with having Ryland do TEW 2012. I would also look to invest in a football club. And, of course, buy myself a kick ass zombie-proof appartment.

I'm going to get a ticket tonight.

If I win I'm moving out of the US to Scotland. As I've wanted to do for almost 20 years now.

I'd take the cash option which I think is something like 200 million. That would be enough to have a nice two bedroom house built to my liking on a little bit of land with Cherry trees.

I would take some and split it between my nine niece and nephews. As for the rest of my family....nothing. :) I'm evil.

I'd then put the rest into a bank account and spend wisely. I don't believe in going all out. If I have money I don't spend it stupidly. I like to be frugal. I buy what I need when I need it, just right now my needs are about equal to my income like most people now adays.

Anyone who says that the money wouldn't change them is a LIAR!! :D

I once found £500 and woke up two days later in a hotel room with a black eye and no shoes.

If I won the lottery I'd be dead within a month, guaranteed.

I don't if it is money changes people or just takes away a lot of the restrictions stopping someone from being their real self. That being said yeah I don't think I would last long if I overnight went from low middle class to Millionaire. If I did survive it odds are I would be an alcoholic. I mean what would stop me from partying 300 days a year?

I think I read that before taxes, taking it all in one lump some at this point is around 316 million. And thats before taxes. Still alot of money though. I may buy a ticket, if I can find some change in my couch :rolleyes:

On the other side of things, I promise everyone if I win that the next TEW shall be in 3D, and that one day a good NBA management sim will be made!!

Well, if I'm going to dream, I might as well dream big. :D

Well, if I'm going to dream, I might as well dream big. :D

I am with ya because it is fun to dream. If you don't do the lump sum you will get it all at over $200,000.00 a week!!! That is almost a million a month before taxes.

Wonder who I would hire for my wrestling promotion.

I would build my own venue for events 1st off. On nights without wrestling it would be a concert venue. The goal would be that it could hold up to 2,000 people maybe?

Wrestlers I would have to sign would be Colt Cabana, Rhino, Petey Williams, Sonjay Dutt, MVP (if he wanted to), John Morrison (just for name value), Tommy Treznik, the Bump N Uglies, Billy Kidman, some luchadors, and some Japanese stars. For the womens division... Melina, Jazz, Madison Eagles, Lufisto, Mena Libra, and Jillian Hall.

Why Scotland?

When I was little an uncle of mine traveled all over the world. He came home one year with a Scottish girlfriend and her son and I became fast friends. It was hard at first because of the accent, but I grew to love it. LAter on I found out that my grandfathers ancestors came from the Scotland Ireland area. I was always interested in the couture and just the all out beautiful scenes I've seen.

I hate the sun, Love cloudy semi chilly days. I've been told England and Scotland are my best options. I read a book a while back that discribed the Isle of Skye to be a beautiful tranquil area. After looking online it seems to be just that. Though England has it's appeal as well. I've been planning a trip for some time now. (money sucks) to go to England for a week, then Scotland for a week. I'd love to see where my ancestors come from so it's something that I'm working towards. It will take me some time, but it's one of the I will do before I die things. :)

Also, I don't think I would be changed becausze of the money. I think ith's the lack of money that holds people back. I don't want expensive things. If I have money I don't spend it on much. I was handed a decent chunk of money. I will say it was over 4k, but under 10k. That to me is a lot of money. I wound up spending it on things I needed. It happened that during this time my computer decided to take a crap on me. I loved that stupid thing, but apparently the power supply died. I didn't know this till I got a new one the next day. Nothing over expensive either. I looked at what I liked to use my computer for. I got a decent desktop for about 500 bucks. I could have went all out and got some massive computer and spent a good 2 grand on it, but it's not who I am. I did buy an iPad only because it's good for me. I use it more than I do my computer. For people like me it comes in handy.

So no I don't think I would change much if I had a great chunk of money. There isn't anything beyond a cute little house and Cherry trees I really want. :)

I don't if it is money changes people or just takes away a lot of the restrictions stopping someone from being their real self. That being said yeah I don't think I would last long if I overnight went from low middle class to Millionaire. If I did survive it odds are I would be an alcoholic. I mean what would stop me from partying 300 days a year?

Only 300? Psh, lightweight. With that kind of money you could by and extra few days and party for an even 370 :-p

I think it's all about consequences really - the more $$$ you have in the bank, the fewer immediate consequences you have t worry about. We'd all love to party for a month solid, buy everything we see etc, but when the bank account runs dry and rent is due, or the kids need stuff or whatever...it doesn't add up. Half a billion dollars removes short terms consequences, and for some people that's a dangerous thing.

I remember when I was about 18, this guy, I'd say about 45, came into my local flush with cash. Rolls of 50 guilder notes. He was buying rounds of drinks, giving random people a 50 and telling them to get him a beer and keep the change, all kinds of crazy stuff. He ended up getting wasted and playing pool, where he was completely hustled out of everything he had by a guy from our collage who was a competitive snooker player. Anyway, it must have been about 2am when the guy realised he'd got through what must have been thousands of guilders, and he went ballistic. He turned a load of tables over and threw a glass at a girl who was minding her own business. So he ended up going out the back way, sent home with no money and an ass-kicking for his troubles.

Everyone was getting settled again, when one of the barmen who was clearing up said to nobody in particular - "That's how you tell the difference between someone who came into a lot of money over night, and someone who earned it." Very true!

I am looking on jelously from England. :p

Although I seriously don't know what I would do with the money beyond a house, a car, furnishing for said house & a bit of techy stuff (new laptop, phone, etc.).

Most of it would probably be invested in devious ways to avoid as much tax as possible. (Maybe a bank account in Monaco in my dogs name. Seemed to work for Harry Redknapp :p)

I was handed a decent chunk of money. I will say it was over 4k, but under 10k. That to me is a lot of money. I wound up spending it on things I needed.

Ahh, but that was enough money to buy everything you needed. What if you'd been given $40,000? Or $400,000? Or $40,000,000? Then you can get everything you NEED, plus everything you WANT :)

I do not need a life size Optimus Prime for my driveway. But if I came into half a billion dollars, you can bet your behind I'd have one :D

Ahh, but that was enough money to buy everything you needed. What if you'd been given $40,000? Or $400,000? Or $40,000,000? Then you can get everything you NEED, plus everything you WANT :)

I do not need a life size Optimus Prime for my driveway. But if I came into half a billion dollars, you can bet your behind I'd have one :D

Oh there were plenty of things I wanted to buy, just didn't. The only splurge that I really did was about $300 on a dress for an upcoming wedding, that got cancelled the day before. :eek:

Oooh, I'd also hire a guy whose only job would be to stand at the top of a flight of stairs in my house and 'high-five' me whenever I got to the top.

I'm getting my own 50' TitanTron to play my theme whenever I walk into a room...

....BREAK THE WALLS DOWN!!!!!...

"Hi, can I get twenty bucks on pump three? Thanks"

Seriously, I'm working class poor...I'm gonna be like the kid in Willy Wonka...can only afford one candy bar...hope I get the Golden Ticket!

I have my ticket and know I have no chance in winning, but if I did my order of priorities would be:

Pay off outstanding bills/debt.

Pay off car.

Buy a modest 2 bedroom house with finished basement and turn said basement into a man cave with all the trimmings (poker table and 84 inch television included).

Provide for parents.

...That's about it, really. Would save/invest the rest.

Oooh, I'd also hire a guy whose only job would be to stand at the top of a flight of stairs in my house and 'high-five' me whenever I got to the top.

If you ever win the lottery and are willing to offer a decent wage, you have your guy right here. :D

*InternetFive*

To bad I'm underage and live in Canada. If I were to win I would build my own dream house, and basically save the rest. Oh yeah buy a nice car.

My house would have a good water slide from the top of it, a theater with the ability to play video games and use a computer. A bowling alley. Last but not least a music studio.

Archived