NWA/Mid Atlantic Wrestling: Reliving the Glory Days

If I could get all you guys to close your eyes just for a moment and let me take you back to a time,to where it was fun being a kid,Saturday morning cartoons with your favorite bowl of cereal,going to the arcade with your friends,and come 6:00 pm that evening it was time to watch the best 2 hours of television that night,that's right the National Wrestling Alliance/JCP Promotions. Every Saturday night you would tune in to see your favorite wrestlers such as "The American Dream"Dusty Rhodes, "The Nature Boy"Ric Flair , The 4Horsemen,Magnum T.A.,The Rock N Roll Express,The Midnight Express,"The Russian Nightmare"Nikita Koloff, just to name a few. Some of you may not remember the good ol days,but some of you old schoolers know what I mean and know how good it felt to be a wrestling fan during that time period.The good ol days may be gone, but through this NWA/Mid Atlantic Wrestling dynasty I hope to bring back some memories and have some fun with this

::From the office of JCP Promotions::

Jim Crockett Jr.,owner of JCP Promotions along with Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling is very pleased to announce that JCP Promotions and the Board of directors of the National Wrestling Alliance have decided to merge together,that's right you will now be seeing your favorite NWA wrestlers along with your favorite MACW wrestlers and to get this ball rolling next weeks show MACW All Star Wrestling the NWA Worlds Heavyweight Champion "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair will be in attendance plus another major announcement by Jim Crockett Jr.

National Wrestling Alliance and MACW present

ALL STAR WRESTLING

preview:: This Saturday Night on All Star Wrestling what will Jim Crockett Jr's announcement be? Also what will the Nature Boy have in store for us? all this and more plus the following schedule matches have been announced

The Barbarian w/Paul Jones vs George South

The New Breed vs The Mulkey Brothers

"The Raging Bull" Manny Fernandez vs Baron Von Rasche w/Paul Jones

Mid Atlantic Heavyweight titles match Buddy Landell© vs "The Boogie Woogie Man"Jimmy Valiant

all this and more

This would do alot for Paul Jones if I'm right about both match's... Will make him have great bragging rights, and give them some good momentum to take the good guys up to the next level.

Mid Atlantic Heavyweight titles match Buddy Landell© vs "The Boogie Woogie Man"Jimmy Valiant

Although I hope Jimmy doesn't lose before we get to see the moonwalk:)

I'm hoping he comes to the ring, shows off a bit, get's so into it that when the bell rings he doesn't notice, and Landell lays him out. That would start a pretty good thing going on.

looking forward to this and hope it blossoms to a long life

first two are more squashish matches

Bull wins round 1. Maybe with the help of Valiant (or at least Boy from NYC gets involved in any post match melee)

Boogie Woogie never did win a title in MAC and don't expect him to here. Could see Jones getting involved to cost Valiant

Is JJ Dillion managing Landell?

Good luck with this - what's the timeframe here? March 87?

A nice dominant squash for Barbara.

The Mulkeys are arguably the greatest jobber team of all time in my opinion.

I'm working on the assumption that this is March 87, and the Baron is on the wind-down here for me.

Buddy to retain. Agree that I can't see Boogie Woogie taking the step to the top of the ladder here. Thankfully. I couldn't stand him.

I like George South alot.. Ive met him a couple of times and seems like a nice guy...But The Barbarian is about to destroy him

A team that had potential in my book, that fell of the face of the earth... They come from the future where Dusty Rhodes is president.. Which quite frankly might be a better world, then the one we're in (sorry didnt mean to get political) New Breed all the way

Ragin bull all the way!!! Could be an angle ... Barbarian into the mix?

Valiant is over, but he's the kind of guy that crowd gets behind only to see the heels win

Good luck with this. There can never be enough historical diaries in my mind

Archived