Belt brought back in August 2009, Peter Valentine only person to hold it

Belt previously retired since July 2007

USPW Women’s Title

Raven Robinson (current champ) defeated Belle Bryden in September 2009

Belle Bryden defeated Alicia Strong in January 2009

Alicia Strong held the belt from June 2008 to January 2009

Current Storylines

Enygma vs. Tyson Baine

USPW World champion Enygma has come face-to-face with Tyson Baine on several occasions since winning the world title, and has ended each encounter by being viciously laid out. Has Baine got the champ's number?

Started: November 2009

Analysis: Baine has foregone the usual mind games and has been out to annihilate Enygma. Not entirely sure how much more mileage their feud has, with Baine destroying Enygma as he has recently.

Chris Caulfield vs. Bruce the Giant (#1 Contender)

Bruce The Giant and Chris Caulfield were named joint number one contenders to the USPW World title in September 2009, and have been locked in a struggle to prove which is the better wrestler ever since. Who will come out victorious and get to move on to the champion?

Started: September 2009

Analysis: Rumor has it January will see the conclusion of this storyline. I’ve been waffling as to who would be better served to win this feud, but it largely depends on who wins the above match up.

James Justice vs. T-Rex

T-Rex looked unstoppable until he went head-to-head with the former USPW champion James Justice and got cleanly pinned. Since that loss, T-Rex has looked more focused and vicious than ever, and is now looking for a rematch.

Started: December 2009

Analysis: The feud that has the most potential for early 2010. I’m guessing we have at least 2 more matches between these two before things are settled.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/CQI13/USPW%20Game/rajahcversecopy.png

News & Notes

*Shane Sneer will leave the broadcast position to manage The Sneer Corporation full time.

*USPW.com has been teasing a big announcement by Sam Strong to be made on TV in the first few weeks of 2010. All signs point to a PPV agreement.

*Kate Andrews, one of the brightest up and coming Independent Stars in wrestling today has been given the book in USPW. Our sources inside the company say her first two orders of business are to revamp the Women’s “Division” (4 wrestlers a division do not make) and to promote younger talent. Not sure how the “I don’t want great wrestling, I want wrestlers I know” crowd that USPW typically attracts will react to that.

USPW Prediction Key

USPW American Wrestling (Wednesday, Week 1 January 2010)

*Kate Andrews vs. Cherry Bomb

*Nicky Champion vs. Bruce the Giant

*Captain USA vs. T-Rex

*Clark Alexander vs. Andre Jones © - TV Title Match

*Savage Fury vs. The Towers of Power

*Alicia Strong vs. Belle Bryden

*Enygma © vs. Jumbo Jackson - World Title Match

Kate Andrews vs. Cherry Bomb

Kate Andrews wins her debut match.

Nicky Champion vs. Bruce the Giant

While Nicky is the future, the past wins this one.

Captain USA vs. T-Rex

T-Rex eats Captain Jobber for breakfast.

Clark Alexander vs. Andre Jones © - TV Title Match

Champ retains his title.

Savage Fury vs. The Towers of Power

ToP win with Sneer help.

Alicia Strong vs. Belle Bryden

Tough choice, but I'm going with Belle with a hand full of cheating.

Enygma © vs. Jumbo Jackson - World Title Match

Enygma for the victory. I expect Baine to show up during or after the match for an attack on the champ.

Looking forward to this one, CQI13.

Kate Andrews debuts in a big way when she defeats the mighty Cherry Bomb

Nicky is the future but Bruce is the present and one of the top contenders.

Captain USA vs. T-Rex

T-Rex SMASH!

Successful title defense against the former Iceman

Shane Sneer leads the former 4 time USPW World Tag Team Champions to victory.

The USPW Womens Champion is a face so it makes sense for Belle to win.

Jackson winning would be a huge swerve but I see Enygma walking away with this one either by submission or DQ when Tyson Baine interferes.

Maybe Kate can find her a ch-ch-ch-ch-cherry bomb?

Ride him until he retires. And probably even after that.

Captain USA vs. T-Rex

lol

/shrug

One of my favorite teams, even though they aren't that good as it turns out in the ring ._.

I agree with xopher, but I hope Bryden gets a hand full of something else >__________>

Enygma doesn't entirely suck.

Looking forward to this one... USPW is by far my favourite, because it's great to see how people cope with bringing in the much-needed new blood without ruining the fed's feel.

*Kate Andrews vs. Cherry Bomb - Booker doesn't win over someone as established as Cherry in her debut, surely?

*Nicky Champion vs. Bruce the Giant - There may be times to job Bruce. This isn't one of them.

*Captain USA vs. T-Rex - T-REX SMASH!!

*Clark Alexander vs. Andre Jones © - TV Title Match - No reason to switch.

*Savage Fury vs. The Towers of Power - Fury rock.

*Alicia Strong vs. Belle Bryden - Liss rocks too.

*Enygma © vs. Jumbo Jackson - World Title Match - Jumbo's not good enough for the belt.

Wednesday, January Week 1, 2010

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/CQI13/USPW%20Game/ARRCrewcopy.png

Wednesday, January Week 1, 2010

LIVE! from The Huntsville Fairgrounds, in front of a SELL OUT crowd of 5,000 fans, this is USPW American Wrestling.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/CQI13/USPW%20Game/USPW1.jpg

USPW Women's Title Fatal Four Way Qualifying Match #1

Say that 5 times fast! On USPW.com, we were told that Sam Strong, commissioner as of the last big event of 2009, has decided to make the match for the USPW Women's Title at the first big event of 2010 a Fatal 4 Way, with each winner becoming a participant in the match. First up we have Kate Andrews taking on Cherry Bomb. After a match with some good action, but not much in the way of heat, Andrews picks up the win by pinfall. Cherry Bomb is beside herself!

Peter Valentine Buys Himself Some Muscle

Peter Valentine comes out to remind us that his belt (no, really, it's his. They brought it back just for him) is so prestigious that he's had challenges from all over the world (maybe just the Southeast US, but whatever, I'll bite). And of course, with what's at stake, he wouldn't put it past them to try a sneak attack or some other dastardly deed. As such, he would like to present to us his new bodyguard...Anger!

Really? I was expecting a little more. Wait, isn't Anger part of the Sneer Corporation? Ah, there's the explanation: Valentine decided to buy his contract from Sneer. More on this later.

Bruce the Giant vs. Nicky Champion

A quick match, which suffered from a lack of selling (how much can a giant sell before he's no longer a giant?) in which Nicky got some offense in. Champion went to the top rope, but before he was able to perform whatever he had planned, Bruce grabbed him by the throat and slammed him on the mat with a Giant Chokeslam. Champion must have taken a bad bump, as the match finished shortly after that, with the refereree calling the EMTs down to the ring. For what it's worth, Bruce and Nicky showed great chemistry against each other. This could be interesting.

James Justice calls out The Jurassic Dude

With only the announcement left to make to finalize their match at the next big event missing, James Justice called out the "Jurassic Dude" T-Rex in this backstage interview. It was OK for what it was, but I was honestly expecting a little more from Justice in this segment.

A Jurassic SQUASH

T-Rex's answer came in the form of a mercifully short match against Captain USA which he dominated from bell to bell...all 4 minutes of it. And as much as the fans don't like squash matches, would they rather have heard T-Rex grumble? Or the Sheik speak? I agree, the match is better.

THE FORCE Is Not So Strong With This One

A brief comedic segment to lighten the mood. We are taken backstage to The Force's locker room, where he's talking about the latest gift from the gods in the heavens above, created by the moon dwellers and star travelers: the latest FORCE T-Shirt. Unfortunately, he's interrupted by Darryl Devine, who makes some comment that doesn't sit well with The Force. For his troubles he gets beaten up, and The Force drapes the t-shirt on him. I don't know what Devine is so upset about...it's a good looking t-shirt!

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/CQI13/USPW%20Game/TheForceT-shirt1copy.png

That's Just Cold, Man!

Our next match was for the USPW Television Title, currently held by Andre Jones, facing off against the Wrestler Formerly Known as Iceman, Clark Alexander. The in-ring action was solid, on par with what's expected from Alexander. And it had average heat, probably because some of our fans in attendance probably watch TCW...I never said the truth didn't hurt. After some back and forth, Jones hit the Blast from the Past for the pin. After the match we were treated by a short diatribe by Jones, in which he says he's a Big League Star, and since no one in USPW is good enough to contend for his belt, he's gonna have to beat outsiders like Clark in his title defenses...maybe some USPW Superstar will step up to the challenge?

The Towers of Power Make a Statement...Sort Of

The Towers of Power faced off against Savage Fury in a warm up match for their title shot in a few weeks against The People's Team. There's not much to say about the match except that Mick Muscles hit the Bulldozer Powerbomb on Java to get the pinfall. If this is what we can expect from The Towers of Power, hopefully the booking committee has a Plan B.

The Hardcore American Wakes Up a Sleeping Giant

The Hardcore American, Chris Caulfield talks about how he's never backed down from a fight in his life, and that it won't happen when they meet to determine the sole #1 Contender for the greatest prize in all of pro wrestling (or USPW, but whatever). He says Bruce will have to do everything in his power to knock him out, since he'll always come back for more. Careful what you wish for Chris.

USPW Women's Title Fatal Four Way Qualifying Match #2

The semi-main event of the evening was Alicia Strong taking on Belle Bryden for a chance to be in the Fatal 4 Way for the Women's Title. All I can say is: WHY WAS THIS NOT THE MAIN EVENT??? Far and away, MOTN. No botched spots, fluid action. Someone had to lose, and in this case it was Belle Bryden with the Angel Driver.

Enygma Has a Jumbo-Sized Problem

OK, so there was more heat in this match than the previous one, but I would like to think it was due to how awesome the previous one was. Enygma was defending the USPW World Title against The Sneer Corporation's Jumbo Jackson, with Shane Sneer at ringside. Jackson had Enygma in trouble a few times, but was unable to get the job done. We began to see some cracks between Sneer and Jackson...we can only assume things will come to a head sooner rather than later. Enygma locked on the Enygma Variation for the win.

Uh Oh, Here Comes Trouble!

As Enygma is has his back to the entranceway, Tyson Baine comes running down. After getting some offense in, Baine takes control of the situation and hits a Hades Bomb on Enygma. As we fade to black, Baine stands tall over Enygma, belt raised with one hand. In the background we see Sneer upset at Jackson, pointing at Baine, presumably telling him that's what he was supposed to do.

Show Rating: 66

News & Notes

*American Wrestling received a 1.26 rating on Sports America. The booking team hopes to keep the momentum going into their first PPV.

*Oops, I guess I let the cat out of the bag. That's right, USPW has secured a PPV deal with U-Demand. It is rumored that the PPVs will take place the third Sunday of every month, which means we have 2 more weeks of build up. We will provide more information as it becomes available to us. The announcement will likely be made at the next American Wrestling episode.

*In backstage news, Giant Redwood almost got into a fight with Peter Valentine before the show. How does it feel to get a taste of your own medicine, Peter? After being read the riot act, Redwood apparently calmed down, but did not apologize to Valentine.

*Irony of ironies, there's a possibility Redwood will be working with Valentine soon, as he teamed up with Anger in a dark match against The Force & James Justice (The Force picked up the win, Redwood the loss.

*The loss of Anger by The Sneer Corporation baffled us at first. However, we are told Sneer will use the money from Anger's "contract" to get himself a couple of menacing workers to replace him, and perhaps strengthen the Corporation.

OOC: Still working out the format I want to use for the shows. It will definitely evolve from where it's at now.

January Week 1 News & American Wrestling Preview (Wednesday, January Week 2, 2010)

*As reported earlier, USPW is looking to bolster its Women's Division and has looked at AAA's roster for possible additions. They have shown particular interest in both Gorgon & "The Mistress of the DDT" Steph Blake.

*Peter Valentine is looking to increase his security team. We are still eagerly anticipating his first title defense. :rolleyes:

*Oddly enough, there is no Women's Title Match Qualifier scheduled for this week, which most likely means they have been unable to sign their targets.

*After last week's debacle, Darryl Devine posted a challenge on USPW.com, which was answered by none other than...James Justice!

*Speaking of the matches scheduled for this week...

Prediction Key

American Wrestling (Wednesday, January Week 2, 2010)

Raven Robinson vs. Amber Allen (Non-Title Match)

Comment:

The Force & The People's Team vs. Jumbo Jackson & The Towers of Power

Comment:

Ben Williams vs. Bruce the Giant

Comment:

Chance Fortune vs. Andre Jones © (USPW TV Title)

Comment:

James Justice vs. Darryl Devine

Comment:

Chris Caulfield vs. Tyson Baine

Comment:

Prediction Contest

Jaded (5-2)

Eidenhoek (5-2)

angeldelayette (6-1)

xopher316 (6-1)

Raven Robinson vs. Amber Allen (Non-Title Match)

Comment: While talented, Amber ain't going to beat Raven anytime soon.

The Force & The People's Team vs. Jumbo Jackson & The Towers of Power

Comment: Sneer Corporation will feel the FORCE!

Ben Williams vs. Bruce the Giant

Comment: El squasho.

Chance Fortune vs. Andre Jones © (USPW TV Title)

Comment: Andre continues his path through the TCW lower card.

James Justice vs. Darryl Devine

Comment: Justice wins, T-Rex attacks.

Chris Caulfield vs. Tyson Baine

Comment: Baine will break Caulfield.

<p>Wednesday, Week 2 January, 2010</p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/CQI13/USPW%20Game/ARRCrewcopy.png</span></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p>

<em>Wednesday, Week 2 January, 2010</em></p><p>

LIVE! from The Huntsville Fairgrounds, in front of a SELL OUT crowd of 5,000 fans, this is <strong>USPW American Wrestling</strong>.</p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/CQI13/USPW%20Game/USPW1.jpg</span></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Cherry Bomb is going to go BOOM!</strong></p><p>

We open this week’s show with a backstage segment involving Cherry Bomb & Sam Strong. She requests another shot to face Raven Robinson. Strong says that Kate beat her fair and square, in the middle of the ring, so that won’t be possible, maybe next month. Cherry Bomb’s eyes widen, and she pulls at her hair, in disbelief.</p><p>

60</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Raven Robinson vs. "The Glamorous One" Amber Allen</strong></p><p>

The opening contest of the night has Raven Robinson faces off against newcomer Amber Allen, in a non-title match. Raven Robinson had little trouble against her, but Allen does show some promise, as evidenced by the in-ring action. Robinson hit the Night Faller for the pin.</p><p>

45</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>You can't hit what you can't see</strong></p><p>

Enygma is backstage where he’s cutting a promo. He says that Baine has been attacking him for the last several months. He then asks Baine how he’s going to hit what he can’t see…</p><p>

80</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>The Force & The People's Team vs. The Sneer Corporation</strong></p><p>

The next match is between The Force and The People’s Team facing off against The Sneer Corporation’s Jumbo Jackson and The Towers of Power. The match was short due to the fact that the ref couldn’t keep control of the action inside (& outside) the ring. Freddie Datsun went for the pin on Mick Muscles, and Jackson made the save. When he did, The Force made joined the fray, and this caused the corners to clear. While it lasted, the people were into it, and the action was good.</p><p>

48</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Peter Valentine hires MORE muscle</strong></p><p>

In what seemed to be a segment taken from last week, Peter Valentine says he’s been escaping attacks all week (???), and thus he needs even more muscle to back him up, and he brings out none other than…Giant Redwood.</p><p>

60</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Another Giant Chokeslam...</strong></p><p>

In an extremely short match, Bruce the Giant defeated Ben Williams in 3:42 by stoppage when Ben Williams could not get up after a Giant Chokeslam.</p><p>

46</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Alicia Strong Makes Wishes Come True</strong></p><p>

They showed a video of Alicia Strong with the “Make Wishes Come True” Foundation.</p><p>

63</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Andre Jones © vs. Chance Fortune - USPW Television Title Match</strong></p><p>

Andre Jones took on Chance Fortune in the TCW Midcard Tour for the USPW TV Title. The action was solid, and people were into the crowd for the most part. Andre Jones hit the Blast from the Past for the win, making defense number 2 of the USPW Television Title.</p><p>

51</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>USPW going to PPV</strong></p><p>

As rajahcverse.com reported last week, USPW has in fact secured a PPV contract. Sam Strong came out to make the official announcement. He also mentioned that while certain events have become staples of USPW history, with their debut on PPV, they will be creating new traditions, starting with AMERICAN REVOLUTION ™. Another piece of info that came out of the announcement was that all events will be re-branded, and will take place on the third Sunday of every month.</p><p>

84</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>James Justice vs. Darryl Devine</strong></p><p>

Courtesy of the USPW.com challenge, Darryl Devine landed a match against James Justice. The action was good, and the crowd was somewhat into it. Justice hit the Liberation Slam, shortly after the 10 minute mark, to get the win.</p><p>

66</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>The Jurassic One Strikes</strong></p><p>

As Justice celebrates, T-Rex appears from the back, and completely destroys James Justice. As the segment ends, T-Rex has him in the Jurassic Crush, and doesn’t relinquish the hold.</p><p>

82</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Tyson Baine vs. Chris Caulfield</strong></p><p>

The main event of the night was between Tyson Baine and Chris Caulfield. The match was even throughout, Caulfield displaying his huge heart against huge competition. This may have served as preparation for his match against Bruce the Giant, one week from this Sunday night. Speaking of which, Bruce the Giant appeared at the top of the entranceway, distracting Caulfield. That’s all the opening Baine needed, hitting the Hades Bomb for the pin.</p><p>

68</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Man in the shadows</strong></p><p>

As Baine celebrates, the lights go out. When they finally come back on…Enygma is standing behind him, pointing a green baseball bat at him. As Enygma charges towards him, the lights again go out. When they come back on this time, Enygma is on the rafters, a spotlight on him.</p><p>

82</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>SHOW RATING: 70</strong></p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/CQI13/USPW%20Game/rajahcversecopy.png</span></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>News & Notes</strong></p><p> </p><p>

*USPW American Wrestling received a 1.28 rating on Sports America. The booking team is extremely pleased with the results.</p><p> </p><p>

*As expected, Redwood joined Anger as Valentine's muscle. The booking team is said to be very high on tag teams & stables. We'll see if there are any developments beyond that.</p><p> </p><p>

*USPW released the official poster for USPW American Revolution:</p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/CQI13/USPW%20Game/revolutionppvcopy.jpg</span></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p>

*We are still gathering information on the re-branding of USPW events now that they are on PPV. Expect an update on that soon.</p>

<p>January Week 2 News & American Wrestling Preview (Wednesday, January Week 3, 2010)</p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/CQI13/USPW%20Game/rajahcversecopy.png</span></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> *USPW has released the PPV calendar for 2010.</p><p> </p><p> <span>http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/CQI13/USPW%20Game/AmericanRevolutioncopy.jpg</span><span>http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/CQI13/USPW%20Game/WrestlingStarWars-editcopy.jpg</span><span>http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/CQI13/USPW%20Game/RoadToGlorycopy.jpg</span><span>http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/CQI13/USPW%20Game/SpringBreakoutcopy.jpg</span><span>http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/CQI13/USPW%20Game/houseparty2copy.jpg</span><span>http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/CQI13/USPW%20Game/CrossingTheLinecopy.jpg</span><span>http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/CQI13/USPW%20Game/SuperSummerBashcopy.jpg</span><span>http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/CQI13/USPW%20Game/SummerHeatwavecopy.jpg</span><span>http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/CQI13/USPW%20Game/OverTheTopcopy.jpg</span><span>http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/CQI13/USPW%20Game/HalloweenHijinxcopy.jpg</span><span>http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/CQI13/USPW%20Game/UnitedWeStandcopy.jpg</span><span>http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/CQI13/USPW%20Game/superclash.jpg</span></p><p> </p><p> **SPECIAL EVENTS**</p><p> </p><p> - <strong>Wrestling Star Wars</strong> <em>(February)</em> will feature both independent stars & some of the biggest names from around the world.</p><p> </p><p> - <strong>Road to Glory</strong> <em>(March)</em>will feature USPW Superstars wrestling for a shot at the title, good for one year. It is still unknown whether the title shot will be contested as a tournament, or a single multi-man match.</p><p> </p><p> - <strong>Over the Top</strong> <em>(September)</em> will feature a battle royal, where the winner will get a title shot at Super Clash.</p><p> </p><p> - <strong>Halloween Hijinx</strong> <em>(October)</em>will feature random pairings, in both tag team and singles matches.</p><p> </p><p> - <strong>United We Stand</strong> <em>(November)</em>will feture elimination matches.</p><p> </p><p> - <strong>SuperClash</strong> <em>(December)</em> will be the must-see event of the USPW calendar, the biggest event of the year.</p><p> </p><p> * USPW management is said to be very pleased with the match put on by James Justice & Darryl Devine on the last episode of American Wrestling. They are also confident in that the fans will begin taking notice of other rising stars, like current Television champion Andre Jones.</p><p> </p><p> * Speaking of Andre Jones, they hope the exposure he is getting with outside workers will help refine his in-ring ability. It is likely he will soon be facing USPW talent for the Television Title.</p><p> </p><p> * With the announcement of the special events, the first one being USPW Wrestling Star Wars, expect to see many new faces debut in the next month and a half. We are told most signings will occur during the first few months. Whether the signings are long term or not remain to be seen.</p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/CQI13/USPW%20Game/USPW1.jpg</span><p> </p><p> <strong>Prediction Key</strong></p><p> </p><p> Giant Redwood vs. Captain USA</p><p> The Force vs. Mick Muscles</p><p> Tyson Baine vs. Tribal Warrior</p><p> Andre Jones © vs. Aaron Andrews (USPW Television Title)</p><p> Enygma vs. Danny Rushmore (non-title match)</p><p> Steph Blake vs. JoAnne Rodriguez (Final Qualifying Match for the Women's Fatal 4 Way at American Revolution)</p><p> </p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> * We will also hear from Nicky Champion for the first time since his injury, and Peter Valentine will announce his opponent at <strong>USPW American Revolution</strong>.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="33855" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="font-family:Georgia;"><strong>Our thoughts:</strong></span></span><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="font-family:Georgia;"> The card looks a little lean on big matches, but that's understandable, with the PPV being four days later.</span></span></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> As for the <strong>USPW American Revolution</strong> card, here is what we know:</p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/CQI13/USPW%20Game/AmericanRevolutioncopy.jpg</span><p> </p><p> <strong>Women's Title</strong></p><p> Raven Robinson © vs. Alicia Strong vs. Kate Andrews vs. ???</p><p> </p><p> <strong>National Title</strong></p><p> Peter Valentine © vs. ???</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Tag Team Title</strong></p><p> The People's Team © vs. The Towers of Power</p><p> </p><p> <strong>World Title</strong></p><p> Enygma © vs. Tyson Baine</p><p> </p><p> <strong>#1 Contender for the USPW World Title</strong></p><p> Chris Caulfield vs. Bruce the Giant</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Grudge Match</strong></p><p> James Justice vs. T-Rex</p><p> </p></div><p></p><p></p>

Wednesday, Week 3 January, 2010

Wednesday, Week 3 January, 2010

LIVE! from The Huntsville Fairgrounds, in front of a SELL OUT crowd of 5,000 fans, this is USPW American Wrestling.

And Peter Valentine's opponent will be...

Peter Valentine is in the ring to start the show, flanked by Anger & Giant Redwood. He says that he has studied all possible oppoents for his National Title, and has decided on...Captain USA. He says that he's ready to fight now, but it wouldn't be fair to Captain USA, if he didn't have a warm up match before the PPV. So coming up next, we'll see...

Giant Redwood vs. Captain USA

The match was mercifully short, as a match between these two should be. After some interference and taunting by Valentine, Redwood hit the Standing Splash for the pin.

Foxes, Hillbillies, Dungeons & Dragons

As The Force is walking to the ring for his match, he hears strange noises coming from one of the rooms. He opens the door to see a man in a fox mask, and the Hillbillies playing a game of Dungeons & Dragons. The man in the fox mask is clearly into it, while the Hillbillies don't seem to understand what's going on. In the end, Pete the Hillbilly says the next time they'll have to play horseshoes or something like that.

The Force vs. Mick Muscles

The match was pretty good, and the crowd did a good job of getting behind it. In the end, botched interference by Jumbo Jackson spelled the end for Mick Muscles.

Shrimp for Brains

Back in the locker room, Shane Sneer is seen yelling & berating Jumbo Jackson, blaming him for all the misfortune that has befallen The Sneer Corporation. Jackson can be seen seething, but not responding. In the end, Sneer even says that Jackson has shrimp for brains.

Andre Jones vs. Aaron Andrews

Andre Jones made the third defense of the USPW Television Title by facing Aaron Andrews (the other half of the LA Connection). Jones continues to show good form in his matches, but the crowd is not yet completely behind him.

Andre Jones want s a real challenge

Andre Jones grabbed the microphonne and said he's tired of fighting these outsiders who have no claim to the USPW Television Title. He says starting next week, he's laying an open challenge.

USPW World Title #1 Contender Match Contract Signing

Danny Jillefsky brings out Bruce the Giant and Chris Caulfield to sign the contract for their match. There are two added stipulations. First, it is now a no disqualification match. And secondly, the loser of the match will get no title shots for 3 months. After the signing, Bruce tries to intimidate Caulfield, but Caulfield stands his ground against The Giant.

USPW Women's Title Qualifier Match #3

The match was for the final spot in the Women's Title match at American Revolution, and was contested between Joanne Rodriguez and "The Mistress of the DDT" Steph Blake. The fans lack of knowledge of the two participants probably led to the lack of heat, though the action was good. In the end, Steph Blake will join Alicia Strong, Kate Andrews, and Raven Robinson in the Fatal Four Way match at the PPV.

Tyson Baine vs. Tribal Warrior

In an hotly contested match, Tribal Warrior (one half of Savage Fury) took on Tyson Baine. Not much selling was done, which probably hurt the match, but the crowd did a good job of getting behind them. Baine got the pin after a Hades Bomb.

Nicky Champion Calls In

In a strange turn of events, the interview with Nicky Champion took place over the phone, which leads us to believe there is going to be more than what they're letting on. In any case, the crowd went nuts for him, and it must be said that he's done an admirable job of maintaining his momentum since his injury during the first show of the year. Champion said he's looking forward to return to the ring as soon as possible, but the doctors are holding him back in fear that he'll aggravate his injury.

Enygma vs. Danny Rushmore

Note to USPW management: keep these guys away from each other. There was zero chemistry between them, making for a very awkward match. Enygma got the win after the Enygma Variation, but it could not have come soon enough.

Enygma and Baine face off

Enygma decides not to celebrate this time, especially with how things turned out for him last time he did. As expected, Baine made his way out to the ring. They stood in opposite corners, staring each other down, circling inside the ring. The locker room seemed to empty out, and by the time they charged each other, the ring was flooded with workers trying to keep them apart.

Show Rating: 56

News & Notes

*USPW American Wrestling received a 1.10 rating on Sports America. The writing team is extremely disappointed with the rating, much lower than their previous two, especially leading into the PPV this Sunday. There were fears of this upon looking at the card last week, and sure enough they were realized. Most of the matches did not live up to the big angles in the show, with the contract signing and the face off to end the show being two of the most watched segments.

*The big man who debuted in a dark match this week was in fact Hell's Bouncer. Some people did not recognize him due to his new look. Considering USPW already employ a red haired monster in Baine, Hell's Bounce was asked to update his look as part of the signing. He gladly obliged.

*AAA's Gorgon received a try-out match against Kate Andrews on the pre-show. She did a good job, but the crowd is notorious for not quite caring about dark matches. The rumors are already swirling about matching her up with friend Cherry Bomb.

January Week 3 News & USPW American Revolution (PPV) Preview

*With Steph Blake's victory over Joanne Rodriguez, she has punched her ticket to the Fatal 4 Way match for the Women's Title at American Revolution. She will square off against Alicia Strong, Kate Andrews, and the champion, Raven Robinson.

*Rumors are swirling about an upcoming push for some of the younger members of the roster. With the current main event being populated by an older generation, it is probably a wise move. However, as we've noticed in the first month, the crowd is pretty adamant about wanting certain members featured. The booking committee will have to toe a fine line between pushing new blood, and not alienating the fans.

*USPW are looking to test Canadian waters at some point this year. However, members of upper management are not yet sure how to best utilize Canadian superstars who are not nearly as popular in the region, such as if signing a working agreement with CGC or NOTBPW.

*We hear more prominent members of TCW will be making appearances leading up to the second USPW PPV "Wrestling Star Wars". This will of course necessitate loaning out some bigger names to make appearances for them.

*The final card for USPW American Revolution has been posted on the USPW website. You can see it below:

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/CQI13/USPW%20Game/AmericanRevolutioncopy.jpg

Women's Title

Raven Robinson © vs. Alicia Strong vs. Kate Andrews vs. Steph Blake

National Title

Peter Valentine © vs. Captain USA

Tag Team Title

The People's Team © vs. The Towers of Power

#1 Contender for the USPW World Title

Chris Caulfield vs. Bruce the Giant

Grudge Match

James Justice vs. T-Rex

World Title

Enygma © vs. Tyson Baine

OOC: I will try to run a monthly prediction contest, from the first show after the PPV, through the PPV (typically 5 shows, only 4 in this case, since PPV is week 3). The winner will get to choose something for the following PPV. In the case of Wrestling Star Wars, the winner gets to pick a debut/mystery opponent that I will work into a storyline. I will try to do a contest over a longer period (probably 3 PPVs) for some bigger prize.

Prediction standings:

xopher316: 11-2, 2 wins

angeldelayette: 6-1, 1 win

Eidenhoek: 5-2

Jaded: 5-2

American Revolution has been booked, and written up. It will be posted Monday night.

Women's Title

Raven Robinson © vs. Alicia Strong vs. Kate Andrews vs. Steph Blake

National Title

Peter Valentine © vs. Captain USA

Tag Team Title

The People's Team © vs. The Towers of Power

#1 Contender for the USPW World Title

Chris Caulfield vs. Bruce the Giant

Grudge Match

James Justice vs. T-Rex

World Title

Enygma © vs. Tyson Baine

Sunday Week 3, January - USPW American Revolution

Sunday, Week 3 January, 2010

LIVE! from the Louisiana Auditorium, in front of a SELL OUT! crowd of 10,000 fans, USPW Presents: AMERICAN REVOLUTION.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/CQI13/USPW%20Game/AmericanRevolutioncopy.jpg

Sam Strong thanks the fans

Sam Strong came out to start the PPV to thank the fans, both in the Louisiana Auditorium, and those watching at home, for their support in making this PPV possible.

Fatal 4 Way for the USPW Women's Title

The match suffered perhaps from there being 3 faces, and only newcomer Steph Blake being the heel. Blake did show flashes of brilliance, with Kate Andrews being the recipient of a pretty nasty DDT. Raven Robinson was able to hit the Night Faller on Andrews shortly after the 11 minute mark for the win.

Kate Andrews is attacked

After a short hype video for American Wrestling, we come back to Gorgon & Cherry Bomb attacking Kate Andrews backstage. Gorgon hit the Hydra Bomb onto a table, as a demented Cherry Bomb yelled that she would have won that Fatal 4 Way.

The People's Team © vs. The Towers of Power - USPW Tag Team Titles

With Shane Sneer at ring side, the match felt like a 3-on-2. It was a good match, with average heat. The finish came with Muscles getting the pin on Freddie Datsun, but Datsun had his foot underneath the ropes! The referee did not see it, and awarded the match (and the titles) to the Towers of Power! We expect to see some repercussions for this on Wednesday.

Peter Valentine insults Captain USA

Peter Valentine said that unlike The People's Team, he would not lose the National Title, especially not to someone like Captain USA. He said Captain USA was someone who had seen his best days go by (Pot, meet Kettle!), and that he was lucky enough to be receiving a title shot for such a prestigious belt. Captain USA came hobbling out, selling the effects of the Standing Splash by Giant Redwood from the last episode of American Wrestling.

Peter Valentine © vs. Captain USA - USPW National Title

The match was pretty short, which was probably a good thing, between these two. Captain USA wasn't able to get much offense in, selling the hurt ribs. Peter Valentine picked up the pin with The Heartbreaker.

Chris Caulfield vs. Bruce the Giant - USPW #1 Contender Match

In one of the hottest matches of the night, Chris Caulfield took on Bruce the Giant for the right to become the #1 Contender to the USPW World Title. It was a decent back and forth affair, with Caulfield trying to take advantage of anything possible against the much bigger Bruce. When Bruce had set up Chris Caulfield for the Giant Chokeslam, James Hernandez made his way to the ring, and attacked Bruce with a lead pipe. As The Giant fell to the ground, Caulfield was unsure of what to do. As Hernandez retreated up the ramp, he pointed to Caulfield telling him to pin Bruce. A bewildered Caulfield had no choice other than to pin Bruce, becoming the #1 Contender.

A Sleeping Giant

Caulfield cautiously made his way to Bruce after the bell had rung, and some words were exchanged. Bruce looked ready to attack Caulfield, and it seemed as though he would, had Caulfield not been able to convince him that he had nothing to do with the attack (not so sure about that personally, but we'll see). Bruce and Caulfield ended up shaking hands, which the crowd went nuts for.

Jumbo Jackson vs. The Force

In a probably not so strange turn of events, Shane Sneer did not accompany Jumbo Jackson to the ring for his contest against The Force. He probably could have used the help, as he fell victim to The Full Force shortly after the 10 minute mark.

Shane Sneer is not happy

Shane Sneer and the Sneer Corporation are watching the match from the locker room. We join them as the replay of The Full Force plays. Sneer is disgusted with the recent performance of Jumbo Jackson, this being the latest example, and he tells The Towers of Power that a loser like Jackson should not be allowed to join in their celebration. As Jackson makes it to the locker room after the match, The Sneer Corporation's limo is seen leaving the parking lot.

Grudge Match: James Justice vs. T-Rex

The next big match on the card certainly delivered the goods. The crowd was really into it, with Sheik Mustafa doing a great job at ring side for T-Rex. As James Justice was getting ready to hit the Liberation Slam on T-Rex, Sheik Mustafa jumped on the apron. Justice started to go after him, which was the opening T-Rex needed to lock on the Jurassic Crush. T-Rex stood over James Justice, hands raised in victory.

Danny Jillefsky sits down with Nicky Champion

Champion expressed regret over not being able to compete on USPW's inaugural PPV event, but said he would soon be cleared to compete again. He vowed to make an impact on his return, and that he would make up for lost time. The angle would have been helped by having someone better than Jillefsky conduct the interview, but whatever.

Enygma © vs. Tyson Baine - USPW World Title

By far, match of the night. Enygma held his own against the monster that had been terrorizing him since late November. At one point it looked like he would get the win with the Enygma Variation, but Tyson Baine powered out of it. Baine would later have Enygma set up for the Hades Bomb, but Enygma managed to escape - which was fortunate, as that would have been the end of his title reign. In the end, with Baine down and out, and Enygma going for the pin, the match descended into chaos.

Darryl Devine breaks out the lumber

Devine came down the ramp, making a beeline for the ring. He jumped onto the apron as if he was going to enter, but Enygma stared him down. However, out from the crowd comes Hell's Bouncer! Hell's Bouncer hits the Damnation Drop on Enygma, allowing Devine to make his way to the time keeper's table to steal the belt! Devine escapes through the crowd, with Hell's Bouncer not far behind. American Revolution goes off the air with Jillefsky's head exploding over what we've just seen, and him yelling about the miscarriage of justice we have just witnessed.

Show Rating: 66

*USPW American Revolution achieved a .68 buyrate on UDemand. With this being the inaugural PPV for USPW, it is seen as a success. They hope to build on this in the next few weeks, going into February's PPV Event Wrestling Star Wars.

*You can expect Shane Sneer to debut the addition(s) to The Sneer Corporation this next week. With Anger having been bought out by Peter Valentine, and Jumbo Jackson on the outs, that only leaves The Towers of Power.

*For those who follow that "wrestling" federation, that was Sara Silver of BSC who joined the USPW announce team at last night's PPV. From what we've found out, she has been signed to a written deal.

*The original intent was for the attack on Kate Andrews to happen before the Fatal 4 Way match, thus allowing Cherry Bomb to insert herself in the match. However, upon further review of the card, with the amount of run ins and interference, the booking committee felt as though it would get lost in the shuffle.

*Speaking of which, there was a big fear that Bruce the Giant would refuse to lose to Chris Caulfield in the match last night, which would have changed things dramatically from what we understand. Apparently, Sam Strong had to step in to sell Bruce on not only the finish, but what the fallout would be. For everyone's sake, we hope Bruce left the room satisfied with the explanation.

• 2 weeks later...

American Wrestling Preview (Wednesday, January Week 4, 2010)

**Friends and family of Micky Starr have said that the Hall of the Immortals member will be retiring soon. It is unknown whether he will remain with USPW in his current capacity, or if he will take a backstage role.

Preview & Prediction Key

After the shocking turn of events at Sunday's USPW American Revolution, Darryl Devine will make appearance. USPW fans are eager to see what he has to say about what happened at the PPV.

Also, due to the controversial finish at the PPV, The Towers of Power will defend the newly won Tag Team Titles against The People's Team!

James Hernandez will be tagging with T-Rex as they take on James Justice, and a very angry Bruce the Giant.

Andre Jones will look to make defense #4 of his USPW Television Title, this time against The Force.

After the show of disrespect on the part of Shane Sneer & The Towers of Power, Jumbo Jackson is looking to get some answers.

In the main event of the evening, Tyson Baine will seek to release his frustrations against TCW's Sam Keith.

The Towers of Power © vs. The People's Team - USPW Tag Team Title

The Glamorous Ones (Belle Bryden & Amber Allen) vs. Raven Robinson & Kate Andrews

Andre Jones © vs. The Force - USPW Television Title

James Justice & Bruce the Giant vs. James Hernandez & T-Rex

Tyson Baine vs. Sam Keith

Prediction Standings

xopher316: 11-2, 2 wins

angeldelayette: 6-1, 1 win

Eidenhoek: 5-2

Jaded: 8-4, 1 win

-The winner of the contest for February will determine the Road to Glory #1 contender match.

OOC: Show will be posted Saturday night...

Wednesday, Week 4 January, 2010

Wednesday, Week 4 January, 2010

LIVE! From the Huntsville Fairgrounds in front of a SELL OUT! Crowd of 5,000 fans, this is USPW American Wrestling.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/CQI13/USPW%20Game/AmericanWrestlingTV.png

Two and a Half Men

Sam Strong comes out to open the show. He is cut off when the microphone begins to cut out and there is static on the big screen. When it finally comes back, none other than Wolf Hawkins and Tommy Cornell appear on the screen! They begin talking about all the gold they’ve won, and all their great accomplishments. As the camera pans the room, Darryl Devine comes into view, holding the USPW World Title! He says it’s been 4 years since he’s held gold in the company, and he is tired of waiting for his chance. Instead, he is making a statement. And what the world witnessed at American Revolution was but the first step in a new dawn for USPW. As good as the segment was, Wolf Hawkins and Tommy Cornell clearly outshined Darryl Devine who looked lost out there.

The Hillbillies Meet a Samoan Destruction

After the break, we come back to see the Hillbillies in the ring (no introduction! You know what that means…). The Hillbillies are playing to the crowd, when tribal chants emanate from the speakers. Suddenly, two massive bearded men come out, eyes forward, not looking at the crowd. They are introduced as The Wild Samoans. This was nothing more than a squash, and ended promptly when Rhino Umaga hit the spear (dubbed the “Rhino Charge” by Sara Silver) on Al for the pin.

The Captain Demands a Rematch

Captain USA comes out, and says that Peter Valentine has been dishonoring the National Title for far too long, and is requesting a rematch. He says that Peter Valentine is a coward, hiding behind his goons. As expected, neither Valentine, Anger, or Giant Redwood appear.

The Towers of Power, The People's Team, and Three Kings

Up next is the rematch for the USPW World Tag Team Titles. The match had good action and average heat, probably due to the outcome. During the match, Danny Rushmore pinned Freddie Datsun after the Atomic Boot. Before this, two Puerto Ricans attacked The People’s Team while Shane Sneer distracted the referee. As the Puerto Ricans retreat, joined by a third, more muscular member, they throw up a crown symbol with their hands. The Towers of Power make defense number 1 of their USPW World Tag Team Titles.

FEEL THE FORCE! - Available Wherever Videos are Sold

When we come back from break, we are taken to The Force’s locker room, where he is watching a DVD. It is none other than “FEEL THE FORCE”, a ‘Best of’ compiled from his time in USPW. He looks at the camera and tells Andre Jones (his opponent tonight) that not even the Sun god and Moon children will ever bless him with such career retrospective, unless it was of his volleyball days!

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/CQI13/USPW%20Game/FeelTheForceBD.png

The Glamorous Ones vs. Raven Robinson & Kate Andrews

In what seemed to be a throw-away match, The Glamorous Ones (Belle Bryden & Amber Allen) defeated the makeshift team of Raven Robinson & Kate Avatar. The match was solid, but fans used this time to buy merchandise (like the “FEEL THE FORCE” Blu-Ray. They missed Amber Allen pinning Kate Avatar after hitting her with her purse.

A Strong Promo

Next up, we are treated to a promo by the legendary Sam Strong (probably one he had planned to open the show). He says he thanks all the loyal fans for making American Revolution a success. However, there now seems to be other issues to address, namely the theft of the USPW World Heavyweight Title by Darryl Devine. Strong is demanding the belt be returned in time for the PPV, or else, Darryl Devine will be seeking employment elsewhere. Strong was really passionate during the segment, his tone lending to the seriousness of the situation.

Andre Jones © vs. The Force - USPW Television Title

Next up, Andre Jones took on The Force, with the USPW Television Title at stake. The action was good, and the fans were into the match. The Force looked to be in position to win the title from the man he lost it to a few short months ago, until Andre Jones was able to get a pinfally with a handful of tights the ref didn’t see. Andre Jones makes defense number 4 of his USPW Television title.

Andre Jones is Interrupted

As Jones makes his way up the ramp, he takes a microphone and says that it’s not possible that he was left off American Revolution…after all, he is the USPW Television Title. He says he deserves a chance to shine, and that he’s paid his dues. A voice interrupts him, and he turns to see Sam Keith! Keith tells him that he remembers when he was nothing but a lackey, and now he’s no different, except that he’s got a belt. Keith finishes by telling Andre that if he wasn’t already busy, he’d gladly teach him a lesson, be it on TV or at a Pay-Per-View. Jones looks furious, but rather than fight, he storms off mouthing something at Keith that the cameras can’t pick up.

Jumbo Jackson's Last Chance

Jumbo Jackson comes out, furious at the turn of events from American Revolution. Jackson questions Sneer’s actions, and his refusal to help at the Pay-Per-View. This prompts Sneer to come out, flanked by The Towers of Power, title belts over their shoulders. Sneer says that Jackson has been slipping lately, and quite frankly, there is no room for that in The Sneer Corporation. However, since Jackson caught him in a good mood, Sneer says that he will grant him one last chance to redeem himself. Jackson is anxious to hear who he will face, but Sneer tells him the match will take place next week, and a true Superstar is prepared for anything, so he’s not saying who the opponent will be. Jackson grows angrier, with each sentence Sneer speaks, but decides to keep it to himself.

Bruce the Giant & James Justice Seek to Exact Revenge

The semi-main event of the night is a tag match between Bruce the Giant and James Justice against James Hernandez and T-Rex. T-Rex and Justice start out in the ring, with T-Rex getting the upper hand in the early going. As Justice makes the tag to Bruce the Giant, T-Rex decides it’s time for Hernandez to get involved. Unfortunately for him, Hernandez jumped off the apron and went to back, leaving T-Rex in an impromptu handicap match. Bruce hit the Giant Chokeslam on T-Rex, then tagged in Justice who hit the Liberation Slam for the pin.

Enygma vs. Baine - American Revolution Recap

Before the main event begins, we are treated to stills from American Revolution’s World Heavyweight Title Match between Tyson Baine & Enygma. We see Enygma going for the pin, then being distracted by Darryl Devine. The last still we see is Hell’s Bouncer hitting the Damnation Drop on Enygma.

Tyson Baine vs. Sam Keith

The main event featured Tyson Baine taking on Sam Keith. It came about after all the grumblings in the locker room (and everywhere really) that Tyson Baine had lost the match to Enygma at American Revolution, and that the only thing that saved him from the pin was Hell’s Bouncer interference. Baine said that he would take on anyone, to prove to the world that not only is Enygma not the better man, but that he can still stake a claim to being a top contender for the belt. The match itself was spectacular, with Keith being able to showcase his talents against Baine. It was fairly even, until Andre Jones distracted Keith, leading to a Hades Bomb for the pin.

Show Rating: 70

*USPW American Wrestling received a 1.28 rating on Sports America. Here at RCVerse, we believe the appearance by three of TCW's biggest stars, as well as the Sam Strong promo proved to be enough to lift the show.

*The original plan was to have Eddie Peak in place of Sam Keith. However, TCW was unwilling to part with one of their champions.

*Expect to see some USPW talent in action on TCW's January PPV, Malice in Wonderland.

• 2 weeks later...

January Week 4 News & American Wrestling Preview

*James Justice took on Jumbo Jackson at TCW's Malice in Wonderland. Justice took the win in what was the most underwhelming match of the night.

*On the other hand, Enygma took the loss against Tommy Cornell in the MOTN. It was not the main event.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/CQI13/USPW%20Game/AmericanWrestlingTV.png

USPW American Wrestling

February Week 1 2010

Preview & Prediction Key

On the next episode of USPW American Wrestling, Sam Strong will have a big announcement concerning the second USPW PPV. The three men who cost The People's Team their title at last week's show will be in action, taking on Savage Fury.

Andre Jones will be in action, defending his Television Title against Apollo.

Peter Valentine will put his USPW National Title up for grabs against Average Joe.

Chris Caulfield & James Justice will take on The Titans.

Enygma will also be in the building, and will surely have something to say about how the USPW World Heavyweight Title was stolen from him by Darryl Devine & Hell's Bouncer.

Andre Jones © vs. Apollo - USPW Television Title

Peter Valentine © vs. Average Joe - USPW National Title

Chris Caulfield & James Justice vs. The Titans

The Latin Kings vs. Savage Fury

Jumbo Jackson vs. ???

• 4 weeks later...

Wednesday, Week 1 February, 2010

Wednesday, Week 1 February, 2010

Wrestling Star Wars Announcement

Sam Strong comes out to open the show. He announces that for USPW second’s PPV, Wrestling Star Wars, USPW fans will get to see some of the biggest stars not contracted by USPW. He mentions that some of those workers already let the cat out of the bag (a reference to the TCW workers who showed up last week).

Andre Jones © vs. Apollo "The Island Boy" - USPW Television Title

The opening match of the night is the Television Title match, between Andre Jones, and newcomer Apollo The Island Boy. The energetic brawler gave it all he could, but in the end, Andre Jones caught him with the Blast From The Past for the win. Andre Jones makes defense number 5 of his USPW Television title.

Andre Jones calls out Sam Strong

Jones grabs the house mic, and calls out Sam Strong. He says that he was unfairly left off the first PPV, and since he hasn’t been informed of a PPV Title defense this must mean he has been left off yet again! He says he’s giving Strong until the PPV to get him on the card.

Peter Valentine taunts Average Joe

Oh great! Peter Valentine is out, flanked by Anger & Giant Redwood. He says he is confident in his ability to beat some average Joe who thinks he deserves a title shot against him.

Peter Valentine © vs. Average Joe - USPW National Title

As Peter Valentine is waiting in the ring, Captain USA’s music begins to play. Valentine goes berserk! We finally see a skittish guy get pushed through the curtain, Captain USA in tow, trying to get the crowd behind the youngster. The ring announcer introduces him as Average Joe. The match itself was extremely poor, but we’re hoping it was because Peter Valentine was involved. Peter Valentine hit the Heart Breaker for the win. Peter Valentine makes defense number 2 of his USPW National title.

Belle Bryden wants a title shot

Belle Bryden is backstage with Amber Allen. Both are putting make up on (why? They’re not on the card! Anyway…), and Belle casually mentions that she should get a title shot against Raven Robinson. Certainly before any of the girls in the American Revolution match get a rematch.

Savage Fury vs. The Latin Kings

Our next contest is between Savage Fury, and two members of the Latin Kings. The action was solid, but no one seemed to care. Des Davids interfered as payback for last week. That opened the door for Greetings from the Islands, which Java hit on Rudy Velasquez for the pin.

James Hernandez on Candid Camera

James Hernandez is on his cell phone backstage. He says that the look on “that dinosaur’s face” was priceless last week when he went for the tag and no one was there. And if people were shocked then, they will LOVE what happens next week. As he’s finishing up this comment, he closes the door so the camera crew can’t hear the rest of the conversation.

Jumbo Jackson fights to remain part of the Sneer Corporation

Jumbo Jackson comes to the ring, flanked by The Towers of Power and Shane Sneer. The Towers of Power are giving Jackson a “pep talk” by telling him that even though he hasn’t won a match in what seems like forever, and they are the World Tag Team Champions, that he’s going to be ready for this next challenge. With all four in the ring, Sneer calls for the microphone, and introduces James Jackson’s final test in order to stay in the Corporation: Mick Muscles & Danny Rushmore! The Towers of Power, in street clothes, begin an assault on Jackson. He fights valiantly, even gaining the advantage briefly in this short match. In the end, Mick Muscles hits the Bulldozer Powerbomb on Jackson after Shane Sneer interferes.

Out with the old, in with the new

As Sneer and the Towers of Power make their way up the ramp, Sneer taunts Jackson, who is livid in the ring. Suddenly, a hooded figure makes his way into the ring behind him, and stops him from chasing after the Corporation. The hooded behemoth picks Jackson up with ease and tosses him around like a ragdoll. Sneer points at the man with a huge smile on his face, and the four men make their way off the stage.

James Justice challenges T-Rex

James Justice is backstage and says that last week was only a smell measure of payback for what happened at American Revolution. He also says he’s not through with T-Rex, and that at Wrestling Star Wars he wants him inside a steel cage, to prevent Sheik Mustafa from interfering!

Chris Caulfield & James Justice vs. The Titans

The current #1 contender for the World Title (as murky as the situation is) teamed up with James Justice taking on The Titans. The match had great heat and good action. At roughly the 6 minute mark, Caulfield hit the Danger Drop on Tyson Baine for the pin.

The Titans stand tall

As the two of them celebrate, The Titans attack from behind, getting some measure of revenge for the previous match.

Darryl Devine is in an "undisclosed" location

We are treated to a video from an “undisclosed location,” where Devine is boasting about what he did to Enygma at American Revolution. He said that was simply the first shot in the real revolution that is taking place in USPW. He is flanked by Hell’s Bouncer and Seduction. He is cut off mid-sentence when the lights go out. When they turn back on, Seduction and Hell’s Bouncer are still in the room, but Devine is nowhere to be seen! The roar of the crowd directs the camera crews to the ring. When the cameras reach ringside, we see Enygma brawling with Darryl Devine down the ramp…

Darryl Devine vs. Enygma

The impromptu main event of the evening pits Enygma against Darryl Devine. The match had good action, and average heat, and at the end of 8 minutes, Enygma was able to lock in the Enygma Variation. Devine had no other option but to tap. Fortunately for him, Hell’s Bouncer was able to help Devine maintain possession of the World Title.

Show Rating: 70

*USPW American Wrestling received a 1.27 rating on Sports America.

*Darryl Devine performed well in a second high profile match in a month, this time against Enygma. Things are looking up for the youngster.

*Rumor has it we will see some more of the TCW participants in the next few weeks, with Wrestling Star Wars being the last of the commitments they've signed up for.

February Week 1 News & American Wrestling Preview

*With USPW Star Wars fast approaching, expect to see some of the matches more set in stone. At the moment we all we know is that James Justice will be facing T-Rex in a cage match, and both the National Title and the Tag Team Title on the line.

*Expect a development in the USPW World Title situation. With two weeks remaining before the PPV, Darryl Devine still has possession of the belt, though Enygma never officially lost it.

*Management is extremly high on American Patriot (MAW's Bulldozer Brandon Smith). Despite only two matches in dark time under his belt, he is likely to start getting involved in some higher profile matches.

*The winner of this month's prediction contest (3 shows left, including the PPV) will receive the chance to shape the "Road To Glory" tournament - the winner of the tournament will receive a title shot to any USPW title over the span of 1 year. As of now, both the men & the women are expected to have a tournament. -- Currently, no predictions have been turned in for the month of February.

**American Wrestling (Wednesday, February Week 2, 2010)**

-James Justice takes on Tyson Baine

-Andre Jones takes on "The American Everyman" Freddie Datsun

-Peter Valentine takes on Fox Mask

-The Towers of Power take on Savage Fury

-Shane Sneer will unmask the newest member of The Sneer Corporation

-...and much more!

Wednesday, Week 2 February, 2010

LIVE! from The McGaw Arena (Tri-State), in front of a SELL OUT crowd of 5,000 fans, this is USPW American Wrestling.

Peter Valentine © vs. Fox Mask - USPW National Title

Much like the week before, Peter Valentine is in the ring awaiting his next challenger. Out comes Captain USA, with an equally energetic superstar who is wearing a fox mask in red, white, and blue. The worker, aptly named Fox Mask gave Valentine more of a challenge than Average Joe did the previous week. The match had average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, with Fox Mask displaying his speed against the older Peter Valentine. Just as he looked to gain the upper hand, Giant Redwood interfered, allowing Valentine to hit the Heart Breaker for the win. Peter Valentine makes defense number 3 of his USPW National title.

The Glamorous Ones Looking for Gold

Belle Bryden is backstage, with Amber Allen standing beside her. Bryden says that for the USPW women’s division to truly take off, it needs a superstar that’s not only the most talented, but also the hottest. Allen quickly interjects that will happen when Belle wins the belt, if the champ ever stops avoiding her.

Andre Jones © vs. "The American Everyman" Freddie Datsun

In the night’s second title match, Andre Jones took on Freddie Datsun for the Television title. The action was good, and the crowd was sufficiently into it, which is a good sign. After nearly 7 minutes, one of the Latin Kings, Rudy Velasquez, decided to join the fray distracting Datsun. This allowed Andre Jones to hit the Blast from the Past for the pin. Andre Jones makes defense number 6 of his USPW Television title.

The Messiah Will Deliver...

Shane Sneer is backstage, and addresses the camera. He says that shrimp for brain, Jumbo Jackson, was nothing but dead weight, and like any good company, the Sneer Corporation found someone to replace him who can actually get the job done. As the camera pans to the side, a behemoth is revealed. The man (or monster) has the physique of a former bodybuilder, but the hair is long and disheveled, wearing white face paint, with a painted on red grin. Sneer says that this monster he has unleashed will dispose of Jumbo Jackson once and for all. Sneer introduces the man as The Messiah.

The Towers of Power © vs. Savage Fury - USPW World Tag Team Title

In a third title match of the night, The Towers of Power face off against Savage Fury. The action was solid, and the crowd seemed to care (a nice change from most of Mick Muscle’s matches). Just before the 6 minute mark, Jumbo Jackson decided to get some measure of revenge on the Towers of Power, attacking Danny Rushmore. Unfortunately, this caused Java to be disqualified, and gave The Towers of Power defense number 2 of their USPW World Tag Team titles.

TCW, USPW, and The Force Field

The Force has an interview (where oddly enough he was not shilling merchandise!) in which he goes off on a rant about how much he hates people who are outsiders. He makes a reference to the TCW workers from a few weeks ago, getting involved in the World title picture. He says that if he has anything to do with it, these TCW “stars” will not be able to penetrate the Force Field around USPW!

Belle Bryden vs. Sara Marie York

The match between Belle Bryden and Sara Marie York is a microcosm of the state of women’s wrestling in USPW. The action was at times good, and at least this time, a good portion of the crowd didn’t go to the concession stand or the restroom. Good thing they didn’t, as they would have missed Belle Bryden hitting the Dish of the Day on SMY for the win.

James Justice vs. T-Rex Feud Video

We are treated to a video of the James Justice vs. T-Rex feud. It recaps everything that happened from that original pin last year to the tag match after American Revolution.

"The Hardcore American" Chris Caulfield vs. T-Rex

The semi-main event of the evening pits Chris Caulfield, current #1 contender for the USPW World title, against T-Rex. The crowd was electric, and the action was good. T-Rex was able to lock in the Jurassic Crush, after constant interference in the match by Sheik Mustafa throughout the match. Even at just under 7 minutes, T-Rex looked visibly tired. Makes me wonder what they’ll do in that cage match at the PPV.

James Justice vs. Tyson Baine

The main event of the night was a great match (both in action and crowd heat) between James Justice and Tyson Baine. After much back and forth, Justice was able to hit the Liberation Slam for the win.

The Hardcore American makes the save

After the match, Sheik Mustafa motions to T-Rex who was at ringside with him to get in the ring. He and Baine attack James Justice, until ‘The Hardcore American’ Chris Caulfield comes from the back with a kendo stick. He is able to fight them off long enough for Justice to regain his senses and join him, keeping The Titans at bay.

Darryl Devine & Co. Send Strong a Message

Andre Jones comes to the ring, and calls out Sam Strong again this week. Strong comes out, a smirk on his face at the thought of Andre Jones continuously calling him out. Andre promises he will wipe that smirk off his face. Jones is irate at seemingly not being on the PPV for the second month in a row, especially while holding a title. (Um, Andre, I think it’s called the TELEVISION Title for a reason!).

At one point, Strong suggests that he may just strip Jones of the Television Title, thus giving him a shot at being in the PPV. Jones did not take kindly to that comment, even as a joke, as he visibly clutches the belt tighter. Having made no headway with Strong, Jones looks exasperated and shoves him. As Strong takes his suit off, as if looking for a fight, things really get interesting…

Out of the back come Darryl Devine, with James Hernandez, Hell’s Bouncer and Seduction. Devine, with a microphone in hand, tells Strong that he’s about to make a huge mistake, if he lays a hand on Andre Jones. Who knows, maybe he’ll lose two title belts and he can watch them get defended on Tuesdays. And besides, the odds don’t look good, even for the ‘mighty’ Sam Strong. (At 4-on-1, I’d have to agree). Strong decides to show some restraint, though it’s clear he’s looking to put these punks in their place. Strong is now surrounded, with the four superstars circling him inside the ring. The first three take turns lunging at him, eventually drawing him into the hands of Hell’s Bouncer.

Hell’s Bouncer lifts Sam Strong with ease, into the Damnation Drop, but before he’s able to complete the move, the crowd goes nuts as Nicky Champion makes his television return! He runs down the ramp to the ring with a chair. Hell’s Bouncer releases Strong, as he and the rest of the group get out of the ring. Strong and Champion are back to back, looking to fight off an impending attack. Suddenly, Champion turns around, and puts his hand on Strong’s shoulder. When Strong turns to face him, he is met with a chair shot!

Champion signals for the other four workers to re-enter the ring, and they take turns putting the boots to Strong. Champion then has Hell’s Bouncer deliver the Damnation Drop onto the chair on Strong. The five men stand in the ring celebrating over Strong’s body, arms raised. It is then that Seduction puts the World Title around Nicky Champion’s waist!

Man in the Shadows

As this is going on, the lights begin to flicker, causing the group to temporarily panic. When the light comes back, a spotlight is on Enygma, high above the ring in the rafters, pointing a baseball bat at the group, but likely Nicky Champion in particular.

Show Rating: 67

*USPW American Wrestling received a 1.28 rating on Sports America.

*Even Sam Strong was unable to lift the rating of the last segment. The Road Agents agreed that Darryl Devine's performance was less than stellar. Overall though, everyone in the company was pleased with how the reveal of the new stable took place. Here at RCV we just hope they are able to write a good next chapter in this storyline.

*We have learned this week the contract of Peter Valentine is up for renewal. Though he was getting a substantial raise, Valentine apparently walked out of the negotiations when all his demands were not being met. And from what we hear, there were many, and they were exorbitant...We'll just have to wait and see whether Sam Strong steps in to bring him back. If not, the writing team will have to re-work some storylines they had in mind.

• 2 months later...

February Week 2 News & American Wrestling Preview

*With this being the last show before the Wrestling Star Wars PPV, expect a few more of the matches to be announced. This would of course include the World Title situation, now that Nicky Champion is in possession of it.

*These TCW invaders are coming to the end of their run with USPW. We expect more than one to be brought back in the future for another program or two.

*Someone close to the situation has leaked that Peter Valentine, the same one they un-retired a title for, is looking to get a run with the big belt. USPW management clearly thought it was a joke, and that's when the contract negotiations broke off. If Sam Strong steps in, it could set a horrible precedent. The same source told us that "He [Valentine] should be grateful that he's even being featured as much as he is in his current role."

Wednesday, Week 3 February, 2010

LIVE! from The Centerpiece Bridge (Mid-Atlantic), in front of 4,977 fans, this is USPW American Wrestling.

The World Title Situation

The show begins in the ring, as Sam Strong decides to make a big announcement regarding USPW Star Wars (this Sunday on PPV). He says that Enygma never lost the belt at USPW American Revolution. By the same token, Tyson Baine had not lost match, not until the referee completed the three count. Chris Caulfield, for his part, had become the #1 Contender for the belt (dubious as the circumstances were, if you were to ask the ARR Crew...). And finally, that "punk" Nicky Champion and his cohorts decided to not play by the rules.

So, this Sunday at the PPV, Nicky Champion would have to face all 3 men in an Elimination Match! Strong pointed out that if Nicky wanted a chance that bad to be the top dog in the company, this is certainly it. Get through 3 men and he will have earned that title he currently holds.

Jumbo Jackson vs. James Justice

Can an awkward match have good action and good heat? It appears it can, which is what these two men had in the opening contest. There were several blown spots, but in the end, James Justice hit the Liberation Slam for the win.

The Messiah Arrives

Adding insult to the previous loss, The Messiah comes to the ring and puts the boots to Jumbo Jackson. Even with Jackson mounting a brief comeback, The Messiah puts an exclamation point on the attack by putting him through a table.

The Latin Kings continue to terrorize The People's Team

Jesus Chavez of The Latin Kings took on Des Davids of the People's Team, and ultimately came away with yet another victory over the USPW tag team (this one in single's competition). The action was good, but the crowd didn't really get into it. It ended when he hit the 187 Neckbreaker on Davids. We hear Davids was not too keen on putting Chavez over in the match, and he was certainly off his game (whether or not that was intentional isn't yet known). Even with that, the in-ring quality of the match didn't suffer a great deal.

Nicky Champion Responds to Strong

Nicky Champion is in the ring, flanked by Andre Jones, Darryl Devine, James Hernandez, Hell's Bouncer, and Seduction. Champion says that what we saw last week, was but the next step in their bid to control USPW. This new generation was tired of being held down by the "old guard" of USPW, as clearly evidenced by the 3 men he would face at USPW Star Wars. He also said that they represent The Future of this business, and that would be evident come the PPV, and for months to come. All members of the group were sporting this t-shirt:

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/CQI13/USPW%20Game/USPWFuturecopy_zpscb286afd.png

Peter Valentine Makes a Guarantee

Peter Valentine, fighting champion that he is, says that he's tired of giving a match to anyone who wants one. Instead, he says that his next opponent will have to get past Giant Redwood. And if he's able to do so, he will successfully defend against them at USPW Star Wars this Sunday.

Giant Redwood vs. American Patriot

Once again, Captain USA comes out with a new worker he has hopes for taking Peter Valentine's USPW National Title. This time, it's American Patriot (of MAW fame). In his USPW TV debut, American Patriot defeats Giant Redwood with the Inverted Piledriver. Anger ran in during the match, and accidentally hit Redwood, leading to the finish. The crowd didn't care, but the match was surprisingly solid, considering Giant Redwood was involved.

Sam Keith Interview

Sam Keith has a backstage interview in which he says that Sam Strong has granted him a match against Andre Jones at this PPV. He says thankfully for Jones, the Television Title will not be on the line.

USPW Television Title Match: Andre Jones © vs. Ant-Man

Andre Jones had a solid match against Ant-Man, if anyone bothered to notice (they didn't). He made defense number 7 of the USPW Television Title when he hit the Blast from the Past on Ant-Man. At the end of the match, when he stood over Ant-Man, Jones said that was a preview of what was in store for Sam Keith this Sunday.

Raven Robinson Promo

In a rare promo by the USPW Women's Champion, Raven Robinson mentioned she had just found out that her opponent at USPW Star Wars would be none other than...Belle Bryden. She also said that once she defeats Bryden, she would take on all comers.

Cherry Bomb vs. Joanne Rodriguez

Irate at the previous announcement, once again being held out from the Women's Title match at the PPV, Cherry Bomb took out her frustrations on Joanne Rodriguez. As is typical of USPW Women's matches, the action far surpassed the crowd reaction. Cherry Bomb hit her eponymous finisher for the pin.

The Open Challenge

Following the match, we are treated to a video message from Tommy Cornell. He says that he has important matters to attend to, and that's why he's not able to join the thousands in attendance. He says he's the greatest wrestler in the world, and that as proof, he would take on ANYONE that thought they could beat him. He said he felt so confident in his abilities that he would wait to find out who his opponent was when he was face to face with him at the PPV.

Wolf Hawkins & James Hernandez vs. Enygma & Sam Keith

In a rare match up, where TCW & USPW wrestlers worked as teams, Wolf Hawkins and James Hernandez (member of The Future) took on Enygma & Sam Keith. The crowd was really into the match, partly due to the novelty of TCW main eventers and partly due to fantastic in-ring work. After an even match, Wolf Hawkins hit the Full Moon Rising on Enygma for the pin.

Show Rating: 67

*USPW American Wrestling received a 1.19 rating on Sports America.

*Here at RCV we are scratching our heads at some of the decisions by the writing team over at USPW. The Force set out the challenge to the TCW invaders a few weeks back, and is somehow left off the PPV. Also, seemingly out of the blue, Belle Bryden is named #1 Contender for the USPW Women's Title. We can only assume this will somehow get advanced at the PPV.

*Speaking of the PPV, here is the card:

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/CQI13/USPW%20Game/WrestlingStarWars-editcopy-1.jpg

USPW National Title

Peter Valentine © vs American Patriot

USPW vs TCW

Andre Jones vs Sam Keith

USPW World Tag Team Title

The Towers of Power w/ Shane Sneer © vs Savage Fury

USPW Women's Title

Raven Robinson © vs Belle Bryden

Special Attraction Match

Tommy Cornell vs ???

Cage Match

James Justice vs T-Rex

USPW World Title (4 Way Elimination Match)

Enygma vs Tyson Baine vs Chris Caulfield vs Nicky Champion

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/CQI13/USPW%20Game/WrestlingStarWarsPostercopy2_zpscc54c851.jpg

Nice to see this back. I like the way the focus is on storylines. It seems like everything on the show is there for a reason and most of the names on the roster have got something to do.

Peter Valentine © vs American Patriot

USPW vs TCW

Andre Jones vs Sam Keith

USPW World Tag Team Title

The Towers of Power w/ Shane Sneer © vs Savage Fury

USPW Women's Title

Raven Robinson © vs Belle Bryden

Special Attraction Match

Tommy Cornell vs ???

Cage Match

James Justice vs T-Rex

USPW World Title (4 Way Elimination Match)

Enygma vs Tyson Baine vs Chris Caulfield vs Nicky Champion

Sunday Week 3, February 2010 - USPW Star Wars

Sunday, Week 3, February 2010

LIVE from The Dust Bowl, in front of a SELL OUT crowd of 15,000 fans, USPW Presents: WRESTLING STAR WARS

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/CQI13/USPW%20Game/WrestlingStarWars-editcopy-1.jpg

Peter Valentine Promo

We begin the PPV with Peter Valentine in the ring, flanked by Giant Redwood & Anger. He says that he will be glad to embarrass The American Patriot in front of Captain USA to drive the point home that NO ONE will pry the USPW National Title from him.

USPW National Title: Peter Valentine © vs The American Patriot

When American Patriot comes out, he is not alone. He comes out with Captain USA, Average Joe, & Patriotic Fox. The match featured Valentine getting the upper hand early on by underhanded means, but rather than putting The American Patriot away, he kept stalling. Once The American Patriot started his comeback, Anger and Redwood tried to interfere, but were stopped by Team USA. This led to The American Patriot getting the pin via the Inverted Piledriver. The match was solid, even if fans were still trickling into the venue. The American Patriot wins the USPW National Title.

Sam Keith Taunts Andre Jones

Sam Keith is backstage getting ready for his match. He cuts a promo saying that when Andre was still playing volleyball at the beach with his pals, he (Keith) was winning World Titles. He said he would teach that young punk a lesson.

Non-Title Match: Andre Jones © (USPW Television) vs TCW's Sam Keith

Andre Jones comes out to meet Sam Keith in the ring. Jones used all manners of underhanded tactics, but Keith was able to overcome most of them. Keith did reverse an attempted Blast from the Past, his experience shining through. Jones eventually got a pin attempt, and to make sure he came out victorious, he used the ropes for leverage. The referee, more focused on seeing whether Keith’s shoulders were down, did not see Jones using the ropes! Jones wins, and quickly gets out of the ring in celebration as Keith is irate. The action was pretty good, but a couple of appearances by Keith were not enough to build sufficient interest in the match.

Shane Sneer Hypes Up The Messiah...and The Towers of Power

Shane Sneer is backstage with The Messiah and The Towers of Power. He spends most of his time cutting a promo for his newest client, briefly mentioning that The Towers of Power have an upcoming defense against Savage Fury.

USPW Tag Team Title Match: The Towers of Power © vs Savage Fury

The Towers of Power took on Savage Fury in a match for the USPW World Tag Team Titles. Distractions by both Sneer and The Messiah allowed Mick Muscles to hit Java with one of the title belts to get the pin. The action was pretty good, and the heat for the match was average, proving that some of these older names still have some staying power in USPW. The Towers Of Power make defence number 3 of their USPW World Tag Team titles.

Belle Bryden & Amber Allen Backstage

Belle Bryden is backstage getting ready for her USPW Women’s Title match. With her is Amber Allen, who provides encouragement, saying that when Bryden wins the title, it will bring the title the respect it deserves.

USPW Women's Title Match: Raven Robinson © vs Belle Bryden

It was a shame that the match seemed to be thrown together in a hurry (clearly affecting the match heat), because the action was quite good. After some great back and forth between the two competitors, Belle Bryden hit The Dish of the Day on Robinson for the win. That moved capped a near perfect match between these two. Belle Bryden wins the USPW Women’s Title.

The People's Team Vow Revenge on The Latin Kings

Roaming cameras backstage capture Freddie Datsun and Des Davids lamenting the arrival of The Latin Kings in USPW. Datsun and Davids then vow to get their revenge on those “thugs,” for costing them the titles and all the havoc they’ve been wreaking in general.

Tommy Cornell Hype Video

The audience is treated to a video package of Tommy Cornell. The package includes some in-ring action from Cornell to back up the claim he made on Wednesday about being the best wrestler in the world. The video ends with the open challenge from the same promo. A smug Cornell is in the ring watching this, enjoying the tribute and unconcerned about who may come out.

Special Attraction Match: TCW's Tommy Cornell vs ???

Suddenly, pyros go off, and from the back comes someone the USPW crowd has never seen in the ring. The women in the crowd go wild for Antonio Ramoray from the soap “The Young and The Fearless,” though he is introduced as Antonio Marquez. His entrance video gives the fans a glimpse of his in-ring prowess. The men in the crowd are blown away by the action in ring once the match begins, as it turns out to be the Match of the Night. Marquez’s mainstream star status is on full display, a clear complement to Cornell’s wrestling star status, as the match garners average heat despite no build up for the debut. The ‘rock star’ entrance by Marquez did nothing if not accentuate the fact that even if his wrestling is not known much in USPW, he is a big deal. In the end, Cornell cinched in the Guilt Trip for the submission win.

James Justice Interview

James Justice is backstage cutting a promo for his upcoming match against T-Rex. He says that inside the cage, The Sheik won’t be able to interfere, so he and the Jurassic dude will finally be able to settle their score once and for all.

Cage Match: James Justice vs T-Rex

Up next is the cage match between James Justice & T-Rex. Both competitors walk into the cage, and the ring announcer explains that the win will be awarded after a pin or submission. It is clear Justice has done a great job in hyping up the match since his loss at American Revolution, and T-Rex has been great at just being menacing, with the crowd going nuts throughout the match. And despite T-Rex visibly tiring towards the end, the match achieved a high standard. James Justice hit the Liberation Slam for the pin, putting an end to the feud with T-Rex.

World Title Match Video History

The fans are treated to a video package detailing the lead up to the main event of the evening. From Nicky Champion’s injury and comeback, to Chris Caulfield becoming #1 Contender, to the controversial finish to Enygma vs. Baine from American Revolution.

USPW World Title: Enygma vs Tyson Baine vs Chris Caulfield vs Nicky Champion (4 Way Elimination Match)

The crowd was into the match, and with good reason. All four competitors put on quite a show. The 4 wrestlers paired off, with Caulfield taking on Champion and Enygma continuing his encounter with Baine. The first elimination occurred when Baine hit the Hades Bomb on Enygma outside the ring, and Enygma was unable to continue. The match continued, with Baine going on a rampage attacking Caulfield, giving Nicky Champion time to recover. Caulfield eventually got the upperhand, and when he hit the Danger Drop, Champion did not break up the pin. In the end, Champion was able to outsmart the wily veteran, hitting the Hawkeye Hammer for the pin. Nicky Champion wins the USPW World title.

Show Rating: 65

*USPW Management is said to be ecstatic with the .72 buy rate achieved by the USPW Star Wars PPV. A quick poll of those who watched revealed something interesting: the fans were more entertained by the in-ring action (in general) than by the angles. That has to be a first.

*USPW Management was well aware that Cornell vs Marquez had the potential to steal the show, but at no point were they willing to give it top billing. Not with The Future’s Nicky Champion set to capture the USPW World Title at the event. They also understood that Justice vs T-Rex would have a hard act to follow, but they rose to the occasion, if judging by crowd reaction.

*In other news, Captain USA is following Micky Starr's lead, and retiring. He will likely still be involved with the Team America stable.

*Finally, the USPW Women’s Title match seemed to be overlooked, buried in the middle of the show. Some expect that to change, maybe giving it top billing in an American Wrestling episode, and probably a position higher up on the card at Road to Glory.

February Week 4 News & American Wrestling Preview

*Micky Starr officially retired from the wrestling business this past week. The loss of Starr means USPW has begun a search for another Road Agent.

*The upcoming retirement of Captain USA has forced the USPW writing team to find suitable replacements for him in the Team America stable, and their ongoing battle with Peter Valentine.

*Speaking of Peter Valentine, he has not backed down from his previous demands. It is unlikely he will be brought back.

*The USPW "Road to Glory" Tournament begins this week. We have heard conflicting reports of a 12 man or 10 man tournament. The Women's Division will hold a tournament to determine their #1 contender.

*USPW.com has released the preview for this week's American Wrestling:

Nicky Champion came out victorious against 3 other USPW Superstars at Wrestling Star Wars. Who will step up as his next challenger? The Road to Glory tournament begins this week, with the finals taking place at the March PPV. Below are the announced matches for American Wrestling (Week 4 February, 2010):

Darryl Devine vs. Patriotic Fox

Andre Jones vs. Average Joe - USPW Television Title Match

Joanne Rodriguez & Sara Marie York vs. Bell Bryden & Amber Allen

The Messiah vs. Jumbo Jackon - RTG Qualifier

Plus, Wolf Hawkins will be in action!

Archived