June 2012 DOTM Nominations

RULES

1. Credit goes to The Curator/mistaken for the layout here.

2. You have 4 votes to nominate, 1 for each category.

3. All non-Cornellverse diaries (both real world and fantasy) have been combined into a 'Mod' category.

4. You may substitute your C-Verse nomination for a 2nd Mod nomination, or vice versa.

5. In the Monthly Spotlight category, you will single out a specific aspect of a diary that particularly impressed you over the course of the month, be it a match, show, angle, storyline, development of a character, etc.

6. You may not nominate yourself.

7. All nominations must include a reason.

8. Mod & Cornellverse: must have at least
    shows, with at least 2 of those shows this month.

9. Rookie DOTM: any diary started since the first of the prior month, the only post requirement for rookie is one show in the current month, and not started by a Hall of Famer. (non-diary threads are no longer eligible)

10. Monthly Spotlight: Minimum requirement of one show during the current month.

11. Hall of Famers include: Monkeypox, Scapino1974, Tristram, Adam Ryland, Nevermore, Tigerkinney, KeefMoon, J Silver, James Casey, BigPapa42, Marcel Fromage, Reaper, Dragonmack, Eisen-verse, Self, Phantom Stranger, jhd1, The Final Countdown, angeldelayette and NoNeck.

12. You CAN nominate the winner from last month's Rookie Category to the full awards regardless of start date (BUSHIDO PRO: Ghetto Samurai [C-Verse] by The Celt)

13. You can NOT nominate TCW: A Quiet Retirement by Phantom Stranger to Cornellverse DOTM.

14. You can NOT nominate Paragons Of Wrestling: 21st Century Comedy Lucha Fun! (jhdVerse) by Tiberious4 to Mod DOTM.

15. You can NOT nominate BUSHIDO PRO: Ghetto Samurai [C-Verse] by The Celt to the Monthly Spotlight.

16. A vote for yourself is an automatic disqualification.

17. The hope is to update this at least once a day.

Mod DOTM Nominees:

Cornellverse DOTM Nominees:

Rookie DOTM Nominees:

Monthly Spotlight Nominees:

Nominations will be open until July 1st 2012 (12 pm Pacific Time)

Monthly Spotlight:

Supreme Challenge from SWF: Supreme by James Casey. The best show I've ever read in a dynasty here, with tons of storylines reaching their conclusion in epic matches, and an intriguing set-up for the future with the Generation Supreme tease.

C-Verse: NYCW: Old School Lives On by 1PWFan - I love the character development (especially Sam Ford!), great match-writing, and the style of presentation suits NYCW perfectly.

C-Verse: The Sammy Heizenger Story: TCW Calls by Codey - Every character feels really well-developed, and the storylines are building really well.

Rookie: Road to Glory: The Journey of Eric Freer by mvargus - Regular shows and short write-ups make this one really easy to get into. My favourite of the many excellent RTG dynasties currently going here.

Shouldn't the NYCW: Old School Lives be in the C-Verse category? I'm a fan of it, so I'd certainly second that nomination.

Monthly Spotlight: I want to nominate 21st Century Wrestling by Boltinho for the Merchandise he's been offering the winners of each weeks prediction contest. I know it's something that's been going on for a lot longer than this month, but I think it's a very nice touch and deserves some praise.

Mod: I'll nominate Tigerkinney's DIASPORA- Takayuki of the Revolution the diary is consistently good and he does a great job of storytelling and backstage interactions even though he's playing a company that's focuses on in ring action rather than entertainment or traditional promos.

I'll hold off on my other nominations for now.

We're up to date.

Bump - and a note to say my 2nd C-verse nom is The Sammy Heizenger Story: TCW Calls by Codey - have edited my post to put it in, hope that's okay.

It wasn't a problem in this case, as I had not added your nominations in yet. But in general, it's a better idea to just make a new post if you decide on additional nominations later. It makes it easier for me to keep track of.

The post has been updated to include my own nomination of Rhudipoo's WWE Bizarro in the Mod category.

I'll spotlight the end of TCW: A Quiet Retirement by Phantom Stranger and my Rookie goes to NYCW - Return to Relevancy! by cjizzle38. I'll second codey and nobby's nominations. as well

Seconds are no longer needed; a single nomination is all that's required.

Thank you to The Final Countdown for all the hard work you've been doing for the DotM. I would like to toss in my nominations.

Cornellverse: First, goes to Eisenverse's epic WAR on the Vegas Strip... diary. What can be said about the diary that hasn't already been said?

Monthly Spotlight: Which leads me to my Monthly Spotlight nomination of the Firestorm pay-per-view card in Eisen-verse's WAR on the Vegas Strip... There were surprises, i.e. the Inferno match being changed due to the pay-per-view carrier stepping in and Slick Rick being the triple threat participant. There were times to cheer like when Chris Caulfield saves the referee with 'Rusty.' There were times to boo, like when Ares loses the Blitzkrieg division title. Or maybe that's just me. lol. All in all, an amazing card with a main event that delivers. Great job, E-V!

Thank you to The Final Countdown for all the hard work you've been doing for the DotM. I would like to toss in my nominations.

Cornellverse: First, goes to Eisenverse's epic WAR on the Vegas Strip... diary. What can be said about the diary that hasn't already been said?

Monthly Spotlight: Which leads me to my Monthly Spotlight nomination of the Firestorm pay-per-view card in Eisen-verse's WAR on the Vegas Strip... There were surprises, i.e. the Inferno match being changed due to the pay-per-view carrier stepping in and Slick Rick being the triple threat participant. There were times to cheer like when Chris Caulfield saves the referee with 'Rusty.' There were times to boo, like when Ares loses the Blitzkrieg division title. Or maybe that's just me. lol. All in all, an amazing card with a main event that delivers. Great job, E-V!

:D

Thank you, Angel.

Updated.

Thank you to The Final Countdown for all the hard work you've been doing for the DotM.

Don't mention it. And while we're on the subject, thank you for running things for the better part of a year.

Cornellverse: War On The Vegas Strip by Eisenverse.

Spotlight: The final PPV of Phantom Stranger's TCW epic. It's a spectacularily well-done event, even if it WASN'T the end of an era...

Eisen-verse's diary has already been nominated. Also, "The Conclusion" of Phantom Stranger's diary is already up for Monthly Spotlight. I think that encompasses the final show fairly well, but I'm more than happy to listen to any arguments to the contrary.

Monthly Spotlight:[/b] I want to nominate 21st Century Wrestling by Boltinho for the Merchandise he's been offering the winners of each weeks prediction contest. I know it's something that's been going on for a lot longer than this month, but I think it's a very nice touch and deserves some praise.

Haven't been on much but I've just seen this.

Thanks very much

I'd like to nominate Occasional Z's Union jack Wrestling for the cverse category. Its brilliant.

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1783743#post1783743

Updated.

Eisen-verse's diary has already been nominated. Also, "The Conclusion" of Phantom Stranger's diary is already up for Monthly Spotlight. I think that encompasses the final show fairly well, but I'm more than happy to listen to any arguments to the contrary.

Ah, yeah, sorry. I fail at reading. Was under the impression both needed a second still. But seems they don't, anymore. My apologies.

Is it me, or is this the lowest number of nominations in recent memory?

Does seem a little light. There do seem to have been a few diaries stopped this month and not many of the new ones have been going long enough to make the show count.

Monthly Spotlight: The 'Wrestling In Review Meeting Transcripts' from MJStark's Paige/Lothario: Legacies (jhdVerse). They are a great, and fresh, new way to deal with backstage incidents (of which Brian King seems to be the biggest!), while also allowing MJ to present his user's side of the story.

Is it me, or is this the lowest number of nominations in recent memory?

I just think it is due to the fact that the site in general is slowing down. This site was really active but it seems to be dying over the last year or so. Heck we cannot even manage to fill a twenty person game down in the mafia section, when in the past we were able to fill a forty person game with no problem.

People have been saying this site is dying for the last 2-3 years.

Personally I think the diary scene at least is in rude health. The last couple of months if I leave my own for a few days its down on page 3.

And look at all the RTG diaries.

Loads of activity.

Personally I think the diary scene at least is in rude health. The last couple of months if I leave my own for a few days its down on page 3.

And look at all the RTG diaries.

Loads of activity.

I have to disagree here. You're not exactly the most active diarist in terms of diary entries. In days past, your diariy would be on page 10, instead of page 5.

I just think it is due to the fact that the site in general is slowing down. This site was really active but it seems to be dying over the last year or so. Heck we cannot even manage to fill a twenty person game down in the mafia section, when in the past we were able to fill a forty person game with no problem.

I don't know about this site, but I can say this. For diaries, these are several reasons:

1. Lack of Interest in Pro-Wrestling in General

2. Lack of Interest in Diary Making

3. Big Name Diarists less active

There's also other factors. There are a "Cult" level of diarists that remain popular on smaller basis, but because of their update activities (infrequent updates, constant new diaries without finishing current diaries) that are good at what they do, but their tendencies frustrate readers. When someone invests time and emotion into something, they dislike poor diary habits.

On top of that, I hate to say this, but the Emerging Diarists are not nearly as good as the one before it. I chalk up it to a lack of experience, but some of them have picked up poor diary habits.

Archived