8-man Diary in TEW2013?

Todays Dev. Journal entry got me thinking about this. Could we actually make a 8-man diary project workable? It would require quite a bit of organization skill and good, continous cooperation between the writers but it would make up one of the best exciting diarys/savegames ever. Ever.

What do you guys think? We don't quite know everything yet, like how the system files would be transferred and so on and how easy the multiplayer will be but, any thoughts? Ideas? :cool:

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I might be interested in such a diary, perhaps playing as one of the major Japanese companies. I'd certainly try to read along with such an ambitious project as it would be awesome to see the levels of competition between some of the folks involved. I can't see there being much difference in the way the files will be sent around so it would probably have to be something like Dropbox to send them. I've always found that to be a helpful way of doing multiplayer in the past and I think it's more reliable than sending things via email. :)

Todays Dev. Journal entry got me thinking about this. Could we actually make a 8-man diary project workable? It would require quite a bit of organization skill and good, continous cooperation between the writers but it would make up one of the best exciting diarys/savegames ever. Ever.

What do you guys think? We don't quite know everything yet, like how the system files would be transferred and so on and how easy the multiplayer will be but, any thoughts? Ideas? :cool:

I think if 8 of the best diary writers for the C-Verse teamed up and did their signature promotions that would be exciting.

I would follow along for sure. Not sure if everyone would be up for it though.

I would really like to try something like this. I have attempted a few diaries in the past but never could find the motivation to keep one going for any length of time. And I've always wanted to do a multiplayer game but didn't want to leave somebody hanging if I lost interest, but now that players can drop out that somewhat solves that problem. With all that said i might not be somebody's first choice to be a part of this but I would definitely join in if you needed the extra player.

I'd be interested in a project like this as well.

My personal dream lineup:

Nevvy with MoSC

Remi with QAW if they're open, 5SSW otherwise

PS with TCW

Tigerkinney with BHOTWG

James Casey with SWF

JSilver with USPW

Comradebot with EWA

And if I could play NOTBPW with that cast...that would be so damned cool.

I could play four of the promtions >______>

But seriously, there's 8-man work in 2013? Hadn't paid nearly enough attention to it, then. That's going to be crazy.

Edit:

Oh god. If one person played the eight biggest companies-presumably National+ and Japanese feds for loyalty-you could have any dream match in one company. That is simply freaking ridiculous.

If this project really takes into fruitition (or how is it said) here's few ideas:

We'd have one Main thread in the Dynasty section and one person would be the main organizer (I volunteer) that would keep up with the schedules (in-game and out-game). The main diary is essentially the only thing you have to read in order to keep up with the 8-man diary as it would provide all the necessary info and links to each show and so on.

When a full circle of turns from all 8 players is done and we've moved to the next day + all the shows for that day (example Monday, Week 1, January 2013) are done and published in their sub-diarys then the main diary would be updated with every info and link and so on.

Also there would be 8 diarys of their own under the same header (name still undecided, we'd brainstorm that one) that the 8 players would do themselves. There diaries would be in sync, meaning that the diary writer could post anything non-timeline stuff like character interviews, backstory stuff, essentially anything off-game as much as he'd like but he couldn't publish a show from Week 2 if there are still shows from Week 1 undone by other users. Everyone would go the pace of the Main Diary. That way there would be no sudden spoilers to the readers (What, JSilver stole xxxx from James Casey's SWF!? Impossibru! :eek:".

Thing is while the diary would run on some delay (as often diaries do) everyone could do things beforehand to maintain a fast pace and keep things interesting for the readers.

I might be interested in such a diary, perhaps playing as one of the major Japanese companies. I'd certainly try to read along with such an ambitious project as it would be awesome to see the levels of competition between some of the folks involved. I can't see there being much difference in the way the files will be sent around so it would probably have to be something like Dropbox to send them. I've always found that to be a helpful way of doing multiplayer in the past and I think it's more reliable than sending things via email. :)

Yes, Dropbox would be essentially what we'd use.

With 8 good, competitive writers, lots of teamwork, lots of passion and commitment, this project would be the most epic thing seen on TEW diary history.

Also would it be good to have 8 promotions from all around the world or just US & Canada or Japan and so on.

USA has 8 promotions in TEW2010 that aren't child promotions or female promotions:

CZCW, FCW, MAW, NYCW, PSW, SWF, TCW and USPW. ;) To me this would be the most epic scenario: Every US promotion represented. Imagine the talent trading, stealing, TV/PPV/workers negotiations.. Working agreements, Wars, hidden backstage politics between the promotions..

Or 4 from US and 4 from Canada and so on. Or 5 (non-child non-female) from Japan and some others.. Four from US/Canada, four from Japan? Hmm. I think the only way to lock the choices is to just wait and see how Cornellverse is in TEW2013.

Also would it be good to have 8 promotions from all around the world or just US & Canada or Japan and so on.

USA has 8 promotions in TEW2010 that aren't child promotions or female promotions:

CZCW, FCW, MAW, NYCW, PSW, SWF, TCW and USPW. ;) To me this would be the most epic scenario: Every US promotion represented. Imagine the talent trading, stealing, TV/PPV/workers negotiations.. Working agreements, Wars, hidden backstage politics between the promotions..

Or 4 from US and 4 from Canada and so on. Or 5 (non-child non-female) from Japan and some others.. Four from US/Canada, four from Japan? Hmm. I think the only way to lock the choices is to just wait and see how Cornellverse is in TEW2013.

PSW will be mine :D

This will be so...EPIC! Will be the second diary I make...:p

Total Extreme Warfare: this time...WE MEAN IT!

If you want it to be a 'cutthroat' kind of game (and that's not meant in a negative way, just competitive) you'd probably want to be in one large region or two adjoining regions to encourage the competition for resources. In a more cooperative or 'live and let live' kind of game I'd want to see representation across the board, at least one player in each region and helping each other raise the level of talent so that the entire industry can enter a new 'golden age'.

I'm hoping there are at least a couple of these kind of games/diaries started; there's certainly no lack of mods/universes to draw from (though some time may be needed for conversions). If we can flesh out a general 'template' here ahead of time I think it would encourage people to try it out.

What would also make the diary a lot more interesting is if everyone would make the diary save their first game when playing TEW2013. That way each one of the writers would make some silly, realistic mistakes and thus make the games even more fun and realistic, in a way.

I'm so falling in love with this project already. :D

I wouldn't be as inclined to do it if I was playing someone trying to run me out of business:p. I would much rather play a game with people just there to have fun and tell a story. Obviously there would be some competition but I wouldn't want it turning into a monopoly game or anything like that.

I've never played a multi-player game where each player was on different computers. With that in mind, I think I remember people saying that you would have to take the files and add it into the game; ultimately starting a new game with each take. Is that true? Seems like a lot of work! ha

With the new database format it should be a little easier; in CBH there's just one database file, really. On that we'll have to wait and see how it works, but I am expecting it to be a little more straightforward than it is currently.

The 8 man USA game sounds epic! I can already see the guys in charge of the smaller promotions throwing hissy fits as their top talent is raided by the guys in charge of TCW/SWF. The more thought I give this idea, the more I'm loving it :D

Maybe a period of time where you cannot raid another promotion would work?

"Until they can sign Written contracts" would have to be the period, else the moment it ends, SWF/TCW/BHOTWG et al are going to kill everyone.

Working Agreements. You can still steal people, but only by overloading their contracts. And you can still screw with people's wages via bidding wars.

In that case, no "renegotiate immediately for lower price" type of shenanigans.

And, potentially, a clause where a worker has to be used every x months or x shows, else they get dropped. To prevent someone *cough* from hiring everyone in a given area just to prevent other companies from getting people to written contracts/house shows.

*cough*

<_< >_>

I'm not the one who would be attempting to keep a promotion afloat here, so my opinion may not be worth much, but I have to say that I'd prefer to read an 8 man dynasty where there's actual competitiveness and kayfabe drama between promotions than everyone being forced to play nice.

Obviously this doesn't apply to people who are simply being malicious and trying to bury a promotion for any other reason than to powergame, but I'd hope that none of those kinds of people would be getting involved in such an involving project in the first place.

Archived