My dog hurt her paw

Eidenhoek

That may be the greatest sequence of photos ever. It's as if Wylie caught Podrick doing something wrong and Podrick has just noticed. :p

Sorry to hear this Eidenhoek. The only time I've had pet problems is when my rabbit mysteriously died during the night. I was 5 at the time and cried for a while.

Are they all from the same litter?

The reason why I ask is because Clem seems to have a gray coat while the other two have a black coat. Or so it seems by their picture.

Eidenhoek, I hope your dog feels better and that it is nothing serious.

Honestly, I don't know. They were abandons and our neighborhood has a number of feral colonies so he may have been added to a litter at one time or joined one due to abandonment. He's part Chartreux which is VERY interesting. Wylie and Pod are different breeds as well, Wylie is an American Shorthair and Pod is an American Longhair.

...i love cats.

Hope your dog is ok. I freak out the second my dog even acts a little off.

He's my first dog and I've gotten through a lot with him(homelessness), so yeah, he's my baby.

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/251011_10150197659480938_7155926_n.jpg

I love pets, i have 4 dogs,( one of which is trying to find a way to my lap, which is already occupied by my laptop, as I write this) 1 cat, 3 birds, and a pond with some fishes. And i do hope you're dog is okay. But shouldn't we have like a general conversation topic to avoid opening topics for everything?

I hope your dog feels better soon. I once had a dog break her paw - under the paw and sheer weight of a much bigger dog.

Pets are great, but make sure they don't get too out if hand. I have a cat - and 13 dogs. Yeah.

13? Nice. Walk them all at the same time. That should be a party. My biggest dog, and only male dog i have at the momenth, has hearing issues, which bascially means he hears almost nothing, and i always have a blast when i go jogging and take him with me. He hardly listens to anything that i say, but i developed a sign language i use with him. People laughed in the begining, but know they are at awe, when they see us perfecly comunicating.

I hope your dog gets better.

This is my adopted little buddy Red. I had to leave him with my parents for the year while I'm in Korea, and my mom just told me he has cancer in his leg. Luckily it's benign, but I still freaked out.

http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae141/coco_beans08/RED.jpg

It seems to have just been a sprain or...whatever is not serious and goes away in a day or two. She never whined or anything when we touched it, no thorns or anything. She just hopped after us yesterday. Limp might still be there today (haven't seen her much), but far less noticeable.

It seems to have just been a sprain or...whatever is not serious and goes away in a day or two. She never whined or anything when we touched it, no thorns or anything. She just hopped after us yesterday. Limp might still be there today (haven't seen her much), but far less noticeable.

Dog's are different sometimes. I had a dog named Stubby when I was very young, and he was hit by a car, put his elbow? out of joint. He just didn't use that leg, when he come home, and I noticed right away. Was in tears going to school (happened in the morning on a school day). He let me do whatever I wanted to his hurt arm, and never complained... My dad took him to the vet and he was in a cast when I got home. He kept chewing the cast off though, and eventually my family gave up on it. He never let it effect him though, quit limping and everything although you could still pop it in and out of joint.

Dog's trust their owners with their life, and because of that they hardly ever complain when they think your trying to help them (looking at their injury).

Cat's on the other hand, don't like you to touch their injuries and try to hide their pain from you. They might be one day away from death, but they will still try to get up and act as if nothing is wrong to please you (Rub their head against your hand to get you to pet them, etc.).

Because of this stuff, it's really hard to tell how bad dogs or cats are really hurting. Dogs are a bit easier, because they are so much like kids, in that they expect you to be able to help them. Cats on the other hand, just want you to love on them, don't realize you might be able to help them and so just try to please you by going that extra mile no matter how bad they are hurting.

While I coloquially called it her paw that was injured, it actually is her paw. She was kinda holding it up more than usual (though she can walk/run on it), and dad's messing around with it right now. She whined when he messed with her paw specifically, but we don't know which toe or connection or whatever.

Edit: it's her second toe from the left, on her right foot. Paw.

Are you sure this paw injury wasn't the result of an assbite?

HATE YOU FOREVER.

Also, yeah, she's fine now. Been stepped on and kicked, and almost tripped me coming out of the bathroom into the corner of the wall that possibly would have knocked me out, but yeah, she's fine.

Archived