Modern Warriors 12 (Real World Mod)

forgive me for asking a newbie question but I just purchased the game and then downloaded the MW12 file but am stuck. When I go to my downloads, it lists this file as a '7Z' file under type--not really sure what this mean. How do I proceed from here? There is no folder for me to open and extract the files from. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
forgive me for asking a newbie question but I just purchased the game and then downloaded the MW12 file but am stuck. When I go to my downloads, it lists this file as a '7Z' file under type--not really sure what this mean. How do I proceed from here? There is no folder for me to open and extract the files from. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

use 7zip to unpack

thanks--I unzipped the files successfully. Now for my follow up newbie question, how do I upload all of the MW folders to the game? Thanks again for the guidance.

I'm going to attempt to help here. You should just need to move the MW12 file to the correct location. That depends on where you saved it when you downloaded it. I think the commonly used save location is,

C:\Program Files\Saved Games\WMMA 3\Databases

I could be wrong about that since I saved my game to a different location originally. It's also possible that you saved yours to a different location as well.

If you downloaded the MW pictures that should need saved to,

C:\Program Files\Saved Games\WMMA 3\Pictures

Can't wait to try this new mod out. Been waiting on my licensing number being sent to me (totes forgot to switch it over to the new hard drive when i moved outta country :mad: )

Just out of curiosity:

(1) has anyone elsed with trying to get fighter personalities to fit? Or done more extensive work on the strategies of fighters?

(2) Has anyone had any luck getting differenet fighters to agree to different contract levels, as oppossed to every single fighter agreeing to generally the same payments when they reach certain abilities, ranks, level of fame, etc...?

Definitely, both, but not with a huge number of fighters. It seems to me like it makes a noticeable difference.

That's what I figured and need to get back on working on it. I was doing so, then moved from the US to Costa Rica and didn't transfer my information :mad: . So i'd need to start from scratch, but I've been following MMA for about 15 years now,(regional level) and have pretty strong working knowledge of fightters and their fight-based personalities. So once I get my relicensing for WMMA3, I'm going to start going over it fighter-by-fighter.

I wish, instead of adding every single unknown fighter on the face of the earth, more people would spend time doing stuff like personalities and custom strategies. I think most people don't care if Joe Blow from the regional Oklahoma circuit is in the game but rather the fighters in the game actually fight like they do in real life.

I wish, instead of adding every single unknown fighter on the face of the earth, more people would spend time doing stuff like personalities and custom strategies. I think most people don't care if Joe Blow from the regional Oklahoma circuit is in the game but rather the fighters in the game actually fight like they do in real life.

I've been working on my own mod on and off for a long time. Each fighter has all the custom info and stats like you were talking about. The mod is taking forever. It makes me not want to work on it which is why it's been on and off. I agree with what you said but I also know it's a daunting task for those who have to do it.

Still awaiting my relicensing number for WMMA3, but once I get it up, I'm ready to start on attempting to exact (or at least approximate) fighter's personalities. Anyone interested in doing a little work on it?

While some say "The camel is a horse made by committee" I think it misses the point: That a camel is far superior to the horse in almost every aspect. :)

Tell Scott and Adamn to get that lic# to me so I can start, lol.

I've been working on my own mod on and off for a long time. Each fighter has all the custom info and stats like you were talking about. The mod is taking forever. It makes me not want to work on it which is why it's been on and off. I agree with what you said but I also know it's a daunting task for those who have to do it.

The reason I'm wishing other people would do it is because I simply don't have the time. I also don't know enough about every single fighter to be able to do it to the extent that I would like.

The reason I'm wishing other people would do it is because I simply don't have the time. I also don't know enough about every single fighter to be able to do it to the extent that I would like.

I didn't mean anything against what you said. I'd love to see it done. I believe the reason you haven't done it yourself is the same reasons no one else including myself have been able to do it either.

I didn't mean anything against what you said. I'd love to see it done. I believe the reason you haven't done it yourself is the same reasons no one else including myself have been able to do it either.

If I had a new update to work with I'd probably start going through the top fighters... Hint, hint, Tag.

Unfortunately, the fighter tactics don't really work. I have spent a lot of time working on it, but it's just not really workeable. the problem is that regardless of what tactics you set for a fighter, they will adjust depending on who they are fighting. Got the best takedowns ever, and you're fighting a guy with no takedown defense? There is no real way to get them from keeping the fight standing if they have even a marginal advantage on the ground.

the tactics are the biggest needed change for the next version. As far as fighter personalities, feel free to play with them. Problem is, the only thing they affect is fight requests which (a) have no real bearing on the game and (b) are annoying with a database this size.

I wouldn't waste time on that. I've signaled it earlier: the tactics don't work enough to justify spending time on. Just make the stat matrix and you should be fine.

Agreed. When I said biggest needed change, I mean the biggest needed update for WMMA4. There is no point in using them in WMMA3.

Hi dudes.

Well, I survived the holidays. New update coming soon.

Thank YOU!!! My Ps3 died over a week ago, so I've been checking twice a day to see if there's an update coming! My life has become way too productive, I need some balance before I lose what's left of my sanity. :D

What new fighters will we see in the new update? Tyrone Spong? Nick Newell?

I'd love both of them. Also some more female fighters, like Bec Hyatt and Raquel Pennington, etc. Definitely don't mean to sound pushy, the hard work is super appreciated!

Unfortunately, the fighter tactics don't really work. I have spent a lot of time working on it, but it's just not really workeable. the problem is that regardless of what tactics you set for a fighter, they will adjust depending on who they are fighting. Got the best takedowns ever, and you're fighting a guy with no takedown defense? There is no real way to get them from keeping the fight standing if they have even a marginal advantage on the ground.

the tactics are the biggest needed change for the next version. As far as fighter personalities, feel free to play with them. Problem is, the only thing they affect is fight requests which (a) have no real bearing on the game and (b) are annoying with a database this size.

Oh damn, I had no idea. Well then, keep doing what you're doing!

Archived