Japan Changes/Thoughts

Wasn't that referenced in a part of the game where if you sim to 2016 or so the Japanese economy gets hammered?

I'm not too sure how the economy really affects the game cause I haven't played in a region with a poor one(I pre-set them to be somewhat realistic), but I can imagine Ryland doing something like offing the tour schedule for Japanese companies cause in CornellVerse land its not financially viable.

I've played up to 2016 in Japan. The Tsunami hurts really, really bad. It took years in-game for things to start fully recovering.

What really hurts the Japanese scene is the lack of quality rookies. Japan became kind of a wasteland in 2010 due to poor random generated workers and only occasional worker debuts. By 2020 (when I lost my save), it was turning into a ghost town.

Hopefully that's been addressed with better random generated workers and/or more (far more) debuting workers.

I've played up to 2016 in Japan. The Tsunami hurts really, really bad. It took years in-game for things to start fully recovering.

What really hurts the Japanese scene is the lack of quality rookies. Japan became kind of a wasteland in 2010 due to poor random generated workers and only occasional worker debuts. By 2020 (when I lost my save), it was turning into a ghost town.

Hopefully that's been addressed with better random generated workers and/or more (far more) debuting workers.

I agree maybe for companies outside the big 3, it probably isn't a lot of talent to support another top company. Though the big companies, especially PGHW have some of the best rookies in the game. I love playing PGHW in 2010 because of their next generation waiting to be elevated but I do think outside of them the rest of the companies only have a select few who can become main event players in Japan.

I think the worker loyalty flexibility will help this tremendously though

I agree to a degree that Japan gets a bit scarce with talent. However their are guys I think can be develop outside the big time. Hitomaro Suzuki, Musashi, Lion Genji, Tanryu Toshusai, Sozen Ishinmori are all young talents that can develop. Of course some need a lot of work(Musashi, Genji, Ishinmori, SPEED D even) but they can been good solid hands for a company. Also don't forget, they're a lot of foreign guys that you snatch up. Davis Wayne Newton, KC Glenn, Greg Gauge, Hell Monkey, Insane Machine, Snap Dragon are good workers for big companies like BHOTWG and PGHW to have on your roster. Especially if you're BHOTWG with the super juniors. Mexico is a hot bed for young luchadors and I usually that one luchador to add to my super junior roster. El Sepriente, La Estrella, Extraordino Jr are great young lucha for the super junior. So I have found ways to make sure I have young guys on my roster by using some flexibility so I think it's not that much of a problem.

but i think its also a good idea to increase number of japanese young workers. the future of puroresu is japanese workers, and some diversity too, zainichi workers maybe? ainu people. more diversity, more.... i remember misawa when NOAH began wanted to make 100% Japanese workers, doesn't it make sense though?

do not misunderstand me though, I understand the relationship between wrestling and foreigner in Japan is so very different than in America and always has been. Foreign is always going to be special in Japan, and then for the longest time there was only FUNAKI in WWE, so I understand how different it is.

But NJP even they scout different... look at Blue Wolf (Mongolia) Prince Devitt (Ireland) and some of the wrestlers (Muscle Man comes to mind) are workers never heard of by most American fans or are not even from North America.

I think that the core audience for TEW is American/Canadian and somewhat UK, so it makes perfect sense from a business stand point to focus on these areas. I think that at the beginning that was so - I think as TEW grew, we can see more and more attention paid to the other areas, which I think it's good because, wrestling is so different, the style of wrestling, the public way of looking at wrestling, the presentation, from USA to Mexico to Japan and then even England, all four so very different, in the game, if these differences can be accentuated then it would make for unbelievable game diversity.

Archived