The Road To Glory Challenge

Or pick the cheapest guys going. You can see in the finance screen how much sponsorship money you will get a month. I only hire 3 or 4 decent workers and the rest are just the cheapest around.

I'll second this and add: Use your user character as color commentator and road agent for most matches -- give him decent psychology (say, 60+) and he's better than most of the road agents around. (If) you use excellent potential, you'll end up at least A.

Try to sign one decent "worker" to help with training (50+, Cal Sanders is a go-to in the C-verse) for around $400-$500 to RA matches you're in so you can main event.

Color Commentating gets your character over quickly as well.

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I started a new game as New Japan in the C-verse using the same character as last time:

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/Badcollin/HawkeStartROF_zps8acd41c8.png

Mamoru Nagahama is my owner and first IWGP champion, his tag team partner in Naga-Mori, Matsudaira Morioka is his challenger at the first Wrestle Kingdom in Jan 15.

Year One Roll: 6. “Master And Disciple” You can become the protégé of anyone 10 years or more older than you are (they must be on your roster) OR you can become the mentor of anyone 10 years or more younger than you (they must be on your roster). Randomly roll from anyone who is eligble.

It makes sense for me to be the protege of the boss I guess.

Year One Summary:

Size: Local (F pop in Kanto)

Money: $27, 124

Shows booked: 9

Top ten matches:

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/Badcollin/2015%20matches_zps1rifin0m.png

in terms of A UK company not getting to national.. couldn't you just have more of a performance rated company and as cult hire great workers who pop up to written deals and get your 90 rated main event from there?

As cult you may be able to squire company relationships with top promotions like TCW and BHOTWG, PRIDE etc and loan their workers to lose to your guy. getting top ratings, raising your importance and pop to national level

I was running a performance rated company and the British talent pool is good but limited. With regards to the talent trades; working agreements/alliances etc can you do that as booker? There are random rolls for that so I steered cleared of changing company relationships.

Japan is hard, I have been bumped back down to local twice because of regional battles I didn't know I was in and wasn't ready for.

Whats the rues on turning the restricted area's off?

if it has to stay full then the alliance/relationship feature could be the way to go.. im usually the owner in my normal games so I'm not sure if being booker stops you from forming them.

If you can get some trades in from Japan, some of their talent should see you right.. TCW too. a hand full of trades every few months would go a long way to bolster your roster.

End of Year Two:

I've managed to survive at small for a whole year and i'm slowly building popularity in Kanto. I still can't compete with Black Canvas Grappling who run nine shows a month but they usually go out of business fairly quickly.

Year Two roll:

21. “Ow, ow, ow, ow, ow, OWWWW!” You have devoted your holiday season to training in the ring +5 to your Submissions skill

End of Year Two:

I've managed to survive at small for a whole year and i'm slowly building popularity in Kanto. I still can't compete with Black Canvas Grappling who run nine shows a month but they usually go out of business fairly quickly.

Year Two roll:

21. “Ow, ow, ow, ow, ow, OWWWW!” You have devoted your holiday season to training in the ring +5 to your Submissions skill

As long as you manage a touring schedule (you'll have to be a bit cheaper than normal) you can usually pull it off. Quantity, not Quality, in those first few years.

Year Three Summary:

Size: Small (E pop in Kanto)

Money: $167,771

Shows booked: 47

Top ten matches:

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/Badcollin/2017%20matches_zps0ehswmgq.png

Masao Tsubouchi is obviously my hero, he never has a bad match and he is up to C+ pop in Kanto, he has a massive future but sadly he is loyal to EX2010.

O'Curle is sadly in decline, he is pretty much done as a main eventer but he has excellent tag chemistry with Nigel Svensson so they are going to be my first tag champions.

My UC is going very well, he is the third best brawler in the world already:

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/Badcollin/2017%20Hawke_zps9omqoj0o.png

Time for a roll:

Year One - 6. “Master And Disciple”

Year Two - 21. “Ow, ow, ow, ow, ow, OWWWW!”

Year Three - 49. “New Year’s Resolution” You have resolved to go on a diet, go down one level of weight class. If you become a lightweight or lower weightclass you may change your style to Cruiserweight, Spot Monkey or Japanese Junior.

I'm down to Light Heavy, shouldn't make too much difference

So I'm 7 months into a C-Verse RTG. My fed is called Wrestling Matters (WRM) and my World Heavyweight Champ is Dazzling Dave Diamond who has been my champ from the start. My International Champion is Dagger who I'm trying to build up as a monster heel so he will probably have a long reign with the belt. My tag champs are the Ring Generals who won the belts off of KC Glenn & Jacob Jett. Reason is I needed to get the belt off of KC who's now going into the main event title picture. My user avatar is just jobbing to put people over. I'm not so much worried about my character as I am my company. I want it to succeed more than myself mainly because I've never done that before. My owner is Mr. Germaine because I hate the name Pee-Wee. :D I'm still local with 6 popularity in the southeast. I have 1 prestige point and 10 momentum. My monthly events are labled as 'Outbreak'. I have Month after them and their numbered so it's Outbreak Month 1, 2, 3, 4, and so on. :)

So I'm 7 months into a C-Verse RTG. My fed is called Wrestling Matters (WRM) and my World Heavyweight Champ is Dazzling Dave Diamond who has been my champ from the start. My International Champion is Dagger who I'm trying to build up as a monster heel so he will probably have a long reign with the belt. My tag champs are the Ring Generals who won the belts off of KC Glenn & Jacob Jett. Reason is I needed to get the belt off of KC who's now going into the main event title picture. My user avatar is just jobbing to put people over. I'm not so much worried about my character as I am my company. I want it to succeed more than myself mainly because I've never done that before. My owner is Mr. Germaine because I hate the name Pee-Wee. :D I'm still local with 6 popularity in the southeast. I have 1 prestige point and 10 momentum. My monthly events are labled as 'Outbreak'. I have Month after them and their numbered so it's Outbreak Month 1, 2, 3, 4, and so on. :)

Me and Dave kinda started this at the same time. I was in a backyard fed in Central UK (Wales) where we had a number of quirky Welsh-themed show names. I ran the fed for 2 years and got them to small, making around 180k in the process, but now my basics have capped out and I'm hoping it isn't just my cap. My rolls were: 15mins of fame (+5 pop in UK, led to me pushing me) and then +5 aerial. Had a lot of fun with this so far, hired one of my favorite CV workers Nigel Svensson to ace the fed and brought in people like Red Dragon and Johnny Highspot to train. Dropped the belt to Johnny Highspot in November 2014 and left in January to travel the world, no job yet xD. After an owner change, a good spell as booker and a few weeks job hunting in North America, this is Puddy!:

http://i.imgur.com/44tNSya.png

That babyface performance started at 30... yea, it appeared to be going up at a one point per segment rate. If I can find a decent job soon I am hopeful I can turn this guy into a world beater, but it may end up being a sports entertainment fed... something my user talents are not prepared from.

Emotion: Hungry, always Hungry

So I've started a RTG game with NWAvsWWF's 1996 The War Begins mod.

I've created my UC as Josh Jones and 18 year old rookie who has one goal. To headline WrestleMania!

I edited the USWA to meet requirements for the starting company. Don't know how well that will work out, but there's no harm trying!

Me and Dave kinda started this at the same time. I was in a backyard fed in Central UK (Wales) where we had a number of quirky Welsh-themed show names. I ran the fed for 2 years and got them to small, making around 180k in the process, but now my basics have capped out and I'm hoping it isn't just my cap. My rolls were: 15mins of fame (+5 pop in UK, led to me pushing me) and then +5 aerial. Had a lot of fun with this so far, hired one of my favorite CV workers Nigel Svensson to ace the fed and brought in people like Red Dragon and Johnny Highspot to train. Dropped the belt to Johnny Highspot in November 2014 and left in January to travel the world, no job yet xD. After an owner change, a good spell as booker and a few weeks job hunting in North America, this is Puddy!:

http://i.imgur.com/44tNSya.png

That babyface performance started at 30... yea, it appeared to be going up at a one point per segment rate. If I can find a decent job soon I am hopeful I can turn this guy into a world beater, but it may end up being a sports entertainment fed... something my user talents are not prepared from.

Emotion: Hungry, always Hungry

Good luck, I always find it really hard to find a job in this game. Also, I marked out for Johnny Highspot, he is nearly always my first champion when I start in the UK.

Good luck, I always find it really hard to find a job in this game. Also, I marked out for Johnny Highspot, he is nearly always my first champion when I start in the UK.

Yea, tried for three years and ended up restarting. Hired Johnny again on my first roster refresh and he's champ again so, meh, got better rolls this time around.

For some reason I never get bored of booking Highspot and Lowlife over The Elimination Agents then build to a split and having Highspot v Lowlife as my season finale main event. Once I am into regional and Svensson or O'Curle is my main guy they still make good hands for the tag division and occasional main eventers on big shows.

January, 2016 - Canadian Independent Championship Wrestling

Product: Perf=Pop

Pop/Imp:22/21

Roster:

-Barry Kingman

-Bob Casey

-Cal Sanders

-Canadian Dragon

-Darryl Devine

-Deuce Deadline

-Elliot Thomas

-Ford Gumble

-Doctor Michael O'Haire

-Fro Sure

-Gidayu Katou

-Jack Bradburn*

-Lightning Lomas

-Logan Wolfsbaine

-Mark Griffin

-Paul Steadyfast

-Raw Snow

-Regular Joe

-Spencer Spade

-Zeus Maxmillion

*User Character

Thoughts/Occurrences after 2 years

-Despite having a useless owner, CICW has done decently well up to this point. We have 165k in the bank and make around 9k a month with the current roster. I recently fired Thomas Morgan, Ricky Turner, and Philip LaGrenier since I didn't really like what they were used for/as so that may increase our earnings.

-Zeus Maxmillion is our number one heel and has been a part of the best matches in CICW history (with Cal Sanders). He has also been the champion since June 2015 and has 5 defences. He will lose the belt shortly, after a few more months to either Darryl Devine, Mark Griffin, or Elliot Thomas depending on who will turn out to have the easiest run with the best matches. Only problem with switching champs to a face is that I only have 1 heel ME so it might make it hard. I brought in Canadian Dragon on a 4-appearance contract to pop farm to my UC so he isn't a very good option to keep around.

-I'm excited about the additions of guys like Lightning Lomas, Spencer Spade, and Logan Wolfsbaine since I think they will turn out to be future #1's for CICW but are more likely to be poached down the road unfortunately.

-Guys like Ray Snow, Bob Casey, and Barry Kingman are on the bubble atm but I don't really have replacements for them. I've run this RTG by only hiring guys that are unemployed and even in some cases firing them when they sign a PPA with someone else. So that has changed the dynamic quite a bit. Fro Sure I stole from GSW when they randomly declared war on me.

Backstage is way down to 68% now without Larry Wood on the roster, who I'd liked to have kept but at $1,500+ a show would have been way too much for a road agent when I have useless Scottsfield to use as a road agent.

We've held one show in Quebec which is probably my primary target for the second location to bring up for hitting Cult.

Y2 Roll: "Healing Hands" - kinda useless but it brings my guy back up to full physical.

24 shows held

Best Show: 58 OVR

Best Match: 62, Zeus Maxmillion defeated Cal Sanders

Booker Reputation: High

Year Four Summary:

Size: Regional (Pop: D+ in Kanto, E- in Kinki)

Money: $289,111

Shows booked: 96

Top ten matches:

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/Badcollin/2017%20matches_zpsjlf7zsv1.png

I managed to sneak into the top ten this year. 2018 is the year of the Hawke, I am no longer a young lion and unlike everyone else I am not jobbing across Japan most of the time. I think a maiden G1 win is on the cards this year.

I'm certainly ready for the main event:

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/Badcollin/2018%20Hawke_zpsxj3h4yii.png

Time for a roll:

Year Three - 49. “New Year’s Resolution”

Year Four - 23. 23. “Flash, AAAHH!!” You have devoted your holiday season to training in the ring +5 to your Flashiness skill

Meh, probably won't make a difference.

• 2 weeks later...

Year Five Summary:

Size: Cult

Money: $1,546,582

Shows booked: 189

2018 was a big growth year for New Japan. We hit cult at the start of December finally leaving Warrior Engine and Hinote Dojo behind.

This is what five years of touring can do for you:

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/Badcollin/2019%20Hawke_zpsbez7ptmh.png

I gave my UC a Reigns push in 2018; he won the New Japan Cup and took the title in April. He then won the G1 and is still champion at the end of the year. Time to drop down the card now though as i've had an influx of talent due to hitting cult and my UC is only popular in two areas of Japan.

Top Ten Matches:

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/Badcollin/2018%20matches_zpsmbdrbo15.png

I'm having a real problem booking top quality matches, everything seems to end up as a B. This is where I really miss the dirt sheet.

Time for a roll:

Year Three - 49. “New Year’s Resolution”

Year Four - 23. 23. “Flash, AAAHH!!”

Year Five - 22 - 22. "Top Rope Hero" You have devoted your holiday season to training in the ring +5 to Aerial skill

• 2 weeks later...

I finally went back and picked this game up again recently. Just hit year 3 and I'm going to hit Regional after the next show (should anyway). I switched to running 2 shows per month in June of 2005 to take advantage of my large roster and growing bank account. Even after signing Ted DiBiase to a $2400 PPA deal and using him on one of the 2 shows, I was clearing $8k every month, and now that Hulkamania opened and stole him, I signed Bret Hart to replace him (and Natalya to boot) for $1700 along with my growth I'm clearing $16k for the last two. I wish I can get PPV at Regional to run a weekly PPV schedule since TV is going to be almost a year away (have to hit 40 pop in Mid-South as I picked the wrong region to start).

The only negative so far has been my user character not growing as fast as I'd like, but I think I've addressed that by importing a lot of the missing female wrestlers from the 2014 database so they have top row skills (biggest drawback to the 2004 mod). Here she is:

http://i.imgur.com/u7ShE4B.png?1

Here's the Top 10 shows so far:

http://i.imgur.com/Q0oQ6p1.png?1

And the Top 10 matches:

http://i.imgur.com/ehpp7gg.png?1

Let's see what I rolled for Year 2 bonus (already added that in to her stats btw):

The WWE firing Nora (Molly Holly) was a god-send, but the MVP has always been Traci Brooks, the now 2-time Woman Wrestler of the Year (and 2-time World Champ). The main eventers are getting really over as they're almost all in the mid-50's-to-mid-60's in Mid-South. The bad news is that Hulkamania fed hired Torrie Wilson away before I hit Regional so I could sign her. Stacy Keibler is out there, but man, her skills are bad even for a Sex Appeal-based fed. Might hire her for 6 months to job her 52 pop out. And then Britani Knight (Paige) debuts in June.;)

PWI List:

174: Traci Brooks

181: Lacey

201: Sara Del Rey

206: Nora Greenwald

207: Trinity

229: Allison Danger

283: Daizee Haze

289: Jetta

302: Cheerleader Melissa

317: Daffney

320: Sarita (that's her future TNA name)

323: Lizzy Valentine

330: Talia (Velvet Sky)

351: Madison

359: Rain

360: April Hunter

400: Nikita (future Katie Lea/Winter)

414: Annie Social

435: Rebecca Knox

469: Tenille Tayla (only 16 btw)

470: Christina Ricci

491: Anita Blake (User Character)

Oh, to not have much competition at all. Does stink that WWE just resigned Trish, Lita, and Victoria to 5 year deals so I doubt I'll ever see them. Well, unless they stay at Cult long enough again and fire their booker (think they're on their 4th booker so far) so I jump to WWE. Though it would be nearly impossible to meet the goal of this Challenge in WWE.

• 3 weeks later...

2018 Update

Left my British Lucha fed to become the owner of USPW in late 2017, been booking since then, trying to weed out the older talent, brought in Randy B, Rocky Golden, John Greed and Mainstream Hernandez, who have allowed me to phase out the old guard aside from Jumbo Jackson who is not in TD. Cult but number 1 fed in the world due to cooling off period. My stats are looking decent, and I'm going in for my first big push, not sure quite how well it will go but we'll see.

Are you allowed to create your own company mid-save? Like using the in game feature to do so, not using the editor. I'm currently a few years in and the owner of a fed, and want to move to another country to develop a little more before I hit my 30s, but because I'm the owner I'd have to resign before I even apply for another job, so I was thinking of creating my own company as a safety net if I don't find a new job in a few months since I have Greatest reputation, I don't see it listed in the rules so I was wondering?

Are you allowed to create your own company mid-save? Like using the in game feature to do so, not using the editor. I'm currently a few years in and the owner of a fed, and want to move to another country to develop a little more before I hit my 30s, but because I'm the owner I'd have to resign before I even apply for another job, so I was thinking of creating my own company as a safety net if I don't find a new job in a few months since I have Greatest reputation, I don't see it listed in the rules so I was wondering?

This NEEDS to be answered! This would open so many opportunities for my RTG!

Archived