Random Screenshots 2013 Thread

Jack Bruce does MUCH better in TEW'13 than he did in '10. In most cases, he always came across rather weak in the ring; however, thus far, he's become one of my more consistent grade-getters!

yeah, Jack Bruce's stats are at iconic level now> He's at HHH\John Cena level now where before he was more Edge\Chris Jericho. Thats referring to popularity and being the top star, as opposed to in ring/

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.smugmug.com/photos/i-dX6r7Bv/0/X2/i-dX6r7Bv-X2.jpg

This was the last show ever put on by NOTBPW in the watcher game I'm simming out in year-long batches.

Three days later they went out of business. Five months later both Sean McFly and Dan Stone Jr. retired on the same day and were inducted into the Hall of Immortals.

http://www.smugmug.com/photos/i-dX6r7Bv/0/X2/i-dX6r7Bv-X2.jpg

This was the last show ever put on by NOTBPW in the watcher game I'm simming out in year-long batches.

Three days later they went out of business. Five months later both Sean McFly and Dan Stone Jr. retired on the same day and were inducted into the Hall of Immortals.

Wow.

Sean McFly and Eddie Peak both must have been on major physical decline if they could only pull out a C- together, same with Duane Stone only getting a D with anyone. To be fair though, I'm surprised they lasted until' 2023 before retiring, as they would be almost 50 at that point.

Wow.

Sean McFly and Eddie Peak both must have been on major physical decline if they could only pull out a C- together, same with Duane Stone only getting a D with anyone. To be fair though, I'm surprised they lasted until' 2023 before retiring, as they would be almost 50 at that point.

On the other hand, Mark Griffin vs. Tim Westybrook managed a B. Woah.

Wow.

Yeah, McFly and Stone were absolute shells of themselves at that point. All three retired in August so I assume they only stayed active because of their jobs and pushes with NOTBPW. Looking at their stats Peak could probably still go pretty well, but the only thing going for McFly and Stone were nearly maxed out basics and psychology.

Yeah, McFly and Stone were absolute shells of themselves at that point. All three retired in August so I assume they only stayed active because of their jobs and pushes with NOTBPW. Looking at their stats Peak could probably still go pretty well, but the only thing going for McFly and Stone were nearly maxed out basics and psychology.

Do you have a screenshot of these stats?

Do you have a screenshot of these stats?

Yep I can do that; I haven't advanced the next year of that game yet. Many of these stats are 1-2 points lower than they were at the time of that card because these screen shots are from 9 months later. Interestingly, not only did Eddie Peak hold up much better than the other two, but he's actually better in some ways at 47 than he was at 36. He's 2 years younger and had a career 5 years shorter, so I'm guessing that had a lot to do with it. Also, McFly might not have been *quite* as bad as I described, but he's pretty rough.

http://www.smugmug.com/photos/i-Sj6FNqr/0/X2/i-Sj6FNqr-X2.jpg

http://www.smugmug.com/photos/i-nw7xPSg/0/X2/i-nw7xPSg-X2.jpg

http://www.smugmug.com/photos/i-nJtpD6H/0/X2/i-nJtpD6H-X2.jpg

Ouch, Duane must've started his time decline at a very young age to have suffered that badly, probbaly about 36. McFly looks like he probably started at about 40ish, so he's still had a long time to decline to hit those levels...

On the other hand, Eddie Peak looks like he's only been on decline for a few years, maybe 4 or 5 tops. NOTBPW were probably lucky to have him when they did, though it's weird to see NOTBPW go out of business. They're generally pretty good at finding some decent prospects to train up and with some talented guys like Stone/McFly/Peka around to train them in psychology they should've done good. I guess they got unlucky with some low overness caps and simply weren't quick enough to try some other talents, or the gameworld wasn't nice enough to them to give them anyone they could use. If new worker generation or regeneration is off then the talent pool might be getting a little thin by now, since the Cornellverse doesn't have a lot of people generating beyond about 2018.

Interesting stuff. :)

Opening match of MAW The Sam Keith Tag Team Classic IV was a huge upset! I couldn't get Greg to sign a deal because he's written to WLW. I didn't pick Brandon up to begin with and I signed him towards the end of 2013 when I grabbed Matt. He's only American Patriot to me. I can't see him as anything else!

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m521/Logan_Rodzen/HugeUpset_zpsb0851eb0.jpg

Sam Keith died in May 2014 and two months later his son wins his tournament for the second time (with two different partners). Not only did they get through the 2x Sam Keith Classic winners (C-V-2) but they went on to defeat former 2x MAW Tag Team champions Syd Collier & Cameron Jones, along with The Latino Kings (alliance loan from FCW, among many others) in the finals.

Yep I can do that; I haven't advanced the next year of that game yet. Many of these stats are 1-2 points lower than they were at the time of that card because these screen shots are from 9 months later. Interestingly, not only did Eddie Peak hold up much better than the other two, but he's actually better in some ways at 47 than he was at 36. He's 2 years younger and had a career 5 years shorter, so I'm guessing that had a lot to do with it. Also, McFly might not have been *quite* as bad as I described, but he's pretty rough.

Special Request: What about Tim Westbrook and the guy he was facing? Surely, they must be in better condition to get a B.

Special Request: What about Tim Westbrook and the guy he was facing? Surely, they must be in better condition to get a B.

Sorry, I should have thought of that. I've already simmed the next year of the game, so I can't perfectly tell you what the stats were on the day of that match, but by some quirk of luck neither wrestler's stats have changed in the last year so I can show you their stats 9 months after that fight. My best guess is that means their stats had probably decreased at the very most by 4 points (and possibly none) since the match.

http://www.smugmug.com/photos/i-99KLcwC/0/X2/i-99KLcwC-X2.jpg

http://www.smugmug.com/photos/i-PfjfmFx/0/X2/i-PfjfmFx-X2.jpg

On a related note, I certainly don't want to highjack the random screenshots thread with things that are getting less and less random, and there seems to be some interest in these long-term results so I'm thinking of putting together a thread, probably in the dynasty section even though it won't be a traditional dynasty, to sum up the results of this game and start a new, better planned, long-term watcher sim where I'll be able to answer people's questions about anything that happens at any time over the course of the game. I'll put more details in the thread when I make it, assuming my concept proves to be something that will work the way I want it to.

Wow, Tim Westybrook improved a lot. That's surprising considering he's already 37 at the start of the game, I didn't think wrestlers that were past their prime could develop that much more.

Someone who is 37 may not be past their prime. It all depends on their roll when the game starts... or their setting in the editor...

On a related note, I certainly don't want to highjack the random screenshots thread with things that are getting less and less random, and there seems to be some interest in these long-term results so I'm thinking of putting together a thread, probably in the dynasty section even though it won't be a traditional dynasty, to sum up the results of this game and start a new, better planned, long-term watcher sim where I'll be able to answer people's questions about anything that happens at any time over the course of the game. I'll put more details in the thread when I make it, assuming my concept proves to be something that will work the way I want it to.

Looking at their stats, it's still hard to tell how they pulled off a B match in NOTBPW - perhaps they had chemistry and/or high popularity? That's what I was curious about. I would expect a C+ or a B-, at best. But look At Tim Westybrook - at his age, his Physical stats, especially his Stamina, is insane. He doesn't look he's decline in years. And he's retired too! Amazing. On related note, his Chain Wrestling, Aerial, and Flashiness are maxed for his size. Just something I found interesting.

What's more interesting though, is that it seems, the first to go is your Physical and related Stats, followed by Aerial stats, then Rumble Stats, Perfornance Stats, and finally Entertainment/Camera stats. Basics, Safety, and Psychology seems the same, but Consistency and Selling is shot for both McFly and Duane Stone.

Wow, Tim Westybrook improved a lot. That's surprising considering he's already 37 at the start of the game, I didn't think wrestlers that were past their prime could develop that much more.
Someone who is 37 may not be past their prime. It all depends on their roll when the game starts... or their setting in the editor...

I think it's that they don't improve as much as they would if they were younger. If you look in the editor, I believe the Maturity age starts at 18 and ends at 30. Between what age they are, and what age their Maturity is, they might rapidly improve (depending on their Potential and Destiny as well). Decline Age can start as early 30, and late as 55, Relevancy Age can start as early as 45, and late as 65, and Retirement Age can start as early as 25, or late as 65.

So, with good rolls, someone maybe wrestle well into their to their mid 50's without showing some serious decline.

Archived