• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="KnowYourEnemy" data-cite="KnowYourEnemy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="34901" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The major reason? He's 42, and about 50/50 to be on time decline when you start the game -- and I've had at least one save where he was 5+ years gone. <p> </p><p> The minor reason? He will get gassed in a 18-minute match with his 56 Stamina and he will absolutely never ever put over someone without complaining. </p><p> </p><p> An 82 sounds impressive, but in USPW, a broom could get an 82 with 85 overness and proper booking -- Champion is one of the top 3 workers in the C_Verse, and as you said, you had plenty of time to build the guy. Champion gets over very, very fast, as well, and Nicky could have entered the match with A-A* POP in US. </p><p> </p><p> A lot of USPW players can't/don't afford the "six-month build" for a monster as they at least want to make a run to stay at National. Grades matter a lot less if you fall to cult, and the smart money is on taking the opportunity to build more talented workers in the interim.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I know its a late reply but gonna respond anyway.</p><p> </p><p> Question, Who would put Bruce in an 18min match Lol? It is true he complains but that's exactly my point. Bruce seems to be fine losing handicap matches. Its when you book him in singles matches when he's a pain to deal with. Was just trying to inform ppl that you can milk Bruce's pop with handicaps before giving him the ax or letting him go. His menace is gold btw.</p><p> </p><p> True ppl try and compete early on as have I, but menacing angles with Baine are gold. Baine graded on menace and Nicky on pop and have them go at it in wild brawls all show can keep you there lol. I disagree with the broomstick thing(though hella hilarious..made me snort when I read it). Yes USPW is a pop fed but skills still matter. If you put an 85pop Peter Valentine against a 90pop or so Redwood I can promise you that the grade will not be an 82. They absolutely suck in the ring and even with momentum im sure the grade would still suck. The rating would be around the mid 60's and thats with 5 min match product settings. Lol they just suck and Moppy could give a better rating.</p><p> </p><p> Still proud of my 82 though i was expecting much less because of Baine's performance skills.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="NoobzUnite" data-cite="NoobzUnite" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="34901" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I know its a late reply but gonna respond anyway.<p> </p><p> Question, Who would put Bruce in an 18min match Lol? It is true he complains but that's exactly my point. Bruce seems to be fine losing handicap matches. Its when you book him in singles matches when he's a pain to deal with. Was just trying to inform ppl that you can milk Bruce's pop with handicaps before giving him the ax or letting him go. His menace is gold btw.</p><p> </p><p> True ppl try and compete early on as have I, but menacing angles with Baine are gold. Baine graded on menace and Nicky on pop and have them go at it in wild brawls all show can keep you there lol. I disagree with the broomstick thing(though hella hilarious..made me snort when I read it). Yes USPW is a pop fed but skills still matter. If you put an 85pop Peter Valentine against a 90pop or so Redwood I can promise you that the grade will not be an 82. They absolutely suck in the ring and even with momentum im sure the grade would still suck. The rating would be around the mid 60's and thats with 5 min match product settings. Lol they just suck and Moppy could give a better rating.</p><p> </p><p> Still proud of my 82 though i was expecting much less because of Baine's performance skills.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> If you use talent trades from TCW, you can do good ratings the first month to stay at National. I brought Cornell, Hawkins and Vessey over my latest game. Sam Strong & Cornell entertainment angles are golden. Throw Wolf in the feud with Enygma. You could have Cornell vs Nicky, Wolf vs Nicky, Wolf vs Enygma and Syndicate vs Nicky and Enygma as your main events during January. Have Nicky flash pin Tommy, Tommy beats him down, week 2 have Wolf take a shot at Nicky, also in a narrow losing effort, post match beatdown syndivate on nicky w/ Enygma save, but damage was done and Nicky can't compete the following week. Week 3, Wolf/Cornell vs Enygma with Cornell/Wolf costing Enygma the match. Week 4 have the tag match end in a nonfinish, have the heels get the heat back.Then at the PPV you can book singles or tag match again with a finish. Perhaps use a cage to prevent interference. </p><p> That also means post TCW minor invasion angle, your storyline ratings should be solid enough to maintain required heat level through suffering the trash matches that the big men bring.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="lr10540" data-cite="lr10540" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="34901" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If you use talent trades from TCW, you can do good ratings the first month to stay at National. I brought Cornell, Hawkins and Vessey over my latest game. Sam Strong & Cornell entertainment angles are golden. Throw Wolf in the feud with Enygma. You could have Cornell vs Nicky, Wolf vs Nicky, Wolf vs Enygma and Syndicate vs Nicky and Enygma as your main events during January. Have Nicky flash pin Tommy, Tommy beats him down, week 2 have Wolf take a shot at Nicky, also in a narrow losing effort, post match beatdown syndivate on nicky w/ Enygma save, but damage was done and Nicky can't compete the following week. Week 3, Wolf/Cornell vs Enygma with Cornell/Wolf costing Enygma the match. Week 4 have the tag match end in a nonfinish, have the heels get the heat back.Then at the PPV you can book singles or tag match again with a finish. Perhaps use a cage to prevent interference. <p> That also means post TCW minor invasion angle, your storyline ratings should be solid enough to maintain required heat level through suffering the trash matches that the big men bring.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I know it'd be good to get a working agreement with TCW, but I'm one of those ppl who don't. I tweak my product to only have 40% matches and 60% angles. That way I can phase out the useless and build ppl for the future. PPV are 60% matches 40% angles. This helps me stay at National while also building a better roster and product. I don't take USPW towards TCW lite, but instead stay true to big men or anyone that can talk. </p><p> </p><p> *I may have to take yoir idea though. I can use a few older TCW guys like Bryan Vessey to train up and put over my guys. Its a nice way to kill competition with them. Lol thank you for giving me the idea to kill TCW MUAHAHAHA!!!!!!!</p>

<p>I stick with 40/60 for both TV and PPV, though PPV ends up being closer to 50/50. Once TCW falls (most typical outcome), you can poach the contracts that come up (lucked out with Wolf Hawkins, Joey Minnesota & Edd Stone). And almost always, Zimmy Bumfhole gets released by SWF.</p><p> </p><p>

You pick 2 of those up and you're in good shape already.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="setalight" data-cite="setalight" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="34901" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I've struggled to get into C-Verse, would USPW be s good promotion to start with?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> They can be fun and they have a ton of potential. If you like the WWF of the 1980s, then USPW at default gives you something that closely approximates that. But there are plenty of challenges with the company, too. Some strong personalities, the top of the card is aging, and you need to succeed very quickly or you will drop to Cult after the first month. Which isn't always a bad thing, as you can consolidate and build up the talent a bit.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="setalight" data-cite="setalight" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="34901" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I've struggled to get into C-Verse, would USPW be s good promotion to start with?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Jim Force...you don't need to know anything except for Jim Force. Book him to hold all titles and dominate all angles. He should never lose and pay him whatever he demands.</p><p> </p><p> Then just sit back and watch your company rocket to greatness!!!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="DocStevens" data-cite="DocStevens" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="34901" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Jim Force...you don't need to know anything except for Jim Force. Book him to hold all titles and dominate all angles. He should never lose and pay him whatever he demands.<p> </p><p> Then just sit back and watch your company rocket to greatness!!!</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I currently have Jim Force as a champion in TCW.</p><p> </p><p> DocStevens is right--Force is a reason to choose USPW. Setalight, no matter what CVerse company you play as, Jim Force should constantly hold every title. He should go seven million and 0. Every manager in the promotion should accompany him to the ring. He should be in every angle.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="w4lru5" data-cite="w4lru5" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="34901" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I currently have Jim Force as a champion in TCW.<p> </p><p> DocStevens is right--Force is a reason to choose USPW. Setalight, no matter what CVerse company you play as, Jim Force should constantly hold every title. He should go seven million and 0. Every manager in the promotion should accompany him to the ring. He should be in every angle.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> So....2001 or 2004 Triple H lol</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="lr10540" data-cite="lr10540" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="34901" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Does anyone have any custom tv show or ppv events pics for this promotion?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I created my own USPW American Wrestling graphic, which you can find here: <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2057043" rel="external nofollow">http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2057043</a></p><p> </p><p> And Liamo did a ton of PPV logos, which can be found here: <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72878" rel="external nofollow">http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72878</a></p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="K-Nection" data-cite="K-Nection" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="34901" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So....2001 or 2004 Triple H lol</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Exactly. Except that Jim Force is immensely better.</p><p> </p><p> (He's engaged to Emma Chase as well as holding the TCW American Tag Team title in my TCW game, so he wins in every way.)</p>

I decided to play as owner of USPW. Just a breif update into my save. I am only three months in with Baine and Champion going at it. There blowoff match is this coming ppv. I turned Engyma, fired Peter Valentine and hired Roger Cage and he is an upper mid carder now. Plans is to have him in the Main Event Scene. I might turn T-Rex to balance things out. Starting to get heel heavy at the top.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="w4lru5" data-cite="w4lru5" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="34901" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I currently have Jim Force as a champion in TCW.<p> </p><p> DocStevens is right--Force is a reason to choose USPW. Setalight, no matter what CVerse company you play as, Jim Force should constantly hold every title. He should go seven million and 0. Every manager in the promotion should accompany him to the ring. He should be in every angle.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Pure genius! This strategy basically guarantees a 100 rating for every show and all other companies will go bankrupt as you take over the entire C-Verse!!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="bigguy9854" data-cite="bigguy9854" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="34901" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I decided to play as owner of USPW. Just a breif update into my save. I am only three months in with Baine and Champion going at it. There blowoff match is this coming ppv. I turned Engyma, fired Peter Valentine and hired Roger Cage and he is an upper mid carder now. Plans is to have him in the Main Event Scene. I might turn T-Rex to balance things out. Starting to get heel heavy at the top.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> What about Justice, Force and Caulfield on the face side in the main event? I would probably turn Jumbo Jackson or Bruce The Giant face before I turned TRex. Can you push Darryl Devine into the Main Event babyface scene?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="bigguy9854" data-cite="bigguy9854" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="34901" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I decided to play as owner of USPW. Just a breif update into my save. I am only three months in with Baine and Champion going at it. There blowoff match is this coming ppv. I turned Engyma, fired Peter Valentine and hired Roger Cage and he is an upper mid carder now. Plans is to have him in the Main Event Scene. I might turn T-Rex to balance things out. Starting to get heel heavy at the top.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Did you at least job Peter at the PPVs? I always brought Darryl Devine up to the upper midcard through Valentine. I'm also wondering if you still have Justice and Caulfield.</p>

<p>Who To Be 2008 Champ?</p><p> </p><p>

I'm playing a USPW 2008 game. Bruce the Giant beat James Justice for the World Title at the January PPV and turned heel in the process. Justice won the rematch but by DQ. I'm coming to the March PPV and the final match between the two. Who should I book to win?</p><p> </p><p>

Neither are in Time Decline. Bruce's contract expires in three months, Justice's contract expires in three years. They're both my most popular wrestlers(B+). I have at least 4 workers in the C- to C+ range to be possible next challengers.</p><p> </p><p>

I'm tempted to have Bruce lose a few feuds until his contract expires so I can renew him at a cheaper price.</p><p> </p><p>

Is that the best way to go? What is the best approach?</p>

• 2 weeks later...
You will likely be able to absorb the salary increase for Bruce, so keep the belt on him and pay him when his contract comes up. Does Enygma have the wage matching? Will you be able to sign Bruce for under that amount?

You will likely be able to absorb the salary increase for Bruce, so keep the belt on him and pay him when his contract comes up. Does Enygma have the wage matching? Will you be able to sign Bruce for under that amount?

Thanks for the feedback.

This is a 2008 save so Enygma's still with the SWF I believe. I ended up keeping the belt on Bruce. Bruce then feuded versus Caulfield and held off his challenge with the help of Nat'l Champ-Eric Tyler and a turning Freddie Datsun.

Sam Strong Challenged Bruce to face Nicky Champion at IDS 2008, Bruce has refused, so far.

I'm trying to sign Troy Tornado away from TCW to be the eventual replacement for Bruce as #1heel in USPW. Right now Bruce is the #1 heel and I've built up Jumbo Jackson to B-pop and #2 heel status. Tornado could be incredibly useful to USPW at this time.

I also just signed Nemesis, but not sure how to use him yet...

I am interested in seeing how you guys would approach this -

I was watching the Sapolsky/Sullivan Guest Booker, and I think Sullivan is the one who suggests that if there's nothing for a guy (midcarder with nothing to do, nothing that stands out, whatever), if you have relationships with other feds that you'd be able to send them over there to learn new styles.

Obviously, in the scope of the game, it's more of them staying active rather than simply being sent on vacation.

I have my USPW National champion (Devine) who is going to lose to a debuting Joey Minnesota. I don't have much for him at the moment after this. While I do have 2 developmental territories (Texas with my regular style, Florida with the Cruiserweights), I'm not sure he would be willing to go there. I am part of an alliance, so people get loaned out but they obviously stay on your active roster as well.

Do I:

a) go to the editor and send him somewhere, changing my contract to a PPA and sending him to one of the feds I have a relationship with. Alternatively, move his contract to expire, then manually send him somewhere. This of course would force him to be out of USPW for 6 months before I'm able to re-sign him.

b) send him down to development to train people (if he'll agree to it)

c) send him on vacation - which I'm trying to avoid...I'd like him to either benefit from working elsewhere OR pass on some skills to someone in development.

d) relegate him to dark matches for the time being, eventually working him back into a program after some "time off TV."

EDIT: He won't go to development to either train or train others.

Devine Problem

I am interested in seeing how you guys would approach this -

I was watching the Sapolsky/Sullivan Guest Booker, and I think Sullivan is the one who suggests that if there's nothing for a guy (midcarder with nothing to do, nothing that stands out, whatever), if you have relationships with other feds that you'd be able to send them over there to learn new styles.

Obviously, in the scope of the game, it's more of them staying active rather than simply being sent on vacation.

I have my USPW National champion (Devine) who is going to lose to a debuting Joey Minnesota. I don't have much for him at the moment after this. While I do have 2 developmental territories (Texas with my regular style, Florida with the Cruiserweights), I'm not sure he would be willing to go there. I am part of an alliance, so people get loaned out but they obviously stay on your active roster as well.

Do I:

a) go to the editor and send him somewhere, changing my contract to a PPA and sending him to one of the feds I have a relationship with. Alternatively, move his contract to expire, then manually send him somewhere. This of course would force him to be out of USPW for 6 months before I'm able to re-sign him.

b) send him down to development to train people (if he'll agree to it)

c) send him on vacation - which I'm trying to avoid...I'd like him to either benefit from working elsewhere OR pass on some skills to someone in development.

d) relegate him to dark matches for the time being, eventually working him back into a program after some "time off TV."

EDIT: He won't go to development to either train or train others.

I would try to work out a talent trade for somebody useful, can you trade with TCW? Maybe I'm missing something,but why would you have to alter his contract at all?

Well, with talent trades they just happen to not be available on the days the other company has shows - so they remain on your roster. The plan would have been to "loan" him out to another company so he wouldn't be on my roster. I'd rather he get the experience somewhere instead of trading wins on my roster, or having throwaway matches.

I think I may tie a few loose ends I have with him. Who knows, I might stumble onto a good storyline with him that way. If not, I'll send him to dark matches.

I want to get a B-Show to test stuff out, but in the meantime, I may start treating the pre-show as my B-Show.

Well, with talent trades they just happen to not be available on the days the other company has shows - so they remain on your roster. The plan would have been to "loan" him out to another company so he wouldn't be on my roster. I'd rather he get the experience somewhere instead of trading wins on my roster, or having throwaway matches.

I think I may tie a few loose ends I have with him. Who knows, I might stumble onto a good storyline with him that way. If not, I'll send him to dark matches.

I want to get a B-Show to test stuff out, but in the meantime, I may start treating the pre-show as my B-Show.

You could create a title such as "internet champion" and have it exclusively defended on the pre-show(theoretically only viewable online). If he's a heel, Devine could declare himself champion and train/wrestle up-and-comers and always winning by cheating/interference.

Here's what I'd do in your shoes. I'd relegate him to a tag team with a newbie worker in dark matches. That way he can 'train' his partner if needed by just working with him, you can fish for chemistry, and it may help bring up the popularity of the newbie you have expectations for.

Just my thoughts.

Both of those sound great.

An off the wall idea. I signed Ant Man and have him stashed away in development. I have an idea of how to introduce this 'superhuman' strength.

The idea here would be a heel leader of a cult type stable stealing the spirit of The Force. This would be housed in an urn or something. I am thinking there is some sort of accident where this urn spill onto Ant Man. In his quest to help The Force recover his spirit, it is transferred to him...I could dee him not realize what the effects were until in a match where he would Hulk Up.

So two questions:

1. Does that 'wacky' storyline work?

2. I have sort of figured out how the spirit is stolen. But how it is transferred to Ant Man I am getting stuck on. Ideas on getting unstuck?

Archived