SWF In 2013

Guest KingOfKings

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<p>I created a stable of jobbers in my SWF fed called "Real Winners". Greg Black (back as Groucho), Donnie J and The Awesomeness (when their segment grades weren't really good). They use the tried and true "It isn't if you win or lose but how you play the game". They do inspiring promos on teamwork, good sportsmanship and the like. Then they get their asses whooped.</p><p> </p><p>

So any thoughts? Does it make jobbers more interesting if they had a gimmick like this? Do you think crowds would get behind them as clueless do gooders or just laugh at them? Should the yuck yuck factor be emphasized or should it be treated more seriously.</p><p> </p><p>

I like it cause it gives personality to the jobbers. Kinda like the WWE does with 3MB (take 3 what they use now as jobbers and make them a "band").</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="rufas2000" data-cite="rufas2000" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="34914" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I created a stable of jobbers in my SWF fed called "Real Winners". Greg Black (back as Groucho), Donnie J and The Awesomeness (when their segment grades weren't really good). They use the tried and true "It isn't if you win or lose but how you play the game". They do inspiring promos on teamwork, good sportsmanship and the like. Then they get their asses whooped.<p> </p><p> So any thoughts? Does it make jobbers more interesting if they had a gimmick like this? Do you think crowds would get behind them as clueless do gooders or just laugh at them? Should the yuck yuck factor be emphasized or should it be treated more seriously.</p><p> </p><p> I like it cause it gives personality to the jobbers. Kinda like the WWE does with 3MB (take 3 what they use now as jobbers and make them a "band").</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I like the idea and think it makes them a lot more interesting.</p><p> </p><p> As for the audience reaction, it depends on what kind of crowd you draw. A WWE Attitude or old ECW crowd might like to watch them lose, but a more family-friendly audience might see them as lovable underdogs.</p><p> </p><p> An idea springs to mind if you ever decide to give them a little push into the low or midcard: they get tired of losing fair and square, so they resort to an Eddie Guerrero-esque 'cheat to win' mindset and turn heel, possibly continuing to preach the values of good sportsmanship.</p>

<p>Continuing my trend of copying WWE stories and concepts, by giving SWF a "Cruiserweight Show". </p><p> </p><p>

As I wanted the fun of a brand split, without a lot of extra booking to do, the show is only 30 minutes long. This necessitated a new match type, with only 1 minute non-wrestling time (fighters start at top of opposing ramps, then sprint when the bell rings) and an 8 minute time limit (so they need to go balls out right away). The show has a modern leaning. Not sure what that does to the mechanics, but sounds right.</p><p> </p><p>

All lightweight wrestlers MUST be on this show. Which hasn't been a problem for anyone but Zimmy Bumfhole, who has gone from heel World Champion to 'stuck' on the B show in a matter of months. Worse, he's separated from his rich cougar girlfriend Emma Chase, who is contractually excluded from working B shows. Unintentional, but I'm having fun with his constant schemes to escape Cruiserweight hell and return to his sugar momma. Middleweight wrestlers can also choose to be on the show, but the only one to accept is Frederique Antonio Garcia, who returns from a major concussion with a penchant for skinny boys. </p><p> </p><p>

So far Randy Bumfhole is reaping the most benefit from being separated from the main roster. From C to B- popularity in short order thanks to increase promo time. Still refusing to fight his older brother though. The other rising star is Carnivore (Masked Cougar) who had really risen on the indies, and has been given a mighty win streak. Also, Hannah has found room to grow in a hyperactive authority role. Which is good. Jessie, Dawn & Emma aren't as pretty as they used to be.</p><p> </p><p>

The roster's pretty small. Mostly new guys with NXT names. Alkaline (Acid) Bamboo (Panda Mask) Lucky Draw (Chance Fortune) Xander Nash (Remmy Skye) Kurt Cope (Donny J) Wyvern (Snap Dragon). It takes 2 minutes to book the show, so I'm enjoying it. That being said, I'll likely do 2-3 seasons, then let the show die. It feels short-term to me. Zimmy is carrying a lot of my interest in the show, and he has to escape eventually.</p>

I know there was some discussion here some months back about jobbers, but who have you signed to come into SWF to be dedicated jobbers? I brought in Man Mountain Cahill to bleed overness onto Scythe but haven't really brought in a true "job squad" to help push guys for the B-show. But now that I've finished 2013 in-game, I'm looking to bring in a few more guys for 2014 to help get some of the younger talent over so was just wondering who some of you are using. Thanks!

<p>Due to the aging uppercard I havent really signed dedicated jobbers for SWF I either use a young tag team (Bret Starr and Spencer Spade as Walk of Fame) or slowly drop down old guys by feuding them with the young ones.</p><p> </p><p>

However, in TCW I signed The Nest Of Vipers (Mimic and Dagger) under Conquistador hoods to job every show and they improved a ton themselves. The Nation of Filth is also a short term team to put over a young one.</p>

<p>There are not many guys who have really strong Performance skills to work as jobbers. Steve Flash is an obvious one. I like to look for guys with strong selling, since quite a few of the upper card and main eventers can use work in that area. KC Glenn, Bob Casey, Air Attack Weasel, and Brendan Idol are guys I usually sign, though Glenn and Casey won't join unless you drop the Risque. I use them for guys like Remo, Brandon James, Valiant, etc, in dark matches. </p><p> </p><p>

Once you hit International, you can bring over Dark Angel, who has fantastic Psychology.</p>

August 2015 Christian Faith announces he will retire in 3 months. At 49 his skills have declined to where he is only really useful in tag matches (selling, stamina and consistency being the worst) so it's a relief I don't have to release or job him out. I plan on him doing a program to put a upper midcarder (Aaron Andrew or Matthew Keith probably) into the main event, capped off with a match where his career is on the line, and then having him appear on screen as a commissioner type figure.

SWF is the only promotion that i actually really care about in the CornellVerse by now. I'm trying to get used to the other ones, but by now SWF is the only one. I'm doing some RL storylines in it, like Michaels vs Jannetty (Zimmy Bumfhole vs Randy Bumfhole). When Zimmy turns face again, they're having a reunion like The Rockers had IRL too.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Teh_Showtime" data-cite="Teh_Showtime" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="34914" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Due to the aging uppercard I havent really signed dedicated jobbers for SWF I either use a young tag team (Bret Starr and Spencer Spade as Walk of Fame) or slowly drop down old guys by feuding them with the young ones.<p> </p><p> However, in TCW I signed The Nest Of Vipers (Mimic and Dagger) under Conquistador hoods to job every show and they improved a ton themselves. The Nation of Filth is also a short term team to put over a young one.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Bigpapa42" data-cite="Bigpapa42" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="34914" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>There are not many guys who have really strong Performance skills to work as jobbers. Steve Flash is an obvious one. I like to look for guys with strong selling, since quite a few of the upper card and main eventers can use work in that area. KC Glenn, Bob Casey, Air Attack Weasel, and Brendan Idol are guys I usually sign, though Glenn and Casey won't join unless you drop the Risque. I use them for guys like Remo, Brandon James, Valiant, etc, in dark matches. <p> </p><p> Once you hit International, you can bring over Dark Angel, who has fantastic Psychology.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Teh_Showtime" data-cite="Teh_Showtime" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="34914" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Also, Pistol Pete Hall is a good one. Perfect midcard tag partner for a young guy or an enhancement match for the top guys.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks much! Will check into some of their availabilities, but there should be some workable options. Flash of course is still with PWC but we've made them a child company in the fall and they seem to be in constant debt so maybe I can take them over and bring Flash over (can child companies go out of business or does the parent help them stay open?). Pistol Pete has retired from wrestling again even though he still has some good stats. Maybe I'll mess around with that and bring him in to train at RIPW without making him active on the main roster.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Purple Cowboy" data-cite="Purple Cowboy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="34914" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I know there was some discussion here some months back about jobbers, but who have you signed to come into SWF to be dedicated jobbers? I brought in Man Mountain Cahill to bleed overness onto Scythe but haven't really brought in a true "job squad" to help push guys for the B-show. But now that I've finished 2013 in-game, I'm looking to bring in a few more guys for 2014 to help get some of the younger talent over so was just wondering who some of you are using. Thanks!</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm probably getting lots of hate for saying this, but American Elemental was made to be jobber. Patriot gimmick, too small for the big games and great performance & entertaiment skills are best you can get. In my SWF game he have won about 5 matches in two years of his SWF career.</p>

I ended up with a prominent SWF main eventer walking away with a Broken Jaw after "Times of Trouble". He won't take any time off. Plus, it's only a 19 day recovery process. Damn... He's tough; if not unrealistic. ;)

Don't put him in any matches for what two weeks. Just lots of angles and he should be good and you shouldn't take any penalties.

<p>I'm forced to agree about American Elemental. Although Sammy Bach is my lead heel right now as a little fella' (or one of, along with my Triple alliance of Frehley, Money and Remo). </p><p> </p><p>

As an aside he is leading the Church of Bach, a weird combo of occultism and hedonism (I guess Anton LaVey style Satanism though that isn't mentioned, just thought of that). He redebuted by interrupting an interview with Emma Chase and saying "I'll be taking Brandon James now". Mr. James is Bach's bodyguard. The Amazing Bumfholes are turning heel with gypsy gimmicks (using some appropriate awesome renders I found. They are now Romani Night, Its Myrage and I think Milloth, a gypsy name). Johnny Greed is his personal ring announcer. The Champions of Justice will oppose them (Lobster Warrior, Captain Atomic and Jungle Lord with help from Valiant - who helped in the CoJ battle with the Chase Agency - and Skull DeBones)</p><p> </p><p>

Back to topic: how would teaming AE up with Liberty work (both at the default overness levels). Would AE get more over. Would people get ticked at jobbing to them even with Liberty's over? </p><p> </p><p>

Thanks for any help on "uneven" teams.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="rufas2000" data-cite="rufas2000" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="34914" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> Back to topic: how would teaming AE up with Liberty work (both at the default overness levels). Would AE get more over. Would people get ticked at jobbing to them even with Liberty's over? </p><p> </p><p> Thanks for any help on "uneven" teams.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> Yes, that would work. Tagging a worker with an already established star is one of the best ways to get them over. Liberty's popularity should outweigh the fact that your midcarder's won't want to job to American Elemental at first. Liberty might need to be the one to pick up most of the wins, though.</p>

<p></p><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;">Has anyone given a top star 'creative control' of their new gimmick? If so, did it work out/tank?</div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"> </div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;">

I'm thinking of doing so with Angry Gilmore as he's in desperate need of a change.</div><p></p>

I did it with Joanne Rodriguez in an old SWF game. Her gimmick was an old school face and she got an A*. From my experience it only works with gimmicks workers are really good at. Then again there are probably other factors involved. I have given creative control of a gimmick to a lot of workers and it usually bombs.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Eisen-verse" data-cite="Eisen-verse" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="34914" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p><div style="margin-left:25px">Has anyone given a top star 'creative control' of their new gimmick? If so, did it work out/tank?</div></p><p><div style="margin-left:25px"> </div></p><p><div style="margin-left:25px"> I'm thinking of doing so with Angry Gilmore as he's in desperate need of a change.</div></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I give everyone creative control of gimmicks they sink or swim on their own merit.</p>

<p>Not sure if this is the right thread for this, but I've made Squeeky McClean and Enforcer Roberts a tag team that wants to clean up SWF, but I'm drawing a blank as to what to call them. Everything that I can think of sounds cheesy. Here's what I've got so far...</p><p> </p><p>

The Fixers</p><p>

Clean Sweep</p><p> </p><p>

Thoughts?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="gbasalmon" data-cite="gbasalmon" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="34914" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Not sure if this is the right thread for this, but I've made Squeeky McClean and Enforcer Roberts a tag team that wants to clean up SWF, but I'm drawing a blank as to what to call them. Everything that I can think of sounds cheesy. Here's what I've got so far...<p> </p><p> The Fixers</p><p> Clean Sweep</p><p> </p><p> Thoughts?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The Purge?</p>

Archived