SOTBPW Discussion

I think this is the year I really give a long-term game in Mexico a shot and SOTBPW is the promotion I'm going to try. With what looks to be one of the best rosters in the game to start out, hopefully some other people will be playing with them as well. Feel free to use this thread to talk about anything involving South of the Border Pro Wrestling.

Anyone have any initial plans for who will be challenging for which belts, here are the champions at the beginning...

Campeon de Mundo - Champagne Lover

Campeon de Menor - Multimillonario

Campeones de Trios - Mystery Man, El Hijo Espada Roja, Heroe

Campeones de Parejas - Jormungand, Labbu

And then your starting storylines are:

Champagne Lover vs. Mayan Idol

El Fuerza/Axxis Jr vs. El Demonio/Ultimate Phoenix

El Leon vs. Pablo Rodriguez

Also SOTBPW starts off with two brands and two television shows.

I started a game as them yesterday, and as I mentioned in IRC chat they really feel like the #1 promotion this year with all their talent. Unfortunately I'm not very good at booking them, and I've lost popularity in my first two TV shows as them.

1) You get penalised for your matches content risk being too low, so it is a good idea to edit the content risk in your matches up a notch.

2) Your announce teams aren't very good, but there isn't much you can do about this as their aren't any great free agents available in Mexico. This is going to be a weak point for some time, until they build up some experience.

3) Be the Juggernaut. Your the only promotion in Mexico big enough to hand out written contracts, and you've already broken your neutrality packs so feel free to poach whoever you want from your competition. This may not be the nicest way to play, but with two brands you really need as much talent as you can get.

4) Creating a developmental fed is a good idea. If you're going to raid your rivals rosters then you'll need to clear some space on your own roster, and a lot of your rookies need work anyway.

Wish i'd seen this thread earlier, just spent ages looking at the roster making notes, checking the brands and putting together the first show ... Then i get dinged for the Content Risk of the matches being too low :o

Another quick note one of your Trios champions is on a seperate brand to the other 2 (Mystery Man). Oh and Jennifer Heat is on a seperate brand to her client Campeon Jr so you may want to change that also.

The "Luchador" Talent show are the 12 competitors in the game!? I know there is 7 on the Roster.

"Luchador Guys;"

Angel of Mercy (thrown off the show)

California Kid

Devious Doctor Fang (Came 2nd) (Tags with Junta but are now on seperate brands)

Green Diamond

Jagged (Won the Show)

Major Junta (Tags with Fang but are now on seperate brands)

Scarlet Scarab (Came 3rd)

How is everyone handling the title situation? I have yet to start a proper game with them, but I'm in the midst of planning and have really been mulling it over. Are people creating new titles? Juggling all the titles between the brands?

As for myself I'm thinking I'm either going create new titles to balance it out, or I was also thinking of perhaps leaving the World and Tag titles on Rojo and then use the Trios title as the primary on Azul with the Menor title as a secondary.

Not sure how I feel about the brand split as it is, just experimenting with SOTBPW right now. I will probably take the Juggernaut advice to heart when the full game comes out.

Oh most definitely! And opening up a developmental promotion as well will be a must.

But I do have another planning question. Who is everyone using for their avatars? I'm really leaning towards Fumihiro Ota as "Super Ninja."

I've never played much with SOTBPW, but I'm somewhat interested in trying it out this edition. The television/title situation is a perplexing one though, and I'm inclined to go for an edit to turn it into a Raw/NXT situation, where Lucha Libre is the A-Show, Two Hours with Mundo, Trios & Parejas titles, and then there's the Television B-Show, a 1-Hour Show featuring only the Menor title.

That's another possibility. But, I mean, if ya got two A shows use em, right? I think I might start off with the idea of having the Trios title be the primary for Azul and then just supplement as I go. Perhaps bringing the the new belts in with the talent I end up scooping from the indy scene. It would save the booking of numerous tournaments and give the new comers an instant storyline and credibility.

• 2 weeks later...

Can somebody post an ideal change to the SOTBPW content so that I don't get penalized?

It seems it is too low at first, but when I make some changes it says it's too high. I am tired of experimenting/restarting my game, so can someone give me adequate values?

Can somebody post an ideal change to the SOTBPW content so that I don't get penalized?

It seems it is too low at first, but when I make some changes it says it's too high. I am tired of experimenting/restarting my game, so can someone give me adequate values?

Content risk? Turn daredevil down to Low and you shouldn't get the note for low content risk at all.

Hit the data check button, that'll tell you exactly where you should be. :)

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TEWFan" data-cite="TEWFan" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="34945" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Anybody has tips on booking this company? It seems that unless I stack shows with ME and UPMD caliber guys I loose popularity every show, with my best rating being a B- for the big end of the month show.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Are you using matches which are rated 'low' instead of 'very low' on content? Not doing that will get you dinged. </p><p> </p><p> Also, you SHOULD be stacking the matches/angles that count for the majority of the grade with Main Eventers and the odd Upper Midcarder. That's the last two matches and at least two angles anywhere on the card. Plus, get your backstage morale up ASAP as you're taking a hit for that because it's poor to start off with.</p>

• 1 year later...

I have an issue with SOTBPW and I felt it best to bump this thread rather than start a new one.

I've started a SOTBPW game over the weekend, I consider myself to be a decent TEW player but I cannot recall ever struggling with a company as much as I seem to be with them :confused:

I'm just under a month in and i'm losing popularity every show I book, my shows come back with B or B- Ratings but it's not good enough.

I'm focusing my shows around the big time players like Champagne Lover, Axxis Jr, El Fuerza etc and these are the talents I use in my angles. The angles seem to get good ratings.

The matches seem to let me down due to a poor commentary team and low backstage morale, (which is now even lower due to my 1st PPV not being up to standard)

I don't want to abandon my attempts at booking SOTBPW as I love the roster and all the storyline possibilties it provides but i'm running out of ideas on how to make my shows get good ratings?

Or is it just normal for SOTBPW to have a fall in popularity early on?

The backstage issues are common for bigger promotions in the Cverse. The SWF and particularly TCW have that problem. Its key to getting solid grades so you want to take steps to address the backstage ASAP. Get rid of problem people who are expendable. Bring in positive influences and positive relationships. Add some perks to add a good 5-10% to your backstage rating. A nice trick if you are starting a new game is to assign user points to the areas where they will benefit the backstage rating.

The commentary team issue can be addressed by adding in another person to the third chair. Remove the color commentator if necessary.

One of the first hire you should make is Amazing Fire Fly. Potentially a great wrestler, a master of flashiness, an extremely positive backstage presence and Axxis Jr's protege.

If you need ratings boost in your matches, move Star Master or Xtinction to the same brand. The former Los Enfermos, now you should rename them, my personal preference is for Los Heroes, are a great team. They works well for TV main events or high level PPV matches.

Build youngsters, my personal preference goes to El Heroe Mexicano, already a good wrestler and Champagne Lover's protege.

Add as a third guest commentator an high charisma performer. They will improve your rating and their charisma.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived